Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning.
    Hope your NS arrives today, safe and sound, Irene. :)
    Jo, enjoy your day off! It's started out very cloudy today, but not supposed to rain until tomorrow.
    Painting class this morning. :)
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    7100 steps and 1 Cent while walking. I stopped at the Grocery Store on the inbound leg of my walk and picked up a head of Lettuce, 2 Green Pears, and 4 Semi-ripe Bananas since I ate my last one before I walked. I looked for greenish ones as they ripen fast at this time of year and the riper looking one will be fine tomorrow morning. I was able to pick and choose for color and size as there was a selection of loose bananas laying among the bagged ones :)

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi!
    Body flow is part tai chi, part yoga, and part pilates. I don't like the pilates part. :p
    I made a bird house at clay co-op yesterday...still have to fire it, paint it, and fire it again.
    I've been making small cups and bowls at the pottery wheel class.
    Irene, good that you are getting your walking in, if smaller walks work better, that's great. :)
    Roger, sounds like you've been busy! We have our AC on...it's 86 and sunny today.
    It was really fun going out for lunch. My friend Toni looks very cute. She's really excited as this is her first baby. :)
    Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I was running the AC from morning to 9PM when I noticed it had finally cooled off outside then I put it on fan to keep the air moving and opened the door to the front porch for fresh air.

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Irene-I think you will like the frozen NS. That's great that you can walk shorter distances and your knee doesn't hurt as much.
    Vix-It is fun shopping for baby things. I think pilates is hard.
    Roger-It was a perfect day here, not too hot and not too cold, just right. HAHA I sound like Goldilocks. :p
    We picked up my daughter's new car. She is very happy.
    I have tomorrow off and if the weather permits, I will be working on the weeds in my flower beds. I think it will be an all day project, but will look so much nicer when I am done.
    Have a great evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I spent part of yesterday digging in front of our shed. It has not been dug in many, many years. I found some Slate, Concrete pavers and some bricks as well as a length of Steel or maybe it is iron pipe in the ground. You would not believe the junk we have been pulling out of the ground around it as we dig it for the first time in many, many years :)

I also potted up some Geraniums in a hanging Basket. We still have three empty baskets. Maybe my Brother will pick somethings up for them today when he runs over to Lowes. I think Petunias would work.

Cheers
    Roger
    still waiting on my ns order it got pushed back to today it is actually being delivered by post office hope it is still frozen.

Hi Irene
    It should be good for several days as shipped by NS. If You do have bad luck and it arrives defrosted call NS and they will replace it FOC AKA Free Of Charge. Usually the first thing to go soft would be the Chocolate and Orange Cream Frozen Dessert bars.

I get mine overnight from the Pennsylvania warehouses. NS has a Frozen and a Shelf Stable in PA. I get mine via FedEx, I wonder why the USPS is doing Yours?

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Hope your NS arrives today, safe and sound, Irene. :)
    Jo, enjoy your day off! It's started out very cloudy today, but not supposed to rain until tomorrow.
    Painting class this morning. :)
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Her Frozen should be good, I get mine Overnight and when it comes the Dry Ice is still pretty much un-melted. I leave the Dry ice in the cooler until I get rid of the cooler and it is still there a couple of days later :)

Enjoy the Painting class
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Irene-I hope your NS arrives unmelted.
    Roger-so far you have me beaten in steps :) ,but I haven't gone out of the house yet. ;) It is surprising what you can find when you start to dig. I wonder how long the items have been there?
    Yesterday I found 26 cents.
    Vix-enjoy your painting class. What are you painting?
    I have all my housework done and am sitting here procrastinating about working in the yard. It is overcast and muggy.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne
    I am sort of not surprised by the Pipe as we had two Plumbers in the house at one time.
    The slate should not have surprised me as there are pieces of slate leading from the cement patio to the shed. I have already used a whole slate I dug up and two broken pieces to fill in the area between the Planting beds along the back of the patio where there was only bare ground. Saved a little money that way as well since my Brother wanted to pick up a large paver(s) for that purpose.

