OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies-
    Another tough night at home- but it sounds like he's going to start the process of looking for a place and he moved into the guest room at 11:30 last night- and of course had some nice parting words before going downstairs. Needless to say I didn't sleep well at all but the conversation had to happen. I'm tired of being the adult too- Just saying.
    Suzi- so glad to hear you are VERY proactive with your health. Keep us in the loop and you're in my prayers.
    Patti- Where is your cottage in Ohio- Meg found a pretty lake but i have no idea where exactly it was. I owe you both and email with your contact info, hopefully today I can make that happen.
    Janet- People just pop up when you need them- please don't overdo anything and get hurt. I was happy to read you do a little wiggling in your cast :)
    I'm going to read at 9 today to some kindergarten children- part of the company outreach- so glad to be doing something fun.
    Oh and I'm pushing lots of veggies and protein for lunch and dinner and skipping carbs- I am feeling slightly empty most of the time, but not hungry since I increase protein.
    Have a great day.
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. There were bad storms here in NC last night. Luckily, we only got thunderstorms and rain. There were tornado warnings out. Yesterday was a productive day. We went to the VA and got some good advice. Then came home and called the funeral director where he will be buried in IN. He set up a payment plan for cemetary plans (headstone, opening/closing, etc.) I took care of the plot last summer. So happy he is taking care of that now. He's only able to do it because he's now getting Social Security (Thanks to my nagging to apply). The VA gave us a name of someone to help find facilities if he decides to relocate. The facilities here have a 2-3 year waiting list, so I told him he should decide what he wants to do and then get on a waiting list. I'm sure other cities are the same.

Cindy: So glad you're getting things lined up for yourself.

Suzi: Praying for a good report.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hey gals, on our way to Birmingham in our new whelks. Love the navigation system, sweet! Very smooth ride.

Suzi- prayers for you my dear friend, any news?

Patti- Any news on your car? Sure has been in the shop a long time. When is the party?

Cindy- You are such a smart lady. If things don't work out for you and Rick I see you with a dashing famous author, one of my favorite male author's is James Lee Burke, who writes about New Orleans crimes detective Dave Robicheax. Sorry, dreaming here.

Bert- Are you having a rest day today?

Janet- Siunds like you have some good neighbors. I so enjoyed my facial on Tuesday.!she always raves about my skin, I love that she dreams your face. Does the full hour and the hot towels and puts a bright light on your face, after covering your eyes, and does extractions. My face is beaming!! Massage Envy uses Dr Myra's products and they send their Estititions to training on regular basis on their routines and products. If you have chsppef lips, you MUST try their lip moidutizer! It's only $23 and awesome!!!

I better hush up and talk to my sweet pea , who is in love with his car,, lol..

Did y'all hear Brad Pitt is dating Jennifer Anniston?

Karla

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

Karla, enjoy the new baby's first road trip. Hope you get good news and advice at UAB. Got another author for me? Or anyone? I sure wish one of my friends knew some nice guy to introduce me to - location doesn't matter! It would just be nice to have someone recognize my gender ..

Bert, sending big hugs. This is such difficult stuff and we can all see what a difference you are making for your brother - he is clearly stronger in every way with his sister by his side. Continued prayers for all. You just got the storms you would've had earlier this week at home.

Cindy, what intense times for you. But as difficult as last night had to have been (for both of you), it represents progress toward a happier, less stressful future. Major hugs and congrats on your moves toward financial separation. We all know where this is leading and it will be healthier for you - almost five years since he broke things off, Tony remains STUCK (his folks tell me) and I am honestly happier, even though I would love to meet a guy. Dealing with a mate who has severe depression and anxiety and is resistant to any sort of help takes a piece of your soul when you really want to help. You are going to be fine. REALLY hope you can visit Meg soon and I'll drive up - can pick Patti up and we'll hang out.

Suzi, so glad you are getting longitudinal screening & care in a specialized program. Not only are you being properly monitored and advised, your story will contribute to medical knowledge and prevention. It's good for you and may help your daughters and others as time goes on. Please let us know results ASAP.

Patti, when is the Disney party? Your social life sounds like so much fun. What's the car update? And how is your son's house coming along?

