Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Sunny and cool this morning. My daughter just came over and we are going for a walk in a little while.
    I have already cleaned both bathrooms and planted my coleus and petunias.
    Have a great day whatever you are planning on doing. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    The sun disappeared already...very windy. No plans for today. I think I'll wrap up my son-in-law's present and leave it at their house for when they're back from vacation, and can bring in their mail for the last few days.
    I'll probably just relax. My face/cheek is still a bit swollen, so I can probably use a day of not doing much.
    Have fun with your daughter, Jo.
    Hope you find something fun to do today, Irene. :)
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I was feeling a bit chilly whenever the breeze blew and fine the rest of the time, That makes it hard to dress for comfort :) 7,200 steps FWIW.

So far it is a sunny Sunday outside with a few clouds in the sky.

It was 48 in a nearby town on the Local Cable News Station when I checked it before I went walking.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    It was nice this morning, but raining all afternoon. I did end up going to the pottery studio, but I didn't manage to make anything new. I did glaze 2 little bowls I made, so it wasn't a complete loss.
    After I got home we went to Walmart. Some of our plants didn't come back from last year, so Pete bought a few butterfly bushes to replace them. They're pretty when they bloom. :)
    Have a good evening. :)
    Happy Sunday.
    It is sunny and cool this morning.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
    The sun disappeared already...very windy. No plans for today. I think I'll wrap up my son-in-law's present and leave it at their house for when they're back from vacation, and can bring in their mail for the last few days.
    I'll probably just relax. My face/cheek is still a bit swollen, so I can probably use a day of not doing much.
    Have fun with your daughter, Jo.
    Hope you find something fun to do today, Irene. :)

Hi Vix
    We did get some rain yesterday afternoon with fairly brisk wind gusts mixed in. Then it left and did not come back. The Driveway was drying off by 7PM.

I'm guessing that the Butterfly bushes are the ones that Butterflies like to feed from?

The Sun is still shining currently, however looking out the window I see darker clouds moving in to the west and since most of our weather comes from the west I suspect that the sunshine is doomed.

Good Luck tomorrow at the Dentist
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    It was a beautiful sunny day. My daughter and I went for a walk about an hour ago. There was a nice breeze.
    So far today I have 21,000 steps. I am trying to get as many steps as I can in order to beat my daughter-in-law.
    I bought some petunias and coleus plants. Tomorrow I will plant them.
    Roger-I usually get a delivery every couple of months. I just used the last of the Costco cards on this order, so I thought this would be a good time to venture out on my own.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    Have a great evening. :)
    Sunny and cool this morning. My daughter just came over and we are going for a walk in a little while.
    I have already cleaned both bathrooms and planted my coleus and petunias.
    Have a great day whatever you are planning on doing. :)

Hi Joanne
    Congratulations on all those steps, I consider it a good day when I break 10K steps and a great day if I break 12k steps :)

Using the last if the cards is a good reason to try doing without NS.

You are so energetic this early in the day. I'm done for until I recharge after walking and then breakfast.

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
    good morning,haven't done anything yet still drinking my coffee. I had one of those nights where I was having problems sleeping . Not sure what we plan on doing today it did rain a little last night but never bother me well have a great day.

Hi Irene
    I know how You feel today, I have at least one night a week where I sleep poorly such as the last two night in this case. I'm sitting here feeling like I have a energy shortage now.

I do find that the coffee helps however when I have it while walking.

Enjoy the day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning, well it sure got cold outside it is only 46 no wonder I feel cold.The only thing I have planned for today is the test at the hospital so it will be a long day.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Good luck, Irene!
    Roger, yes the butterfly bushes attract butterflies. They get long branches with spikes of small flowers on them.
    I skipped the gym today. Was able to get an appt with the dentist at 1:30.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Record Cold in some part of the area overnight, It was around 41 degrees when I left to go walking today +1cent and 6900 steps.
    A couple of songs I listened to at the end of the Richard Diamond shows While I was walking :)
    I Said My Pajamas (And Put On My Pray'rs) - Tony Martin & Fran Warren
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILLRb-pihNA
    I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts (Merv Griffin)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf670orHKcA

Have a Nice Upcoming Week
    Roger
    good morning, well it sure got cold outside it is only 46 no wonder I feel cold.The only thing I have planned for today is the test at the hospital so it will be a long day.

Hi Irene
    I have to agree, Brrr.....

I did get out walking and it was OK, except when the moderately brisk breeze would blow intermittently.

