Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Hi all, I was really distracted this morning, thought I stopped in here, but apparently didn't even turn on my computer. The doctor's office called me yesterday, just before they closed and said they got my test results back from the lab and I do have an infection again, but a different one, and they called in a prescription for me. When I picked up the antibiotic prescription there were 10 pages of warnings and cautions and instructions! It had all the normal warnings about sudden death, deadly skin rashes, kidney or liver failure, etc, but also tingling, numbness, permanent nerve damage, tears in tendons or hearing a pop in your tendon, and on top of that said it was more dangerous if you were over 60 or had RA, amongst other ailments. It reacted with calcium, caffeine, magnesium and several other vitamins and minerals including multivitamins. YIKES!!!
    Despite being scared out of my wits, I took one last night, and almost immediately got dizzy.
    So I called the office this morning, and of course the Dr who prescribed it was out today, but luckily there was another one in the office, and they sent in a different prescription for me. It had one page of warning, etc....the usual sudden death, deadly skin rashes, kidney or liver failure, etc....but none of the other stuff. Anyway, I hope it knocks out this infection and that I don't get any more any time soon, or any of the usual horrible possible side effects!
    Roger, I really don't remember much about the machine....it was long ago. I bought my own about 40 years ago.
    Irene, glad you will be able to get your knee fixed. :)
    Hiya Jo....the weather keeps starting out rainy in the a.m., and we've been in the high 70s to mid 80s most days.
    Have a good rest of the day everyone.
  • eku0
    I probably won't be on this weekend, so have a great weekend, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, wow Vix hope this medicine works better for you. I think those papers are so scarry . I did get my date to get my knee fixed it is August 8th. You should see all the different test I have to get done before hand I even have to get an approval from my dentist but in the long run I am glad they do the extra stuff. I will actually have a nurse and pt right in my home I think it is like every other day . Had to go back to the drs for my back it statred hurting more and it is on the right side now there will be no walking for me untill my back is better the worst part is trying to get up after sitting .
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I ended up going back out yesterday with 13,475 steps and so far today I am up to 11,700 steps and I also found one dime on the way back from the Barber Shop. It was around 59 degrees when I started out a little after 7AM, Now it is getting warm with a forecast high in the mid to upper 80s.

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-your painting sounds nice. I hope the birds enjoy your birdhouses.
    Irene-I hope you get a date soon for your knee replacement.
    Roger-I am sure you will be able to find video's on how to use your machine.....good luck.
    Anyone have any plans for the weekend? I am working tomorrow morning and then hubby and I are going to take inventory of what we have and need for our 4th of July family cookout.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Hmmm.... 4th of July is racing towards us, I had not even begun to think about it yet.
    I guess I will have to figure what I want to grill out back, it may come down to what is on sale too.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all, I was really distracted this morning, thought I stopped in here, but apparently didn't even turn on my computer. The doctor's office called me yesterday, just before they closed and said they got my test results back from the lab and I do have an infection again, but a different one, and they called in a prescription for me. When I picked up the antibiotic prescription there were 10 pages of warnings and cautions and instructions! It had all the normal warnings about sudden death, deadly skin rashes, kidney or liver failure, etc, but also tingling, numbness, permanent nerve damage, tears in tendons or hearing a pop in your tendon, and on top of that said it was more dangerous if you were over 60 or had RA, amongst other ailments. It reacted with calcium, caffeine, magnesium and several other vitamins and minerals including multivitamins. YIKES!!!
    Despite being scared out of my wits, I took one last night, and almost immediately got dizzy.
    So I called the office this morning, and of course the Dr who prescribed it was out today, but luckily there was another one in the office, and they sent in a different prescription for me. It had one page of warning, etc....the usual sudden death, deadly skin rashes, kidney or liver failure, etc....but none of the other stuff. Anyway, I hope it knocks out this infection and that I don't get any more any time soon, or any of the usual horrible possible side effects!
    Roger, I really don't remember much about the machine....it was long ago. I bought my own about 40 years ago.
    Irene, glad you will be able to get your knee fixed. :)
    Hiya Jo....the weather keeps starting out rainy in the a.m., and we've been in the high 70s to mid 80s most days.
    Have a good rest of the day everyone.
    I probably won't be on this weekend, so have a great weekend, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I think I would want to ask the doctor why You were prescribed the first Antibiotic. I Would remind the doctor of Your RA etc. It sounds as if with the first one many foods would also be off limits.
    Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    good morning, wow Vix hope this medicine works better for you. I think those papers are so scarry . I did get my date to get my knee fixed it is August 8th. You should see all the different test I have to get done before hand I even have to get an approval from my dentist but in the long run I am glad they do the extra stuff. I will actually have a nurse and pt right in my home I think it is like every other day . Had to go back to the drs for my back it statred hurting more and it is on the right side now there will be no walking for me untill my back is better the worst part is trying to get up after sitting .

