Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Wow the temperature really dropped. Will really have to wrap up tonight for grandson's football game.

-Connie, The soup is really good. I make a huge pot and then freeze some for later. My husband loves
    soup and likes to just get some out of the freezer whenever he feels like eating soup.

Time to get moving.

Nancy
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am really losing ground at the moment with my scale. I know my foods are too high because I am logging them, mostly they are salty and portions are slipping again. I leave for my birthday vacation in New Orleans Monday where I plan to indulge, but I had HOPED to be much lower before leaving so the gain wouldn't be too hard to turn around.

It is what it is.

I'll be back to the boards when I come back from my holiday and I will restart my journey from whatever number I have. I do plan to work out and walk on my vacation to offset the indulgences, but I'm not under any illusions that I'll lose weight while on vacation. Maybe I'll maintain and/or keep the gain to a minimum.

Just wanted to post so you all know why I'm MIA and that I intend to return.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Connie - It sounds you are having a good start to your new diet of anti-inflammation. I have the same thing and Osteo arthritis
    to boot so I always try not to be in pain.

I started my project of cleaning and tidying the house. My closet was first and have 9 bags of clothes to show for it.
    I did the bookcase next and donated some more and got $6 for the books which I didn't expect. Now to continue, our desk
    is next and so on. I thought I was organized but had things from one category all over the house. So the objective is to get
    it to one place after discarding what you don't use it anymore. It will take me a while because I am doing the whole house.
    I read a book on it.

Today I am baking a cake for a party tonight at our sailing club. A wrap up party for the cruising we did, its just a reason
    to have a party. :)

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    All is well here.. Going to be a great day no plans for today.

Marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,
    just checking in....busy weekend here! I was 146.4 this morning which makes me happy but we have a party tonight so I need to really be good! hoping to see a loss this week! hope everyone else is good!! winter is definitely approaching, brrrr!!

Stephanie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Its been an upsetting couple of days, my sister at the nursing home, fell Thursday evening, and broke her hip. She had surgery yesterday, I went up to the hospital, and stayed with her for awhile. I am going up there later today, I have been rotating with my other sister and niece. She is in alot of pain, atleast she is getting her pain medicine to help. She is suppose to be in the hospital thru Monday or Tuesday, then she will go back to the nursing home, I guess, unless they send her back to rehab, hell I don't know, its a crazy cycle she's been on the last 7 months. Its gotten colder her, too. Have a good weekend. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @janiceclark08..hugs for you and your sister..take one day at a time.

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Janice, So sorry for all your set backs with your sister. Y'all need a break!!!

Not any plans for today.

Have a good weekend.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Janice so sorry about your sister. What a bad break. You take care of yourself too.
    <3 Marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Sorry Janice.
    Hope everyone stays warm. We are so fortunate to have warmth!
    <3 Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning misfits
    My plans today
    Watch the Cowboys game
    Make jerry chicken and dumplings for dinner.
    For myself will have a gluten free TV Dinner

Janice thinking of you
    Just <3 t checking in all is well here on the home front. Just not posting much
    <3 Marie

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I did go to the hospital again yesterday, and my neice was just leaving, Linda was sleeping and hadn't eaten for the past 2 days except for a couple bits of applesauce. It was dinner time and my neice didnt order her any supper, but I wanted her to eat, so I ordered some soft foods. When it came I woke her up and I got her to eat, I was so pleased to see her eating something, she can't afford to get any smaller. Today I watched tv with hubby, cleaned some and I walked the dog, it was pretty today, but cool still, and I needed to go to the store for a few things. He was going to work on the car. My older sister was going up to the hospital, and I think my neice. The nurse said she was sleeping earlier and doing okay. I decided to not go today, 3 out of the last 4 days, I have been at the nursing home or the hospital.
    Marie-Chicken and dumplins sound good, I need to make some soon, or get some at the Cracker Barrell, its not far away.
    Connie-How is the house coming along?
    Stephanie-Glad to here your weight is down some, I was 178 Thursday, my lowest is 176.4, I think. Maybe I get back there soon.
    Nancy and Ruthie-I hope your day was a good one, as well as everyone else. Janice

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Janice.....sorry to hear about your sister. Take good care of her. And of yourself. Don't forget to take care of yourself. A lot of times we are focused on others and neglect ourselves.

