Linds OMAD thread

Options

Replies

• Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Still here, just not much to post. Been keeping busy getting the chickens started for spring, doing the home made Easter candy and of course trying not to eat it all.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Part of being small means we will occasionally have our lulls of inactivity. I appreciate everyone checking in as they do. Before long here, we'll pick back up.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    This group is more active than many, though. And it is always the one I go to first.
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Busy weekend ahead with the holiday, work and homestead. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Got through the weekend and while I've been posting on the other thread I completely forgot to post my results. 145.4! Down 1.5lbs
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Cheddar bacon ranch chicken with a salad tonight for dinner. I did have some dessert as well, chocolate peanut butter brownie with whip cream. I snacked during the day so not so great in the omad Dept, however, I really can't remember the last time I ate out of my window so I guess we'll call it a cheat day and be done with it. I've been doing low carbs for the last couple of weeks and today not only was I over my calories, I was at the 100g carb mark (I've been trying to keep it close to 20-30.). I experimented with a recipe using ingredients I have barely ever heard of before (coconut flour and almond flour) and I had fun doing it. So I decided it was a good day regardless of what mfp says.

Had my mother and little brother (guess he's not so little he's gonna be 19 soon) over for dinner. They enjoyed being with the chicks and feeding the goat. My brother is autistic and really loves animals so he kept the dogs and cat busy. I love seeing him happy, he has such a huge heart. He even willingly ate the dinner I made which is surprising since he only really eats 4 or 5 things.

Tonight I am feeling really grateful for all of the good things I have in life. A wonderful husband, a beautiful healthy little girl, a saint of a mother, an amazing brother, the ability to provide for my family, really the list goes on and on. Regardless of who or what you believe in, I can say that I have been blessed.

Have a great night everyone!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Thank you newmeadow. I was just sitting back and thinking about my day and it just hit me.

Today I made mashed cauliflower for the first time. It turned out decent. I did add too much roasted garlic for my taste but of coarse my husband said he couldn't taste the garlic at all. Also had salad and burger with provolone cheese and bacon (just no bun).

Getting ready to do my end of the month post in a couple of days and I am feeling pretty good about the loss part, crushed my goal plus some. We will see on Friday what the final outcome is.

Have a great night everyone.
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Stayed the same on the scale so pretty pleased with that. I do realize that being with in 10 lbs of my goal things may slow down a bit. Plus I've been eating closer to maintenance the last couple of days.

Monthly update.
    Finished the month at 145.4 which is a loss of 7.4 lbs for the month ( goal was to lose 5lbs)and down 26 lbs since the first of the year. The goal I did fail at is an average 3 times in the gym each week, not mad about it just need to get my butt in gear on that front.

Goal for April is to reach 142 and average 2 times at the gym a week.

Have a great night everyone.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    That is great progress for the month, Linds. You're doing so well.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Way to go on the weight! That is really good! Good luck at the gym.
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Got off my butt and made it to the gym today! Taco salad for dinner tonight.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Good job! I'm loving going to the gym these days. It is usually one of the highlights of my day. Before this diet, I didn't have the energy to go as much as I should have even if I wanted.
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    I do enjoy it, however, it is hard making it work into the schedule.

I am finding it hard to manage 50+ hrs a week working plus wanting to spend time with the family plus now taking care of the added responsibility's on the homestead with the baby animals. I know I need to make time for myself (the gym falls into this category). But as with most things I sacrifice my time to do other things that I view as being more important.

I do try to go at least 2 times a week though. And when I get home I feel so much more productive around the house.
  • blambo61
    Options
    That is tuff! That is a busy schedule!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    That is tuff! That is a busy schedule!

Very busy indeed, however, come summer it should lighten up a little. Plus I can use summer chores outside as my exercise. As busy as it is right now I wouldn't change it. I like working, I like doing the animal chores, and I like being able to show my little girl what it is like to be a strong hard working woman. So many kids these days have an entitlement mentality, I don't want her to have that. I wasn't raised that way and she won't be either.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Work is good!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Down to 143.8. Loss of 1.6 lbs. Rocking it baby!

Had a huge dinner tonight plus ice cream for dessert, it all taste good but I way over indulged and now I feel like I'm gonna pop. :s
  • blambo61
    Options
    Once in a while is ok IMO. Don't pop!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Down 28 lbs and I couldn't go any farther without getting new clothes. I've been holding off knowing that I had more to lose but all of my work clothes were becoming too big to look professional.

Now I am not the girl that likes to shop, I really don't like clothes shopping and I prefer to save money as opposed to spending it (read cheap) but I had no choice.

I also got a haircut, now I look like a completely different person.