Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie-You must be happy to see it being framed, I'm sure the big plan is to get it under roof before the weather gets to bad. My husband framed houses for many years and also did the trim. He is very good. Now he is doing commercial construction, mainly schools, libraries and firehouses.Can't wait to see more pictures when it gets further along. Glad your knee still feels better.

Marie-That is great, you get to see your son Monday, sounds like he has a fun filled trip.

Hi Nancy, Esther, Stephanie and all the other misfits. Have a good weekend. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    <3 Just to let you know I was passing by

Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    What a year this has been for me and my husband, I went to say hi to my 2 dogs, that I have left, and to my horror our Angel Baby had passed. She was 11 1/2 years old and a beautiful black labrador retriever. If you remember my two oldest labs that were almost 14 died in the Spring. We are heartbroken again. Here is a picture of herfw3pv1vnfnqp.jpg
    She was a puppy from our 1st liter from Princess and a stud dog named Bear with a champion bloodline, but we never bred her. I wish we did now, I would have one of her puppies. Now I just have Cody, he is acting real anxious, now. But when I discovered her dead, he was not barking or anything to tell me something was wrong. We already took her to vet to be cremated, not to be insensitive, just too big to bury in our yard, and afraid something might try to dig her up. Sorry to be a downer again. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Janice, So sorry about your Angel Baby. That's a hard one!!!
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Oh, Janice...so sorry about your fur baby! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your hubs.
    Connie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :):) Today was the line dance Halloween party/class. I wore my pumpkin Halloween costume that I wear every year. Almost all of the 32 students who came wore costumes. We danced ten dances to Halloween theme music (Ghostbusters, Thriller, etc) and had a fabulous time. Before class and at the break people took pictures. One woman asked me to try the great cookies that her neighbor made. I said told her that I don't eat desserts and I don't eat at that time of day. She told me that I had great willpower, but I don't think of it that way, I just have a strategy that works for me.

:)Esther, I am amazed at all you accomplish

:)Connie, how great to have a day without knee pain...nice progress on your house

:) Nancy, thank you for your kind words....routine days are good days

:)Marie, enjoy your visit with your son

:'(:'(Janice, I am sorry to hear about your Angel Baby.....we had our Golden Retriever, Shilo, cremated and have her ashes in a special box in the house.
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,
    Is everyone sleeping in today???
    Looks like a very rainy day for us but no complaints.

Connie, Thanks for sharing your new house pictures. Going to be nice.

Good day for SEC football.

Have a great weekend.

Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

I'm just getting to log on. It's a beautiful sunny day here.

Barbie..you look great and it looks like your fur babies think so, too!

Janice..hope you are doing well today.

Nancy..we are very happy with the progress.

Not much planned for today. I exercised and took the dog for a walk. My knee continues to feel great. God is good.

Have a great weekend, misfits.

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy yes I got up had breakfast and went back to bed

Janice so sorry about Angel Baby I know you are depress over it.

Bobbie you babes Think you are all dress up to take them to a Holloween Party

Connie the right food is the best medication you can have,

Esther good hearing from you.
    Nothing going on here Alice will be out tomorrow to work on my I pad. My granddaughter is posting picture of grayson on I Cloud and trying to open an account with them. So I can see them My Son try to but he did not make it. It was great seeing him yesterday. He and my brother are off fishing Today. Tomorrow they are all off to see the Cowboy game. Jerry and I will be watching it at home or least I will Jerry is not such a football fan
    Then come Monday and Bruce will take me out for my Birthday

love to all.

Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    I did better today, I tried not to cry, my eyes looked terrible today. My daughter , grandson and her boyfriend came over tonight. I got to see him in costume. It was a nice distraction, I gave her a bunch of things she could use in her new duplex, plus 2 pair of boots I had, that were knew I had not worn. She may as well use them, if I am not. They played with Cody, which was good, since he is now lonely. I hope he can adjust to being alone. I can't buy a puppy in the winter, if I do at all. It may be time to end this phase of life we've enjoyed. We'll have to decide our future, we would like to travel more. Janice
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. A few of you commented about not sure how I do what I do. Well here is how I do it. I'm part German part Irish and part blonde Polish. That should explain it all. I'm strong stubborn and dumb enough to keep going. ;) I also own big girl panties that I have offered to share to a few people who couldn't keep up with me and who are in better health that I am. But on another note........

