Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I walked a while today 6700 steps + 1 Cent :) I stopped at the Grocery store and bought 4 Bananas and three Tangerines as the Bananas were just starting to show a little color. They should be fine by Tomorrow or Monday. The Weather was at 65 degrees this morning when I started out and warmed up fairly quickly with the Suns heat from a cloudless sky. The next two days should be great for people that have the weekend off.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    OOPS...sorry Irene...happy Birthday to George! :)
    Roger, glad things went well at the doctor, hope your tests are all good.
    Jo, I don't have another visit with the doctor....I think they just assume the infection will be gone. I will be seeing my rheumatologist this coming week, and plan on talking with him about all these infections...I think he should do a blood test to see what's happening with me.
    Nice that you can take naps, especially with your variable schedule.
    Have a good night everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Hopefully You can figure out why all the infections.

I always had trouble taking naps myself so Kudos to those who can nap.

I think I may have neglected to mention that the Inside of the refrigerated bananas stays fine. The one I pulled out last night was just right this morning, Good flavor and texture, refrigerating them really does keep them in better condition.

11 days til my next NS order closes, I'll have to finalize it before then, I have been putting that off until I get closer to the closing date for it. Still need to finish applying NS Gift cards to it so it is completely paid for.

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    I think my innards are all out of whack from all the anitbiotics. Up a couple of pounds, but not going to note the change, hopefully will get back down over the next few days as I normalize.
    I like bananas frozen the best....just cut them up before I put them in the freezer, and they are a nice frozen treat, or additive to a protein shake...delish.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    Hi all, thank you for all the wishes on our anniversary and birthday, George says thank you. Roger I hope everything comes out ok! I have gotten in the habit of taken a nap at 11am need to get away from that .Roger Vix and Jo have a great Saturday.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    I worked this morning 3-11 again. I am so happy that I have the next 2 days off. When I got home today, I started to feel a little lightheaded. I took a Dramamine and ate some crackers. I hope they help.
    Roger-thanks for the tip on refrigerating bananas. I will try it. I usually only buy 1 or 2 at a time because they ripen so fast.I do work in a grocery store, but don't tell anyone that I shop elsewhere. ;)
    I hope all your test come out negative.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
  • eku0
    Irene....hope you're having a wonderful celebratory weekend. :)
    Jo....enjoy your 2 days off....hope you're feeling better.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    I think my innards are all out of whack from all the anitbiotics. Up a couple of pounds, but not going to note the change, hopefully will get back down over the next few days as I normalize.
    I like bananas frozen the best....just cut them up before I put them in the freezer, and they are a nice frozen treat, or additive to a protein shake...delish.
    Irene....hope you're having a wonderful celebratory weekend. :)
    Jo....enjoy your 2 days off....hope you're feeling better.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It is quite possible that the Antibiotics have had that effect. They can have a detrimental effect on beneficial bacteria into your digestive system.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    Hi all, thank you for all the wishes on our anniversary and birthday, George says thank you. Roger I hope everything comes out ok! I have gotten in the habit of taken a nap at 11am need to get away from that .Roger Vix and Jo have a great Saturday.

Hi Irene
    I wish I could nap in the afternoon on a regular basis, Then maybe I would last past 9PM.

Happy Anniversary
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    I worked this morning 3-11 again. I am so happy that I have the next 2 days off. When I got home today, I started to feel a little lightheaded. I took a Dramamine and ate some crackers. I hope they help.
    Roger-thanks for the tip on refrigerating bananas. I will try it. I usually only buy 1 or 2 at a time because they ripen so fast.I do work in a grocery store, but don't tell anyone that I shop elsewhere. ;)
    I hope all your test come out negative.
    Hi Vix and Irene.

