Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning got my walk in ,then went for my drs apt just a follow up I see the surgeon on thursday. The weather here is cool it is only 65 which is nice stopped off at kmart and got some cheap shorts to wear around the house .Vix that was good news from gp. Jo after our walk this morning I crawled back in bed for an hour it was a nice nap.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    good morning got my walk in ,then went for my drs apt just a follow up I see the surgeon on thursday. The weather here is cool it is only 65 which is nice stopped off at kmart and got some cheap shorts to wear around the house .Vix that was good news from gp. Jo after our walk this morning I crawled back in bed for an hour it was a nice nap.

Hi Irene
    I enjoyed the walking weather this morning too. I Have been known to shop for clothes at Walmart now that what they sell fits me, A lot cheaper than the Big & Tall shop :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    hey Jo I see you beat me in steps this week congrats
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Thanks,Irene. I have been trying to beat my daughter-in-law. She usually has over 100,000 steps for the week.
    Vix-I am glad you got good news from your GP.
    Roger-You are ahead of me in found money this week. So far I haven't found anything. I go to Walmart for my work pants. We have to wear black pants.
    I am finally getting around to waxing the spare room floor and then I can start to put the room back together.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    The weather is pretty nice here too.
    Went to my clay co-op today, worked on 2 birdhouses and a jar to put a cork in....we'll see if that works..haha.
    I occasionally pick up clothes at Walmart too...some things are pretty decent at good prices...jeans, t-shirts, etc.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, I am loving this weather,yesterday it only made it to 80 it was really nice. Tomorrow I see the dr about a knee replacement when I went to the dr yesterday he told me he would of giving me a shot but he wants the surgeon to see how bad it is so it still hurts oh well I rather the surgeon see how swollen it is I think I am getting use to the pain it doesn't seem to bother me too much anymore. Now the dr that I am seeing actually does the knee replacement and sends you home the same day I really like that idea less chance of infection.I was pretty surprised at how nice the shorts are I got like 6 pairs I needed some that I can just pull on it will be better for me since I will be all bandage up.
  • eku0
    edited June 2016
    Good morning!
    Good luck with the doctor tomorrow Irene. How long does the recovery take? Will you be getting PT? It's great that it's going to get fixed at last.
    Raining this morning. All is well.
    Jo, congrats on all that walking!
    Hi Roger.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2016
    Hi
    8500 steps so far today. Today is nearly the same weather as yesterday with a bit more warmth, walking was OK. Coffee, Post Office and Grocery Store on my walk using the backpack for the 6 Apples and 6 Navel oranges at 6 for 1.99 and one Banana as they were somewhat ripe less the 10% senior discount. Then home for NS waffles and out to Costco to spend another $120 :)

I got around to putting the Owners manual and the attachments manual for the Singer Treadle Sewing Machine Model 27 in Sleeve Protectors and Loose Leaf folders as the pages are sort of Brittle and got the new leather belt set to the proper length. Now to learn how to sew :)

Picture from Wikipedia at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singer_Model_27_and_127
    330px-Early_20th-century_Singer_sewing_machine_in_Malta.png

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Thanks,Irene. I have been trying to beat my daughter-in-law. She usually has over 100,000 steps for the week.
    Vix-I am glad you got good news from your GP.
    Roger-You are ahead of me in found money this week. So far I haven't found anything. I go to Walmart for my work pants. We have to wear black pants.
    I am finally getting around to waxing the spare room floor and then I can start to put the room back together.

Hi Joanne
    Some days I find money, usually not that much this year. It makes me wonder why....
    I figure I am doing good to get over 70,000 steps a week :)

Our wood floors really need refinishing instead of waxing :(

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    The weather is pretty nice here too.
    Went to my clay co-op today, worked on 2 birdhouses and a jar to put a cork in....we'll see if that works..haha.
    I occasionally pick up clothes at Walmart too...some things are pretty decent at good prices...jeans, t-shirts, etc.
    Good morning!
    Good luck with the doctor tomorrow Irene. How long does the recovery take? Will you be getting PT? It's great that it's going to get fixed at last.
    Raining this morning. All is well.
    Jo, congrats on all that walking!
    Hi Roger.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Vix
    The things I mainly buy at Walmart so far are Underclothes including Pocket T-Shirts which are what I usually wear, Socks and Belts. Pants often come from Cabellas as I like their 7 Pocket Walking Pants and Walking Shorts. Lots of Pockets and decent size pockets especially compared to Jeans.

