Replies

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

-Marie, Your recipe looks good.

-Connie, Glad your knee feels better.

-Steph, I am doing ok. Good to see you.

Exercise and then grocery store for me today.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Connie you should be able to sleep better too.. I am still trying to keep my carb serving to 1 per meal. Its hard sometimes.Especaially with fruit.

Going to make a small pot of potatoe soup for dinner.
    Better get with it.

I order some Paleo protein bars this morning The have lots of fiber. The review in their ads was good.ather pricy tho.jules bakery puts them out Their is a health food store close to me that carries them So I shall see how I like them. since I have never like any that I bought from the store so far.and also on line. have order ugh Way to dry

its good hearing from you all. I will try to be a little bit ore scalable I always get depress around my birthday I will hit85 in a little over 2 weeks. Connie has one coming up too. But she is still young..

Love to All of you
    marie

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :) Marie, sometimes when I call my 92 year old cousin, she asks me how old she is and I tell her and she says that can't be true, she couldn't possibly be that old
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Marie-Please try to stay positive, you are one of the most positive people, always trying to succeed, and not giving up, in losing more weight. Heck most people your age wouldn't even get on the internet. Your on this and participate and facebook. Your always cooking and trying to come upnwith new meal plans, I could only hope to be like you when I'm older. My mother died at 69 yrs old and she abused her body with cigarettes until she died. I know your family has got to be proud of your spirit and determination to live a healthy life. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Thursday!

Marie..I agree with Janice! You are a blessing to all of us, and we can only hope to keep up with technology(and everything else) when we get to be your age. <3 I wish you would tell my knee that I am young!! ;)

November is a difficult month in some ways for me, too...my mother's b-day was the 8th, my daughter's is the 9th which is the day my dad passed away. I feel blessed that I have made it one more year longer than my sister so I am adding that to my positive pile!

I am down 1.8 this morning, I feel lighter, and my knee does not hurt. Marie, I do sleep better!
    Not much planned for today..the attic purge continues and we're almost done!

Make it a great day, losers!
    Connie

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Weight is a big factor in knee problems. I remember my friend Elli who had two knee replacements at the age of 55 and
    succumbed to colon cancer at the age of 57. She said when she was at the hospital that are a lot of overweight people
    there. She never put the two together, God bless her soul. She was very overweight. That is why its so important to
    get to your healthy weight and that is why we are all here motivating each other.

I lost l.4 lbs this week and hope to keep going. Every challenge you join on this site will keep you accountable and help
    with your weight loss.

CONNIE - Since you are dropping weight this week it can only help your knees. Congrats on the weight loss. I hope
    you are pain free soon.

MARIE - My friend, you are not old you are young at heart. <3 I know I am no where near your age but my MIL is and she
    will be 90 in April. She walks on her own and still drives. She amazes me, and she does crossword puzzels everyday to
    keep her mind sharp and it is. We all love you so don't despair on your birthday, embrace it!
    Keep those recipes coming.

JANICE - My SIL died at the age of 67 and I am 66 turning 67 and I worry about it too. We just have to do the best
    we can and try to stay healthy and keep learning how to stay healthy.

Hello to Nancy and Stephanie !

Leaving this afternoon for my daughter's,Kristina, to her apt. and we will be leaving Friday morning going to the Yoga
    Retreat we planned. A 4 hour drive and then a ferry ride over to Wolfe Island. Our topic will be How to Heal Yourself.
    Looking forward to it!

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

-Connie, Congratulations on your weight loss. That's great news!!!
    Keep up the good work.

-Marie, You are such a sweet lady. You have been such an encouragement to all of us.
    Hope I can manage life as well as you do when I am your age.

Have a good day.