On a different note hubbys Optirectomy Reversal was a success. (An Optirectomy Reversal is when they connect the optic nerve to the rectal nerve and you have a crappy outlook on life :D ). Actually he had Lasix surgery on Thursday in Seattle. Now he can finally see things my way o:). He loves his new eyes. After 30+ years of contacts and glasses he can finally see without anything!!!!!

I'm doing great. We had a great time catching up with a couple friends while we were down. On Wednesday night we took a friend who is a veteran out to dinner. We picked Wednesday because it for best into our schedule but we went to Applebee's where he ate for free because he was a vet. We sat there for over 3 hours and visited. It really was a great night. And then Friday after his follow-up appointment we met up with the woman who was his fathers caregiver when he had cancer and her hubby. We treated them to brunch. We had a great visit with them as well. Then we had a 36 hour ferry ride home. It was an awesome trip. I am now recharged after busting a butt with Mary Poppins.

Esther
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

janice, so sorry to hear about your sister, she just can't seem to catch a break:( I'm glad she had something to eat, hopefully she will continue to improve.

we had a party last night and i did ok, not great:( i had a little sushi and tried to stay away from carbs during dinner but some stuff was fried. it was GOOD! i had a couple bites of the dessert and brought a quest bar with and ate that. on the way out, they offered bags of popcorn, there was about 6 different flavors to choose from, i should have passed that up but i didn't. i was eating caramel corn and birthday cake flavored popcorn on our way home at 11:30. i was tempted to go to the gym this morning but i didn't because sunday is my day off. hoping the damage isn't that bad.....today just busy doing stuff around my house. we are planning a big event that is on december 5, that is what got me started here. i would like to be at my goal but happy to be about 10lbs down. i decided when i turned 40 that i would no longer berate myself and just forgive myself and move on:) hope everyone had a great day!!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Connie where are Are you. .?

Steph we are glad you joined wih usIt does not seem it's been amost I a year I will be here 8 years. The 8 On <3 . Not on this site but on MFP. Been a pleasure too <

Marie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Monday!

Marie...right here...just didn't post yesterday.
    Janice...the house is coming right along. Hopefully, the roof will get on this week. We walked through it yesterday; even though the drywall is not in, it was easy to see the rooms. Hope your sis recovering.
    Steph...you got this!

I'm going to continue the purge today as I've been kind of lazy these last few days. Weight is holding and the knee is fine. I go to the orthopedist Wednesday. Chilly and sunny here and great for getting the dog out for a good walk.

Stay strong, losers!
    Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

Beautiful day but they say it will begin to get nasty later today and tomorrow.

Going to do my exercise and then to Sam's later.

Have a good day.

Nancy

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Connie-Glad to hear house is coming along, thats good roof is going on this week. Builders like houses under roof, before winter weather sets in. It flying along, when is your tentative done date. Our house was built in 3 months, but its not real big. Its 20 years ago Thanksgiving weekend that we moved in the house, we signed contract Labor Day weekend to build it, that was the first time we had even looked at building a house and we dove in, my ex husbands mother was building here up the street.

I have hung around house today cooking and doing laundry, and bill paying, its cool and rainy here , and suppose to rain tommorrow. Well gotta run my oven timer is going off. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Quite Atom we had early this moning All ok here . No damage
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning Friends,

Sunday was our concert opening of the Performing Arts Center. Our accompanist on the piano did not show up so our
    conductor had to play the piano and one of our soloist singers conducted. It was a challenge but we went on with the show.
    The massed choir at the end with all 6 choirs over 300 voices was awesome! It was a great day! I guess we find out
    what happened to him tonight at our practice which is tonight.

Now back to reality. I am still purging the house and getting rid of things. My hubby cut up the carpeting downstairs and
    wanted to fix the sub floor and realized the previous owners used 1/4 in plywood which is too thin. So he is planning
    on adding another layer before the carpet get puts down on Wednesday. We also want to repaint the livingroom and
    remove the walllpaper on one wall and paint that too. That may come later. So all furniture is everywhere now.

Today is a doctor apt. and choir practice tonight. I am planning on a walk today it is so nice out.

JANICE - So sorry to hear about your sister again having problems. She has sure has a long road to recovery. Keep
    yourself healthy so you can take care of her. <3

Esther - Glad to hear your hubby had a successful surgery on his eyes and he can look at you very clear now. :)

Connie - Your house is humming along you must be happy. Good luck at the doctor's.

Hi to Nancy, Marie, Stephanie

Shirley