Raining there? Hmm... It is sunny and rapidly warming up from 62 this morning into a forecast 84 as a high.

Good Luck with the Jar
    Roger
    good morning, I am loving this weather,yesterday it only made it to 80 it was really nice. Tomorrow I see the dr about a knee replacement when I went to the dr yesterday he told me he would of giving me a shot but he wants the surgeon to see how bad it is so it still hurts oh well I rather the surgeon see how swollen it is I think I am getting use to the pain it doesn't seem to bother me too much anymore. Now the dr that I am seeing actually does the knee replacement and sends you home the same day I really like that idea less chance of infection. I was pretty surprised at how nice the shorts are I got like 6 pairs I needed some that I can just pull on it will be better for me since I will be all bandage up.

Hi Irene
    Around the house I wear the shorts with the elastic waistband.

The Doctors reason does make sense. FWIW Nobody should have to get used to pain.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Cool old sewing machine, Roger! :)
  • RogerToo
    Cool old sewing machine, Roger! :)

Hi Vix
    And Built back before planned Obsolescence too. It still works :)
    From the web page I linked
    They were Singer's first sewing machines to make use of "vibrating shuttle" technology. Millions were produced. They are all steel and were built before the advent of planned obsolescence, and so they were designed to be repaired rather than replaced. Consequently many remain today, some in collections and others still in service

Have a Good Day
    Roger

The Reminds me I need to read the attachment manual as I suspect the Folding attachment is what I use when I use it to shorten pants legs.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Roger, Interesting that you got the sewing machine with all the instructions...that's really good. :)
    Rainy here this morning. Off to painting class for me, and chiro this afternoon. I seem to be filling my days.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2016
    Hi
    I had a oops moment today and forgot to take my FitBit so no step count :(
    Despite the weather forecast last night showing rain overnight into today I have not seen any rain when I was walking and the Cars only had a few scattered drops on them from the overnight hours. The Temperature was around 70 when I left and Probably not much higher now due to the cloudy skies.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

Expected Forum Downtime 6/21/16
    Nova Posts: 2,364 MFP Staff
    Hi folks,

Starting at 10AM Pacific Time on June 21st, Vanilla's hosting environment will be in a maintenance window and there will be some downtime, which will impact this forum. The expected actual downtime will likely last for approximately an hour or less.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff

Good morning.
    Roger, Interesting that you got the sewing machine with all the instructions...that's really good. :)
    Rainy here this morning. Off to painting class for me, and chiro this afternoon. I seem to be filling my days.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    When Mom bought it used it seems to have come with the manuals and She held onto things like that :) Believe it or not this is the link to a pdf from Singer for the manual too.
    http://www.singerco.com/uploads/download/268_27_28.pdf
    also on this webpage are images
    http://www.digitalchangeling.com/sewing/machines/manuals/Singer27-VS2/

Once again Your weather is different from mine, so far no rain here, just a Lazy day planned.

