Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Irene
    I hope that NS or FedEx made good on the replacement. It is just sad that Someone did that, I see that sort of thing on the news and think to myself, Thank You that it does not seem to happen here in town. I suspect that based on past deliveries my frozen will come this afternoon. Probably in the Smaller Square Foam container. I hope I am not disappointed by the New Frozen Dinner tonight. I hope it isn't a repeat of the "Sesame Ginger Chicken" where I pass it on to my brother and heat up a shelf stable dinner :)

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    edited May 2016
    Roger, I was just taking the top layer of dirt off...several of my plants have some mold on the dirt... and then adding fresh dirt on top. One was fine, the other I repotted because it was just too messed up. I have a bunch more to do, but 2 was enough yesterday.
    Sorry your order was stolen, Irene. I've never had that happen with packages. My neighborhood is pretty safe, lots of young families, most of the people driving through live here.
    Chiropractor later today. And I have more plants to take care of if I want, removing mold or planting clippings I've rooted.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    I didn't have a problem getting the cats into their carriers. I grabbed one under each arm and put them in the room with the carriers and closed the door before they could escape. They I literally shoved them into the carriers and zipped them up quickly.
    They are both healthy and update on shots. Vinny's blood work came back excellent. The vet said he is a very healthy cat for his age. He is staying on insulin for the time being, since his # are so good on it. We will revisit lowering the dose at a later date.
    Vix-A few of my plants have mold on the top layer of dirt. I thought it was caused by covering the pot with aluminum foil. I do this so the cats won't dig in the dirt.
    Roger-I did order the new frozen foods, but haven't tried them yet. There was dry ice in my order, but the ice creams were all smushed and misshapen. They still taste good.
    Irene-I like the frozen. I had gotten to the point that I was tired of the shelf stable. It was a nice change.
    Sorry your frozen order got stolen. I have never had a problem. I guess I live in a safe neighborhood.
    It is warm and cloudy here, but not hot enough for the AC yet.
    Anyone have any plans for the Memorial Day weekend?
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • eku0
    edited May 2016
    Good morning!
    Jo, I think the mold just grows, maybe from the plants being too damp or just because it's in the soil? Anyway, the woman who cleans for me told me that those little gnats live in that, so it's best to get rid of it. I have several plants I have to fix. Glad the kitties are doing well. :)
    Our forecast is mostly in the mid to high 80s for the next 10 days. We put our air conditioning on last night. I don't sleep well in the heat. Up early this morning and have zumba class.
    I might try to go to Kohl's. I have coupons for $$ off.
    Also have a girls night tonight with 2 women from work and my daughter.
    As for the rest of the weekend, we're going to a friend's BBQ on Sunday. That should be fun.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning,It is hot here already and it is only 7 am the only thing I have planned for today is drop off papers to the drs office and do some food shopping. As far as the weekend we have no plans my family lives like 3 hours away too far to go with all the traffic. The reason we got the ring was because the people that use to live down the street would steal packages I actually had a ns package stolen and yes ns replaced it . But that is the reason I stopped doing frozen just wasn't worth it.
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2016
    Hi
    I went out walking this morning, Not walking was killing my weight :(
    6700 steps to ease back into walking. Hopefully my Ankle will be OK.
    The temperature was in the low 90s Yesterday in parts of NJ, This morning was 8 degrees warmer and more humid than yesterday for the same time. The Living Room was 77 degrees already so I have turned on the Wall AC. When I walked in the Sunlight I could feel the heat too.

I had the new dinner entree Black Bean Polenta Enchilada with White Meat Chicken 250 calories last night, It was OK. Not as hot as I was afraid it would be. On a par with the Southwest Fiesta Melt lunch melt and I do order a couple of those each order for the variety.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Roger, I was just taking the top layer of dirt off...several of my plants have some mold on the dirt... and then adding fresh dirt on top. One was fine, the other I repotted because it was just too messed up. I have a bunch more to do, but 2 was enough yesterday.
    Sorry your order was stolen, Irene. I've never had that happen with packages. My neighborhood is pretty safe, lots of young families, most of the people driving through live here.
    Chiropractor later today. And I have more plants to take care of if I want, removing mold or planting clippings I've rooted.

Hi Vix
    I do not recall anything being stolen either. I did have to have the Post Office track down a Mich-delivered package a few years ago other than that nope. I see the neighbors across the street getting packages all the time too. I do occasionally get the next door neighbors mail, I have a suspicion that is because the mailman cues in on the first name when sorting and he & my brother have the same first name. I just either hand it to him or put it in his mailbox.

