Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    Roger did you ever figure out what you did to your ankle?
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Irene
    I have no clue what happened, It was fine that morning and up to noon, sometime between noon and 2PM when I got up from the chair it got very painful.

I did not walk for two days and so far no re-occurrence, Knock Wood :)

Enjoy the Holiday
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    hi all, Happy Memorial day nothing really planned it is raining here so we will probably just stay home maybe go for a nice ride 2 days in a row I got my steps in yay
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    edited May 2016
    Good morning.
    It's another gray day here. No plans for today, our son may stop by later. That'll be nice. :)
    In honor of memorial day, and gratitude to all those who served, I pray we choose our leaders wisely. The world is a precarious place.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Well I did it, I walked today 8200 steps so far. I need to check and see if our towns memorial Day Parade is cancelled, many here in NJ are cancelled for today due to the rain in the forecast. According to the Weather report this morning we have had .8 inches of rain overnight. No rain while walking, I did take the big umbrella along just in case.

Have a Great Memorial Day
    Roger
    hi all, Happy Memorial day nothing really planned it is raining here so we will probably just stay home maybe go for a nice ride 2 days in a row I got my steps in yay

Hi Irene
    Hmm... The rain here was gone when I looked out the Living Room window at 7:15AM, So far it has not reappeared, It is gloomy looking outside and who knows it may come back. For now things have dried off.

Enjoy the Holiday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    It's another gray day here. No plans for today, our son may stop by later. That'll be nice. :)
    In honor of memorial day, and gratitude to all those who served, I pray we choose our leaders wisely. The world is a precarious place.

Hi Vix
    There is nothing wrong with having a lazy relaxed day. It is a little sad that beach goers and BBQ'ers will most likely not have a great day for weather.

It is not just out leaders we need to worry about it is all of them around the world. There are a couple of troublemakers out there too.

Have a Good Holiday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Oh yes. There are way too many crazies and egomaniacs in charge. It's scary.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    It was quite chilly yesterday. I wore a light track jacket most of the day. It has been raining most of the day today. I went with my daughter yesterday to buy a new car. She got a great price and good trade in on hers. She got a VW Jetta. The sales person was great, no pressure.
    Vix and Roger, I agree to many crazies in politics now.
    Irene-Yay for getting your steps in.
    I work overnight again last night. I came home and slept for a couple of hours, but it wasn't a restful sleep. I don't think I could do this on a daily basis. I will be glad to get back to my routine.
    Roger-I was wondering if they would cancel the parade in my town. It was raining pretty hard around 9 when it was supposed to start.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2016
    Oh yes. There are way too many crazies and egomaniacs in charge. It's scary.

Hi
    IMO that is understating it.
    Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    It was quite chilly yesterday. I wore a light track jacket most of the day. It has been raining most of the day today. I went with my daughter yesterday to buy a new car. She got a great price and good trade in on hers. She got a VW Jetta. The sales person was great, no pressure.
    Vix and Roger, I agree to many crazies in politics now.
    Irene-Yay for getting your steps in.
    I work overnight again last night. I came home and slept for a couple of hours, but it wasn't a restful sleep. I don't think I could do this on a daily basis. I will be glad to get back to my routine.
    Roger-I was wondering if they would cancel the parade in my town. It was raining pretty hard around 9 when it was supposed to start.
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Joanne
    Yesterday was not chilly here, it was warm & Humid even early in the day.

I called the Police number for the Desk Sargent and used the voice menus to get to the announcements that stated the Parade was cancelled FWIW. The rain had ended before I got up and looked a little after 7AM, Why they cancelled I am not sure. There has been no rain since the overnight hours so far.

