Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, took more aleve this morning back is still hurting along with my knee not sure which hurts more.Today I need to go to the mall George,s cell phone just stopped working so it is still under contract so I will be picking up his replacement I did go for a walk this morning got in 8000 steps but hopefully I will get the rest later. My back really hurts when I sit so I will say buy for now
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I was out walking starting at 6:55 until 8:05 and 7000 steps.
    The weather report showed it as 11 degrees cooler than yesterday when I left. It is supposed to be in the mid 70s later on today for a High, Tomorrow will be slightly cooler. There is a chance of rain later today It was not too bad walking either. I stopped at the Grocery Store for a head of Lettuce and bought a La Yogurt light 90 calories to try as it was 59 cents minus the Wednesday Senior 10% discount of 5.9 cents :)

Breakfast shortly, Cereal 110 calories with 4 oz of 1% milk 50 calories and sweetener and a NS Chocolate Protein Shake to finish the breakfast. The Banana was eaten before I went out the door as usual. For the curious I rotate 5 different cereals so that I have a different one each day. I did select them to be whole grain and reasonable statistics as well as portion size for the 100 to 110 calories. A example would be Multi Grain Cheerios rather than regular Cheerios. Maybe Next week or two I will stack the Senior Discount with a coupon that gives $1 off of two boxes and stock up. 50 cents Plus 10% off seems like a reasonable price to me :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today! :)
    I had a little glass of wine last night, probably shouldn't have done that....I think it might be the sulfites that cause some hand swelling. I'll have to check the ingredients on some organic wine in future. :)
    Body flow class today. Appt with the periodontist this afternoon, and meeting a friend for dinner. Busy day.
    Have a happy day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I think You can also get sulfite free wines.
    Enjoy the Body flow and good luck at the periodontist.

Busy keeps the boredom away
    Roger
    good morning, took more aleve this morning back is still hurting along with my knee not sure which hurts more.Today I need to go to the mall George,s cell phone just stopped working so it is still under contract so I will be picking up his replacement I did go for a walk this morning got in 8000 steps but hopefully I will get the rest later. My back really hurts when I sit so I will say buy for now

Hi Irene
    I bet You get the rest of Your steps at the Mall. I hate going to them as I am not a fan of shopping in any form. So when I do have to go shopping I try and stay with small strip malls rather than the large ones.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    got my steps in ,I also picked some stuff up for me. I have all these gift cards but everything is on sale so I still have some of the gift cards. Roger I went to Quaker Bridge mall it is huge it has 2 floors forgot how big it is.Only went into 2 of the stores Macy's and bath and body works but it was fun glad I don't go to often I did get a chance to stop in Hobby Lobby store that was nice. I got home right before our big storm the weather dropped down to 55 it actually feels cold outside
  • IreneMurman
    Vix what did the peridontist say
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I hope you made out ok at the periodontist. Enjoy dinner with your friend.
    Irene-Did you notice that we got the same amount of weekly steps on fitbit? :)
    Roger-I have a mirror that hangs over the door in the guest room. I just put the mirror back on the door that I took it off of, so the holes were already there.
    It has cooled off quite a bit and the wind has picked up. Hubby said he hit rain and hail on the way home from work.
    I am getting ready to eat my black bean polenta enchilada.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • RogerToo
    got my steps in ,I also picked some stuff up for me. I have all these gift cards but everything is on sale so I still have some of the gift cards. Roger I went to Quaker Bridge mall it is huge it has 2 floors forgot how big it is.Only went into 2 of the stores Macy's and bath and body works but it was fun glad I don't go to often I did get a chance to stop in Hobby Lobby store that was nice. I got home right before our big storm the weather dropped down to 55 it actually feels cold outside

Hi Irene
    I have seen that Mall in the past...
    Our Bridgewater Commons is to large to make me happy going there. I had to go there last year since that was where the closest Apple Store is and I was running my brothers two dead iPods out to see if they had as chance of being revived. It turned out that both were dead beyond resurection. I had a suspicion that the oldest one was that way as it was one of the earlier ones that actually had a Micro Hard Drive for storage and listening closely You could hear that the drive had failed. They did give a trade in value towards a new one which is how I ended up with the one I am using while walking to listen to Old Time Radio Shows. It ended up as my Christmas gift from him along with some real earphones so I could avoid using those censored earbud things.

