Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    We cleaned out my sisters apartment today, its empty now. Most of everthing was taken to my neices basement, the other my sister took. I didnt want anything except a nice mirror she had. I didnt want a bunch of stuff I had to find a place for, again I don't like clutter. In fact my daughter moved in to a new apartment this weekend andI am giving her 2 large pictures and a nice stainless garbage can I got while I was still working at Lowes, so I am still downsizing. It was sad to do, but had to be done, she has been paying rent and not living there for over 7 months, except about 3 weeks, plus since she has decided to stay in the nursing home. I am tired so I think I will turn in soon. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Monday!

Nancy..you and your hubs are quite the builders! What an awesome project!

Janice..I do not like clutter either and will not take unneeded stuff to the new house! I am glad you had your sisters to help you with that.

Marie..hope your leak has been fixed so you can get back to normal. I know you are excited about your son's visit!

I am cutting back on carbs for the next few weeks to see if I can get things moving AGAIN. It's been three months and there has only been a slight in my weight. Cutting back carbs means lower calories, but I will limit my cardio and continue with strength training twice a week. At some point, I will find the right mix for my body.

Make it a great day, losers!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    it seems I have not been with you guys here lately
    Connie I think we all need to find the right nix for our bodies
    lets just keep working on it.
    The Sun is shinning and a brand new week
    all we need to do is make the right choice. And hope it works.
    570874bmby32tvlh.gif

Love to all.
    PS****** Janice glad that chore is taking care of.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Wow, So happy to report we have had 4 inches of rain since Saturday night.
    We needed it soooo much.

-Marie, Hope you have your plumbing problem solved. Enjoy your son's visit.

-Connie, How many carbs do you plan on having everyday? I can't cut too low or
    I start having problems with low blood sugar and sleep problems!!! I do ok if I keep
    around 75-100 grams/day. I have been having some Adkins meals for the last few weeks.

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    NANCY - That is a great booth, I am sure your son and DIL will love it. You sure are handy with a hammer. :)

CONNIE - I wish I could find the right mix too. Still at the losing game and will be for a while. I am also not a person
    that likes clutter. My hubby is the one that brings things home all time. :(

MARIE - Keep safe with that rain you are getting. I will check out for link to the cabbage dish.

JANICE - Cleaning out an apt or house is a big chore but seems to be one that had to be done. Less stress
    now for the family. I hope your sister enjoys her new home now and the around the clock care she will be getting. <3

BARBIE - Your leg pain has not slowed you down one bit. You are a role model. B)

I had Yoga class today but also just got back from a nice walk. It is so nice out, still cool but a great autumn
    day for walking. I got a call from my daughter #2 and she said Isaac just had his shot from the doctor and he
    weighs 20 lbs. now. She said the nurse said I think he will be a tall boy. On Nov 3rd he will be 7 months already.

Have a good evening friends.

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,

hope everyone is doing well!! I am a little off the wagon. I say a little as it has been more picking then an overall fall off. it was a very stressful week for so many reasons. just need to own it and get back on.

nancy, very impressed with the booth

connie, what's the new plan? I don't think I can cut out anymore carbs. but I will tell you when I eat them at night, I am definitely up the next day:( I hope the new program brings you success.

Janice, I hope your sister has settled in and maybe now that you have cleaned out her apartment, you can get to a more peaceful place with the situation.

marie, how was the cabbage recipe? I never cook with cabbage but I do like it

Shirley, hang in there. I feel like you are very active, just need to be more disciplined with the eating. if it was easy, none of us would be here!

Barbie, hope you feel better!

have a good night everyone!

stephanie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    I do feel better knowing the apartment is done, no more cleaning or moving for now. Today was my oldest sisters 63rd birthday, I plan on going there tommorrow, then stopping by the nursing home, if the weather isn't too bad. We're suppose to get 4 inches of rain tommorrow. I have a doctors appointment at 12.45, too. If I dont make it tommorrow, to my sisters, then I will after I go to my grandsons grandparent lunch at school. It seems theres alot going on this week and I feel so tired. Today I stayed home and made a roast with carrots, green beans and mashed potatoes. I had to go to Krogers and get dog food and some other things.I got over 3 miles today and that challenge is almost over, I have 93.88 miles so far for the 100 mile challenge this month. I am not doing it again next month... I have challenged myself enough for now. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Tuesday!

Steph..good to see you here and owning it! Stress is a killer and we tend to self-medicate with food. I'm just cutting back on carbs..nothing really new.

Janice..I may not do the challenge next month either. I did not get to 100 because of knee issues. You have done an awesome job! I will be as old as your oldest sister next month. It's a blessing because my only sister sibling did not make it to 63; she passed away at 62.

Nancy..gonna stay between 30-50 grams of carb for now.

Shirley..doesn't seem like it's been 7 months since his birth!

On my way to the doc and then will run errands.
    Make it a great day!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,
    Hope everyone will have a good day.
    No big plans for today.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Connie-Sorry to hear that about your sister, my other sister will be 62 on new years eve. I hope your knee issues heal up soon. I completed the challenge last month, and I will this month, but our weather is turning and the days wont be as nice to walk, plus I'm just ready to take a break with it. I am not a big exerciser normally. I lost most of my weight, without it. I just stayed really busy before and on my feet working all day, that was my exercise, when I was working.