I may have You beat in steps so far OTOH You are ahead of me for money found this week :)

I think Irene's Frozen should be good, it most likely comes from the same frozen warehouse in Pennsylvania as mine and mine can ship at 9PM and be delivered by FedEx to me here in NJ in less than 24 hours with the Dry Ice pretty much intact.

However I will say Good Luck and You should enjoy it Irene.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Jo, I just started working on a painting of a bridge, moon, and raven at night. I'm taking it from a black and white photo, but I'm doing it in purples and black so far.
    Roger....you found a lot of stuff! Good that you're repurposing it. :)
    Well, I've made my appts. with the periodontist and the gastroenterologist for next week. Will see how all that goes.
    Seems pretty nice out today.
    Hope you're all enjoying the day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    hi yes I got my ns both orders came yesterday I only ordered a couple of things in frozen everything was good . I had the stuffed shells for dinner last night really good so much better than the shelve food I probably will be ordering more frozen. The body flow classes sound like fun after they fix my knee I plan on doing something leaning towards yoga I did start using my bow flex machine but just for upper body it is a start . Vix the picture sounds pretty you are so amazing you do so much. well jo and Roger both of you have been finding more money than I have . My plans for today is food shopping and taking Annie for a walk later so far I have 7876 steps in .
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Zumba this morning....they messed up the schedule, so hubs and I don't have classes at the same time....seems such a waste to take 2 cars...oh well. Hopefully it's just for the summer.
    Gray and foggy this morning.
    Glad you enjoyed the frozen food and that it arrived. :)
    Have a good day!
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I haven't headed out yet for my walk, It is drizzling outside and appears from the weather report that it should be out of here on a while. Front porch in the mid 60s so that will be OK today.

Have a Good Friday & enjoy the upcoming Weekend
    Roger
    Jo, I just started working on a painting of a bridge, moon, and raven at night. I'm taking it from a black and white photo, but I'm doing it in purples and black so far.
    Roger....you found a lot of stuff! Good that you're repurposing it. :)
    Well, I've made my appts. with the periodontist and the gastroenterologist for next week. Will see how all that goes.
    Seems pretty nice out today.
    Hope you're all enjoying the day. :)

Hi Vix
    I'm reusing since it is already paid for and on hand :)
    Good morning.
    Zumba this morning....they messed up the schedule, so hubs and I don't have classes at the same time....seems such a waste to take 2 cars...oh well. Hopefully it's just for the summer.
    Gray and foggy this morning.
    Glad you enjoyed the frozen food and that it arrived. :)
    Have a good day!

The one constant in life is that when You have a comfortable routine setup, something will come along and mess it up :)

So far a gray and dampish day, I could gear up in rain gear but with the temps where they are I'd be sweating shortly after leaving the house.

Cheers
    Roger
    hi yes I got my ns both orders came yesterday I only ordered a couple of things in frozen everything was good . I had the stuffed shells for dinner last night really good so much better than the shelve food I probably will be ordering more frozen. The body flow classes sound like fun after they fix my knee I plan on doing something leaning towards yoga I did start using my bow flex machine but just for upper body it is a start . Vix the picture sounds pretty you are so amazing you do so much. well jo and Roger both of you have been finding more money than I have . My plans for today is food shopping and taking Annie for a walk later so far I have 7876 steps in .

Hi Irene
    The stuffed shells are good. Hopefully they get to Your knee soon.

I'm guessing it is raining by You too this morning?

Have a Nice Day
    Stay Dry
    Roger
  • eku0
    Roger, I applaud your recycling. :) As far as the classes, I feel bad that we can't carpool on Fridays like we do for the other classes. I'm all for not wasting resources.
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    The short answer is I hate wasting anything. I suspect that is why I have a bit of a hard time throwing something away if there is even a remote chance I'll use it in the future :) The way I see it if you could get by with one car, that saves wear and tear on the car, extending it's life slightly each time You can avoid using it. You save Fuel and reduce the possibility of a car accident by 50% when using one car vs two cars.

