Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Shirley..your weekend sounds like fun!
    Barbie..glad you enjoyed some different foods. It's amazing that we now know how to get right back on our program and get rid of the water weight. There was a time when I would just continue to eat the wrong things because I was convinced I had blown my diet.
    Steph..you are right..same is better than a gain any day of the week!

Going to Aquazumba this morning at the gym and then I need to run errands. The State Fair is here and we may go look around..it's sunny but cool which is perfect weather. I also need to continue the attic purge. :s

Make it a great day, losers! Stay strong!
    Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Babysitting Isaac today and staying overnight. Yoga this morning and then leaving after that.

Have a great day friends.

Shirley
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I ordered a dress online and had to take it back to the retail store. It was too big.

My new victory: I'm a Size Zero at Catherine's (that's a 16 Womens).

I declined getting their credit card at the register (I generally decline any of those "buy brand here" cards), but I got to say "It's unlikely I will be a customer for long enough to benefit from your savings program."

Soon, I'll be shopping in normal stores. YEA!!!
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!!

parties are over thank god!! I survived. not showing any loss but no gain either, so I will take it!!

I am working on getting solidly to 145 this week. I never understood just how much work goes into losing 1 measly lb but how little effort goes into gaining it. it is not fair, lol!!

hope everyone is doing well and doing their best to stick to their plans!! 5 weeks and 2 days until thanksgiving!!

stephanie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Tuesday!

Steph..glad you maintained throughout the parties.
    Eninad..yay for 16!! Try Macy's online..they have a really nice women's selection.

It's a beautiful day with highs reaching 70+..loving these cool mornings! Not much planned for the day..the purge continues.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 100 mile challenge and today I got 7.53, which is really great for me. Janice
  • slw19
    Options
    ughhh!! I am up a lb this morning and have no idea why. need to be very diligent today!! losing weight is a full time job!!! have a great day everyone!

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I am forgetting the weighing in every Just too discoursing to me So I will be weighing in on Fridays. once a week
    We are suppose to have a rain in the next couple of days. Been a long hot fall. But plenty of leaves for Jerry to vAcum up today.
    I plan on washing today and making some Baked potatoe Salad today Also looking for a recipes using gluten free cake mix and pumpkin If I get it made will have to freeze it to keep me out of it

Connie how is your house coming along?

Janice you are doing good.

Seph That a girls never give up.

Barbie its great to be home with your routine. Isn't it.

Since this is cancer awareness month
    1692813ucwxdp2lpd.gif
    Marie

• Shirley61
    edited October 2015
    Options
    83jnh6ns6yfy.jpg
    Morning,

Just the usual today Yoga class this morning and now getting groceries and finishing up laundry . Not too exciting.

Here is a picture of Isaac, the latest.

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Shirley-What a cutie Isaac is, I bet you have a big time with him.

Marie- I know weighing alot does get discouraging if the scale isn't cooperating, thats why I don't weigh everyday, especially not on the weekend. I weighed today and it was down alittle but still not my lowest, it was 177.6 lbs. Our leaves are still green and havent fell yet, probably will in a coupke of weeks.

Steph-Sorry to hear your up a pound, I hope it comes off soon. I wish I was in the 140's, that where I need to be for goal. What is your final goal? Mine is somewhere between 135-142, I think. I got a ways till I get there.

Connie-How is the purging going, I can't stand clutter, I periodically clean out and I dont replace it usually with more junk.
    Have a good day, everyone. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good afternoon, losers!

Marie...I still weigh daily and record it. When I have a loss, I record here on MFP. I'm used to the ups and downs..in fact, when I hit a lower number, it's always a nice surprise!

Steph...we just have to keep on keeping on.

Shirley...the baby is the cutest! I want one!!

Janice..our leaves are still green, too. I am doing the walking challenge, and I need to walk more, but some days my knee really aches. I feel lucky if I can get at least 3 miles a day. Probably won't make the 100. :/

The foundation for the house is there, and I guess the framing will begin soon. We are looking at February or March for closing. That's just fine with me as it gives me plenty of time to do the purge. We can do a little bit at a time without getting overwhelmed with the process. I have pictures and am trying to upload.

My trainer is out this week so no strength training. That's fine..I need a break from weight lifting...maybe my muscles will release some water. ;) Gonna go to the pool class Friday.

See you losers later.

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone,

Been busy and have not had time to post.

-Connie, Can't wait to see the pictures of your construction site.
    I love watching a building go up!!! I would build another in a flash but my
    husband does not do well with the process. He thinks he knows better how
    to build than the professional!!!!