Mold sounds as if there was some organic material that was staying moist.
    Good morning!
    Jo, I think the mold just grows, maybe from the plants being too damp or just because it's in the soil? Anyway, the woman who cleans for me told me that those little gnats live in that, so it's best to get rid of it. I have several plants I have to fix. Glad the kitties are doing well. :)
    Our forecast is mostly in the mid to high 80s for the next 10 days. We put our air conditioning on last night. I don't sleep well in the heat. Up early this morning and have zumba class.
    I might try to go to Kohl's. I have coupons for $$ off.
    Also have a girls night tonight with 2 women from work and my daughter.
    As for the rest of the weekend, we're going to a friend's BBQ on Sunday. That should be fun.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Hi again
    I hope the Chiropractor visit went well.

I hate those gnats, Sometimes this time of year they are heavy in the air when I go walking right in my path of course :)

I turned off the Bedroom AC before bed and put on the large Box Fan that is aimed across the bed.

It was 73 degrees at 9:10 Am when I turned on the TV to check the local weather report.

I am thinking I should pull the frozen Thin cut Pork Chops and Grill them Saturday or Sunday with a taste of Sweet Baby rays BBQ Sauce on them.

Enjoy the Zumba and the rest of Your running around. I have been doing so much of my shopping while walking that my car gives a sigh of loneliness as I walk past it :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    I didn't have a problem getting the cats into their carriers. I grabbed one under each arm and put them in the room with the carriers and closed the door before they could escape. They I literally shoved them into the carriers and zipped them up quickly.
    They are both healthy and update on shots. Vinny's blood work came back excellent. The vet said he is a very healthy cat for his age. He is staying on insulin for the time being, since his # are so good on it. We will revisit lowering the dose at a later date.
    Vix-A few of my plants have mold on the top layer of dirt. I thought it was caused by covering the pot with aluminum foil. I do this so the cats won't dig in the dirt.
    Roger-I did order the new frozen foods, but haven't tried them yet. There was dry ice in my order, but the ice creams were all smushed and misshapen. They still taste good.
    Irene-I like the frozen. I had gotten to the point that I was tired of the shelf stable. It was a nice change.
    Sorry your frozen order got stolen. I have never had a problem. I guess I live in a safe neighborhood.
    It is warm and cloudy here, but not hot enough for the AC yet.
    Anyone have any plans for the Memorial Day weekend?
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Joanne
    The Only thing that came melted in the past was the Nutrichocolates during the heat of the Summer. My Frozen is always OK. OTOH as an example of how fast it gets to me my A La Carte order shipped 5/25/2016 - Wednesday 9:43 pm Arrived at FedEx location LEWISBERRY, PA and was delivered 5/26/2016 - Thursday 3:48 pm. Less than 24 hours later.
    I would call for a replacement or credit for the melted Ice Creams.

My whole holiday plan is to grill some thin pork chops left over from last year in the freezer with BBQ sauce, other than that, Staying Home.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning,It is hot here already and it is only 7 am the only thing I have planned for today is drop off papers to the drs office and do some food shopping. As far as the weekend we have no plans my family lives like 3 hours away too far to go with all the traffic. The reason we got the ring was because the people that use to live down the street would steal packages I actually had a ns package stolen and yes ns replaced it . But that is the reason I stopped doing frozen just wasn't worth it.

Hi Irene
    I was working up a little bit of a sweat this morning when I got out the door around 7:25. I turned on the AC when I got back home too. The Big Wall unit in the Living room does a decent job on the Main floor.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hot here too. I think I'll stay in and catch up with laundry and things. I can use my Kohl's coupons tomorrow. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Roger-I have the black bean polenta enchilada in the microwave right now. :)
    Vix-Enjoy your girls night out. :) Looks like I will be giving my plants some TLC over the weekend.
    I turned on the AC last night. We have it set at 72, so if the house gets any warmer than that it kicks on.
    It was very comfortable sleeping last night.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, it sure got hot here yesterday it was 91 to hot to walk. I took a friend of mine to the grocery store she is 80 years old and doesn't drive she is such a nice person then I spend some time with her . Her husband passed away a year and half ago so I try and spend some time with her, it was really nice.I went for a walk this morning I don't go long very much but I went out with George and Annie this morning and I got 8000 steps in so I feel pretty good about that. I have has the ac on it just gets to hot well take care and have a nice saturday
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Girls night was fun. :)
    Very hot here too. We may go for a walk soon, before it gets too hot.
    Happy Saturday. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon,
    It is 93 here and I am nice cool in my AC house.
    I worked this morning and will work a few hours tomorrow and Monday. The store is short on help and the manager asked me to work. Nothing else planned for the weekend.
    Have a great day. :)