Good Luck with the Testing.
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Good luck, Irene!
    Roger, yes the butterfly bushes attract butterflies. They get long branches with spikes of small flowers on them.
    I skipped the gym today. Was able to get an appt with the dentist at 1:30.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I would agree that the Dentist seems more important the Gym given the circumstances.

Thank You for the information
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Some things I ran Across
    L3dQbZ.jpg
    I've mentioned shopping here for example
    8xYS4H.jpg

aNJzh4.jpg
    BTW, to me they are interchangeable :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    It is awfully chilly, but the sun is shinning.
    Irene-good luck at the Dr.
    Vix-I hope you made out alright at the dentist.
    Roger-I went out walking twice yesterday and hit just shy of 20,000 steps. Today I am at 17,000 so far.
    I went to bed fine last night and woke up this morning missing a filling. I wonder if I swallowed it during the night?
    I have an appt. on Thursday to get it fixed. I have no pain and the hole is behind my front tooth, so not noticeable
    The carpenter is here putting on a new storm door.
  • eku0
    Whoa...sorry about your tooth, Jo. I guess it's easy enough to replace a filling. :)
    Roger, I lived in NJ while I was growing up and never heard of either of those sandwiches! Ha!
    We did have an Acme a few blocks away....always pronounced it with 2 syllables. Well.
    Thanks for the music...haha, Merv Griffin.
    Irene, hope your tests went well.
    I have to finish up my week of antibiotics, and will be going back to the dentist a week from Wednesday. I may need to go to a periodontist to have some work done on my gum. We'll see.
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, I haven't gone out to walk yet but plan on doing it soon. The test was fine it just took all day. I will find out more when I go to the drs next week. The first part was the dye in my viens and then the second part was when it showed it in my bones . Don't have much planned today just walk and the bank Jo good luck at the dentist . So Vix are you feeling better or is your mouth still hurting . Roger I don't eat any of those sandwiches but I know a lot of people who do they love that stuff.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Glad you got thru your tests Irene. I know you'll feel better when you get the results.
    The dentist cleaned out under the gum which was a bit painful, but most of the swelling is down today. My antibiotics go thru Friday. I have to go back next week for him to take another look. I may have to go to a periodontist to fix the gum.
    It's another rainy morning here. I have a full day of clay today.
    Have a happy day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    With the weather forecast for rain starting later today into tomorrow I decided to pick up my fruit today while the weather is good + 9200 steps. I picked up 4 apples, 3 Jazz and 1 granny Smith, As well as 3 Yogurts at 3 for $1.99, A new brand to me so if I like them I can pick up more Thursday :)
    it was in the 50s when I started out with no discernible breeze.

I went to listen to a "Richard Diamond" Radio Show while walking, It turned out to be a episode of "The Green Hornet" radio show. Enjoyable too.

BTW many of the Richard Diamond shows were written by Blake Edwards of the Pink Pather Movie Series.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    It is awfully chilly, but the sun is shinning.
    Irene-good luck at the Dr.
    Vix-I hope you made out alright at the dentist.
    Roger-I went out walking twice yesterday and hit just shy of 20,000 steps. Today I am at 17,000 so far.
    I went to bed fine last night and woke up this morning missing a filling. I wonder if I swallowed it during the night?
    I have an appt. on Thursday to get it fixed. I have no pain and the hole is behind my front tooth, so not noticeable
    The carpenter is here putting on a new storm door.

Hi Joanne
    Better a filling, The last one that happened to me was not a filling, A piece of tooth broke off when I was having Dinner some years ago.

I am on my high side of steps for this early in the day, I should cruise past 10K steps easily today, Tomorrow with the rain forecast I may end up on the low side for steps, It is getting warm to be togged up in head to toe rain gear. Holding a umbrella in one hand, the walking stick in the other and then the Coffee Cup in the third hand does not seem to work well for some reason. I tend to end up wearing some of the coffee :)

Hmmmm... A new storm door, was the old one bad? We went cheap and just put a couple of hole through the Aluminum Storm door to hold the closer as the holes were stripped out. It leads onto the closed in porch. Since all my packages are marked to be delivered on the closed porch they stay dry rain or shine.

Good Luck at the Dentist, FWIW one of my least favorite destinations.
    Roger
    Whoa...sorry about your tooth, Jo. I guess it's easy enough to replace a filling. :)
    Roger, I lived in NJ while I was growing up and never heard of either of those sandwiches! Ha!
    We did have an Acme a few blocks away....always pronounced it with 2 syllables. Well.
    Thanks for the music...haha, Merv Griffin.
    Irene, hope your tests went well.
    I have to finish up my week of antibiotics, and will be going back to the dentist a week from Wednesday. I may need to go to a periodontist to have some work done on my gum. We'll see.
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Strange You never had one of those Sandwiches. Does that mean You also never had a Pork Roll (Taylor Ham) and Cheese on a Hard Roll AKA Kaiser Roll or Vienna Roll? They are also delicious FWIW IMO.