The Rain came through at some point in the Morning, Between 9:30 and Noon, I was in the basement doing something when I heard Rain Drops hitting the small window AC down there and Thunder. It was not easy finding one small enough to fit that windows height either.

I Hope You Managed to Staye Dry
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I hope you made out ok at the periodontist. Enjoy dinner with your friend.
    Irene-Did you notice that we got the same amount of weekly steps on fitbit? :)
    Roger-I have a mirror that hangs over the door in the guest room. I just put the mirror back on the door that I took it off of, so the holes were already there.
    It has cooled off quite a bit and the wind has picked up. Hubby said he hit rain and hail on the way home from work.
    I am getting ready to eat my black bean polenta enchilada.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I guessed that You were reusing the old mounting holes. I only mentioned the hanging mirror as a just in case You ever needed to have another mirror.

At least there was no hail in my neighborhood, Plenty of rain however. So no need to water for a couple more days.

I saw a neighbor that was watering this morning when I went out walking and I saw his sprinklers running again tonight. His was not the only lawn being watered as I passed several.

I'll be curious how You like that meal, It was not my favorite, however I will be ordering one or two per order. Not as many as some of the Frozen Lunches or Dinners or Breakfasts however.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    It rained some here this morning too....knocked my hanging plant down, but it's ok, put it on the porch until the wind dies down.
    I need to have some work done where I have an implant, the bone is eroding. The dentist was very nice. He's going to do some research on the infusions I was taking, but we'll probably wait 6-8 months after the last infustion to be on the safe side. Probably needs to clean it out, try to replace some bone, and trim the gums so it's easier to keep clean. He is into natural medicine too, so we talked about anti-inflamatory diets, and he told me where I could get some good herbs and spices. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning....looks like another beautiful day ahead....Enjoy! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked a little longer than usual 8K Steps + one Nickel. I picked up one Banana as the ones I have from Yesterday are still nice and green and will not be ready to eat Friday Morning and a Loaf of Pecan Raisin Bread 90 calories to try as a Smart Carb at the Produce store, then I walked over to the bank and killed a few minutes until they opened so I could cash a check to refill my cash on hand for any needs.

Just for fun, Can You name the alternate version of this tune? Answer canhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy6Nk
    be found by clicking the spoiler button.
    "God Save the Queen" (alternatively "God Save the King")
    In the United States, the melody is used for the patriotic song "My Country, 'Tis of Thee."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKZg_ZB4SkU
    Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    It rained some here this morning too....knocked my hanging plant down, but it's ok, put it on the porch until the wind dies down.
    I need to have some work done where I have an implant, the bone is eroding. The dentist was very nice. He's going to do some research on the infusions I was taking, but we'll probably wait 6-8 months after the last infusion to be on the safe side. Probably needs to clean it out, try to replace some bone, and trim the gums so it's easier to keep clean. He is into natural medicine too, so we talked about anti-inflamatory diets, and he told me where I could get some good herbs and spices. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
    Good morning....looks like another beautiful day ahead....Enjoy! :)

Hi Vix
    I guess we were lucky the wind did not knock down the three hanging plants we just set out the day before :)
    We reused the hanging pots from last year with inexpensive plants from Lowes, 1 Pot of Geraniums, One of Petunias and last but not least Begonias.

My Brother plans to go out and plant the last Sweet Potato slip in a Large pot today out of the small pot it is in, the rest have been planted in the raised garden beds. The weather is cool today too, Cooler than Yesterday.