• RogerToo
    edited May 2016
    Hi
    Despite getting out an hour earlier than normal I am running late today posting and may easily run out of time shortly. If I miss anybody/anything I will finish up tomorrow :)
    Currently at 9500 steps. It was HOT out there this morning, I could really feel the heat of the sun when I was in the sunlight. Then after Breakfast My Brother & I took out a small tree 1.5 to 2 inches that was growing between the back fences. Using a electric Saws-all AKA Reciprocating Saw and a wood blade we broke it down into manageable pieces into a plastic tub to fit into the car cleanly and finished the job with a Recycle Leaf bag and disposed of the dearly departed at the recycle center.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    Hot here too. I think I'll stay in and catch up with laundry and things. I can use my Kohl's coupons tomorrow. :)

Hi Vix
    Here I am running late :)
    I hope Your Day was good
    Roger
    Good evening;
    Roger-I have the black bean polenta enchilada in the microwave right now. :)
    Vix-Enjoy your girls night out. :) Looks like I will be giving my plants some TLC over the weekend.
    I turned on the AC last night. We have it set at 72, so if the house gets any warmer than that it kicks on.
    It was very comfortable sleeping last night.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I will be interested in hearing how You liked that entree. It will be a one per order food item I suspect for variety.
    I left the small bedroom AC unit running from yesterday morning on. It may not get shut off until fall and for cleaning given the temperatures and time of year.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    good morning, it sure got hot here yesterday it was 91 to hot to walk. I took a friend of mine to the grocery store she is 80 years old and doesn't drive she is such a nice person then I spend some time with her . Her husband passed away a year and half ago so I try and spend some time with her, it was really nice.I went for a walk this morning I don't go long very much but I went out with George and Annie this morning and I got 8000 steps in so I feel pretty good about that. I have has the ac on it just gets to hot well take care and have a nice saturday

Hi Irene
    It was already getting hot at 6:30AM and was even worse when I reached back home at 8AM. I stopped a couple of times as much to cool off in the shade as a reason. I hope to get put slightly earlier tomorrow as I try and beat the heat. Currently my Front Porch is showing the 90s at 7:30PM :( There goes the electric bill.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2016
    Good morning!
    Girls night was fun. :)
    Very hot here too. We may go for a walk soon, before it gets too hot.
    Happy Saturday. :)

Hi Again
    I hope Your walk went OK, It seems early for Summer heat.
    Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    Good afternoon,
    It is 93 here and I am nice cool in my AC house.
    I worked this morning and will work a few hours tomorrow and Monday. The store is short on help and the manager asked me to work. Nothing else planned for the weekend.
    Have a great day. :)
    Hi Joanne
    Sorry to hear You ended up working the Holiday weekend.

Stay Cool
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited May 2016
    It was hot for our walk, but mostly in the forested part of the park, so it wasn't so bad. Was pretty sweaty by the time we finished, but it was good to get out.
    Went to Kohl's. Mostly went through the clearance racks...got 2 sweaters and a sweater dress for next winter, and a nice summer blouse. I had a coupon for $14 and a coupon for $10. I paid $12.82! Talk about frugal! The receipt shows Total Saved: $187.10... :smiley:
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    Now that is an awesome savings :) I wish I could score clothes like that.

On the Back roads while walking today I was zigzagging and planning my route to be in the shade as much as possible.

Today was not my favorite day for walking due to the heat.

Tomorrow I think I will go outback and fire up the small BBQ and cook up those pork chops from last year. I pulled them from the freezer and put them into the Refrigerator to defrost yesterday. A little Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and they should be good, even when Microwaved over the next couple of days.

