Phase 2 strolling thread!

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    sweetd6 wrote: »
    Which brings up another topic - the main message boards, they are ALL about CICO (calories in/calories out) and how anything else is total nonsense and a myth. Hoards will attack anyone who suggests that keeping their carbs down helps them lose weight better; they constantly claim if you eat 1200 cals. a day in ice cream you will lose the same as eating 1200 cals. in healthy lean proteins, fruits and veggies and whole grains in moderation. I find THAT total nonsense but don't want to be attacked, so I don't jump into those conversations. And I do lose better, have less cravings and feel so much better when I am keeping my carbs down (not missing, just down).

Yes, the main boards are very much a CICO group. And not very interested in discussing NUTRITION either (other than the precious protein macro).
    I haven't really tried low carb, but I know for myself after 14 years of eating SLOW carb. This works for me. Period.
    I know this. I know I'm not working against my body. I know I'm working WITH it.

cheers!
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    gosh, I missed all this yesterday...need to catch up...welcome Sweetd6...happy to see more people posting...

Today's Menu:
    B: HB egg, V8, Ezekiel toast and butter, coffee
    S: green smoothie
    L: TJs herb salad with L/O grilled salmon...hmmm...sliced strawberries
    S:
    Di: Grilled chicken and asparagus, dark leafy greens salad
    De: popcorn and tea

HAGDE
  • magic71755
    Options
    BTW, I just roll my eyes at people that subscribe to the notion of CICO...silly people.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Yesterday:
    B: Green smoothie
    S nuts and grapes
    L: leftover baked squash and kale casserole
    S: swiss cheese
    Di: baked tofu, hard boiled eggs, cilantro (it's a chinese dish) and edamame
    De: chardonnay
  • sweetd6
    sweetd6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yeah when I say low carb, it really isn't that low, I eat beans and yogurt and veggies and now fruit that all has carbs. I like my protein and carb grams to be about even when I track (the reccomendation is to have double or triple the carb grams to protein). I have a question - do either of you track your food on MFP? I have been, until yesterday, but it gets tedious, and I remember that I did just fine last time on SBD simply eating from the lists and watching my portion sizes. So I might try that for awhile. Thanks for the welcome majic, and Sabine too.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    sweetd6 wrote: »
    Yeah when I say low carb, it really isn't that low, I eat beans and yogurt and veggies and now fruit that all has carbs. I like my protein and carb grams to be about even when I track (the reccomendation is to have double or triple the carb grams to protein). I have a question - do either of you track your food on MFP? I have been, until yesterday, but it gets tedious, and I remember that I did just fine last time on SBD simply eating from the lists and watching my portion sizes. So I might try that for awhile. Thanks for the welcome majic, and Sabine too.
    I don't generally track. If I'm trying a bunch of new foods I might for a week, or if the scale sneaks up...but in general, no.

• magic71755
    Options
    Today's Menu:
    B: HB egg, toast and butter (Ezekiel), coffee
    S: steamed edamame...yum (costco has a huge bag in the freezer...and there are little portions inside to microwave...LOVE IT.
    S: Green smoothie
    L: Homemade Ezekiel burrito
    Di: Tuna salad (home late)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Me:
    B: green smoothie
    S: nuts
    L: chef salad
    S: grapes and a hard boiled egg
    Di: I have no idea. Leek soup, or tofu and edamame? I truly have no idea today.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Me:
    B: green smoothie
    S: nuts
    S: grapes and a hard boiled egg
    Di: I have no idea. Leek soup, or tofu and edamame? I truly have no idea today.

In the end, hubs made a phase 1.5 (lol) friendly soup. A soup royale:
    Chicken, leeks, hard boiled eggs and something that made it all taste good in a broth.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Morning Sabine!

Today is not my official weigh in day...but I saw 143.5 today. Last weight was 145. I am so excited.
    weight.png

Soup sounds amazing...brothy soups...I love them.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Morning Sabine!

Today is not my official weigh in day...but I saw 143.5 today. Last weight was 145. I am so excited.
    weight.png

Soup sounds amazing...brothy soups...I love them.

Well done!!
  • magic71755
    Options
    So sorry...good morning to all the SB followers...ooopsie. Please forgive me...I was on such a high...had not seen that number in about three years. Really excited.

Do drop in and post daily...we share our menus...get ideas and keep each other focused. My reboot was 2/11 and I still have laser vision. No side trips off the beach, onto the boardwalk in this girl's future!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Today's plan:
    B: Green smoothie and jicama
    S: jicama
    Di: going to a graduation party. I plan to eat vegetables and meats, and have 2 glasses of chardonnay.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Have a great time. I think I am due a glass of Spanish wine tomorrow night to toast my new home. o:)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Have a great time. I think I am due a glass of Spanish wine tomorrow night to toast my new home. o:)

Yes!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Today's Menu:
    B: usual...eggs toast butter v8
    S: steamed edamame, green smoothie
    L: ezekiel homemade pizza, salad
    S: blueberries
    Di: grilled chicken and asparagus and yellow squash
    De: pistachios and tea
  • magic71755
    edited May 2015
    Options
    momflowersmile.gif

Have a great day, everyone!

Nice loss this week after none the week before...down three pounds.

weight.png
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    All the graduations are done. I think I did okay!
  • magic71755
    edited May 2015
    Options
    All the graduations are done. I think I did okay!

Good for you. I really have had an easy time of it...no distractions.

Today I begin a new work schedule...even though I work, I get three meals at home. But now, I have Fridays and Saturdays off...and go in late on Sundays. I am going to have a social life...thanks God.

Today's Menu:

B: standard...HB egg, toast and butter, coffee
    S: green smoothie
    L: homemade ezekiel pizza...dark leafy greens with Newman's Light Italian
    S: steamed edamame
    Di grilled chicken, asparagus yellow squash, watermelon
    De popcorn, tea

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Today was a pajama day!
    I had breakfast (in bed, made by hubs) at about 10!
    B: eggs with red pepper and spinach, refried beans
    L: none, still full!
    Sn: hard boiled egg and some nuts
    Di: hubs is making zucchini pasta with hazel nuts.