What does your low carb meals look like??

Replies

• tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    This is the best thread ever, I am getting lots of ideas here, my problem is I was beginning to eat a lot of the same old same old, ie cook for family and just eat the meats, .
  • nomochi4mimi
    nomochi4mimi Posts: 8 Member
    How did u do the chicken?

I salt and peppered the chicken and then seared it on med-high with some olive oil. After it gets a nice color, I add a tablespoon or two of G. Hughe's sugar-free bbq sauce, any bbq sauce will do really. Everything is then tossed around in the pan until the sauce caramelizes for that bbq flavor :)
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Left overs, grilled steak, roasted shrimp and house saladc9p16y3ogaib.jpg
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    z4ohnp0ec5dd.jpg

Taco bowl ♥ Ground beef, salsa, full fat sour cream, cheese, onions, green onions and garlic.
    350cals Protein 28g Net carbs 8g Fat 22g

Sometimes I add tomatoes too!

a35dtwk88s8g.jpg

Banana pancake : Half a banana and one egg mixed well fried in coconut oil then topped with peanut butter, whipped cream and two sliced strawberries.
    298cals Protein 11g Net carbs 20g Fat 17g

This is for when I eat moderate low carbs (then I have around 40-60g net carbs per day). That would be all of the fruits I'd eat in a day though.
  • ettaterrell
    xmarye wrote: »

a35dtwk88s8g.jpg

Banana pancake : Half a banana and one egg mixed well fried in coconut oil then topped with peanut butter, whipped cream and two sliced strawberries.
    298cals Protein 11g Net carbs 20g Fat 17g

This is for when I eat moderate low carbs (then I have around 40-60g net carbs per day). That would be all of the fruits I'd eat in a day though.

What??? I never heard of such!!! When I start eating carbs again I'll be all over this!!! Thanks
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    seriously yummy and creative ideas! @JodehFoster, WHAT IS YOUR ADDRESS? I'll be over for DINNER!!! you got me at Gruyère.
  • ettaterrell
    Steak and a salad again tonight.... I can't help it I love steak and salad lolbk3oxh180ov9.jpg
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    @ettaterrell , no apologies needed...I could eat a steak and salad like that every day! Yummy Low cal delish-ciousness!! Everyone's food looks awesome!!

• CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Love all these great ideas!
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    0az75cikxlmh.jpeg

Toasted keto mug bread with butter, eggs and leftover chicken from last night's "nachos".
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Steak and a salad again tonight.... I can't help it I love steak and salad lolbk3oxh180ov9.jpg

YUM!! I so want to buy a steak tonight!! I'm stopping at Costco after work for some lettuce. I think I should have a looksee at their meat case too!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    *Drooling* A lot of great ideas!!! I just finished a breakfast of 8 oz shredded cabbage with 1 oz red onion sautéed in 1.5 tbsp bacon fat, with 1 oz freshly cooked and drained bacon diced up in it. SO good and a refreshing change from my usual breakfast of eggs cooked with bacon,onion,spinach,cheese. Now I need to learn to post pictures... sharing is caring ;-)
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    lynder64 wrote: »
    *Drooling* A lot of great ideas!!! I just finished a breakfast of 8 oz shredded cabbage with 1 oz red onion sautéed in 1.5 tbsp bacon fat, with 1 oz freshly cooked and drained bacon diced up in it. SO good and a refreshing change from my usual breakfast of eggs cooked with bacon,onion,spinach,cheese. Now I need to learn to post pictures... sharing is caring ;-)

Yum this sounds good!!
  • ettaterrell
    edited November 2015
    I finally cooked something different today! Sautéed shrimp in butter and garlic salt on a bed of raw spinach with avacodo.

7avsy1fkpebx.jpg
  • fattyho68
    fattyho68 Posts: 7 Member
    edited November 2015
    Love this discussion. Gave me lots of ideas
  • ettaterrell
    Bacon cheese stuffed mushrooms yummy good! Here's recipe:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/bacon-and-cheese-stuffed-portobello-mushrooms-465366

cl6hc3s47esj.jpg
    7gfcuo77xkth.jpg
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Tokyoites and visitors: I just found an imported American beef lunch place in Higashi-Ginza, called Ikinari Steak. It is a chain. Paid 1300 yen (about $11) for this Angus beef (300 grams):

h9r12yv3ydnu.jpg

It came with a cup of beef broth (with bits of beef, onion and carrot in the bottom), a small salad, white rice and yellow corn. Ate the corn and some of the rice. Heaven! I will be eating here often. Notice the line of English below the condiments, warning about not leaving your valuables... attended. :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Where is that LIKE BUTTON!! These are great! @camtosh, you realise the corn is a high carb vegetable, don't you? Just checking to be sure. They have definitely "Americanized that meal, lol! The steak looks delicious though! :smiley: