Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited December 2018
    Good morning.
    Well, raining here and a high of 60 expected. Seems very warm out.
    Cleaning lady is here, so that's nice, my house will be clean in a couple of hours.
    Thanks for all the well wishes, this cold is a bummer. Will continue to drink hot things and try to knock it out.
    I wish I could do NS again. So much easier than having to fix my own, and nice that they supply treats.
    Enjoy your vacation time, Jo! So nice to get time off for the holidays. How is the gym going so far?
    Wishing you all a Happy Friday! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-The gym is going good. We are taking it slow to start. My overall goal is to be able to touch my toes and basically tone up all over. You know as we age things tend to sag. ;)
    I hope you are feeling better today.
    Roger-I found NS turbo shakes at my local grocery store. I will have to compare the price with NS to see which will be cheaper to buy.
    I haven't been able to find the shakes that I used before, so I am comparing brands to find something similar to NS. I do not like the pre-made ones and I don't drink milk, so I need to find ones made with water. Any suggestions?
    Irene-thanks for the feed back on the new NS meals.
    We are having a holiday luncheon at work today, Chinese food. I will skip the Chinese and bring my own lunch. I am doing good on NS and am not ready to fall of the wagon just yet.
    I have been losing slowly but steadily, so no slip ups for me at this time.
    Have a great weekend. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    More humor is posted, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 51 degrees. There were wind gusts predicted while walking, As a result I was slightly under-dressed as I dressed for the Outside temperatures and not the Wind Chill :(

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/12/19/basic-income-slow-response/
    Why Aren’t People Signing Up For Free Money In Stockton?

Scum Crooks
    https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/12/20/houseboat-burglars-clue-police/
    Houseboat Burglars Eat From Fridge, Defecate In The Jacuzzi, And Leave A Shocking Clue For Police

https://cbs6albany.com/news/local/new-york-leads-nation-in-population-loss-census-bureau
    New York leads nation in population loss

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/least-educated-state-california-no-1-percentage-residents-25-and
    Least-Educated State: California No. 1 in Percentage of Residents 25 and Older Who Never Finished 9th Grade; No. 50 in High School Graduates

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-data-security/amazon-error-allowed-alexa-user-to-eavesdrop-on-another-home-idUSKCN1OJ15J
    Amazon error allowed Alexa user to eavesdrop on another home

https://www.thecollegefix.com/colleges-de-stress-students-for-finals-therapy-horses-coloring-massages-fortnite-tourneys/
    Colleges de-stress students for finals: therapy horses, coloring, massages, Fortnite tourneys

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, well it is raining here we actually went later George was still tired and with the rain I just waited until George went to work did 45 minute walk and it was lite drizzle. Now I tried the creamy pasta and broccoli it was pretty good there also was chicken in it I will be ordering that again. Jo enjoy your vacation . yes Roger it was years ago before ns started to ship the frozen. It had to be about 5 years ago. Vix I hope you are feeling better. well I have a lot of thing to do take care . can not believe it is 61 here
    Hi Irene
    It was indeed warm Friday, A mixed blessing Warm but rainy.

Thanks, I had high hopes for the Pasta and Broccoli Entree. I have reworked my upcoming order so as to have no A La Carte additions, If I decide I need an A La Carte order to even out the Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners I can always order enough to get the free shipping :smiley:

Hopefully All went well and You are prepared for the Holidays
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Well, raining here and a high of 60 expected. Seems very warm out.
    Cleaning lady is here, so that's nice, my house will be clean in a couple of hours.
    Thanks for all the well wishes, this cold is a bummer. Will continue to drink hot things and try to knock it out.
    I wish I could do NS again. So much easier than having to fix my own, and nice that they supply treats.
    Enjoy your vacation time, Jo! So nice to get time off for the holidays. How is the gym going so far?
    Wishing you all a Happy Friday! :)
    Hi Vix
    I got lucky yesterday and was not tempted to have Chinese. How ? My brother had said he was going to the dollar store and came home with Chinese Take Out too. If I had went with him as I was tempted to do I would likely have ended up with some Beef Broccoli or Pork Broccoli.