Hi Irene
    That back pain sounds exactly like what happens when I have a Muscle spasm in the back. It always seems to strike me in the right side :)

More testing, Wow. I wonder why the Dentist.

Good Luck with Your back
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good evening;
    Vix-Wow, you would think the Dr. would know the side effects of the antibiotics. I am glad you were able to get a different medication.
    Roger-I am currently at 19,000 steps for the day and I haven't been on the elliptical yet. I am trying for 20,000 today.
    Irene-I am glad that you got your surgery date. Sorry that you back is still hurting. Have you considered going to a chiropractor? It helped me a lot. At one point I practically had to crawl out of the car and on the ride home from work my back hurt so much I was in tears. After one visit to the chiropractor, I saw a big improvement. He also gave me exercises to do that helped....just a thought. :)
    I worked for a few hours this morning and then hubby and I went walking in Borderland State Park, ran some errands, did laundry and then had a 2 hour nap. :)
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    7K steps and one cent today :)
    The weather was nice and cool when I left the house. My first stop of the day was to connect the three drip hoses and turn on the water for most of the garden. My brother will water the rest of it that do not have any hoses to it later today. That would be some of the raised beds and potted plants. We currently feed three drip hoses off of the one spigot through the use of Y fittings, The second Y being fed off of the first Y giving three available connections.

Forecast temperatures up to 90 for today, sort of hard to believe as it was 66 when I left the house at 6:30AM, OTOH the sky only has a few scattered thin clouds to stop the solar heating.
    Yesterdays possible Thunderstorms never happened, Chance of them for today and tomorrow however.

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good evening;
    Vix-Wow, you would think the Dr. would know the side effects of the antibiotics. I am glad you were able to get a different medication.
    Roger-I am currently at 19,000 steps for the day and I haven't been on the elliptical yet. I am trying for 20,000 today.
    Irene-I am glad that you got your surgery date. Sorry that you back is still hurting. Have you considered going to a chiropractor? It helped me a lot. At one point I practically had to crawl out of the car and on the ride home from work my back hurt so much I was in tears. After one visit to the chiropractor, I saw a big improvement. He also gave me exercises to do that helped....just a thought. :)
    I worked for a few hours this morning and then hubby and I went walking in Borderland State Park, ran some errands, did laundry and then had a 2 hour nap. :)
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I ended up at 13K+ steps for Friday & Saturday, today I may not even hot 10K as I was in pain on the return 1/2 of today's walk. I do have a doctors appointment for Friday, This persistent pain is one of the things I will be bringing up, the Actual appointment is for a general Physical and was made back in December or January.

I know I never have, I wonder is anybody here has been on part of the Appalachian Trail?

I think the last time I saw a Chiropractor was back in the 80s. To me the idea of them manipulating Your spine is a bit scary. OTOH I know they can help............