Diane, how's Carrie doing with the air cast? Does she have external hardware? I can't wait until I can wash my leg but that will be at least five more weeks.

MaryLynn and Myra, waving hello and hope you'll be able to make time to update us soon.

Aside from ankle pain today (have been working the leg as best I can inside the cast), feeling pretty good. Going to have my weekly shower today - just a bit of a dicey thing to do, so have been sink-bathing in between. May do an exfoliating mask on my face too (Karla, you inspire me - maybe I will give myself a delayed birthday gift of a facial after I can move about without the scooter. My skin is weird and sensitive.)

So much to do around here - trying to find workarounds for some things, but at least I can do laundry today. Trying to go through papers to assemble what I need for taxes as well. Need to find a check register I polished off last summer. It's somewhere,

Love you all like sisters - have a day that contains some joy.
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN BENIGN!!!!! I feel like I can breathe again! Ready for the soreness to be gone, but that will come with time and drugs. It's better today than it was yesterday.

Karla - enjoy the new ride. Dave just traded in his Miata convertible on a Hyundai Genesis sedan - quite cush! He's having a ball figuring out all the bells and whistles. Sadly, no more top-down rides, but we all have to grow up sometime. Besides we don't get many good top-down days in OK. It's either too hot, too cold or too windy!

Cindy - (((((BIG HUGS))))) girl. You're a smart cookie and even though this is going to be difficult, you know what's best for you. We're here even though I wish we could be there in person for you.

Janet - so glad to hear you have such wonderful neighbors. Good for you for being so cautious and willing to let people help you. You're an independent woman, and some independent people are too hard-headed to allow others to help them. I'm very glad to know you're smart enough to NOT be in that category. I had no real doubts because you're smart in addition to independent, but it's nice to "hear" you confirm it.

Bert - Sounds like your brother is being more receptive to your help this visit. Glad you're able to be there for him and help him through this process.

Patti - what are you up to today? Is it a workday?

The best news I have is that throughout this long week, I have NOT been eating my feelings. I'm tracking everything and while not perfect, I did a reasonably good job of planning on a week where we will have 3 dinners out once we get through tonight's Italian dinner with our good friends.

Later,
    Suzi
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Suzi- SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big hugs.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Suzi, now we can all breathe. So happy to see those words! My BFF has a similar family history and has always been super vigilant. She checked her Bracca II years ago and it was negative so we were all blindsided when she was diagnosed with breast cancer last Feb. the good news was that she was just past stage zero and her treatment was chemo and radiation only. She just had her 1 year mammo, 3 months after end of treatment and she is cancer free. She will be checked every three months.

Cindy, wish I had some prophetic words of wisdom that will make this all better, but alas I am at a loss. Keep your dignity and know we are all here for you. Nothing about this is easy but I know you will handle it with grace. I think the lake Meg found was St Mary's. It is the local hotspot for fun in her area with lots of activities all summer. It is a very shallow lake with mostly pontoons.

Karla, praying for good news from UAB. Enjoy your ride with Glenn.

Bert, sounds like you are definitely a good influence on your brother and your help is focusing him. Safe travels home.

Janet, you amaze me with your ability to adapt and the grace with which you do it. If I knew a man I would so hook you up. I love the idea of a road trip to meet Meg and Cindy. Hope we can make it happen. I think they both need us.

Work was really brutal on my feet and legs last night. Some nights just seem to be worse than others. Then I couldn't sleep, finally fell asleep at 5am. So frustrating and could find no cause for it. Skipped the gym this morning because I was just too tired and my feet were still hurting. Will go tonight so not feeling guilty. The birthday party is March 19 and we leave on vacation the next day. I found the perfect princess name for me "Taco Belle"! Now to come up with a costume to match. I am responsible for a nacho bar, stuff jalapenos and one other appetizer. Plus I need to help make paper apples for the center pieces.
    We had horrible wind storms last night, it even blew my grill over. It is a six burner with a side burner and very heavy.
    Thanks for asking about my car. The main engine computer is what we have been trying to replace. The dealership would not reprogram the old one or unlock the security on the new/used one. They said we had to buy a new one for $2400! My mechanic found a guy in IL that said he can reprogram the original computer for "a couple hundred" dollars. It will hopefully be back from him by Monday. Then it is basically a plug and go operation. The guy in IL guarantees his work for the life of my car. So if everyone would just cross your fingers for me. Unlike Suzi, Ohio has lots of top down weather and I don't want to miss any of it.