Enjoy Your Evening
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is a little cooler this morning.
    I worked 12am-6am. I am having my coffee and turkey sausage and egg breakfast sandwich.
    Roger-the black bean enchilada was ok. I would order it again.
    Vix-What a great savings! :)
    The only thing I did yesterday was water my flowers and I was very sweaty when I finished.
    I haven't decided on anything to do today, besides taking a nap.
    Have a happy Sunday. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning, just got back from, our walk it is hot out already I guess the summer heat is here it is 70 already . Trying to get some exercise in I am starting to gain weight from sitting around. Jo sorry you have to work, I use to work all the holidays I never really minded and the extra money was always nice . Vix glad you had a nice time with your friends.Roger enjoy your cookout. As for myself not sure what we are doing we will probably take a ride and go to the bog it is nice there and Annie can go swimming there , it is like all natural there so, not too many people there. Wow Vix you sure did save a lot .
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Jo, good you can relax, I would be tired after that shift!
    Irene, good to get the walk in early, sounds like you have a nice day planned. :)
    Roger, enjoy your BBQ chops. :)
    It's hot here too. We have a BBQ at a friends house late afternoon to evening.
    Hubs just installed a new router on our network, upgraded. Our old one kept losing it. It was easy to connect. All I needed was the password. :)
    No plans yet for the rest of the morning and early afternoon. May just putter around.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was somewhat cooler this morning than Yesterday, a Whopping 2 or 3 degrees, Whee. Today's weather looks like a rerun of the last two days until this afternoon When that Tropical Storm from down South moves in, it is currently forecast to last into tomorrow Afternoon. Thus the Picking up the fruit today. There goes tomorrows holiday for many in this area :(

I got out the door early 6:30AM and shortened that green strandy weed that covers the lot around the house on my return, 8400 steps total :) On the way back home I stopped and picked up some assorted types of Apples, a head of Lettuce, 2 Green Pears, 3 Greenish Bananas. I would have skipped the Bananas if they had not been fairly green :)

Have a good Memorial Day
    Roger
    Good morning;
    It is a little cooler this morning.
    I worked 12am-6am. I am having my coffee and turkey sausage and egg breakfast sandwich.
    Roger-the black bean enchilada was ok. I would order it again.
    Vix-What a great savings! :)
    The only thing I did yesterday was water my flowers and I was very sweaty when I finished.
    I haven't decided on anything to do today, besides taking a nap.
    Have a happy Sunday. :)

Hi Joanne
    It was not as hot as I had feared thus my being willing to reorder it in the next order.
    The Turkey Sausage & Egg breakfast sandwich needs a little cheese IMO. I use 1/2 of a slice of Velveeta on it and the other 1/2 on the Hamburger sandwich. Each 1/2 slice is only 20 calories so I can consider it a Limited Extra :) And it does help the sandwich taste a lot for me. It takes the sandwich from Meh to Good. BTW when I do the NS Breakfast sandwich with cheese in it, I pull the cheese before heating it in the Microwave and then put the cheese back on when it is done.

One of us needs to get out and water the garden later, after planting the plants my Brother picked up Yesterday, He picked up Basil, Dill, and Portulaca, lots of Basil as he love fresh made Pesto :)

Enjoy the Holiday
    Roger
    Good morning, just got back from, our walk it is hot out already I guess the summer heat is here it is 70 already . Trying to get some exercise in I am starting to gain weight from sitting around. Jo sorry you have to work, I use to work all the holidays I never really minded and the extra money was always nice . Vix glad you had a nice time with your friends.Roger enjoy your cookout. As for myself not sure what we are doing we will probably take a ride and go to the bog it is nice there and Annie can go swimming there , it is like all natural there so, not too many people there. Wow Vix you sure did save a lot .

Hi Irene
    At least it was a little better today than Saturday when I went out the door. OTOH the Living Room was up to 79 degrees so On went mister Wall mount AC before I went out to mow.

I used to work Holidays too, When I was driving for a living. That Gave 9 hours guaranteed pay, 8 hours regular + 1 Hour OT, then Time and a half for all hours worked. Plus I always found that where I went the traffic was lighter than normal. So for the first 8 hours it worked out to double time & a half, Then 1 hour of triple time, then anything past the 9 hour mark was a pay cut back to Time & a half :)

I did not do good with weight and I was only off walking for 2 days this past week from the Ankle pain. So far so good no re-occurrence, Knock wood. Good Luck getting things fixed

Enjoy Your Holiday
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Jo, good you can relax, I would be tired after that shift!
    Irene, good to get the walk in early, sounds like you have a nice day planned. :)
    Roger, enjoy your BBQ chops. :)
    It's hot here too. We have a BBQ at a friends house late afternoon to evening.
    Hubs just installed a new router on our network, upgraded. Our old one kept losing it. It was easy to connect. All I needed was the password. :)
    No plans yet for the rest of the morning and early afternoon. May just putter around.

Hi Vix
    I did always like night work for the Summer, Much more comfortable :)

I Plan to enjoy the BBQ Chops today and tomorrow.

I upgraded our Wireless setup last year to 802.11ac router and a USB device on this computer to get all the Internet speed I am paying for. All the rest of the Desktop computers are hardwired. Sooner or later I plan to hardwire this one too so I can turn off the wireless as a security thing.

Enjoy Your Day Taking it Easy, Enjoy the Holiday & BBQ
    Roger