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Happy Father's Day!
    I made a little over 20,000 steps yesterday. I am shooting for the same today.
    I am off to Home Depot for some edging and a few plants. Today is doing stuff around the house day.
    Have a good one. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,we had a nice walk this morning I got in 9000 steps so I am happy My back is feeling a little better. Yesterday was bad I didn't even walk because of the pain . Vix how are you doing with your infection ? hope you are feeling better. Roger I am doing exercising that my doctor told me to do and I think that is working. No I don't plan on going to a Chiropractor I think if it wasn't getting better I might but so far it is feeling better so much better than friday. Not sure what are plans are for today maybe just take it easy.Jo you are doing so well with your steps
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,we had a nice walk this morning I got in 9000 steps so I am happy My back is feeling a little better. Yesterday was bad I didn't even walk because of the pain . Vix how are you doing with your infection ? hope you are feeling better. Roger I am doing exercising that my doctor told me to do and I think that is working. No I don't plan on going to a Chiropractor I think if it wasn't getting better I might but so far it is feeling better so much better than friday. Not sure what are plans are for today maybe just take it easy.Jo you are doing so well with your steps
  • eku0
    Hi, back from LI, NY and my MIL's 101st birthday. It was great to spend time with family, but the drive is awful. So, happy to be home and able to sleep in my own bed tonight. :) Sounds like you all had a nice busy, and active weekend.
    Have a great night. :)
  • eku0
    edited June 2016
    Good morning!
    I've read that today is the first time in 70 years that there is a full moon on the Summer Solstice. Happy first day of summer. :)
    Pottery wheel class for me this morning. I don't have a lot planned for this week, but next week is full of appointments.
    Going to be a hot one today.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I Stopped by the Grocery Store on my walk this morning and Picked up some Apples, Bananas and a Tangerine. 5700 steps and one cent. The weather this morning is 1 degree warmer than yesterday and was comfortable while walking with a light intermittent breeze.

Breakfast will be simple today as I already had my Banana before going walking, a NS Cinnamon Roll and a NS Chocolate Protein Shake, Midday snack will be Home Made Egg Salad made with Lite Mayo and Sugar Free Sweet Relish, 0 Calories and a 60 Calorie Whole Wheat Wrap. Tomorrow I'll start back on the Cold Cereal with 50 calories of 1% UHT Milk and Sweetener.

Have a Great Week
    Roger

Seen while walking
    LeKTWq.jpg

QYyW6u.jpg

Weed or Wildflower?
  • RogerToo
    Happy Father's Day!
    I made a little over 20,000 steps yesterday. I am shooting for the same today.
    I am off to Home Depot for some edging and a few plants. Today is doing stuff around the house day.
    Have a good one. :)

Hi Joanne
    I ended up with a short walk in part due to the weight of my purchases making me take a short route home.

Cheers
    Roger

Hi Irene
    Nice amount of steps especially considering....

That is good news regarding Your back
    Roger
    Hi, back from LI, NY and my MIL's 101st birthday. It was great to spend time with family, but the drive is awful. So, happy to be home and able to sleep in my own bed tonight. :) Sounds like you all had a nice busy, and active weekend.
    Have a great night. :)
    Good morning!
    I've read that today is the first time in 70 years that there is a full moon on the Summer Solstice. Happy first day of summer. :)
    Pottery wheel class for me this morning. I don't have a lot planned for this week, but next week is full of appointments.
    Going to be a hot one today.
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Vix
    I heard that today is the Longest day of the year yesterday. Interesting that they did not mention at the same time that it coincides with a full moon too, Thank You for that information.

I'm thinking that the traffic must have been tough especially considering that You could have gotten caught in traffic from people heading home from the NJ shore.

Enjoy Your Wheel Class
    Roger

P.S. When I look at where I wrote Wheel Class, it reminds me that I saw that phrase used for Motorcycle training :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,got my steps in early it is getting hot outside.Oh well I will just stay inside since I got my steps in.We had a really nice weekend really didn't do much . My back is doing so much better hardly any pain. It was funny how it just started to hurt Wow your MIL id doing great ,good for her When we were walking this morning the moon was so pretty. well have a great day
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning; Happy First Day of Summer!!!
    Vix-Happy birthday to your MIL,God bless her. There is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed.
    Irene-I am glad that your back is feeling better. Congrats on getting your steps in.
    Roger-That first plant picture looks interesting. The second, I am thinking weed.
    I wasn't able to get the plants I wanted a home depot, so I am going to try a local nursery today.
    We did some yard work this morning and now hubby is fiddling around with his car. He has a 1970 MG midget that he has been restoring.
    Enjoy the day! :)
  • RogerToo
    good morning,got my steps in early it is getting hot outside.Oh well I will just stay inside since I got my steps in.We had a really nice weekend really didn't do much . My back is doing so much better hardly any pain. It was funny how it just started to hurt Wow your MIL id doing great ,good for her When we were walking this morning the moon was so pretty. well have a great day

Hi Irene
    My back went very sore to where It was all I could do to get up from a chair one year. All I did that day where it was fine when I walked into the Deli was twist a bit to get something from the salad bar and Wham I was in excruciating pain, It doesn't always take much.

