Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Just checking in. Have exercised, walked the dog and had breakfast. Having lunch with friends today and will run errands after that. It's a beautiful day today.

Stay strong, misfits!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning to everyone,

Dang, My recumbent bike is on the blink!!! Had to take it in for repair, only 10 months old!!!

Looks like we are in for some bad weather today and tonight.

Marie, Glad you are ok.

Shirley, Sounds like you are having fun with the choir. You are one busy lady.

Nancy

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi there all,

hope everyone is staying on track this week!! crazy week with the holiday coming up! I usually have it but not this year, thank god!! so many people and so much work. it is my little guys 13th bday on Friday, November 27! I cant believe my baby is growing up:(

hope everyone had a good day!! had healthy version of a taco sald for dinner and it was carb free and delicious!!

stephanie
  • lovesretirement
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

I began the day kinda depressed about no movement on the scale, but once I worked out with trainer, I was okay as I struggled to put things in perspective.

It's been nearly a year and I have pretty much met my goals that I set out to achieve last year. I am stronger, my endurance is better, and my overall health has improved. I have lost 22 pounds as a benefit of my meeting those goals. I cannot complain so I won't.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement... I appreciate it!

Stay strong, losers!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Connie you have done a fabulous job

Hello Everyone Beautiful sun shinning day Here in Texas Woke up feeling great this. morning do have a wonderful day .
    <3 marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Connie, so glad you are holding strong with your weight and endurance and all things new with the new house. All good stuff!

I had Yoga class today and the carpet guy is here finishing up the rec room carpeting. We still have to put all the furniture
    back and dust everything and sweep and vacuum.

I start my TM session (transcendental meditation) on Friday morning for 2 hours and then Sat, Sun and Monday the same.
    I had a doctor apt yesterday and my blood pressure was up a bit so I am looking forward to this process. It has been a stressful month so far. This is supposed to help with a lot of health things.

I am still tidying the house I pretty much finished the upstairs, all closets, cupboards and cabinets. I am following the
    book THE LIFE CHANGING MAGIC OF TIDYING UP by Marie Kondo. When our downstairs is back to normal I will start
    the laundryroom cabinet and the many shelves in our basement.

Another warmish day but I guess it will change as of tonight.

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Marie-Your weather sounds great, it is pouring here, and has been all day. It is suppose to turn cold again and this weekend, some snow flurries are expected. I like to hibernate when winter hits.
    Shirley-I need to see what else I need to clean or organize, I have some files to go thru, I am sure I'll find some more to clean out. That books sounds interesting.
    Connie-You have achieved alot this year, next year should be even better, now that you know your body better.
    Steph-Children grow up so fast, enjoy them while you can. My little boy is 33 years old, hard to believe, his little boy, my oldest grandson, is now 12 years old. My daughter is 28 years old. Your taco salad sounds good, I eat them sometimes and I try to keep the calories and carbs down, too.
    Gotta run, I will check back later. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Survived the night of bad weather without any damage, 4 inches of rain.

Sitting with hubby as he receives IV Immune Globuelin for his compromised Immune System from CLL. Will take 4-6 hours.

Connie, You have been such a strong link for this group. You have achieved so much as you said and have been strong and a great encourager for all of us!!!

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    we were bless the day Connie join us

Nancy how often does your hubby have to do that?
    xoxo Marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Shirley..you are getting a lot done in a short amount of time! That in itself can be stressful!
    Janice..we got rain last night and it's supposed to get a lot colder.
    Steph..Janice is so right..enjoy this time because it goes so fast. My oldest turned 39 last week and my youngest will be 33 in Feb. Where did the time go??
    Nancy...hope your hubs feels better soon. Does he have a lot of side effects from it?

I went to the knee doc yesterday. She says I have tears in my meniscus and that she can do an arthroscopic procedure to repair. She also says it will not heal on its own. There was not a lot of explanation of the procedure so I have to do some research myself. I told her that my pain is being managed through my diet and that I would think about it. Once I said that, it seemed that my time was up..kinda felt rushed. I need to remember that this is how they make their money..through surgery and since I was not agreeing to that, no sense wasting time on me. She did say that my MRI would be good for 6 months and she wants to see me in January. So time will tell. My gut says no.