I took Iris trick or treating tonight. Holy cow my legs are killing me!!!!!!!!!!! I walked 4.34 miles today. Less than a mile of that was not Halloween related. And it was all up and down really steep hills. The kind of hills that have the signs for semi trucks to gear down and check brakes steep. Those of you who have been through Ketchikan on the cruise ships know what I'm talking about. These are the hills that they close down in the snow because they are too steep to plow safely. My inner thigh muscles were starting to burn tonight too. But Iris had a blast. I of the policemen that had the street blockaded asked her if she wanted any candy. She said if he wanted to. He poured 3/4 of a bag of candy into her goodie bag!!!!! She has over a half of a Safeway reusable grocery bag full of candy!!!!! Thank God Shaundra was grounded and couldn't go out with her friends tonight. Iris has enough candy to last our whole house for the next few years!!!!!!

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Sunday!

Janice..glad you were somewhat distrated today. Our fur babies mean everything to us. Cooper is our one and only and runs this house! We probably would travel more but I don't want to board him.

Marie..i know you are excited to see your son!

I'm off to church and will check back later! Knee feels great again this morning!

Connie

• CALIECAT
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I was hoping all of my family could get together while Bruce is here But that is out of questions since he has a game to go to.

I have been on facebook looking at all of the grandkids in the costumes. And the rest of the little ones on my feeds. all so cute. We did not have any treaters.that was kill many years ago. with the scsre of people passing out candy with razor blades in the candy bars. times has change Even my grandkids live too far a way to come by.
    Jerry and I went to bed at 8:30Alice will be out to get me on I Cloud so I can see them better. Looking forward to that.even my grandogs has costume on

Here it is Nov. 1st. and the scales took a dropped this morning.to my delight. I have found those Gluten free lean cuisine TV dinner pretty good. along with a salad. one Dinner has spicy beef and mash sweet potatoes. Pretty good/ but most has rice. and chicken But nice to know I have some on hand and don't have to worry about diarrhea. I pick up one of each that they have each week.

Jerry is buzzing around here setting all the clocks back/ so I really don't know what time I got up/
    Yes I am looking forward to seeing more of Bruce tomorrow. last count I had on facebook he has cought 52 fish. Now they have been know to throw them all back in the water if they do not want to mess with them, But If they do keep them they will have them clean But I presume Bruce will want to take tem home with him to put in his freezer.

Have a great day Misfit
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Esther I just read where there is two ocean meet in the gulf of Alaska and do not mixed Could you tell us more about it.Marie very interesting
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Connie-I agree with you on not wanting to board your dog. Before with so many dogs, it would have been crazy expensive anyway. When we had our camper, we would do weekend trips and we paid my neighbors daughter to feed and water them. Her dad always helped her, so we felt comfortable leaving them. Its been a few years since we did any trips, we sold our camper in 2012. We were going to get a newer bigger one, but we decided not to. He wanted another 69 camaro, so we got that.
    Marie-Do you eat fish, I would love a bunch of fresh fish. Maybe he will share with you. I don't clean fish, I really am not into fishing, just eating it.
    We are just hanging out, the race is on, I'm not really paying attention. I dont know what I want to get in to. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie just notice your house is set on on beams Will you have an attach garage. All the new houses here are on contrete slabs/ Of course ours is old and it is set on beams.Nobody on our street has an attach garage. They are old old
  • lovesretirement
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @CALIECAT...Yes, Marie, it's on a foundation. The big open area that you can see with one big space and a smaller space is a three car garage. It is small, though, and my husband's truck will not fit in it. The two cars we have will be on the big side, and my husband's junk like riding mower and other stuff will go on the small side. I think that small garage side is for a golf cart... that's how small is it.

@janiceclark08..if we really want to go somewhere, my daughter can keep him. She works, but doesn't mind keeping him if we ask. We just don't go too much; I guess because we were in the military and have traveled some in the past. I like day or overnight trips best.
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Just checking in and reading your posts.

Been a quiet day for us, church this morning and tonight with football in between.

I certainly understand not wanting to leave your fur baby while on vacation.
    We never left Sissy as long as she was alive. Just went to places we could take her or we didn't go.
    I did not consider getting another and we are free to travel now. She definately ruled the house.

Have a good evening.

Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Monday!

Marie..have a fun day with your son, today!

It's foggy and wet this morning, but I am off to the gym for Aquazumba in a few minutes if the rain lets up. Will check back later!

Connie