The New Water Cooler

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,344 Member
    I'm here. Difficult pecking with left hand.
    Long week. Rainy and foggy here. Hwys flooding. Some road closures.
    I'll write more when I have two hands.

Spring will arrive soon.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,800 Member
    Hope you are feeling better every day

Pray for Nebraska. There is countless devastation
  • jrbanta
    Lots of flooding and high winds? Stay safe.
    Friend came to visit me today. Nice to visit with her. She's coming over Monday to help me pack.
    Suppose to warm up next week. Would be nice to see snow melt slowly.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    So much flooding. Most towns have turned into islands all routes flooded. We couldn’t get to any other cities if we had to. Countless bridges have been swept away. Rescues have to be done by helicopter. Homes businesses livestock and livelihood s are gone. A local farmer was called to rescue someone stranded and was washed away when the bridge he was on collapsed. Dams destroyed levy’s breeches. It’s horrendous
  • mizpaden74
    The water is starting to recede but the terrible is far from over. Major roads are destroyed. Livestock are drowning and starving bc they can’t be reached. Resources are becoming scarce. We are still safe but I am still terrified. Please continue to pray for Nebraska.

I hope you are feeling better every day too

Hugs
  • mizpaden74
    edited March 2019
    they have opened one lane - one way at a time (it's usually four lanes) at the south end of town - the wait is up to two and a half hours for people to cross the river and get into or out of town going south after four and a half days.

People are trying to come back to work, get supplies, everything is hard.
  • jrbanta
    It all is so devastating. Such danger and loss. Mother nature's wrath gets worse every year. Stay safe. Praying for you and NE.

Doctor tomorrow. Hope cast comes off. David and Chantrelle arrive tonight.

My friend helped me pack today. Lots done. Will continue on Wednesday.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Good luck with the doctors appointment - hope you are feeling better every day.

Hello to the newlyweds!

Hugs
  • mizpaden74
    loss is already estimated over 1.4 billion - and the flooding isn't out of Nebraska yet - still major events taking place more south and the devastation rolls through - many people haven't even been back to their places. I'm guessing at least 2 billion - though how do you place a cost on the a life or the loss of your livelihood?

Hope your healing is going well and you are feeling stronger everyday!

Hugs.
  • jrbanta
    Cast off and wearing a molded removable splint. I can shower without a plastic bag. Sutures look awful! Stitches come out Tuesday. I'm doing hand therapy exercises at home and will see OT again on 4/1. I drove Chantrelle and I to pedicures yesterday. Nice to have some normalcy. Dave and Chantrelle left to see his Dad. Hope to see them next Fall. Going to breakfast with friend this morning. More packing by myself this afternoon. Weather in 30's-40's with sun. 50's by tomorrow.

Gotta go.
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Normal life plugs along - golf tournament yesterday. Zach was so excited to get out - even though they hadn't had one practice due to weather. And he had to most awful round. They ended up using the alternates score because his was so high. I am crushed for him. This is really going to get in his head. I hope not. I hope he has some kick butt practices and smokes next weeks tourney -
  • jrbanta
    Sorry for Z. How's he doing?

Linen closets and one bathroom packed. Next, our room and kitchen. Clear some stuff in basement next weekend.

Work tomorrow.
    Hand hurts so more later.

Jenny
  • jrbanta
    Work went ok. Wrote with left hand. Stitches out tomorrow.

Tired.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    my post from last night didn't go - something is wrong with my cat Roxy - she has barely moved for a couple of days - and not eating - she is at the vet today - Zach cried last night because she is his baby. None of us are ready to have to go through another death. With all the tragedy going on around, I should be (and am) grateful - but still selfish enough to want it all - want my cat to be ok and my kids to not have to deal with another loss
  • mizpaden74
    I'm so relieved that our cat seems like she should be ok - home after the day at the vet yesterday. She has a bladder infection and had an abscess on her back leg. She has super long fluffy hair - so we never see her skin area. I hope she recovers easily.

Zach is back at another tourney - he just texted me his score so he is feeling better about his play - 96 - not outstanding - but MUCH better than Friday. I'm glad he is getting in groove. Hopefully he keeps in the school groove too.

I am bursting with pride for the Caleb - got the invitation for his recognition at being in the Top 10% of his class for first semester. "CHEST PUFFED UP" - He's off to a fantastic start. He signed up for honors geometry, honors chemistry and honors English next year. I keep reminding him he will be adding much more homework with those classes. Not that he can't do it - there just will be a huge jump in expectations - there aren't any advanced classes for freshman anymore - it's weird - so going into three of them might blow his mind some. Enjoying the moment.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Hi. Remember me? Trying to get back at this. Got on the scales and wanted to cry when I saw how high the number was. Clothes are so tight on me. I'm turning 40 in 3 months and I want to defy what one person in my church keeps telling me that it just gets harder and I won't loose the middle!

I'm trying to be consistent to get back into running. I've been out twice this week and plan on going out tonight - despite the home opener of the Jays game happening as I get home from work! (I have no TV to watch it anyway, I can only listen.)

I've been good for 4 days in a row with logging, weighing and measuring my food. I'm feeling like I do when I start getting back at it and then quit as I can't maintain it - I'm feeling like I need to eat, but I don't need to eat. I just WANT to eat. I'm used to snacking at work - all unhealthy food. It doesn't help there's a drug store beside my work full of unhealthy junk food! If only I was close to a grocery store to get some fresh fruit and/or veggies!

I need help to stay motivated. Hopefully I can remember to come on here and get motivation.
  • mizpaden74
    Hi Ang. As you can see by looking we have had a lot going in here! Historic devastating flooding where I am, along with all the 'normal' daily stresses. Jenny had surgery and is preparing to move!

How are doing Jenny? Are you feeling like the surgery was worth it? Or still to sore to know? Hope day by day you are improving!

Aaaaaannnnddd it's supposed to snow today. For heaven's sake.
  • jrbanta
    Hi I'm here. Sorry I've had a tiring week with using one hand, trying to drive and write with my left hand. Injured my left hand Thursday morning when picking up my work bag. Fingers got pulled and caught in handle. Progressively swelling...I stayed home today because I couldnt drive. Sutures are healing but lots of pain, itching and stiffness. Hope it's worth it in end.

Congrats to Caleb and Zach. Glad kitty is better.

Hi Ang. It's great you are still running. Treats challenge me too. Can you pack healthy snacks?

Jenny
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Ugh Staying on my calorie goal for the day is hard when it's a rest day! Though since I'm currently seeing a +13 for the temperature, I think I'll walk to choir practice! I need to get out and enjoy this weather! Rain in the forest for a few days this week with a chance of flurries. I hope not! It's spring! Just the rain please. Though I had to toss my favorite rain boots, they got a crack in them. I have a shorter pair, but the problem with those ones is my pants, especially my dress pants, don't stay tucked into them.

I got in 14km of running last week. That's only 3k less then what I ran in January and February combined. Total of 28k for the month. I need to get back going to the gym and use the curcuit machines for weight training. I really need to work on my strengthening my core and loosing a few inches. It will help me improve as a runner!

Jenny - Trying to pack healthy snacks. I just need to come up with ideas that I like and will work for me.

• mizpaden74
    Dear J - sorry your recovery hit a bump and is slowing. I hope after a restful you feel better.

Take it easy!!

Oh the days are racing away and graduation rushes closer!