I did get out the door around 8:30AM and the first half of the walk went OK, then it started drizzling a little bit harder so I pulled the umbrella out of my pocket and used it for 15 or 20 minutes until i reached the bank to do my banking. When I left the bank the rain had stopped again and has not really started up again. The streets started drying and stayed that way. Tomorrow should be a nice day and then rain in the forecast for Sunday, I do not recall when and TBH they will probably adjust the forecast into Saturday evening anyway.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, I will be ordering more frozen but do they have plans for frozen or is it you just add on to your plan you already have ? So far the frozen is so much better. Roger it only drizzled here not much rain . Already got out and got my first walk in already have in 8000 steps and found 6 cents. Aw vix sorry your classes aren't at the same time I would be the same way why take 2 cars when you can get away with one.Jo are you working today?
  • eku0
    edited June 2016
    Good morning.
    Was up early this morning. No plans for today, though I do need to do some chores around the house.
    Sounds like you got a good walk in, Irene. :)
    It's another foggy/misty morning.
    Happy weekend, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2016
    Hi
    I have Been out walking, 7200 steps. It is 70 degrees out at 8:40AM and must be humid as I was starting to sweat on the inbound leg. I have thrown the Free Dunkin Donut that came with my coffee in the freezer, Later That Glazed Donut will join the free French Cruller from the other day in a Vacuum sealed bag once it has frozen so as to not get crushed for later consumption either by me or friends. The AC units are already running on all the floors, The Living room was up to 75 and the second floor was up to 80 according to my Brother, There goes the electric Bill :(

Something is in the air that I seem to be allergic to, I suspect it is that plant that is in bloom right now and giving putting a sweet smell in the air.

Have a Great Saturday, Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Was up early this morning. No plans for today, though I do need to do some chores around the house.
    Sounds like you got a good walk in, Irene. :)
    It's another foggy/misty morning.
    Happy weekend, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Currently I am here posting and have a program running in the background that takes video files and converts them to DVD format, Authors them and burns the DVD all in one step. I use it for Q&D results where I am not concerned with getting the best quality as it is quick and easy to use. For important things like the Video captures of Family tapes I use a different process. A conversion program that lets me filter and enhance and then still another one to author where I can use a predefined menu or Create a custom menu.

Nothing much else on my agenda beyond what I am doing and looking at email.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning, I will be ordering more frozen but do they have plans for frozen or is it you just add on to your plan you already have ? So far the frozen is so much better. Roger it only drizzled here not much rain . Already got out and got my first walk in already have in 8000 steps and found 6 cents. Aw vix sorry your classes aren't at the same time I would be the same way why take 2 cars when you can get away with one.Jo are you working today?

Hi Irene
    NS does have a plan with frozen, You would have to decide if it is for You. The Uniquely Yours plan for Women shows at $11.96 a day or approximately 334.88 before You include your discounts. Call for details. That is for a 28 day plan. vs $295.12 that the NS plan page shows for the Women's Core plan which is only Shelf stable foods.
    http://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/diet-plans/weight-loss-plans.jsp?plan=uniquelyyours
    Everything included in our Core plan, PLUS:
    + Biggest and best selection—choose from over 150 delicious meals and snacks
    + Unlimited frozen foods—customize your plan with as much frozen food as you want
    + Total menu freedom—mix and match ready-to-go & frozen foods for a menu you love

The other option Frozen A La Carte means adding frozen on top of core plan and extending Your delivery date by ordering a balanced set of frozen. BTW the mens plan is higher as the mens plans include a extra Dessert each day.

If You are getting the standard 20% discount and You have the NS Gift Cards from Costco run 20% off year round or 40% off on sale the price difference is not that bad. Currently they are running $79.99 for $100 face value. You can buy them as a non member too, the price is not quite as good as a non Costco member however, Till worth doing however. I have been on the Uniquely Yours plan for Men for quite a while. When I started They also had a 10 day frozen and 18 day Shelf Stable plan that I started with and then upgraded from the first year.

I mainly ran into drizzle too on Friday. You are doing better than I at finding money too.

