Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Janice,

that is a really tough situation, I absolutely understand how you feel as well as your husbands thoughts. maybe you try it out and see how it goes, you can visit often. caretaking is a very cumbersome job and it sounds like she feels safe at the home. maybe just see how it goes. if it does not seem to be working well, you an make adjustments. you are a good sister, remember that!!

Barbie, sending healing thoughts your way. hope you feel better!!

have a great day everyone

Stephanie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Friday!

Janice..we are here for you. Being a caregiver is difficult, and it is good your husband is open to the idea if that is what you want. The advantage you have, though, is being able to visit her on a daily/weekly basis. Can you also take her out for a day or overnight outing..like on holidays?

Marie..you should be getting a lot of rain right now in Texas. Let us know if you are okay.

Barbie..hope things work out and she sounds like a great doctor! I will probably be having an MRI, too. The cortisone shot lasted about 2 days and the pain returned so we need to see what's going on with the knee. I do not like taking the prescribed anti-inflammatory meds everyday because of the many side effects, but when I don't take them, it's hard to exercise or walk. My appointment with my orthopedist is next week.

Another beautiful day and still on the warm side. At least the mornings are cool. I'm going to continue to purge the attic stuff today.

Make it a great day, losers!
    Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts on the nursing home situation. For now. I guess the nursing home is the best place for her, they are constantly changing her medicine trying to make her more comfortable and to breath better. I think eventually she will be able to go out for the day. We'll have to find out more on that, later. At this point we just need to see how it goes and if she stays happy there. Have a good day. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Janice <3 my daughters are about your sister age. I would be very sad if they had to stay in a nursing home.. is it close enough to visit often,. I do believe she made the right decision.. It would be way to much for you., She knows you love her. and have her best interest at heart I know she appreciate those lovely treats you take her

Barbie <3 thanks for the updates on your legs I am glad you cut your walking and other exercode down. If they continue cut down some more.I think you know when

Tae care Misfits
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Marie-It is pretty close, it takes about 30 minutes to get there. My other 2 sisters live closer, and so does my neice. We try to rotate so we all dont go the same day. One sister drops in almost everyday, she is like 5 minutes away. She loves the food we bring her, but if you ask if she wants anything, she says no, so we just try to bring her something usually, she needs to eat. I guess everyone is right it is the best place for her right now. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Janice- Sorry to hear about your sister my thoughts are with you. <3 It seems she is in the best place with all medical
    care she needs right now. If she comfortable staying there, then she knows that is where she should be right now.
    Just go and visit and spend your time with her right now.

Connie - I do have it set for Public right now and its still says INVITE. I guess I will just let it go for now.

Shirley
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    194904olsgis3xqe.gif I taught my line dance class today and it was great fun. I got a round of applause when I told them that I missed them and was glad to be back. I taught a new dance that was very well received :)

:)Janice, None of us would want to be living in a care home of any sort right now, but maybe your sister feels safer knowing that there is someone available 24/7 to meet her health needs.

:)Connie, right now the only pain med I'm taking is ibuprofen, but I can't do that forever. I'm ok to dance and walk the dogs so, staying in the moment, I am fine.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Just checking in after a long day!
    -Connie, I predict you will find out that you have a meniscus problem. Mine was caused from squatting repeatedly while cleaning. Mine has healed and causes very minor problems after about 6 months.
    Come on rain!!!
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Saturday!

Marie..hope you check in..hurricane rain is headed your way if not already there.

Nancy..hope you are right about my knee!

Have a great weekend, misfits!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie they do not expect the hurricane to influence us too much. But the rain we have has up to now has just been fantastic for us., We are in no danger here unless a tornado should hit. But so far none has hit around here/

Got great news yesterday. My son is coming in Next weekend. To go fishing with my brother and also his company gave him 4 tickets to the Dallas Football game next weekend I asked him what day was my day and he said Monday.

I found some good TV Gluten free Dinners by Lean Cusine market place. pretty good along width an other veggies or salad But I am cooking a one pot cabbage casserole today With ground lean turkey, rice. Garlic and etc.
    For breakfast it is going to be Baked eggs with peppers, onions, cheese

Janice I think you made the right decision for the time being.

Barbie now don't overdo it. Remember moderations. Just like you do your food.

Love to all.
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,
    Just feels like rain is in the air...
    Have a good weekend!!!
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    It sure is Nancy It as sort of taper off some now.

Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Rain here today too. I was up early and went to our mass choir rehearsal with 6 other choirs. There were supposed to be
    10 but since they changed the date of the opening of the Performing Arts Center we are down to 6. We had 5 different
    directors and everyone sounded amazing. It should be a great concert in November.

Now just checking out recipes for dinner tonight I would like to make a crockpot meal if i find what I want.

Have a great day.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley here is what I planned on making today. But Jerry I being Pluming again in the kitcken. So that knock that out she also has a nice looking Baked potatoe casserole I would like to try
    http://www.diaryofarecipecollector.com/one-pot-cabbage-casserole.html

just thought I would share
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Its raining here in Ky today, I made brownies and we ate 2 of them each. They were 170 each in calories. I need to give most of them away, they are my downfall. Thats why I dont have them around me hardly anymore. I also have a ham in the oven for dinner. I am going to make a big salad in alittle bit. We are just hanging around the house today, no big plans.Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    edited October 2015
    Options
    No rain so far. Still hoping!!!
    We finished this weeks project today. So happy about that. Made a booth for our son and daughter in law. They have a picture frame business and go to arts and crafts shows! She will have it looking great when they set it up at a show.
    Nancy
    .tyu4pb8vv3vf.jpeg
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    say Nancy that's look really nice. You too are Pros. at building
  • CALIECAT
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I wish I could say Jerry got our leak fixed But he did not. Made a nevus wreck of me for I could not cook My meal I plan on. and I ate too many carbs and had to climb over him to get to the bathroom.What a wet and rainy day.
    now I have a terrific headache
    Marie

See you guys tomorrow
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    Here is the story of my day

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif dog walking while listening to an audio book

569147nmlfkdnzlz.gif riding the exercise bike while watching TV
  • CALIECAT
    Options