Congratulations on a good deal
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we got stuck in the rain but we had our rain gear with us so it was ok. Jo it is hard working over night hopefully you don't have to do it for long. congrats for your daughter getting a new car. Roger all of our parades have been canceled. I agree there is way too many crazies in the world.
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2016
    Hi
    It is warmer already compared to yesterday and the promised drop in humidity has not happened yet. I was out walking and picked up the cloth AKA Handkerchief I dropped yesterday and said I'm not going that far when I realized it was not in my pocket. Sure enough there it was just sitting there waiting for me to pick it up. I keep it in my pocket to sit on if/when I stop for a minute or two to clear my nose. Most of the routes I walk have places that van be used to sit and relax if needed. They also come in handy as a place to dispose of anything that needs it as some of them have City garbage cans :) IOWs when I see garbage / Litter I have been known to pick it up and dispose of it that way. I carry a plastic grocery bag in my pocket when I remember to replace the last on I used up for that purpose. Some of the City cans scattered around have a recycle can next to them otherwise on recycle pickup day I just chuck recyclables into a handy recycle can.

For anybody the is working, Have A Great Back To Work Tuesday
    Roger
    good morning, we got stuck in the rain but we had our rain gear with us so it was ok. Jo it is hard working over night hopefully you don't have to do it for long. congrats for your daughter getting a new car. Roger all of our parades have been canceled. I agree there is way too many crazies in the world.

Hi Irene
    Good to hear You were prepared although TBH I would expect that You would be ready :)

The weird part of the cancel is that things here were drying out at 7AM and there was no more rain yesterday. I can only guess that the parade was canceled the day before based on the weather forecast on Sunday for Monday. Maybe I'll walk past the Police station later this week and see when it has been rescheduled to, if at all.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Warm and sunny this morning. It was partly cloudy and warm yesterday. Didn't do much, my son stopped by for a couple of hours, that was nice.
    Jo, congrats to your daughter on her new car. :)
    I didn't even check on parades around here. Just sort of hung out and relaxed yesterday.
    Off to clay co-op this morning.
    Have a nice day, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    The sun is shinning and there is a warm breeze.
    We didn't do much yesterday, just a quick trip to BBB to get a shoe rack for hubbies shoes.He has stacks of boxes in the bottom of the closet.
    I slept 9 hours last night. I usually only average 4-5 hours. I guess working overnight wore me out.
    I am now back to my regular schedule.
    We are going tomorrow after work to pick up my daughter's new car.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Jo, good that you caught up with some sleep. Have fun picking up your daughter's new car. :)
    Sunny and hot today.
    Body flow class this morning. Meeting two of the girls from work for lunch today, one is due to have a baby at the end of the month. Had fun shopping last night for baby things. :)
    Have a wonderful day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    7200 steps in what is somewhat warm already. It was fine in the shady areas and too warm in the sunny parts of the walk today. A slight breeze helped somewhat. Today is forecast to be a little cooler than yesterday.

Yesterday we mailed a combined care package to our sister on the west coast. My portion had the DVDs and Thumb drive of the first batch of Videos I captured and worked on for my Sister. DVDs for her and Apple format for her Kids. We used a Post Office Flat Rate Box. My Brother stuffed it with things that we get easily here and not at all out there. Pork Roll, Frozen and Shrink Wrapped and Yes it will be fine as it was insulated too. Some Coconut covered Marshmallows, Home Made Chocolate Balls covered with Powdered Sugar, shelf stable package of Stuffed Cabbage Leafs, since there was room and the price is the same for a Box of feathers or Lead weights :)

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Warm and sunny this morning. It was partly cloudy and warm yesterday. Didn't do much, my son stopped by for a couple of hours, that was nice.
    Jo, congrats to your daughter on her new car. :)
    I didn't even check on parades around here. Just sort of hung out and relaxed yesterday.
    Off to clay co-op this morning.
    Have a nice day, everyone. :)
    Good morning!
    Jo, good that you caught up with some sleep. Have fun picking up your daughter's new car. :)
    Sunny and hot today.
    Body flow class this morning. Meeting two of the girls from work for lunch today, one is due to have a baby at the end of the month. Had fun shopping last night for baby things. :)
    Have a wonderful day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    There is nothing wrong with having a relaxed day.
    Hopefully Clay class went well and today's Body Flow today.