Hi Joanne
    I try to put them in as they near the ripeness I like them at so that they finish on the counter overnight as they warm up, not to mention that refrigerating them slows down the ripening and does not stop it entirely. One other caveat they do not stay good forever in the refigerator so I never have more than two or three in there. I Hope the one of the ones I bought today ripens enough for tomorrow morning :) I bought them greenish so they would last on the table. I have been able to find some loose ones that I like when I go so I do not have to break open a bag of them and split some off.

If I had to guess price and or selection comes into it where You shop?

Cheers, Feel better Sunday
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I woke up all stuffy this morning. I think it is from the AC. If I remember correctly this happened to me last summer.
    Roger-When I am done working I just want to leave the store, not shop. It is also I see what goes on in my store. It is out of site out of mind,thinking on my part if that makes any sense.
    Today I am just puttering around the yard. Hubby is going to a car show and then a fundraiser for a friend of his.
    Enjoy the day! :)

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking today 5600 steps as I was having some bad pains on outbound leg so I shortened the inbound leg + 2 Cents. One in the same block I live on and one after picking up my Coffee. One the way in 2 blocks from home a Deer ran across the street.

When I went to the NS site to apply a Gift card I saw that Dinner was short two pieces, Looking I see that They seem to have reformulated one of the frozen Pizzas.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Good morning;
    I woke up all stuffy this morning. I think it is from the AC. If I remember correctly this happened to me last summer.
    Roger-When I am done working I just want to leave the store, not shop. It is also I see what goes on in my store. It is out of site out of mind,thinking on my part if that makes any sense.
    Today I am just puttering around the yard. Hubby is going to a car show and then a fundraiser for a friend of his.
    Enjoy the day! :)
    Hi Joanne
    I can understand that wanting to get out of there ASAP. having been in the backrooms of many different brands of grocery stores and convenience stores in years gone past some of what You see and hear can be scary :) That happened when I was driving for a company that delivered to grocery stores and convenience stores.

I am having more problems than in years past with allergies. I hope that whatever is causing them ends soon. According to this mornings weather report Mold is high and tree Pollen and weeds are moderate.

I hope Your stuffiness clears up soon.
    Roger
  • IreneMurman

good morning, Annie and I went for a short 43 minute walk got in 4000 steps but I did find 2 cents.Had a nice anniversary eat a lot now I need to get back on plan gained a couple of pounds this last week or so.Roger are you feeling any better?Jo I was always the same way could not get out of there fast enough .Vix what are you up to for today?
  • RogerToo
    Critters from the back yard, we put in a trail cam to see what is digging under our shed, this is all we caught so far :)

WLBzyK.jpg

p2LNC1.jpg
    good morning, Annie and I went for a short 43 minute walk got in 4000 steps but I did find 2 cents.Had a nice anniversary eat a lot now I need to get back on plan gained a couple of pounds this last week or so.Roger are you feeling any better?Jo I was always the same way could not get out of there fast enough .Vix what are you up to for today?

Hi Irene
    You and I had the same success finding money :)

I was usually impatient to leave work, OTOH if I got involved doing something on my last job I could end up forgetting to leave on time.

Good Luck Getting back on plan, I had a poor week too, Today will be the second day strictly back on plan. I did try some Jello Brand Sugar Free Rice Pudding at 70 calories Yesterday, Not all that good to tell the truth. Sadly it is a 4 pack. Good thing is it has a Use by date a month away so I may even eat all of it.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    I saw a rosy maple moth on my hanging flower basket this morning....it's the first I've ever seen and had to look up what it was....very unusual.
    rosy_maple_moth_wv_20060701.jpg
    Don't have any plans yet for today.
    Happy Sunday! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    That is a pretty looking moth TBH, very unusual looking, I know I have never seen one like it.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    It was on a pink flower and was hard to see., It's small, But it is pretty amazing looking, pink legs too and golden antenna....the yellow on the body is furry looking.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,that is one pretty moth, never seen it before. Well my plans for today is ekg at 8:30 then I have some things to return to kholes . I also need to take my jeep to get the sand out.We actually had a lot of fun took the top off of my jeep .
  • IreneMurman
    oh I did find 1 cent today got in 8000 steps in should hit 10000 no problem
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I only did 4100 steps today + 2 cents due to Pain and allergies. The weather itself was nice and cool on the outbound and it was already warming up heading back. Tomorrows weather report forecast is for rain showers.