Staying 100% yesterday helped with Holiday weight to come and today through Monday AKA Christmas Eve I need to stay 100% too. Christmas Dinner is full of temptations :(

Chicken Soup as part of the Hot things or maybe a nice Chicken Broth ?

Good Luck with the Cold
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Vix-The gym is going good. We are taking it slow to start. My overall goal is to be able to touch my toes and basically tone up all over. You know as we age things tend to sag. ;)
    I hope you are feeling better today.
    Roger-I found NS turbo shakes at my local grocery store. I will have to compare the price with NS to see which will be cheaper to buy.
    I haven't been able to find the shakes that I used before, so I am comparing brands to find something similar to NS. I do not like the pre-made ones and I don't drink milk, so I need to find ones made with water. Any suggestions?
    Irene-thanks for the feed back on the new NS meals.
    We are having a holiday luncheon at work today, Chinese food. I will skip the Chinese and bring my own lunch. I am doing good on NS and am not ready to fall of the wagon just yet.
    I have been losing slowly but steadily, so no slip ups for me at this time.
    Have a great weekend. :)
    Hi Joanne
    Starting slow and working up is the key to proper exercising, Way to go.

Touch Your Toes, Hmm... I haven't tried that in many years.

I make Carnation Breakfast essentials with water and a package of Truvia Sweetener. The Lite Version of course.

The old NS Shakes were great, I can not bring myself to drink the new ones after trying one. The only milk I use is on my breakfast cereals that I intersperse with the NS Breakfasts.

Some of the Chinese is not too bad for You, The Beef, Pork or Chicken Broccoli, letting the Sauce drain off and passing on Rice or any of the other starchy items. Good For You Avoiding temptation at work.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, the weather here is a little warm when we walked it was in the 50s but the wind made it cooler. So I did 1 hr walk plus did 31 minutes on the treadmill trying to stay on track I know I will eat bad on Christmas day so I will try to be good until then . I finished up all the wrapping this morning so I feel good. Vix it always feel better when are house is clean. Jo enjoy your time being home. Roger that was awesome that you decided to for go the Chinese food take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Kids were over last night for our holiday party...it was a lot of fun.
    No more parties for me til NYE, so I can get back on my regular diet til then and cut out all the goodies! I am definitely roly-poly, and uncomfortable in my clothes. A few pounds make a big difference.
    Roger and Jo, congrats on avoiding the temptations. :)
    Jo, WTG on the gym workouts.
    Hi Irene.
    I made some matzo ball soup last night (in chicken broth), so I do have some of that leftover to have for my cold. I think it might be getting a little better.
    It's supposed to be mostly sunny today, with a high of 46, but it's gray and windy at the moment. No special plans for today.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    I already posted Humor today, I woke up and was out the door early

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 32 degrees. There is Snow in the northwest corner of NJ and rain for the rest of the state for Monday. The forecast is that there is 0% chance of a White Christmas.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/12/21/fda-warns-certain-antibiotics-may-cause-serious-heart-damage/
    FDA Warns Certain Antibiotics May Cause Serious Heart Damage

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/12/20/its-very-offensive-to-them-bakers-complaining-after-finding-tips-of-hershey-chocolate-kisses-broken-off/
    ‘It’s Very Offensive To Them’: Bakers Complaining After Finding Tips Of Hershey Chocolate Kisses Broken Off

https://news.yahoo.com/anonymous-patient-data-may-not-private-previously-thought-190248280.html
    Anonymous patient data may not be as private as previously thought

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/digital-detox-resorts-offer-perks-handing-phones-59949027
    Digital detox: Resorts offer perks for handing over phones

https://apnews.com/d1e2c440af57450ab82b62d035adac61
    Science Says: A big space crash likely made Uranus lopsided

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, the weather here is a little warm when we walked it was in the 50s but the wind made it cooler. So I did 1 hr walk plus did 31 minutes on the treadmill trying to stay on track I know I will eat bad on Christmas day so I will try to be good until then . I finished up all the wrapping this morning so I feel good. Vix it always feel better when are house is clean. Jo enjoy your time being home. Roger that was awesome that you decided to for go the Chinese food take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    The weather was a lot better Saturday than tomorrow is forecast to be, oh well You can;t change the weather, Yet.

