Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning!
    Still looks like chickory to me, Roger. Up into the low 80s today. And possible t-storms this afternoon.
    Irene...Yay! for your back feeling better. :)
    Hiya, Jo!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    roger at 6 am it poured here so glad we went earlier.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good evening,
    Irene-I am glad your back is pain free. Congrats on finding 9 cents.
    Roger-I had thunder and lightening on my way to work and just as I pulled into the parking lot it started to pour.
    It only lasted about 20 minutes. Later is the morning the sun came out. It is warm, but there is a breeze.
    Hi Vix-I have been tired the last couple of days. I had a nap yesterday and today. I agree with Irene and yours could be caused because of your trip. I have no excuse. :p
    Yesterday I planted a few hydrangeas and some sedum in the front yard. Now all I need to have done is mulch put down and the flower beds edged. My landscaper will do that.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well I got a lot done yesterday for my surgery I dropped off the paper for the dentist, got my blood work done, scheduled a pre op apt ,make a apt for ekg and drs apt also made apt for to see surgeon a week before operation oh and I got a walker so I think I am getting there. I think now I am starting to get a little nervous about the operation I am sure this is normal George keeps telling me I will be fine. George plans on taking the first week off of work . I did get my walk in I have over 8000 steps in Jo I see you really beat me with the steps last week great job.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I found a Quarter laying in the road in the first block of my walk, and one corroded Penny on the inbound leg as I neared the Grocery Store total found 26 cents and 7K steps. I picked up four Cameo Apples for $.99 a pound and other Miscellaneous fruits and a head of Lettuce.

Today the weather was great to walk in, it was 13 degrees cooler then yesterday for 6AM due to a cold front that moved through the area.

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roge
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    Still looks like chickory to me, Roger. Up into the low 80s today. And possible t-storms this afternoon.
    Irene...Yay! for your back feeling better. :)
    Hiya, Jo!

Hi Vix
    Someone else mentioned that too it looked like Chicory also, I wonder if it is worth grabbing some of the roots to dry and grind into the Coffee to see how I like it that way as a test.

At this time of year I expect that there will be scattered ThunderStorms in the forecast every day due to the heat from the Sun. As I understand it the heat causes the usually humid air to rise into colder air and then condense and rain down. Today they say the Humidity is lower however so maybe not here today. It is somewhat strange that You should be in the lower 80s and my forecast is for the higher 80s and down Atlanta way mid 90s.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    roger at 6 am it poured here so glad we went earlier.
    good morning, well I got a lot done yesterday for my surgery I dropped off the paper for the dentist, got my blood work done, scheduled a pre op apt ,make a apt for ekg and drs apt also made apt for to see surgeon a week before operation oh and I got a walker so I think I am getting there. I think now I am starting to get a little nervous about the operation I am sure this is normal George keeps telling me I will be fine. George plans on taking the first week off of work . I did get my walk in I have over 8000 steps in Jo I see you really beat me with the steps last week great job.
    Hi Irene
    It seems that things are moving along for the Knee repair.

Your experience is a little different than mine, It rained early and then just looked like rain for the rest of the day. I did see where South Jersey took a beating from Wind and rain however. The news this morning showed a building down there that lost the roof from wind damage.

What a nice day to walk, I wish I was pain free towards the end, that is making me shorten it. I do have a doctors appointment Friday for a Physical where I will bring it up and see what develops. Sadly if I do not walk I am fine. I ma have to start doing two shorter walks a day and see how that works.

Wish me luck there, Good Luck with Your Knee.
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening,
    Irene-I am glad your back is pain free. Congrats on finding 9 cents.
    Roger-I had thunder and lightening on my way to work and just as I pulled into the parking lot it started to pour.
    It only lasted about 20 minutes. Later is the morning the sun came out. It is warm, but there is a breeze.
    Hi Vix-I have been tired the last couple of days. I had a nap yesterday and today. I agree with Irene and yours could be caused because of your trip. I have no excuse. :p
    Yesterday I planted a few hydrangeas and some sedum in the front yard. Now all I need to have done is mulch put down and the flower beds edged. My landscaper will do that.
    Have a great evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I hope You were able to stay dry when You got to work. That sounds like one time it would pay to be nice and early for work.

I find that Diet can cause my energy levels to be low too.