-Marie, Just hang in there, the scales just don't cooperate sometimes.
    Hope you send that rain our way.

I have quit weighing often as it has become so depressing for me. I am trying to cut
    down on carbs but not sure that is working. My metabolism must be a mess!!!!

-Janice, Good for you doing the 100 mile challenge. I might make 100 miles on my bike!!!

-Steph, I feel for you seeing a gain on the scales. Not fun!!!!

-Shirley, Isaac is so cute.

Nancy

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    My visit to the doctor to find out about the leg pain and tingling feet I have when I'm walking provided some answers and more questions....it's not muscles, bones, circulation, blood clots or side effects from my new osteoporosis medicine. The next step will be a nerve conduction test. She also did some blood tests. But she didn't tell me to stop walking and dancing.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Barbie
  • slw19
    Options
    hi there,

my final goal....I would like to be around 130. that would make me happy. I feel like I have a long way to go also, just would like to get into the lower 140s over the next couple of months. I am about 5'6, it was always a good weight for me. not sure I can get there but will try. I definitely am perimenopausal/menopausal. I feel my body changing:( I think if I can hit 140 by year end, I will be happy and deal with the rest in 2016. I am just happy to be down 10lbs(9 lbs today). I am just trying to get some balance in my life and feel good about what I do and the choices I make:)

have a good night everyone.

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning Misfits/ we may be a bunch of Misfit but we all care for each other.
    687675o2fs2pljp6.jpg

no plans today. No doctor, nor grocer store Just putter around the house. And play with the kittens. Suppose to rain today and tomorrow. Will have to see it to believe it, I don't know how many days we have gone without rain. But way too many.
    have a great day
    Marie

O I absolutely fell in love with walmart Baked potato Salad , So I decided to make my own. Taste s lot better than Walmart.So lunch is ready except my boiled eggs. I learn to cook them and they are so easy to peel.
    But I sure do have to watch my portion control on the potato salad . But I can do it.

Marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Thursday!

Marie.. I love potato salad but rarely have it because of control. According to the weather forecast, you will be getting some much needed rain and a lot of it in the coming days!

Barbie..what is involved in a nerve conduction test? Is this doctor an orthopedist? I hate it uwhen pain prevents us from exercising!

Steph..you got this!

Nancy..my hubs calmed down after the land was cleared. In the beginning, I seriously thought about pulling out because of his impatience! :s

Not much on the agenda today. It's beautiful weather again..cool with lots of sun and no humidity.

Make it a great day, misfits!

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hello Misfits,

I like the graphic Marie, really cute. I wish I had the shape of some those girls!

It started out a rainy day and slept in this morning, I was really tired. Today just puttering around the house and picked
    up a few groceries. I did get in 30 min on my bike (turbo trainer). I am planning on salmon cakes for dinner I got a
    new recipe on Pinterest and a recipe for a pumpkin snack cake. Thought I would make it for an occasion some time.
    There are some neat things on that site but it can be overwhelming with all the information they give you.

CONNIE - I have a question for you. In the past I set up a GROUP called The New Water Cooler. It was a group already
    established but then MFP did some major changes and I formed a GROUP. Only thing is I think I did wrong.
    It should say LEAVE GROUP and its says INVITE. This means no one else can join except the members that are there now.
    How can I change this to open it up to the public to join?
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Shirley.. I think you have to click on the little wheel at the top next to the green box that says "invite" and then click on "edit". That will open the page you originally filled out to make the group. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and there are options to make the group pubic or private.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :) Connie, the doctor I saw was my regular medical doctor who is amazing. She said the nerve conduction test will be slightly painful and if it doesn't give enough information, then the next step will be an MRI......I'm still going to my line dance classes, walking the dogs, and riding the exercise bike but I'm not walking quite as much ( no days of 21,000 steps lately)
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    My sister has decided to stay in the nursing home and live. My neice is planning on moving her out of her apartment and selling her car. I am so upset, that we have come to this. I went and stayed with her a couple of hours today and took her some food, she ate. She says she likes it there and they treat her good. I feel guilty she is not with family. My husband and I talked last night, or rather I cried, and he said I could do what I want, but its alot to handle, she has many issues. Atleast he was open if need be. I just feel really guilty, that she is going to live in a nursing home at 60 years old. Both of our parents died suddenly within a month, we are not use to dealing with this. Thanks for letting me vent. Janice