I need to eat really good today and tomorrow, I think I will have one of the Stuffed Chicken Breast Dinners for both days and likely one of the melts for Lunch along with Vegetables and Proteins of course. Unless I decide to have the NS Chicken Sandwich and the NS hamburger for the other day.
    The bad part is that my Brother is wondering what our Christmas Eve food will be, It is a tradition to have something different, Pizza or Takeout are two of what he is talking about.

I still have to wrap the package that came Friday and and the last comes Monday, I may have to rush wrap that one.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Kids were over last night for our holiday party...it was a lot of fun.
    No more parties for me til NYE, so I can get back on my regular diet til then and cut out all the goodies! I am definitely roly-poly, and uncomfortable in my clothes. A few pounds make a big difference.
    Roger and Jo, congrats on avoiding the temptations. :)
    Jo, WTG on the gym workouts.
    Hi Irene.
    I made some matzo ball soup last night (in chicken broth), so I do have some of that leftover to have for my cold. I think it might be getting a little better.
    It's supposed to be mostly sunny today, with a high of 46, but it's gray and windy at the moment. No special plans for today.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    That sounds like no Christmas Day feast... That could be helpful, I agree even a few pounds makes a difference.
    Wish all of us luck over the holidays. From Here
    https://www.realsimple.com/health/nutrition-diet/weight-loss/holiday-weight-gain
    In the United States, the researchers found that the participants’ weight began to rise throughout October and November, and peaked 10 days after Christmas. The change wasn’t large, but it was significant: On average, people’s weight increased about 1.3 pounds during the Christmas-New Year’s season.

Hmm... Matzo Ball Soup with Chicken Broth sounds like a good idea, Not knowing how it is made I wonder if it is made from Matzo meal or are Motzos used in it ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, I have been good so far but I know I will eat a lot of bad food on Christmas day. We had a nice walk this morning it was like 1 hr and 20 minutes we will be going out again later. hope everyone has a nice day
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Roger, I was up about 3 pounds since October. With the medication this month, it added an extra 3 or 4 pounds onto that. Very uncomfortable. Matzo ball soup is made with matzo meal (I buy a packaged mix, just add eggs and oil).
    Wishing you all good luck getting through Christmas! Enjoy your holiday food!
    Irene and Jo, good that you are doing extra exercise.
    No special plans for today. It's sunny out with an expected high of 45.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Went to the gym this morning and worked out for about an hour, machines and treadmill.
    No plans for me today either. It is probably a good idea to stay in and avoid all the last minute shoppers.
    Hubby and I went to Tj Max last night. The lines were so long that we put our things back and decided to wait until after the holiday. We were buying water bottles for the gym, so are not in a hurry.
    Have a good day. :)
  • RogerToo
    I will be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 36 degrees. There is/was Snow in the northwest corner of NJ and rain for much of the state. There was a light rain falling, near a drizzle TBH that slowly lightened up while I was walking. I mailed some bill payments off today, With the Holiday I figured getting them going was a good thing even though the one I wrote out is not due until the 8th.

Lots to do today, finish wrapping presents, My Brother decided on Mince Meat Pie, Modern no meat version, Hard Boil the Eggs for Deviled Eggs, Pre Bake the Asparagus Spears and Brussels Sprouts and more.

