Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) I have had pain and tingling in my legs since about the time the chiropractor was adjusting my back....my primary care doctor referred me for a nerve conduction test...the test is this afternoon.....I have been in a lot of pain and have been taking a prescription med and an over the counter that has allowed me to sleep, walk the dogs, and dance, but that is not a long term solution...I'll let you know what the test reveals and what's next as soon as I know.

:)Connie, I agree with you and am not a believer in surgery and I've yet to have to have a surgery but who knows what life will bring.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Barbie let us know the outcome
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi misfits,

Been cooking all morning. Pumpkin bread, sweet potato pie, chicken rice soup and vegetable soup with chicken.
    Will be taking all this food to family.

Hubby says he loves the smell of all the cooking going on!!!
    Beautiful day and I am so thankful and so blessed!!!

So much craziness going on. Two ladies shot in Jackson last night, one was getting gas, the other walking from motel to restaurant. The dude drives up to gas station gets out shoots the lady, drives a few miles and shoots another lady and runs over another person as he is getting away. He took nothing from either person. Both fatalities were in their late forties. So sad to see such senseless things going on for no reason. All three were from out of town, so sad. Praying for all involved. This world needs Jesus in a desperate way.

Have a great weekend.

Nancy

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @eyegirl777va ... I love pumpkin bread...well, any bread, actually! So sad about those ladies! People are just so crazy and yes, Jesus is definitely needed in our current society.

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I wanted to tell everyone, my sister is doing better and has been moved back to the nursing home. That is so sad about those ladies, some people have no respect for life or anyone. As far as bread, my husband is going to make yeast rolls, on Thanksgiving. I never learned how to use the bread machine, when he was laid off years ago, for learned and made different breads, while I was working. It was more for him anyway, he's the big bread eater. Today I walked the dog alot and have gotten over 5 miles so far today, its turner colder this weekend, so I decided to walk today, while it wasn't too cold. Gotta go, I'll see you all later. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note before relaxing. Our carpet is in and it looks fabulous very
    plush and feels like walking on a cloud. We still have to remove wallpaper and
    paint yet but that will wait until we return from our trip to Michigan. My
    hubby has been very busy lately he needs a rest. Our trip will be with friends
    and their family it should be fun.

I had my first session of TM today and it was pretty amazing. I have never
    gone that deep in meditation and felt so relaxed. It felt like a full body massage
    and very refreshed afterwards. I go tomorrow for session 2.

Nancy - My MIL has CLL and has for years. She did end up in the hospital
    2 summers ago but is doing much better now and is seeing an oncologist
    every 3 months who is keeping tabs on her statistics. She is 89 and has
    had for over 10 years now.

Have a good night everyone.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I have had pain and tingling in my legs since about the time the chiropractor was adjusting my back....my primary care doctor referred me for a nerve conduction test...the test is this afternoon.....I have been in a lot of pain and have been taking a prescription med and an over the counter that has allowed me to sleep, walk the dogs, and dance, but that is not a long term solution...I'll let you know what the test reveals and what's next as soon as I know.

:)Connie, I agree with you and am not a believer in surgery and I've yet to have to have a surgery but who knows what life will bring.

<3 Barbie

Hope your news is good, Barbie. Could it have been something relating to that last adjustment?

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Be thinking of you Barbie hope you get good news today.

Good morning misfit....... Oh that wind is howling this morning. You would think it was March.

No plans today. Just a relaxing day. .will try to throw me some soup together

Have a great day
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) Yesterday afternoon was spent going for the nerve conduction test. It's an hour drive to the doctor's office, but we have to cross a bridge that is frequently opened to allow marine traffic through and there can be a 60 minute wait so we have to allow extra time. We did have to wait at the bridge but still got to the doctor's office 35 minutes early. He was a very pleasant man. I talked to him about the pain and tingling in my legs and he did some simple tests to see how it affected my mobility. Then he did the nerve conduction test that included lots of pin pricks, little shocks and pokes that he described as like acupuncture needles. The whole appointment took about 90 minutes. He found some nerves that weren't working right and a lot of nerves and all my muscles that were working. He'll send the results to my primary care doctor for her to decide what to do next. So I still don't have any relief, but I'm farther along the path to finding a solution.

:)Connie, I don't think it had anything to do with the chiropractor's adjustments, it was just that because I was focused on the back pain, I thought these other symptoms were part of it.....they just showed up about the same time.

:)Janice, I'm glad that things are better for your sister

:) We have no plans for Thanksgiving so we decided that our festive meal at Red Lobster yesterday after seeing the doctor would be our official Thanksgiving meal and that we wouldn't cook anything special on Thursday....we are grateful every day so we don't need a special holiday for it.