Congratulations on getting the yard work Done.
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    hey on our second walk Annie and I found 10 cents
  • RogerToo
    Way to go.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene, looks like you've got everything in order. :)
    Jo, WTG with the gardening.
    Roger, hope you're feeling better.
    I'm a little under the weather, but went to body flow class this morning, and managed to do most of it. Also went in the sauna for a few minutes.
    We had t-storms on and off here yesterday....lots of water. Also a small tornado not too far away, so there were places as I was driving home from clay co-op where there were trees and limbs down in the roads. There was some room to get by (happily my car is narrow) and they were already out on the roads starting to clean up.
    Today seems like a beautiful day, supposed to get up to about 80.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    We just had a quick rain shower. The sky got really dark and then it poured for about 15 minutes, now the sun is trying to come out.
    Irene-you are so organized. :)
    Vix-I hope you feel better soon.
    Roger-good luck at the Dr.
    Today I am doing laundry and making muffins for hubby.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I have backed down the amount of steps today 6600 steps, as I was feeling some pain, Later I will be going to the Acme for some sale items and will be adding to the step count that way.
    It was warmer today when I left for my walk and even warmer on the return leg as I got out the door late. I am waiting to see if the forecast of possible severe weather comes true.

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, looks like you've got everything in order. :)
    Jo, WTG with the gardening.
    Roger, hope you're feeling better.
    I'm a little under the weather, but went to body flow class this morning, and managed to do most of it. Also went in the sauna for a few minutes.
    We had t-storms on and off here yesterday....lots of water. Also a small tornado not too far away, so there were places as I was driving home from clay co-op where there were trees and limbs down in the roads. There was some room to get by (happily my car is narrow) and they were already out on the roads starting to clean up.
    Today seems like a beautiful day, supposed to get up to about 80.

Hi Vix
    As You can see by my opening words I am still having issues :(

Doctor visit tomorrow, I plan to not walk early and instead walk to the doctors and probably to the Produce store so a backpack is in my plan for the day.

I out the Bananas from yesterday in the refrigerator as I do not like them super ripe. I used the last of the old batch this morning, I pulled it out last night before bed to warm up and it was just right this morning.m

I saw reports of bad weather down Your way in the news broadcasts last night, I was going to ask if that had any effect by You, You answered my question before I even asked it :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    We just had a quick rain shower. The sky got really dark and then it poured for about 15 minutes, now the sun is trying to come out.
    Irene-you are so organized. :)
    Vix-I hope you feel better soon.
    Roger-good luck at the Dr.
    Today I am doing laundry and making muffins for hubby.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    That is what I think of as a typical Summer Rain shower event. I used to drive for a living and You could be driving along the road in the sunshine and right into a wall of rain within a few feet and a little further on back on dry roads. Once that sort of rain happens I used to also see the steam rising off the ground as the sun cam back raising the humidity after a short period of cooler air during the rain.

Enjoy the Baking

Thank You for the good wishes
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-If you don't mind my asking, is it your knees or back causing you pain? Does putting the bananas in the refrigerator cause the skin to turn black and does it effect the inside?
    Hi Irene and Vix.
    I just got home from work and I am trying to decide what to do, paper work, weeding,vacuuming.... I really don't want to do anything.
    I wouldn't mind if we had a rain shower every afternoon, then I wouldn't have to go out and water my plants. ;)
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    Went to painting class this morning. Put some finishing touches on my painting of a bridge in moonlight. I have been so tired lately. Came home and did nothing. This is the last full day of antibiotics and one tomorrow a.m. I'm hoping I get back to normal after that!
    It's pretty overcast here and a little cooler than it's been.
    Jo, you are so industrious! :)
    Roger, good luck with the doctor tomorrow.
    Irene, hope you're doing ok....it's very normal to be nervous. George sounds like a good man. :)
    Have a good evening, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,I had a lot to do yesterday but I got everything done . George is taking today off so I got everything yesterday done this is the weekend we will be celebrating our wedding anniversary and his birthday. WE got married on his birthday so tomorrow I might not be on can't believe tomorrow it will be 39 years.Jo you and Vix do so much I get tired when you are telling me all the stuff you do. Roger I never put my bananas in the fridge because they turn brown on me.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Since you may not be here tomorrow....
    irene.jpg
    And...
    b586543f0f39ef83f492a1da4a11a001.jpg
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon,
    Happy Anniversary, Irene and George! Happy Birthday, George.
    Roger-Good luck at the Dr. today.
    Vix-Do you have to go back to the Dr. after you finish the antibiotics? I hope you feel better soon.
    I worked 3-11 am. I think I may take a little nap before I go grocery shopping and other errands.
    Have a great day! :)
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2016
    Hi
    I went walking early for a partial walk, came home for an hour+ then walked to the doctors office for my Physical 9700 steps + one thin dime I found on my block at the start of the walk.
    It was a little warmer today when I left for my walk and even warmer on the return leg ans still warmer for the second walk.