I cancelled my doctors visit today, it was just a check up, no problems going on. I never cancel my doctors appointments, but I still have 3 months refills on the medicine I get from them. Also, I am not going to my sisters since I'm not getting out, she's fine with that, so thats good. Now I just plan on staying home. Have a good day everyone. Janice
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am bouncing between the same 5 pounds during this fall challenge. I really thought I was going to break 190 two weeks ago but instead I went to 193; then I thought I'd definitely get back below the next week, but nope, I hit 195! First I blamed my time of the month, then I blamed sodium and they are both true, but also my calories have been higher. I have been less diligent with office temptations and with choices at dinner and my work outs do not include enough to burn those "temptations" or "dinner options" off.

I need my body and maybe my brain to get comfortable enough to drop lower again. I think I put myself in a bit of a mind sabotage or panic when I had to return my dress at Catherines for being too big. One would think that would be motivational, but I think, somewhere in my silly head, it created a fear. Lots of this weight game is mental for me.

I know I can break this back and forth pattern if I keep moving, logging, and choosing the right things. I have also been very non-committal to any strength training and my Dr. said that is key at this stage. I need to get with that program. My bat wings aren't going to solve themselves.

My cardio work has improved, so I can do 3 miles on some of my mornings. I am trying to do that 3x a week. All in all, I know I'm getting healthier. I even tried a bit of a jog the other day. I did hate it, but I did do it. LOL.

It helps to have a place to post, thanks.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I just lost my post so I will start again.

ENINAD- Don't beat yourself up you are doing fantastic! I have been told I hang on to things including my weight which is
    all mental so I know what you mean. I do Yoga 3 times a week for strength and flexibility. I do cardio on the other days
    and Sunday is my rest day. I am still struggling with my summer weight too and still trying to lose. We can do it, just
    never give up! I like walking better than jogging but I tried it too but it didn't last.

Here is a picture of Isaac.

829gsmj4mlik.png

Shirley
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    He's SO ADORABLE Shirley. Thank you for your support!
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    -Shirley, Isaac is so cute. I know you are one proud grandmother.

-Eniad, You are not alone in this struggle!!! Several of us are certainly
    experiencing a battle but we refuse to give up or give in. Just hang in there!!!

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Nancy-I agree with you it is a battle, I am up 179.2, I need a real strict week to see if I can make a few pounds disappear, but I just haven't done it yet. I have been eating a brownie or 2 a day since Saturday, thank god their almost gone. I had taken some over to the apartment for my neice and everyone to eat to get some out of the house. They are my favorite.

Shirley-Isaac is a cutie, I know you like when you get to see him. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    You guys have been busy today!

Marie..where are you?

Eninad..it's good to see you. Nancy is right..we are in this together and will never give up! I am trying to get where you are!

Shirley..I am praying for a grandbaby as are my son and DIL.

Janice..love brownies..can't eat just one!

Went to the orthopedist today and since the shot did not help, I am getting an MRI next week. She's thinking it's structural because the shot did not help it. It's strange, also, because it's the other knee that has the most arthritis according to the X-ray.

Take care, losers!

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Connie-Its good they are going to do an mri sooner rather than later. Hopefully its nothing major and they can get your knees feeling better. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Jerry and I have been out potting around. looking for pool noodles for a project I am own Been all over town Came home and found some right within a block Of our house So a trip there tomorrow, We even went to another Walmart and forgot were we park our car. its a much bigger Walmart we hardly ever go there For it is about 3 miles from our house. I seen some kind of lifter that I may get So I can get into the tub. and sit down I am so afraid I will fall taking these shower besides it is killing my back. We have rails all around our tub but you never know when you will slip. I have not fallen in over 2 months now.Connie I change the cabbage casserole ingredient up some

Ingredients
    •2 lbs. ground beef-- I used 1 can of pinto bean
    •Salt and pepper or creole seasoning-- I used a big bag of fajita onions peppers and etc. I used the whole bag so its has lots of veggies in it
    •1 onion, chopped-- onions are in the peppers mix
    •1 cup rice, uncooked
    •3 large handfuls of roughly chopped cabbage I buy the chopped cabbage===Added a small can off whole corn drain
    •1 8 oz. can tomato sauce---Also 1/2 cup taco sauce
    •2 cups of water (I just use the tomato sauce can twice)
    •1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, untrained
    •1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)--- I made this Mexican style. next time I make it I will make it Italian style seasoning Chili powder Cumin and garlics
    I eat 1 cup for a comlete meal. But hers look real good. I am a dumper cook

Instructions
    1.Season and brown ground beef and onions. Drain off grease.
    2.Once onions are clear, add rice, cabbage, tomato sauce, 2 cups of water (or use tomato sauce cans) and diced tomatoes. Stir.
    3.Let it come to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and cover to simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is done and cabbage is soft. Do not lift lid before 20 minutes to make sure rice cooks well.
    4.Once cooked, top with cheese and cover with lid to melt a few minutes.

Marie

Notes

You can use a can of Rotel instead of diced tomatoes if you prefer spicy food.

Other recipes you may like:

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Wednesday!

Marie..the casserole recipe looks good! I like cabbage and have not had it for quite sometime.

Not much going on today...it's rainy and warm today and I have done my thing at the gym. My knee has not been as achy these last few days and I am wondering if cutting carbs has helped reducing the inflammation. The scale shows me back down to the last time I recorded here so I am hopeful.

Make it a great day, losers!
    Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

yay connie, that is great! I am back down also, just crazy water weight! I don't think I could cut under 100 g of carbs

marie, casserole looks yummy!!

Shirley, you seem to be very dedicated to exercising!! I am too!

Enidad, marathon not race! it is ok to have a couple of wobbly weeks. keep focused on the big picture!

nancy, how are you?

have a great day losers!!

stephanie