Interesting that Your Dentist is into natural cures :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,well back is still hurting made a drs apt so hopefully it is nothing just tired of the pain it is weird it is just on my left side. I didn't walk this morning but maybe this afternoon I will get out . Got a call from NS said my order will be here with in 3 days . I am really enjoying the frozen food . It sounds like you found a dentist at least he isn't in a hurry to get the work done. Our weather here is beautiful it is only like 60 here, the storm we had yesterday really cooled things down but I love this weather I actually have my windows opened plan on keeping them open as long as I can
  • IreneMurman
    Jo I did see that we had the same exact steps that is so weird but cool at the same time
  • RogerToo
    good morning,well back is still hurting made a drs apt so hopefully it is nothing just tired of the pain it is weird it is just on my left side. I didn't walk this morning but maybe this afternoon I will get out . Got a call from NS said my order will be here with in 3 days . I am really enjoying the frozen food . It sounds like you found a dentist at least he isn't in a hurry to get the work done. Our weather here is beautiful it is only like 60 here, the storm we had yesterday really cooled things down but I love this weather I actually have my windows opened plan on keeping them open as long as I can

Hi Irene
    Hopefully it is just a muscle spasm. I have had a sharp pain that came on when I twisted the wrong way in the back and it took days to go away completely.

To True, The frozen food is what they should start with, Their base plan should be 18 days of shelf stable and 10 days of frozen. I suspect that their churn would be lower that way. Or they should at least have kept that plan and pushed it as the suggested plan when people sign up for NS.

I have been on a plan for long enough that I enjoy some of the Shelf stable mixed in. I order 28 days of frozen and then add more Shelf Stable to it A La Carte :)

Yesterday The Wind Picked up and the rain came down heavy for a while with Thunder and then it was over. This morning was a little cool for walking I put on a thin long sleeve shirt and Light Gloves as I feel it in my hands first. The Living room was down to 68 degrees this morning as I turned off the heat a little while ago when the warm weather moved in for a stretch.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited June 2016
    Roger, we used to sing that in elementary school. The American version.
    Hope your back feels better, Irene.
    It's a beautiful day here too... a little cooler, I like that. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    Did You guess the song from the melody or did You need the Spoiler?

I think most of us sang it in school back in the day, I do not know if they even sing in school anymore.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    I recognized the music right away, even remembered the words. :) We sang it every day after the Pledge of Allegiance. We also read a prayer every morning. I don't think they do any of that any more.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,didn't walk today back still hurting and the DR thought it was muscle spasm he gave me pain and muscle relaxers still hurts going to take a hot bath and see if that helps. I did get my frozen order so I am good for another month I should be getting my shelf food today . My plans for today is Annie has a vet apt then to bbb and grocery store and then back home .
  • IreneMurman
    i know the schools around here doesn't they also don't pray . May be that is why we have so many problems.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I stopped at the Grocery store while walking + 7700 steps, While there I picked up 4 different types of apples, 4 Navel oranges and a Banana for tomorrow as the green ones are taking their sweet time turning yellow. With my luck they will go yellow today into tomorrow morning :)

The weather is slightly warmer than yesterday and was great walking weather, Spotty showers in the forecast for Saturday later in the day.

Today's Breakfast, The Banana I ate before I went walking, Cereal with 4 ounces of 1% milk and sweetener 160 calories and a NS Coffee Protein Shake.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I recognized the music right away, even remembered the words. :) We sang it every day after the Pledge of Allegiance. We also read a prayer every morning. I don't think they do any of that any more.

Hi Vix
    I am pretty 99.99% sure they do not say prayer in school anymore, probably they still do in religious schools however. I have seen news articles where students had problems from teachers for Bringing a Bible to class, Sadly.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    good morning,didn't walk today back still hurting and the DR thought it was muscle spasm he gave me pain and muscle relaxers still hurts going to take a hot bath and see if that helps. I did get my frozen order so I am good for another month I should be getting my shelf food today . My plans for today is Annie has a vet apt then to bbb and grocery store and then back home .
    i know the schools around here doesn't they also don't pray . May be that is why we have so many problems.

Hi Irene
    I know it took me several days for the back spasms to clear up when I got them. They were bad. I could not twist and it hurt to get out of bed or a chair.

I suspect that You may be, probably are right, no prayer anymore and I know I learned things from the old parables and fairy tales that are most likely out of favor these days too.

Nice that You got the frozen already

Enjoy the Day
    Hopefully the pain goes away shortly
    Roger