As long as You had fun shopping.
    I have a suspicion You had more rain than I too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    The sun is shinning and there is a warm breeze.
    We didn't do much yesterday, just a quick trip to BBB to get a shoe rack for hubbies shoes.He has stacks of boxes in the bottom of the closet.
    I slept 9 hours last night. I usually only average 4-5 hours. I guess working overnight wore me out.
    I am now back to my regular schedule.
    We are going tomorrow after work to pick up my daughter's new car.

Hi Joanne
    I have found that BBB is a handy place to go for things especially when You use coupons. We tend to use a coupon for each item purchased since they allow it.

If You slept that long then You did need it :) I am sure it will be better with a regular work schedule.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well I got my steps in already I think the secret for me is go on little walks instead of hour walks my knee doesn't hurt so much . Vix what is a body flow I am imagine it is something like yoga and what are you making at your pottery class? So jo how does your daughter like her new car?Vix I hope you had a nice lunch with your friends it is always nice to go out with friends for lunch I know I always enjoy it. Roger it has gotten really warm already it says 76 but it feels a lot hotter of course it is only 9:12 have a great day
  • IreneMurman
    oh my ns comes today I am trying the frozen hope I like it
  • RogerToo
    good morning, well I got my steps in already I think the secret for me is go on little walks instead of hour walks my knee doesn't hurt so much . Vix what is a body flow I am imagine it is something like yoga and what are you making at your pottery class? So jo how does your daughter like her new car?Vix I hope you had a nice lunch with your friends it is always nice to go out with friends for lunch I know I always enjoy it. Roger it has gotten really warm already it says 76 but it feels a lot hotter of course it is only 9:12 have a great day
    oh my ns comes today I am trying the frozen hope I like it

Hi Irene
    If You are like everybody else that tried the frozen You should like it. The frozen breakfasts are good, The Hamburger, Grilled Chicken Sandwich and the Melts are good. With the Dinners for me it depends on the heat in them as I do not eat really hot foods. The Frozen Deserts are good too. FWIW with the Hamburger I use a Limited Extra of Velveeta Cheese, A 1/2 slice is 20 calories and a dab of Ketchup. I sometimes use a slice of the ShopRite Precooked bacon on the hamburger or the Chicken Sandwich. With the Chicken I can use Light Mayo, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onion and have a filling tasty sandwich too, You can also do that with the Hamburger :)

I was just out back of the house and it has gotten warmer in the Sun already :)
    As soon as I got home from the morning walk I turned on the Wall AC in the living room.

I have not bothered to put the Windows mount AC in this bedroom yet, It stays cool enough from the Cooler Living room air as long as I leave the door open and I do have a Box Fan running too.

I did shorter multiple walks when I started walking as that was all I could do. Now with summer here already I want to get out and be done before the heat of day sets in.

Have a Good Day and enjoy the frozen.
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hi!
    Body flow is part tai chi, part yoga, and part pilates. I don't like the pilates part. :p
    I made a bird house at clay co-op yesterday...still have to fire it, paint it, and fire it again.
    I've been making small cups and bowls at the pottery wheel class.
    Irene, good that you are getting your walking in, if smaller walks work better, that's great. :)
    Roger, sounds like you've been busy! We have our AC on...it's 86 and sunny today.
    It was really fun going out for lunch. My friend Toni looks very cute. She's really excited as this is her first baby. :)
    Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone. :)

• Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Irene-I think you will like the frozen NS. That's great that you can walk shorter distances and your knee doesn't hurt as much.
    Vix-It is fun shopping for baby things. I think pilates is hard.
    Roger-It was a perfect day here, not too hot and not too cold, just right. HAHA I sound like Goldilocks. :p
    We picked up my daughter's new car. She is very happy.
    I have tomorrow off and if the weather permits, I will be working on the weeds in my flower beds. I think it will be an all day project, but will look so much nicer when I am done.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    still waiting on my ns order it got pushed back to today it is actually being delivered by post office hope it is still frozen.