Nancy

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie that is great almost 2 lbs. great hearing from you all this morning. Nancy thank you/ Janice you are a blessing.. Barbie and Shirley My long times friends from The golden sneakers that you for sticking with me. Barbie are you better, and Shirley how is the SBD coming along. Your mother in law is a gem. I gave up driving about 3 three years ago. not for my safety but for the other folks on the road. My sight just got to bad. couldn't/t see the other cars coming Jerry is 4 years younger than me and he is a gem to take care of me. But his memory is not so good. I have to tell him how to get to a certain place But then My memory is. not so good any more either / He is still a good driver tho. and he is still My lover boy

See you wonderfuls guys later. we are off to the store

Marie

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie-Congrats on your loss of almost 2 pounds. Glad to hear your knee is feeling better. I have a hard time in December, both of my parents died, three years apart, one in 1997 and the other 2000, and the first part of January my 16 yr. old step daughter was killed in a car wreck in 2010. Over the years I have gotten better, time does seemed to help.
    Shirley- Happy you have a loss this week, have fun on your yoga retreat. My grandma died in her 90's, not sure of her exact age, she lived in another state, she also did crossword puzzles daily to keep her mind sharp. Maybe we all should consider some kind of activity like that to keep us thinking, I like seek and find the words, and word jumbles. I never have been to good at crossword puzzles, unless they are easy.
    Nancy-I think you are very active for your age always helping your husband with all your building projects, I think we all would like to be able to be able to function and interact with well when we get older and enjoy life. Staying active and taking care of ourselves should help later in life. I know me losing 58 pounds has helped me with my moving and ultimately my health. Thats why even though its frustrating sometimes, continuing trying to lose and make good choices will help in the long run.
    Marie-You sound better today, I know getting old is scary sometimes, I am 55, and I have always felt that way about getting old. Thank you for your kind words.My husband is 4 years younger than me, also.

Have a great day, everyone. Hopefully we have a great holiday season, and try to think happy thoughts, and be thankful for the family, we still have and cherish the good memories of those who have passed. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    So sweet, Marie...I know he loves to hear you call him your "lover boy"! <3<3
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    There is no way that number is your real age Marie. The way you participate and strive for more means you are internally much younger in number, so there.

Everybody here is inspiring. I face a birthday in November. I'm a birthday avoider myself, but this year I'm going to have some revelry in New Orleans and I'll fight that weight off when I come home.

I'm trying not to take any of the numbers too seriously.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    you guys have really help me. Thanks
    marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    194904olsgis3xqe.gif There is a lot of research that shows that dancing is a great way to keep your mind and memory active along with your body.

I got a message today that a referral was submitted for me to a doctor about an hour's drive from here for a nerve conduction test to find out more about the pain in my legs. Until then I have a prescription for a drug for nerve pain and ibuprofen so I'm not too uncomfortable. No one has suggested resting and not being active as a remedy so I walk and dance and ride my exercise bike.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washingtont116008.gif

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

146200.png
    “The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach."-- Yutang Lin
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Barbie, Wow such good words for us!!!
    You have lost a ton of weight and you are an inspiration to me.
    Keep up the good work and I hope they find out what is causing your leg pain.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie you have got the right attitude.
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Sorry I have been so quiet lately. I have been SOOOO SWAMPED here at home. I was inundated with nutcracker costume alterations. One dress had to be enlarged by 10 inches!!!!!! Not the easiest task. We (a friend and me) have been working on them together to make the task lighter. Still haven't carved pumpkins for Halloween Oops. Iris has been asking for one. I have been keeping up with the swimming and eating right. The ballet schedule has gotten INSANE!!!! We have Saturday rehearsals now. And we also have Mary Poppins rehearsals on top of the ballet craziness. I am exhausted. And it has only just begun.

I have been readings the posts but I have just been WAY to tired to respond. I will try to get more time set aside for posting.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Friday!

Barbie..those are words to live by!

Esther/Eninad...good to see you!

I'm on my way to the gym for training. No knee pain this morning...unreal...could it really have been the starchy carbs causing most of the inflammation???

I'll check back later when you chicks are up!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My son should be on his way to Texas now.. He
    Will go directly to my brother house to go fishing in the morning then to the Dallas cowboy game then Monday is my day with him some how he needs to go see his son and daugther that lives north of us.
    It's rainy this morning. Maybe they will both be at the game.. I know his son will not so sure about his daughter

Have a nice day
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

-Esther, Don't know how you do what you do???

-Connie, Happy that your knee is better!!! What are you eating on your new plan???

Marie, Have a good visit with your son.

Just a routine kind of day for me.

Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    edited October 2015
    Options
    7kv23r6mptpb.jpeg

This is the progress on the house. I'll try to get a front view as this only one side.