What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Today im aiming to be consistent. no great promises, just going to do my very best :)
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Thursday is weights. Done!!!!
  • AEDeb
    AEDeb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    Try drinking 16 oz. of room temperature water before meals.

That's a great idea. I have the same problem but will incorporate that.
  • AEDeb
    AEDeb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    BBee5064 wrote: »
    Farback wrote: »
    Did a cold 20 minute scuba dive to locate a fixed anchor in a lake yesterday at my parent's place. The float from last year was taken by the ice. It's usually a five minute search job but with recent rains and a tannic lake, visibility was 2-3 feet at a depth of 15-20. Took a long time. And by the way, I didn't dive alone. The voices in my head were there. (Actually I'm a fire dept. Recovery diver with loads of hours, training and redundant systems to get out of trouble)

Wow! sounds like an awesome career? I personally would be terrified. water is my biggest fear
    I really admire people like yourself that are part of fire dept.. :)

Thanks very much. I'm a volunteer FF, but it's like a second career. I've been at it 25 years. We do several special rescue teams I've been lucky? enough to be a part of for many years in addition to regular firefighting. I just retired as Chief in December after a heart attack last year. I'm still active, but at 59 I'm happy to just drive and operate the trucks and leave the hard work to the kiddies. I occasionally throw on an air pack and go in on attack if needed, but I'm trying to minimize that. It would be a bad place to meet up with that second MI that's waiting for me. I'm doing everything in my control to avoid it, exercise, healthy weight, decreased stress etc.
    Good for you! My son was a volunteer, received his training and became auxiliary. He loved it and we were very proud of him. Then a woman came along and distracted him...too bad. I miss hearing all the stories. So much training involved. I have a great respect for it. Take care.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Today is My relax & try my very best day
    Have a great day everyone :)
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    BBee5064 wrote: »
    Today is My relax & try my very best day
    Have a great day everyone :)
    I like this idea :)

• BBee5064
    Options
    Today I did a Load of exercise & I'm worn out!! But I feel good..
    Hope u have all had a good day
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Today I'm doing breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince & dinner like a pauper.
    Have a great day everyone
  • MHTret
    MHTret Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Not sure why but sometimes, for no apparent reason, after losing 5, 10 or 15 pounds, I hit a mental snag and all my determination goes out the window (I give some credence to the theory of a "set point") -- the last week and a half have been like that.

So my goal today is to stop it now, not six months or a year from now when I've gained back all I've lost plus some more, and meet my step and calorie goals.

Great day to everyone!
  • BBee5064
    Options
    MHTret wrote: »
    Not sure why but sometimes, for no apparent reason, after losing 5, 10 or 15 pounds, I hit a mental snag and all my determination goes out the window (I give some credence to the theory of a "set point") -- the last week and a half have been like that.

So my goal today is to stop it now, not six months or a year from now when I've gained back all I've lost plus some more, and meet my step and calorie goals.

Great day to everyone!

Hope u achieved your goal today xx
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    After a great 4 day weekend, with only one planned workout... and no tracking of food... I'm back on schedule today! Went to spin, I'll be recording my food, and I'll go for a run after work.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Today I did a power walk with my husband. I'm happy about that :)
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Today I have already exercised. I have drunk some of my water. And have had a decent breakfast. I MUST, under all circumstances, stay under goal today. That is all. I was away for a couple of days and it all went to hell in a handbasket. Get me around the foods I love and boom! At home I surround myself with foods I don't like as much and it works better.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Today I have already exercised. I have drunk some of my water. And have had a decent breakfast. I MUST, under all circumstances, stay under goal today. That is all. I was away for a couple of days and it all went to hell in a handbasket. Get me around the foods I love and boom! At home I surround myself with foods I don't like as much and it works better.

I can relate!! I didn't do well yesterday recording my food, so I have to do it today!!!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Rest today

I have put in 80 miles of cycling in the last 3 days

Rest time. Exercise is good, but in reasonable quantities
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Rest today

I have put in 80 miles of cycling in the last 3 days

Rest time. Exercise is good, but in reasonable quantities

Wow! 80 miles.. now go & lie down... you definitely deserve a rest :)
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Aiming for 10k steps
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Busy day at work. The weather's nice so I got a walk in during lunch.

Did Spin today and worked hard!
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Busy day at work. The weather's nice so I got a walk in during lunch.

Did Spin today and worked hard!

sounds like a great day :)
  • BBee5064
    Options
    today is Thirsty Thursday day for me.. It the one day in the week when I try to up my fluid intake..