I did not get to the Acme yesterday, when I looked at the flyer I realized I had it wrong, the sale starts Today :) Yesterdays Rain even was a light drizzle that did not wet the street under the trees in the morning and a slight bit more in the afternoon. So I ended up watering today.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger

More to follow
  • RogerToo
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-If you don't mind my asking, is it your knees or back causing you pain? Does putting the bananas in the refrigerator cause the skin to turn black and does it effect the inside?
    Hi Irene and Vix.
    I just got home from work and I am trying to decide what to do, paper work, weeding,vacuuming.... I really don't want to do anything.
    I wouldn't mind if we had a rain shower every afternoon, then I wouldn't have to go out and water my plants. ;)
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Joanne
    The Bananas do seem to turn black in the refrigerator however the ripening process slows down significantly and since I like a bit of firmness in them I have been putting them in there. This time of year they are ripening really quickly when I can even find them where they are somewhat green, lately they are either dead green or already ripe and the really green ones seem to ripen while still looking green. I pull one out the night before on my way to bed as I do not care for cold bananas either.

The pain is in neither region, I was thinking maybe a hernia, the doctor thinks maybe a inflamed something or other and not a hernia, and wants to see X-Rays and not a hernia would be good news I believe.

I hear you, a daily rain would be so helpful. OTOH the frequency of required watering has been reduced with the use of Soaker hoses covered with Straw as a mulch.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good afternoon,
    Happy Anniversary, Irene and George! Happy Birthday, George.
    Roger-Good luck at the Dr. today.
    Vix-Do you have to go back to the Dr. after you finish the antibiotics? I hope you feel better soon.
    I worked 3-11 am. I think I may take a little nap before I go grocery shopping and other errands.
    Have a great day! :)

Hi Again
    Good Luck shopping, am I remembering wrong? I though You worked at a grocery store?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Hi all.
    Went to painting class this morning. Put some finishing touches on my painting of a bridge in moonlight. I have been so tired lately. Came home and did nothing. This is the last full day of antibiotics and one tomorrow a.m. I'm hoping I get back to normal after that!
    It's pretty overcast here and a little cooler than it's been.
    Jo, you are so industrious! :)
    Roger, good luck with the doctor tomorrow.
    Irene, hope you're doing ok....it's very normal to be nervous. George sounds like a good man. :)
    Have a good evening, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I think I had good luck, despite deciding in February to hold my weight as it was I was down 10 pounds on their scale from my January visit. The Pain is most likely not a hernia as I was afraid it might be, BP was good and it will be a little while before I know what the Blood Tests from Todays blood extraction shows. The in office EKG looked OK and all seem to be ticking along nicely :)

FWIW I find that taking my Vitamins in the evening seems to give me more energy the next day, I think it could be that they have time to get into the blood?
    Have a Good Day
    Roger
    good morning,I had a lot to do yesterday but I got everything done . George is taking today off so I got everything yesterday done this is the weekend we will be celebrating our wedding anniversary and his birthday. WE got married on his birthday so tomorrow I might not be on can't believe tomorrow it will be 39 years.Jo you and Vix do so much I get tired when you are telling me all the stuff you do. Roger I never put my bananas in the fridge because they turn brown on me.

Hi Irene
    FWIW they skin does turn brown and Black, OTOH the inside stays good and it really slows down the ripening process so I do it despite how they look. The only time I do not worry if they get to ripe and soft is if my brother plans to make one of the varieties Banana Bread he makes.

Happy Anniversary and Have a Good Birthday for Your Husband too
    Roger
  • eku0
    OOPS...sorry Irene...happy Birthday to George! :)
    Roger, glad things went well at the doctor, hope your tests are all good.
    Jo, I don't have another visit with the doctor....I think they just assume the infection will be gone. I will be seeing my rheumatologist this coming week, and plan on talking with him about all these infections...I think he should do a blood test to see what's happening with me.
    Nice that you can take naps, especially with your variable schedule.
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Happy Saturday. :)