BTW My brother pointed it out to me, The scene they showed on TV of Mary Poppins sliding out of the sky, if You look closely You can see the wire she is descending on from upper left to lower right, Careless editing or to cheap to reshoot so they left it in.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/postal-service-prayer-deliver-us-fiscal-doom
    Postal Service Prayer: Deliver Us From Fiscal Doom

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-21/amazons-creepy-facial-recognition-doorbell-will-surveil-entire-neighborhood-peoples
    Amazon's Creepy Facial Recognition Doorbell Will Surveil Entire Neighborhood From People's Front Doors

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Why-drug-testing-at-work-is-the-new-don-t-ask-13485537.php

Why drug testing at work 'is the new don't ask, don't tell'

https://www.heraldcourier.com/news/a-grinch-steals-thousands-of-dollars-of-christmas-trees/article_e19c39a5-7b17-5339-92fa-4cb829179d0f.html
    A Grinch steals thousands of dollars of Christmas trees

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, I have been good so far but I know I will eat a lot of bad food on Christmas day. We had a nice walk this morning it was like 1 hr and 20 minutes we will be going out again later. hope everyone has a nice day
    Hi Irene
    I have already been bad today, I stopped at the Local Deli and had a Breakfast Sandwich, Sausage, Egg and Cheese on Rye Toast, Two Eggs and Cheese and one Sausage in it. Probably a ton of calories too, OTOH it was so tasty and tempting :(

Congratulations on the walking

Have a Great Christmas Eve
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Roger, I was up about 3 pounds since October. With the medication this month, it added an extra 3 or 4 pounds onto that. Very uncomfortable. Matzo ball soup is made with matzo meal (I buy a packaged mix, just add eggs and oil).
    Wishing you all good luck getting through Christmas! Enjoy your holiday food!
    Irene and Jo, good that you are doing extra exercise.
    No special plans for today. It's sunny out with an expected high of 45.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    It's tough staying 100% to plan with the trifecta of Holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years then add in the Whammy of Medication side effects and Yikes.

I did a quick search and found this, although the Mix You use is likely very easy compared to the recipe to make them from scratch. Easy is good :wink:
    http://bakingbites.com/2011/04/what-is-matzo-meal/

Matzo meal is made by finely grinding matzo crackers into a breadcrumb-like consistency. This meal is very commonly called for in recipes and for baking around passover. The most well known use for matzo meal is in matzo balls, but the versatile meal can also act as a binding agent in place of regular bread crumbs in foods such as meatballs and even as a thickener in some dishes.

To make your own matzo meal, you can whiz pieces of matzo in the food processor until very finely chopped. A coarser texture will be better for things like meatloaf, while a finer texture is a better choice if you’re going to tackle some matzo-based baking.

I had a suspicion that might be so. I need to keep that in mind as The ShopRite gives out a free case of Matzos before Passover and free is always a good price.

Wishing You and Yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Went to the gym this morning and worked out for about an hour, machines and treadmill.
    No plans for me today either. It is probably a good idea to stay in and avoid all the last minute shoppers.
    Hubby and I went to Tj Max last night. The lines were so long that we put our things back and decided to wait until after the holiday. We were buying water bottles for the gym, so are not in a hurry.
    Have a good day. :)
    Hi Joanne
    That sounds like a good idea, My Brother went to the ShopRite Yesterday and despite it being in a strip mall he reported that there were cars circling around looking for parking places, I can only imagine what the Big enclosed malls are like. I saw a quick news item last night that the news crew that went to one of them nearby in NJ took a half hour just to exit the mall when they left due to traffic volume.

If my brother and I were going to the Gym we would pull a 1/2 liter of bottled water from the refrigerator, wrap it in a towel to keep it cold or freeze it for really cold water and take that. Call us Cheap or maybe frugal. I have done something similar when the lines were way to long to wait in so I do not blame You.

Wishing You and Your Hubby a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well couldn't sleep last night so now I am tired that is why my sweet tooth is craving food I will probably will just enjoy the bad food and start up again on Wednesday . We did do an hour and a half walk this morning. I need to pack the jeep since George is taking a half a day off and this way I can move the jeep out of the drive way and he can just pull his truck in .We are heading up north for Christmas we are only going for the day. I probably won't get a chance to get on the computer tomorrow so I want to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS take care
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    292577-Animated-Merry-Christmas-Eve-Gif.gif