OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls-
    Taking a break from LR stuff- I decided to write my post this week about my mother-in-law's 90th birthday. It was wonderful to spend it with her as I know it is the last time I'll be with everyone and I wanted to honor her in a special way. Just to show her that I care about her.
    Thank you for the amazing support you have each given me. It has taken me a long time to see the Rick doesn't want to get better- work on his problems but instead try and make me feel less of a whole person and change to make his inner demons become mine. This is not the marriage I thought I had finally found. But it is time- I'm on day 4 of a deep freeze and when he does decide to speak to me I'm going to say remember Friday the 17th you said you would find a place and remind him HE DID THIS-
    I will remain strong.
    Patti- loved the mantra you shared- so appropriate.
    Janet- congrats on Kelly green - next month- go pink for spring flowers
    Karla- the party will be great.
    Bert- Glad your brothers numbers are holding steady
    Diane- Sounds like Carrie and Janet are on the same time table. Hope the headache disappears.
    I go a full panel of blood work today- one set of vials tradition doctor and the other the hematologist. She's going a full spectrum to make sure I'm not pre-diabetec it runs in the family.
    Need to get back to Loudon.
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hey friends. Checking in while I am on hold with Wyndham. Booking a BEACH vacation for Izzy and I, and her Mom. Just us girls. My BFF and her granddaughters will join us. On Panama City Beach. Holding for May 8th, 9th and 10th. I have some Credit Pool points I need to use or lose by July 12th. These were given to us when we bought the membership from that other couple. I need some Vitamin Sea!! Lol.

Patti- Please post a picture of you costume. I wish I could sew as well as you;

Cindy - Remember, Rick is giving himself the boot, not you.

This is what I have completed so far:

Millie - bathed.
    Plants - all done, back porch looks so sweet, I love colorful plants.
    Checkbook balanced and bills reviewed, none due!!
    Once I get this resort booked I am off to the store.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hello, all.

Karla, I know the house will look gorgeous. How are you getting Glenn out of the house to set up? Here, due to basketball, they will be running Chicago PD and Med in the middle of the night the next two nights so I will record. Ditto Blacklist: Redemption. I have a ton of stuff on DVR and hope to have more quiet time this weekend to catch up, when no hoops. It will likely be a week before I catch up with everything - about ready to ditch "Nashville." Will give it one or two more episodes.

Patti, you'll rock the register!

Suzi, do you get to expense some of your trip, given that you have a business trip amidst the hiking?

Diane, sending good thoughts for Carrie - she sees doc a day after I do. Physical therapist should have some suggestions - maybe a bench would help? Floor for someone with her injuries makes ZERO sense (read on for proof).

Bert, sorry your student is sick but glad you get the day off.

Cindy, sending strength and solidarity. The black hole of Rick's illness will NOT drag you down. Hugs. And if I get a cast next time (no idea whether there will be a cast, a walking cast or a boot - depends on healing) I learned yesterday that that DO have a hot pink, so you've read my mind!

Hi to everyone else - miss you!

First, I am fine . But I am never going to try going down the driveway on scooter again - will use the car. Had a bad spill right where garage meets driveway. Did NOT hurt my surgery leg - worked hard on the fall to protect it. The not-great news (though it could be SO much worse) is that I banged up left knee and elbow pretty badly (scrapes/bruises) and hand hurts today as well. Iced the knee yesterday - it just makes scooting a little less comfortable.

I just sat for a few minutes to regroup from the shock and DID manage to get up, which is awkward when you can't put one foot down at all. And then I waited a few minutes and asked letter carrier if he'd bring mail up to me, which he did. It's annoying but I have to guard against making things worse. At least my situation is temporary!

Wishing everyone a terrific weekend.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Janet, so glad you were not hurt worse, some lessons are more painful than others as you have learned. Nashville's last episode was yesterday, until the mid season break is over....whenever that is. Hopefully next season will be less of a tear jerker. Still not happy with what they have done.

Cindy, sending you hugs. I know this is not easy but you deserve to be treated so much better. Just wish you didn't have to go thru this at all. Don't let him drag you into his world.

Great class at the gym and then a short visit with Mom. Card is done and all prep done for the girls to make one of their own. Cute little brown bunny. Need to jump in the shower, get a bite to eat and head to Jo Anns. So looking forward to girl time tomorrow and then some sewing. I just need to pick up some green tissue paper and I think the costume will go together nicely.

Patti
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. One tired girl checking in late today. 16,600+ steps today, plus a 4-hour drive to Petit Jean State Park, our home for the next 3 days. Cold, rainy tomorrow turning to snow tomorrow night, so it may be a day of rest. I think we would al welcome it.

Janet - so glad you weren't seriously hurt by your fall. You must really be getting some muscle strength on your other side to make sure you didn't land on your surgically repaired side.

Too tired to talk more...

Later,
    Suzi
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies..I finally got a good night's sleep. (Thank You Tylenol PM). I was absolutely exhausted last night. Too many nights of waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep.

Today is going to be chilly. So, it's indoor activities for me. I've been wanting to clean out drawers, cabinets, etc, so I'll get started with that today. Tonight, Mike and I are going out Outback to dinner to use the rest of his gift card he received from his retirement. We haven't been out to dinner together for a while, so I'm looking forward to it. He's ready to go back to work part time, and that's good as he received his last pay check this week. I need his SS check to make ends meet. He'll need spending money.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Quick stop, looks everyone is getting the cold weather except Karla, which is good for her party. Just wanted to tell you all to enjoy your day. Be kind to yourself and know you are worthy of your own love as well as the love of others, including my love for each of you.