Enjoy Your Weekend
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    thanks Roger for the info I think I am going to change to the frozen better food. I did get all my steps in got 10,857 so I am good for the day
  • eku0
    Good walk, Irene! I just walked around the neighborhood. It's only about a mile, but the weather cooperated. :)
    I am so glad we got a better router for our network. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I get the Uniquely Yours plan for Women.I order mostly frozen now.
    Vix-you are so talented. :)
    Roger-I have had to use my nasal spray this week. The pollen count has been high lately.
    I worked this morning 3-11 am. I am just about ready for a nap.
    I am off for the next two days and plan on painting the spare room. It is supposed to be rainy tomorrow,so a good day to do indoor chores.
    Enjoy your weekend. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Good Sunday morning, I took Annie for a small walk got in 3788 steps so I will be getting in more steps later . We plan on taking a ride to the lake so I will be getting more steps in than. That is all we have planned for today.It feels lie rain so I will be inside most of the day I need to pull some weeds but maybe tomorrow. So Jo what color are you going to paint the spare room?
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Sounds like a nice day, Irene.
    Jo, hope you are finished with your night shifts. Very ambitious to paint a room...what color?
    Hi Roger. :)
    We're supposed to get t-storms later this morning...no plans for today, probably just some chores around the house.
    Enjoy the day :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking starting at 7:30 until 9AM 7900 steps so far, More later when I go to the Supermarket. The Sky is covered with a heavy layer of clouds with heavy rain and some stormy winds for later today. I did take the folding Umbrella along in my pocket, just in case, fortunately I did not need it :)

Breakfast shortly, a Frozen NS Cinnamon Roll and a NS Chocolate Protein Shake to finish the breakfast. The Banana was eaten before I went out the door it was 178 grams in weight before peeling it. Monday I will most likely make a local Grocery Store Run for Bananas and other fruit unless the ShopRite has nice green Bananas as I still have one more left for tomorrow before I go walking and two days worth of Apples and Navel Oranges.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    thanks Roger for the info I think I am going to change to the frozen better food. I did get all my steps in got 10,857 so I am good for the day
    Good Sunday morning, I took Annie for a small walk got in 3788 steps so I will be getting in more steps later . We plan on taking a ride to the lake so I will be getting more steps in than. That is all we have planned for today.It feels lie rain so I will be inside most of the day I need to pull some weeds but maybe tomorrow. So Jo what color are you going to paint the spare room?

Hi Irene
    I am lucky that I have a smallish freezer so what I do is order 28 days of frozen and add some A La Carte for the Shelf Stable that I like.

I Got out before the rain and I hope to be back from the market before the rain starts. I get tired of walking in the rain. This morning was a better day than yesterday for walking. The local Time and Temperature sign showed 67 degrees at 8:19, The time was wrong too.

It is nice and easy to pull the weeds after the rain compared to before.

Stay Dry
    Roger
    Good walk, Irene! I just walked around the neighborhood. It's only about a mile, but the weather cooperated. :)
    I am so glad we got a better router for our network. :)
    Good morning.
    Sounds like a nice day, Irene.
    Jo, hope you are finished with your night shifts. Very ambitious to paint a room...what color?
    Hi Roger. :)
    We're supposed to get t-storms later this morning...no plans for today, probably just some chores around the house.
    Enjoy the day :)

Hi Vix
    Just curious, what problem were You having with the old router? Speed or needing to be restarted often?

Congratulations on getting out walking.

I have my fingers crossed that the afternoon storms are not to hungry and do not eat our electricity :)

Stay Dry
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I get the Uniquely Yours plan for Women.I order mostly frozen now.
    Vix-you are so talented. :)
    Roger-I have had to use my nasal spray this week. The pollen count has been high lately.
    I worked this morning 3-11 am. I am just about ready for a nap.
    I am off for the next two days and plan on painting the spare room. It is supposed to be rainy tomorrow,so a good day to do indoor chores.
    Enjoy your weekend. :)

Hi Joanne
    Today was not to bad while walking compared to the previous two days, I am not sure why. I am cautiously hopeful that means the worst is over. I seem to be allergic to only one item that probably flowers this time of year. I always get a runny nose when the air gets a sweet smell to it around the end of May into June.

Congratulations on Your get up and go. I dread painting personally

Have a Nice Day
    Roger