It's rainy today but I have errands to run..pick up some things for next week and try to beat the crowds. Make it a great day losers!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Misfit.
    Cold weather is heading our way. it is that time of the year. I see fa. Had rough weather.
    Connie thanks for your update on your knee. I know our diet has a lott to.I am a good example of that wheat effect my system and And carbs controlled my blood sugar And now it is controlling your pain. Was you aware of this when you first went. On this lower cabs diet?

I go to the doctor this morning to see about. My. Kidney count
    Have a great day.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @CALIECAT..no, Marie, I had no idea that low carb would reduce the pain and inflammation. I started it in an attempt lose weight faster. After the first day, I noticed lesser knee pain and as the days went on, no pain at all. It still aches occasionally but nothing like the pain I had. No more pain meds, just a Tylenol every now and then.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    That's wonderful Connie. heard food is the best drug I got back from the doctor and my kidneys doing much better but came down with another prob.lens I was drinking too much water and got. My sodium all out of whack . So now she cut my water way down. So just drinking between 40 oz yo 60 a day and my Tea and coffee count. Make me wonder what a person yo do
    Marie

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Marie..Glad your kidneys are doing better. Sometimes drinking too much water drains all your electrolytes out like sodium, magnesium, and potassium. I keep no sugar added Gatorade on hand to replenish them since I am doing the low carb and drinking lots.

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Hi to everyone,

-Connie, Fortunately Ben has only had a few side effects until recently. He has kept a sinus problem for a long time and very low energy level.
    His Oncologist decided it was time to try to boost his immune system. His WBC is 52,000 right now so he has about 0 chance of fighting any
    infection.
    -I had the meniscus problem after squatting while doing some cleaning. My Sports Medicine Dr. and I decided to take the wait and see approach
    and now a year later I have no problem with the knee. No steroids, just no treadmill and no stair climbing for a few months. PTL!!!

-Marie, This was the first time for this treatment.
    Hope your doctors appointment went well.

Have a good night,

Nancy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) I lost track of this thread for awhile and just found it again and bookmarked it so I can find it again with my other threads.

:) I go tomorrow for a nerve conduction test that will possibly figure out the cause of the pain and tingling in my legs.

<3 Barbie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Connie. I have had 6 scopes on my knees. Basically it is a roto-rooter in your knee. They make 3 small incisions. Maybe about an inch each. Kinda like a bowling ball. One hole has a light in it. One hole has a vacuum cleaner in it. And the other hole has the hedge clippers. This is how it was explained to me when I had the first one at 16. My first one was severely painful but keep in mind my knee was frozen in place for 4 days and all my muscles were in a permanent Charlie horse for those same 4 days. The other 5 were cake walks as far as pain. The last one I had was Christmas Eve 2007. I was discharged at 10:45. At church at 5:15. Home setting the table without crutches and eating dinner at 7:15. Everyone thought I was crazy to do it Christmas Eve but it was the only way I could have 2 weeks recovery before I went back to driving school bus. My boss thought I was crazy to be back in 2 weeks but it was no problem. Hopefully you can find some answers. If you have any question feel free to ask and I will try to answer.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

Nancy/Esther...thanks so much for the info! I think I am going to pass as long as my pain is managed through diet. I do have some arthritis in that knee. Cutting the meniscus over repairing it makes the arthritis worse. I'm just going to wait and watch. I'll still continue exercising with no heavy pressure on my knees but still work to strengthen the quads and surrounding muscles.

Barbie.. Good to see you!
    Nancy...hang in!

No knee pain this morning and have already walked the dog. On my way to the gym for training and Aquazumba! Gonna run errands after because I am energized (and blessed) beyond measure this morning!

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone!!

it is getting chilly here and we have a winter storm advisory tonight, 7-10 inches of snow! not really ready for that! just had a bowl of oatmeal and some eggwhites and off to strength training. really want to see a movie this weekend, maybe the new james bond one:) hope everyone has a nice weekend! so happy I'm not having the holiday next week, usually have at least 30 people!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning misfit. Had a good nite sleep
    We are going to go grocer shopping this morning . Hope I can find something good to eat. They have blackberries on sale so that will be a treat
    Barbie so glad to see you here . Missed you
    Hi Esther and Nancy and Connie

Janice hope things are doing fine wih your sister

Love Marie