I was talking to a crossing guard about the Acme pronunciation today on my walk and he also calls it AK-Me as do I and a friend of his calls it Ak-A-Me.

The Music sort of got stuck in my head yesterday when I heard it at the end of the Detective Radio Shows I was listening. Quite often, Most of the time TBH the Richard Diamond Shows end with Dick Powell singing to his Girlfriend.

Sorry to hear that You are having Gum problems.
    Good Luck
    Roger
    good morning, I haven't gone out to walk yet but plan on doing it soon. The test was fine it just took all day. I will find out more when I go to the drs next week. The first part was the dye in my veins and then the second part was when it showed it in my bones . Don't have much planned today just walk and the bank Jo good luck at the dentist . So Vix are you feeling better or is your mouth still hurting . Roger I don't eat any of those sandwiches but I know a lot of people who do they love that stuff.

Hi Irene
    I Like those Sandwiches as well as Pork Roll (Taylor Ham) and Cheese on a Hard Roll, My waistline doesn't like them however :( They are sorely missed friends.

I tend to do my banking during my walk as I can pass either or both of the ones I deal with. I split my banking as a Just in case thing.

Good Luck with the results
    Enjoy Your walk, Stay Dry
    Roger
  • eku0
    Ha-ha...yep, never had any of those sandwiches, but I didn't eat out much. I was pretty frugal living in NJ. Usually brought my lunch from home.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-glad you test are over and hope you get good news.
    Roger-I never heard of those sandwiches either. Is it a New Jersey thing?
    As for the storm door, when we had the house sided and a new front door put in, a storm door wasn't in the budget.
    I feel safer with the storm door on. Now when I open my front door to someone, I have the storm door as a buffer from unwanted solicitors.
    Vix-I hope the antibiotics do their job and you won't have to see the periodontist. It seems like you have been having a lot of rain lately.
    It is sunny here but still cool.
    Enjoy the rest of your day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    got my 10 k steps in before the rain and not too often anymore that I get that many steps in.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Nice that you got a walk in, Irene!
    Jo, we don't have a storm door, but don't really get many solicitors. The ones around here usually just leave a flyer behind the flag of the mailbox. We have been getting a lot of rain lately! It's kind of a celebration when we see the sun. :smiley:
    Body flow class this morning.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,jumped on the scale this morning up another 2 pounds I need to do something this is not a good way to start my day hoping it is water. I will be doing more walks maybe that will help. We have the ring it will come up when someone is at our front door it is really cool you , we have smart phones and it rings on your phone and you can see and talk so you don't even have to be home we really like it.well it rained again yesterday keep this up I will never have to water my plants. Well today I plan on going to veterans park to walk and then to shoprite for some fruit pretty much it have a good day
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Yesterdays rain was a fizzle in my area, at some point in the afternoon it rained just enough to get the street wet except under the trees where it stayed dry.

The temperature outside was OK while walking, 7900 steps.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-glad you test are over and hope you get good news.
    Roger-I never heard of those sandwiches either. Is it a New Jersey thing?
    As for the storm door, when we had the house sided and a new front door put in, a storm door wasn't in the budget.
    I feel safer with the storm door on. Now when I open my front door to someone, I have the storm door as a buffer from unwanted solicitors.
    Vix-I hope the antibiotics do their job and you won't have to see the periodontist. It seems like you have been having a lot of rain lately.
    It is sunny here but still cool.
    Enjoy the rest of your day. :)

Hi Joanne
    From here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll
    Pork roll (regionally known as Taylor Ham)[1][2] is a pork-based processed meat originating and commonly available in New Jersey, Delaware and parts of Pennsylvania and Maryland. It was developed in 1856[3] by John Taylor of Trenton, New Jersey, and sold as "Taylor Ham". Other producers entered the market, and subsequent food labeling regulations required Taylor to designate it as a "pork roll" alongside their competitors.

And
    John Taylor is credited with creating his secret recipe for the product in 1856. George Washington Case, a farmer and butcher from nearby Belle Mead, New Jersey, created his own recipe for pork roll in 1870.

And
    Taylor and Trenton are the brand names for pork roll made by Taylor Provisions,[5] of Trenton, New Jersey. Other companies making pork roll include crosstown rivals Case Pork Roll Company[6] and Loeffler's Gourmet,[7] as well as Hatfield Quality Meats of Hatfield, Pennsylvania, and Alderfer Premium Meats[8] of Harleysville, Pennsylvania.