• JP_in_KY
    Options
    Suzi, hooray!!!!!!!!!!! Checked back just to see if you had the verdict yet.

Patti, take care of those feet!

Used car to get mail today. Shower coming up. And laundry. Partying on in KY.
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks for celebrating with me!
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Dang. Hit the wrong button on my phone and lost a long post. Will keep it short so I don't do the same thing again.

Cindy I'm so sorry you are going through these difficult times. I've got
    No words of wisdom since I've never been in your shoes, but I offer a shoulder to cry on anytime you need it.

Karla I saw you good news from the ophthalmologist on FB! Yay!

And Suzi, even more good news! Yay indeed!

Janet, Carrie has no external hardware. PT was here today to discharge her from home PT. Next week we start with outpatient PT. I'd like her to try out a knee scooter. She has been reluctant because her knee hurts, but I think she would find it easier.
  • EniadS
    Options
    Bert sounds like a productive time with your brother. Would he be willing to relocate closer to you? Would that help? My mom's place is big enough she made many new friends. She really doesn't keep in touch with that many of her old friends other than from church so if she needed to relocate, doing so when she was moving into a place like that would have been ideal.

Patti we were supposed to get the big storms here too, but they seemed to pass us relatively unscathed. If you are going to be "Taco Belle" for the party, how about a salsa dancing outfit?
  • EniadS
    Options
    Janet, if there are young people in your neighborhood maybe you could ask one of them to do their Lenten good deed by taking out your trash and bringing in your mail every day? Just a thought. I loved the opportunities to help my kids had when they were little.
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Hi Ladies-
    Another sunny day for me- last night wasn't too bad. Rick had a session with his therapist and I hope it helped him start to get a check on reality- I know our time is coming to an end together but I do wish him nothing but the best and I hope he finds what his heart desires. I'm looking for peace and quiet and time for me to take care of me.
    Diane- why is Carrie's knee hurting- is it related to the accident?
    Janet- how was your weekly shower? I'm sure wonderful.
    Suzi- I'll be you're still on cloud 99- so happy for you
    Karla- great news on your eyes and the cheesecake sounded amazing- i hope you savored each bite.
    Patti- I'll ask Meg what the name of the lake was- and let you know.
    Once things as settled here I can see what's the scoop for a trip out her way.
    Need to run- but I'll be back.
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Options
    Leaving for the gym shortly and then to pick up flowers and go to Mom's for a bit to celebrate her 87th birthday before I have to go to work. She told me the other day she now has a reason to live. She wants to stay alive to see how this whole Trump presidency goes! She has always been very involved with politics. For many years she worked the polls in Ohio and then in Texas. She watches all the news and is very well versed in the current political drama. She cracks me up but i think it keeps her sharp. Working today thru Monday. Praying car will be ready Monday.

Cindy, glad it was calmer last night. I know you wish him happiness but you deserve some yourself, along with some freedom from stress and anxiety...his and yours.
    Need to scoot but I will be back tonight, on,y working til 7
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Good morning. Shower was great, managed to keep cast dry with the cast cover but it's contortionist time. Hoping for a productive day after a somewhat tough night. Have I mentioned I'm obsessed with April the giraffe? I have the live cam up on YouTube around the clock - she's due to deliver her fourth calf any day, and she is the most gorgeous animal. I want to boop her nose and pet her neck! (She's also a cougar of giraffekind - she is 15 and this is the first baby for the father, who's 5.)

Patti, happy birthday to your mom!

Cindy, glad last night wasn't a terror. Rick deserves a better life than he is allowing himself. It's so sad - hope he will move forward, but you are doing the right thing. So glad you aren't the one who has to move. The change is not a failure - it's the culmination of Rick's devolution into his own misery. So sad. But your strength is at the fore and you will thrive.