Tomorrow might be a run around day, I have several stops to do, Renew the Car registration, X-Rays and Acme to look at the nutrition on some frozen items on sale.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
    It was on a pink flower and was hard to see., It's small, But it is pretty amazing looking, pink legs too and golden antenna....the yellow on the body is furry looking.

Hi Vix
    You must have good eyesight :)

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    good morning,that is one pretty moth, never seen it before. Well my plans for today is ekg at 8:30 then I have some things to return to kholes . I also need to take my jeep to get the sand out.We actually had a lot of fun took the top off of my jeep .
    oh I did find 1 cent today got in 8000 steps in should hit 10000 no problem

Hi Irene
    You are doing better than I lately with the walking :)
    Just for the heck of it based on a a suggestion by my brother I have been throwing my monetary finds into a small plate to make it easy to keep track of.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Going to pottery class this morning...weather seems nice, though it'll be hot later.
    I'm not doing much walking lately....need to get back into it.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-what a pretty moth! I haven't been walking much outside of work lately either.
    Irene-good luck with your EKG. Glad you had a good weekend.
    Roger-Some critter has been digging around my hydrangeas and sedum that I just planted. I have had to put soil around them 2 days in a row. I am betting that it is the squirrel that is digging in your yard. We have outside cameras outside, but they are facing so we can see all of our entrances.
    I have been finding random ants around the house the past couple of weeks. It is usually only one at a time and in different rooms.
    Today is picking up around the house, watering the flowers, bank and a few other errands.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Going to pottery class this morning...weather seems nice, though it'll be hot later.
    I'm not doing much walking lately....need to get back into it.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I cut my walks short the last couple of days due to allergies outside of the house, My Nose runs and I am sneezing frequently. I do not recall having this much problem in past years especially this late in the year. I hope it does not impact my maintenance,

Enjoy Your Pottery Class
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Vix-what a pretty moth! I haven't been walking much outside of work lately either.
    Irene-good luck with your EKG. Glad you had a good weekend.
    Roger-Some critter has been digging around my hydrangeas and sedum that I just planted. I have had to put soil around them 2 days in a row. I am betting that it is the squirrel that is digging in your yard. We have outside cameras outside, but they are facing so we can see all of our entrances.
    I have been finding random ants around the house the past couple of weeks. It is usually only one at a time and in different rooms.
    Today is picking up around the house, watering the flowers, bank and a few other errands.
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I do not suspect squirrels as there is no reason they would be digging under the shed. We have had them inside of the shed over the years however. They can be destructive gnawing things up that are out there. We also had to pull the Air Shroud off of the lawn mower last year to clean out a mouse or maybe rat nest that was causing it to overheat. I suspect that happened over the winter.

Have You thought about using Moth Balls? I keep forgetting to pick some up to try in the holes dug under the shed.

Cats will dig into loose soil to use it as a litter box effect AFAIK :)

If I said Ants do not bother me as much as Flies?

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    I put aquarium gravel in some of my indoor plants today....I have those little gnats. I read online that they breed in houseplant soil, so if you cover the soil with aquarium gravel or coarse sand, it breaks their breeding cycle. I also put out little jars with vinegar and dish soap, covered with cellophane with very small holes in it. That's supposed to attract them and they're supposed to drown. There was one more trick where you cover a bright yellow piece of paper with petroleum jelly, and put it on a popsicle stick in a plant....that's supposed to attract them too, and then they get stuck in the petroleum jelly. I haven't done the petroleum jelly one....I'm hoping the other 2 tricks work. :smiley:
    (I don't like any bugs IN my house !)