Since Trenton is the state Capital I guess You could say it is a NJ product, Missed by NJ expatriates. For example my Brother shipped out a 2 pound roll that we froze and vacuum sealed first. Destination a friend that now lives out in the Midwest who can not get it there. next up as soon as we get the new ship to address for a family member that moved to the west coast is the other 2 pounder.

We know they will both be happy to get them too from conversations.
    The Pork Roll Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll as well as being listed as a side meat for breakfast platters are on breakfast menus around here. What You see is a choice of meats Bacon, Pork Roll, Ham or Sausage. Usually the Pork Roll and Cheese on a hard roll are available all day. I often carried one for lunch at work, They worked both heated up in the Microwave and Room Temperature.

We have a 1/3 light front door to look through, The window is high enough that even if they broke it our they could not reach the Lock handle. What we see are a mix of pushy sales people, Meter readers, and Jehovah Witnesses at the door. From reading I see that a common criminal method is Knock and if no answer go around back to break in. Why they all knock instead of using our doorbell is beyond me :) Plus some stand on the front steps and knock on the screen door instead of coming onto the porch.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    got my 10 k steps in before the rain and not too often anymore that I get that many steps in.
    good morning,jumped on the scale this morning up another 2 pounds I need to do something this is not a good way to start my day hoping it is water. I will be doing more walks maybe that will help. We have the ring it will come up when someone is at our front door it is really cool you , we have smart phones and it rings on your phone and you can see and talk so you don't even have to be home we really like it.well it rained again yesterday keep this up I will never have to water my plants. Well today I plan on going to veterans park to walk and then to shoprite for some fruit pretty much it have a good day

Hi Irene
    Congratulations on hitting all those steps.

FWIW If I eat anywhere but home I end up retaining water :) Chinese food for example can cause a 3 or 4 pound temporary gain over two days.

Is that the one they have been advertising on TV lately that is two way with voice and video?

From what I could see we were on the fringe of the rain where I live and further south where You are there was more rain.

I tend to buy different types of apples and Citrus for much of my fruit with some Cherries, Blackberries, Nectarines and Plums mixed in. Those all seem to be available currently at a reasonable price.

FWIW if You get the circular from Shoprite in the mail there are coupons for a case of SR water for $1 and a 4 pound bag of Navel Oranges for a $1too. My Brother picked them both up for here. I believe the coupons are good through Saturday. 4 pounds for a bag of oranges is a pretty good price. I think You do need their key tag however. We both have a different key tag so we'll be getting another set of both of them as I picked up a spare circular. Your mentioning buying fruit reminded me to mention them.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Ha-ha...yep, never had any of those sandwiches, but I didn't eat out much. I was pretty frugal living in NJ. Usually brought my lunch from home.
    Good morning!
    Nice that you got a walk in, Irene!
    Jo, we don't have a storm door, but don't really get many solicitors. The ones around here usually just leave a flyer behind the flag of the mailbox. We have been getting a lot of rain lately! It's kind of a celebration when we see the sun. :smiley:
    Body flow class this morning.

Hi Vix
    Nothing wrong with being frugal :)

For most homes a storm door helps keep a driving rain from getting under the front door. In our case the back door is under a decent sized overhang, the front door is on a enclosed porch so it is protected and the side door does also have a storm door. Since You are near Washington D.C. and from what the local weatherman was saying they have been getting lots of rain I am not surprised You have been under a rain cloud too.

Around here they usually use a dangler that hooks over the door knob.

Enjoy the Body Flow Class, Whatever that is
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Just got home from work and am now doing laundry. I have the soaker hose going to water my plants in the side yard.
    Roger-Sorry to say that the pork roll doesn't appeal to me. I also try not to eat processed meat.
    Irene-Good job getting your walk in. Are you planning on going back to work in the near future?
    Vix-What do you do in body flow class?
    Irene-that feature on your phone to see who is at the door sounds cool. What is the actual name of it?
  • eku0
    Hi Jo. I need to do laundry too. I'm just home from getting my hair cut and roots colored. Body flow is a combination of yoga, tai chi, and pilates. It's not so easy right now, I'm modifying a lot of moves .
    Irene, the phone thing for the door does sound cool. Did you have to hook something up to your door bell?
    Roger, we have a covered porch too, no storm door needed for storms...we had a storm door at our old house, it helps in the bad weather. I like Jo's idea too for keeping solicitors out. :)