<3 Barbie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

Marie..soup sounds good!
    Barbie..hoping you get some relief soon.
    Janice..so glad things are better for your sis.

It's chilly but sunny today. Cooper was up early wanting to go out so we had a brisk walk around 7 this morning. :s I'm going to fix steamed cabbage today with sliced smoked sausage thrown in. We are not having anything too special Thursday as son will be out of town with his wife's family and my daughter will join us for dinner. I'm fixing BBQ baby back ribs and will also have a small ham (per hubby's request) and veggies. I am looking forward to eating something "different" from my regular boring foods. Not baking anything but will pick up one pie for dessert.

We were able to walk through the house to make sure outlets, cable, and phone jacks were marked correctly for placement. We also took a tape measure so we could get an idea where our furniture will go. The plumbers were there putting the pipes and tubs/showers in so it's coming along nicely. The shingles are there but the roofers had not started yet. I really need to continue purging this one..I have not been concentrating on that lately...just lazy, I guess. :)

Make it a great day, losers!
    Connie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie you will be moving in before you know it. sounds greatThe whole family is going out to eat tomorrow for thanksgiving. Alice is going out of town for Thanksgiving.
    Marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one not having a huge thanksgiving meal with family.

It will be the four of us. I still cook the traditional meal to make it special.

Years ago we always hosted a family dinner but now that both of my parents have passed and other family is scattered all over the world, we get together other times of the year instead of at the busy travel holidays. In fact last year, my family visited us in Europe and we spent thanksgiving in Budapest. I'm glad we spent our 7 months in Europe last year rather than now. Scary times for them.

I miss the big get together soon and hope that when my kids do have families of their own that they will all come to us for holidays and special occasions. Oh who am I kidding, I hope they are near me and visit regularly <3

I'm not planning to indulge so should be on track through the holidays.

Have a safe and happy Saturday!
    Ruthie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif

It has been three months since I did any weight training. First it was my back, and I was totally unable to do any lifting at all (except maybe lifting some 5 pound weights overhead while seated). When my back healed, I was so consumed with the pain and tingling in my legs and the struggle to walk the dogs and dance, that I didn't even think about doing something with my weights. Something that I read on MFP inspired me to take the time to see what part of my old routine I could do. This morning I went back to my own variation of Strong Lifts 5x5 and did my day one part of the program using lighter weights and doing the overhead press seated. The weights I used were lighter than what I had been using so I didn't get to use my new weights but I have high hopes that I'll be able to increase the weights soon and get to use my new dumbbells.

t31060.gif Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Misfit been out for Thanksgiven dinner with the family Very nice. but I am pooped Too much for this old granny

good to hear from you Ruthie
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Sorry I haven't posted in what feels like forever. It has been so very crazy here. Between dancing and costume repairs and school and swimming. I have not been able to stay awake to read posts. Today Shaundra and the rest of the ballerinas did a Readers Digest condensed version of the Nutcracker at our library. Here is a pic of the dancers. Not many people get to watch the ballet with the backdrop we have from our library. uggmi5ew1aoa.jpeg

Not the best pics but the backdrop is gorgeous. I had a hard time watching the dancers because the view was amazing. Shaundra is in the maroon and pink. She is the blondest one.

Esther
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Here is another pic of the dancers. 650ezzrtw2au.jpeg

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Esther..that's a gorgeous view!
    Marie..so glad you had a wonderful family dinner! Where did you guys go?
    Barbie..so happy you are back to lifting!

It's chilly this morning but I will not complain...the sun is out and I am blessed with another day! The dog has been walked, and I am getting ready to go to the gym for Aquazumba. Will have lunch with friends this afternoon.

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Esther what a view and the dancer looks wonderful. I stil have not pin point your daughter but they all looks nice thanks for sharing.
  • CALIECAT
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey afternoon.
    Would you believe jerry is still messing wih our pluming. Our grandson di not get it fix. I am so tire of the mess. I threaten to call a plumber in. But Jerry said wait he thinks he is on to it. About we shall see.

Esther amazing picture beatiful view too. Thanks for sharing

Barbie hope you find some relief for your pain I have learn to live with mine for over 25 years all the help I get is pain pills and I am not going that route.

Love Marie

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Esther what a view and the dancer looks wonderful. I stil have not pin point your daughter but they all looks nice thanks for sharing.

They do all look the same. But mine is the one on the right. With her hair back in a bun she almost looks bald ;)

Esther