Linds OMAD thread

Options

Replies

• Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    OK everyone here it is.... Gained half a pound since my February ending weight on Monday. Not happy about it but I'm not going to dwell on it either. Tonight is date night with the hubby so we will enjoy dinner and then back at it tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Missbricker
    Missbricker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely right about not dwelling on the 1/2lb. Weight goes up and down when you are trying to lose. I usually gain before dropping, it's so frustrating, lol. Keep the big picture in mind and have a fun date night.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I look at every weight gain as a harbinger of a loss to come that week...and it usually is!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    1/2 lb is nothing. If it goes for another week, then assess.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My weight goes up and down like a yo yo with hormones and salt so I wouldn't worry about half a pound, I'm sure it'll disappear soon :) You're doing great!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Thank you for all of the encouragement.

Tonight was fajitas for dinner, very delicious.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Missbricker
    Missbricker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love all the meal ideas. Fajitas sounds so good. I'm really hungry and have 7 1/2 hrs to meal time, lol. Hope you are doing well too
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Did 40 mins on the arc trainer today. Dinner consist of tuna wraps, pickles and chips with bean/salsa dip. Kinda weird combo but I needed to use up some items that were sitting around. Planning on doing gym again tomorrow after work. I only went twice last week so I feel like I need to make it up this week.

Have a great night everyone.
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Arc trainer is similar to the elliptical, except it is more of a natural gait pattern.

Tonight for dinner was pork chops with sauteed mushrooms and onion, mash potatoes and corn. Yum yum yum.
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Tomorrow is the day for weight. Hopefully it's a good number. I'm guessing some where around 151 but we will see.

Already getting my boiled dinner ready for tomorrow. Have the crock pot full, just turn it on tomorrow as I walk out of the door and 8-10 hrs later corned beef with cabbage goodness awaits me. I know I am early but it sounded so good, I couldn't wait. Funny how it is one of my favorite meals yet I only have it 1-2 times a year.

Good luck to all of you weighting in tomorrow. I'll let u know how I do.
  • blambo61
    Options
    That sounds really good!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hi Linds, may I ask if you would be willing to say how many calories you eat per day in your OMAD? Just looking to see if I could be as successful as you, but thinking you are more disciplined than I am!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Hi Linds, may I ask if you would be willing to say how many calories you eat per day in your OMAD? Just looking to see if I could be as successful as you, but thinking you are more disciplined than I am!

Oh, I wouldn't say that. My only goal is to try to stay under 1450 which is the number mfp gave me. Sometimes I am way under, some days I am over by a hundred. I will be completely honest and say that the last 2-3 weeks I have been staying very close to 1400-1500(what I consider to be maintenance). I'm sure that is most of the reason why my loss has almost stalled (plus I have been hitting the carbs hard Thursday nights, I eat what I want and pasta or pizza sounded good those days).

I have my best loss when I stick to 1200 but I am trying to accommodate more calories due to more/harder workout sessions.

Thank you for asking, but really my discipline has been lacking lately(I still only eat once but it is not the best food).
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Loss .6 today. Need to watch the calories, they have gotten away from me.

My boiled dinner was amazing by the way, yummy in the tummy.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Lipka1le wrote: »

Oh, I wouldn't say that. My only goal is to try to stay under 1450 which is the number mfp gave me. Sometimes I am way under, some days I am over by a hundred. I will be completely honest and say that the last 2-3 weeks I have been staying very close to 1400-1500(what I consider to be maintenance). I'm sure that is most of the reason why my loss has almost stalled (plus I have been hitting the carbs hard Thursday nights, I eat what I want and pasta or pizza sounded good those days).

I have my best loss when I stick to 1200 but I am trying to accommodate more calories due to more/harder workout sessions.

Thank you for asking, but really my discipline has been lacking lately(I still only eat once but it is not the best food).

You may be losing more fat than you think because you could be gaining muscle. How long have you been working out and are you doing weights?
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your focus, Linds - it's awesome and inspiring!!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Lipka1le wrote: »

You may be losing more fat than you think because you could be gaining muscle. How long have you been working out and are you doing weights?

Been working out for a month now. Not doing much strength strength training, mainly cardio.
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Steak and broccoli today for dinner. Did hit the gym today.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Thanks Linds, you definitely answered my question!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Tonight for dinner was sautéed cabbage with Hawaiian pork, forgot how much I love cabbage. Only really have it 1-2 times a year and then I forget about it. Now if only I could convince the husband that it is good( then I wouldn't have to make it just for one person).

Feeling pretty good today despite losing an hour of sleep for daylight savings. Hope everyone has a great week.