Have a good time at painting class and Good Luck at the Chiro
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    hi, went for our walk today I did get my steps in. In a little while I will be heading out to the Drs I am looking forward to hear what he thinks. Roger my mom use to have the same singer sewing machine I believe my older sister has it not sure if she ever used it or not. Well gotta go have a nice night.
  • Joanne3366
    Hi everyone,
    I see my post from yesterday is missing. I probably forgot to hit post reply.
    Irene-good luck at the dr.
    Roger-I hate when I forget my Fitbit. It is like another appendage.
    Vix-What are you painting? And from yesterday, do you hang the birdhouses that you make outside?
    I just came in from planting Beacon Silver Lamium. It is a ground cover that forms a carpet of small silver leaves with green margins topped with pink flower spikes. I planted these to replace some Juniper bushes.
    It is sunny and warm today, my thermometer is reading 91 degrees.
    Enjoy the rest of your day! :)
  • eku0
    Jo, the Beacon Silver Lamium sound pretty. I didn't hang the first birdhouse I made, but am hanging the rest of them outside. Right now, I'm working on a painting of a bridge in the moonlight. I've learned not to rush my projects. :)
    Irene, hope you get good info from the doctor.
    Roger, my mother had a similar machine, but it didn't come with the table...those are nice. I learned to sew on that old machine. :)
    Have a good evening, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    well went to the drs yesterday and I need a new knee waiting on the dr to call with a date to do it ,it looks like it will be in August. Well I need to go but will read everyone's blog later
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I remembered to take my FitBit today. Short story behind that oops yesterday, I change into 7 pocket walking shorts to walk this time of year and change back out once I get home, Yesterday I just forgot to transfer the Fitbit.
    The Temperature was in the 60s when I left and started feeling warmer on the homeward bound leg..

Have a Great Friday
    Roger

Just in case You missed it :)

Expected Forum Downtime 6/21/16
    Nova Posts: 2,364 MFP Staff
    Hi folks,

Starting at 10AM Pacific Time on June 21st, Vanilla's hosting environment will be in a maintenance window and there will be some downtime, which will impact this forum. The expected actual downtime will likely last for approximately an hour or less.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff
    [/quote]
  • RogerToo
    hi, went for our walk today I did get my steps in. In a little while I will be heading out to the Drs I am looking forward to hear what he thinks. Roger my mom use to have the same singer sewing machine I believe my older sister has it not sure if she ever used it or not. Well gotta go have a nice night.
    well went to the drs yesterday and I need a new knee waiting on the dr to call with a date to do it ,it looks like it will be in August. Well I need to go but will read everyone's blog later

Hi Irene
    As I understand it those machines will run forever if You keep them oiled. The Nice thing is I have tons of attachments if I can figure out how to use them The Singer came with a box of attachments from Singer and somewhere along the way someone added a large selection of a different brand that works with it. First Project is working on some pants where the legs are to long. I prefer no cuffs as cuffs tend to bring in debris and in the winter snow. I have not looked yet however I suspect that the Internet will have videos on how to do it available.

Well now You know that You need a new knee and it can be fixed.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I see my post from yesterday is missing. I probably forgot to hit post reply.
    Irene-good luck at the dr.
    Roger-I hate when I forget my Fitbit. It is like another appendage.
    Vix-What are you painting? And from yesterday, do you hang the birdhouses that you make outside?
    I just came in from planting Beacon Silver Lamium. It is a ground cover that forms a carpet of small silver leaves with green margins topped with pink flower spikes. I planted these to replace some Juniper bushes.
    It is sunny and warm today, my thermometer is reading 91 degrees.
    Enjoy the rest of your day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I use it to track steps mainly, however I also use it as my pocket clock. I call it that as I carry it in my pocket where it seems to work fine.

I have a feeling I am the the outlier here where our temperatures Thursday stayed in the 70s.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    Jo, the Beacon Silver Lamium sound pretty. I didn't hang the first birdhouse I made, but am hanging the rest of them outside. Right now, I'm working on a painting of a bridge in the moonlight. I've learned not to rush my projects. :)
    Irene, hope you get good info from the doctor.
    Roger, my mother had a similar machine, but it didn't come with the table...those are nice. I learned to sew on that old machine. :)
    Have a good evening, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I have had to fight a tendency in myself where when I am doing something I keep going back to try and improve it often to the detriment of my project :)

Since You know the machine, any tips?

I would think that type of painting would be tough.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-your painting sounds nice. I hope the birds enjoy your birdhouses.
    Irene-I hope you get a date soon for your knee replacement.
    Roger-I am sure you will be able to find video's on how to use your machine.....good luck.
    Anyone have any plans for the weekend? I am working tomorrow morning and then hubby and I are going to take inventory of what we have and need for our 4th of July family cookout.
    Have a good evening. :)