I agree it is getting hot outside
    Have a Nice Cool Day inside
    Roger
    Good morning; Happy First Day of Summer!!!
    Vix-Happy birthday to your MIL,God bless her. There is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed.
    Irene-I am glad that your back is feeling better. Congrats on getting your steps in.
    Roger-That first plant picture looks interesting. The second, I am thinking weed.
    I wasn't able to get the plants I wanted a home depot, so I am going to try a local nursery today.
    We did some yard work this morning and now hubby is fiddling around with his car. He has a 1970 MG midget that he has been restoring.
    Enjoy the day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I think the first one is some kind of cactus as there are other flat rounded leaf cactus in that yard.

We were at the home depot since my Brother wanted some Hosta plants to go along the back fence. He found where they were marking them down to $1 a pot and bought three and a Lily plant.

I remember the MG Midget, as I remembered it MG are the initials for Morris Garages.

I was not sure, the second does have decent looking flowers on it however.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Roger, the little blue flowers look like chicory to me, can't really tell from the picture. I would classify them as wildflower/herb.
    It's really hot here today. I'm glad I have a fairly quiet week because I'm feeling really tired.
    My brother had an MG midget in the late 60s-early 70s. It always had a hard time getting started. I remember him pushing it down the hill and then jumping in to start it!
  • IreneMurman
    god morning,I am happy to report my back is pain free . I was really scared the pain was really bad couldn't move but it is all better now. This morning on our walk at 3 am the weather was 78 it is going to be a hot one. We did find 9 cents. Well today I need to drop off the paper for the dentist he needs to sign off It has to do with infections but since I just went to the dentist on June 2 nd and had no problems I will be fine.Vix you are probably tired from your road trip I get like that when we travel .Have a great day everyone
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did get out walking, I cut it somewhat short due to circumstances.
    It appears that there was a light rain overnight, not enough to make the ground wet under the trees. There was no rain while I was out walking and I did have a Umbrella with me just in case. It was 10 degrees warmer than yesterday at 77 Degrees at 6AM.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
    Roger, the little blue flowers look like chicory to me, can't really tell from the picture. I would classify them as wildflower/herb.
    It's really hot here today. I'm glad I have a fairly quiet week because I'm feeling really tired.
    My brother had an MG midget in the late 60s-early 70s. It always had a hard time getting started. I remember him pushing it down the hill and then jumping in to start it!

Hi Vix
    Thanks for the feedback on the plant. Does this closer look help?
    akG28h.jpg

British cars from that era had problems with electrical and Carburetors.
    I find it hard to believe that it was a lot hotter this morning and at the same time the high temperature for the day should be lower.

Have a East Day
    Roger
    god morning,I am happy to report my back is pain free . I was really scared the pain was really bad couldn't move but it is all better now. This morning on our walk at 3 am the weather was 78 it is going to be a hot one. We did find 9 cents. Well today I need to drop off the paper for the dentist he needs to sign off It has to do with infections but since I just went to the dentist on June 2 nd and had no problems I will be fine.Vix you are probably tired from your road trip I get like that when we travel .Have a great day everyone

Hi Irene
    Congratulations on being pain free, Pain has a real bad effect on the quality of life.

9 cents, way to go, despite taking a route I had not been on for a little while I found Nada, Zip, Zero, Nothing :)

The saving grace while walking today was the clouds kept the sun off of me and there was enough of a breeze that it was not too uncomfortable.

I was wondering why the Dentist, That makes sense.

Good Luck
    Roger