Diane, my cat sitter will come, but I can always call on a couple of neighbors in a pinch, I don't know many of them but there's a terrific couple across the street. And if I time it right, I could hail a kid who just got off the bus. It's not too difficult to back the car out to grab mail either. When you live on your own as long as I have, you find ways to do stuff that some who have automatic backup may take for granted.
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. It's quite chilly here in NC. Today we are going to the store and going shopping for new pants as my brother has lost so much weight, nothing fits.

Suzi: SO happy for you! I know that eases your mind!

Diane: He is thinking of relocating someplace. We are going to make a list of choice cities for him and then looking at living facilities. I really think a Senior Retirement Facility is the way to go, but depends on the price and waiting list of course. His lease here expires in July, so that is when he will have to decide.

Cindy: Janet's post is exactly what I would have said to you. So I'm saying "Ditto".

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Diane - a p.s. For Carrie - My knee hurts too (they took bone for grafts from just below my knee. But scooter isn't too bad. You can rent them. It's just about aligning leg in a not-too-bad way. Of course I cannot do crutches because of knee replacement. And being a klutz. Might be worth a try to take her to a med-supply place to try one out. Obviously won't help upstairs but ...
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Wow, lots of posts to read and enjoy! I am heading to Montgomery to visit my son. He is working seven days a week a Maxwell AFB, so we are driving up to see him on his lunch! Haven't seen him in over a month and Izzy is going nuts.

Patti- I love Diane's idea of a salsa Minnie. Sounds like a lively party.

Yes, my eye exam went well. I do not go back for six months! Continue dry eye treatments as usual and reduce prednisolone.

Suzi- Wonderful, wonderful news. All of our prayers and held breaths were for you!!!

Diane- How was the camping in the driveway? Have you gone on any trips at all in it? I'm sure it won't be long.

We are only at 45 degrees this morning, brrrr, what fappenefbto our mid seventies??

Bert- So very difficult watching a loved one decline. I hope there is some nurtional supplements he could get to drink, Ensure? Boost? Maybe if he added a couple of those it would help.

Beautiful sunny day..

Today is the funeral of my friend. Glenn us going in my absence. I will go by her home later. She had four grown children and two young grand daughters. Sorry if i am repeating myself, just so tragic.

Take care, have peace and love in your life.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Karla, big hugs - I know Glenn's presence will mean a lot to the family. Sounds like a clear day for a drive to see your boy - enjoy and stay safe on the road home!

Cold & sunny here - there's a new bird call nearby. Watching basketball and DVR'd stuff (my cleaner got me hooked on the Chicago shows - not the best ever but solid entertainment), helping a friend on some job-related stuff and maybe figuring out a way to do some org in the bedroom today.

Ordered a new folding grabber - the one I carry around in my basket isn't holding up. Feeling decent (with meds) and trying to get fully caffeinated.

Just had to say hello to you! Later.
  • luzingg
    Options
    Hey all,

Quite the day here. Went to work while it was still snowing, several crashes on the highway...idiots! Fun day working with 3 ladies I truly enjoy and lots of needy but fun customers. Had to make a stop on the way home and the car start d acting up. Called son, who lives just 2 miles from where I pulled off but he is at the cabin. So Edd had to come rescue me. Fuel pump is going out. We got it home with out having to push or pull it thank goodness. Luckily Mom has a car I can borrow until Edd can fix this one. The gas tank has to be dropped, it is nearly empty so that is a good thing, lol. Pizza for dinner, it was free but I will pay for it in the long run......but boy was it delish. Just need to go pick up the car and then I can relax. Will have to visit a few minutes as my sis and her hubby will be there celebrating Mom's birthday with her. I took her some rainbow colored daisies yesterday, they reminded me of a bunch of balloons.

Janet, I am giraffe obsessed too. So afraid I will miss the live birth.

Karla, enjoy your time with Jason. I bet Izzy is so excited to see him. Be safe. Hugs for your friend when you see her.

Cindy, hope you are locked away in Loudon with LR and things are peaceful and productive in your world.

Waving hi to the rest of the gang.

Patti