Push through and move forward!
    Patti
  • smack59
    Options
    Mornin' y'all! Woooie is it chilly in Arkansas today! Ellis and I are up after a 10-hour sleep. Dinky and Dave are still in bed, literally with their heads covered! It rained some overnight, but dry right now. More rain expected later today. I might try to talk Dave into driving around the park (which is pretty big) today to see some of the sights. It will make it easier then to pick out a hike or two to do tomorrow.

Bert - so glad you finally got a really good night's sleep. It's so miserable when you can't sleep. Enjoy your Outback outing. What's your favorite thing to get when you eat there? I LOVE their Victoria's filet and get it once in a while. Usually I get the small sirloin.

Patti - and everyone else who watches Nashville. I'm a couple episodes behind so PLEASE no spoilers. I LOVE that show. Enjoy your girl time today!

Janet - yes, I'll get to expense some of the mileage and turnpike tolls, plus collect wages for the meeting time. You take care my friend. How are you feeling after taking that nasty tumble yesterday? I hope no additional strains or sprains.

Karla - your love for entertaining, as well as your love for Glenn, really shines through when you talk about the upcoming surprise party. Have fun!

Cindy - you are just, slapdab classy through and through! How very sweet of you to do a blogpost about MIL's 90th. Hang in there, girl.

Later,
    Suzi
  • luzingg
    Options
    Suzi, I think you need a rainy down day and so do the boys. No worries, I will not spoil the show. I never know when anyone gets a chance to see their shows so try to keep my comments generic, lol. I am usually a week behind.

Cards came out really cute. Lunch was a yummy chicken salad at Mc Allisters. I know I have seen them all over the south but this is the first one in Ohio. Their food is very good. Now getting set to make my costume. I hope it looks as good when done as it does in my mind.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Hi - A bit stiff and sore from the tumble but doing OK. Going to let cat sitter bring today's mail in tomorrow. My Michigan Wolverines and Kentucky Wildcats both won this afternoon and April the giraffe is still pregnant. Feeling a bit tired (awake for another long stretch during the night, despite having taken an Advil PM) so making it a very low-profile day.

Patti, I've never been to a McAllister's, though there's one near me. Will try it when I'm more mobile - am a big fan of chicken salad.

Karla, want to hear about that party!

Cindy, thinking of you.

Bert, enjoy Outback. Haven't been there in ages but also usually get a small steak. I eat very little beef, but have had a craving for a small steak lately.

Suzi, glad you had a nice, long sleep - well earned!

Diane, how's Carrie's pain been doing?

Have been doing quiet tasks and, for a change, the phone has been relatively quiet. It's about the time when I talk with my best friend in Atlanta.

See y'all tomorrow!
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Ran a bunch of errands this morning and had a quiet afternoon. I hardly slept at all last night so needed a quiet day. The scale is just not moving for me and I am frustrated.

Janet scary fall! I'm glad you weren't hurt worse. You need a quiet day too. Hope your teams won. I am not a basketball fan at all. I'm actually not much of a TV person at all. I only watch NCIS. Haven't gotten into any of the other shows you all talk about. Never saw Downton Abbey, haven't ever watched Game of Thrones or Any of those.

Karla hope the party goes great! It's tomorrow, right?

Patti how did the costume turn out? You are so talented and creative I'm sure it is wonderful.

Suzi hope the weather improves so you can have a good hike tomorrow. We are expecting our first real snow of the winter Monday night, after the warmest February on record.

Cindy, hang in there. I hope your writing is the escape you need it to be right now.

Bert hope you enjoyed your dinner out. I can never resist their Bloomin' onions.

I had a minor surgical procedure on Friday but had to have general anaesthesia. The only thing that hurts is my throats from the ventilator tube! That may be why I slept so poorly last night. Hoping for better rest tonight
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Diane, please rest. The sore throat is annoying but normal. I do watch a lot of TV - but then I worked in TV for the first 20 years of my career, so it was necessary to know what's out there.

Got more sleep than usual last night - yay - and have had my morning protein shake. Am clean and in clean PJs because why not? My one sock clashes with my PJ pants - sometimes a girl just needs to dress like a toddler! Cat sitter is coming today because trash needs to go out. Cleaner can bring can in tomorrow so no need for the sitter tomorrow, so I will save the money.

Thawing a bag of cooked shrimp for later. Going to take it fairly easy here - hope everyone has a restorative Sunday.
  • smack59
    Options
    Mornin' y'all! It's a beautiful, sunny, cold morning here at Petit Jean. Still frozen sleet on the ground in places. We've done a short potty walk for the dogs around the campground and now all 3 boys are napping pre-lunch. After their post-lunch nap we're going hiking. Keep an eye out for the pix later. It's supposed to be a gorgeous trail to the base of the waterfall. Rated strenuous, so should be a good workout on our last day here. We head home tomorrow.
  • bertevans
    Options
    I wore a red jacket to church today and the color of the jacket bled on my white Garmin plastic wrist band. I've tried Magic Eraser, Soft Scrub, and Lysol bath cleaner. None of them worked. Any other suggestions?
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies. The party was a huge success. Very relaxed, with long time friends really enjoying spending time honoring a wonderful man. I had a cute game where each person pulled a paper strip from a Fenton basket asking questions about Glenn. It was something I saw on a tv show. Glenn loved it and it brought back great memories for us all. Neat topics like "Share a work story about Glenn from the 70's" or "Where did you meet Glenn and when?, "Name Glenn's three children", "How many grand children does Glenn have" It was really fun. The guests loved it so much they asked to play a second round. Lol.

Bert- Sorry to hear of your stained band. Those sound like some strong stain removers, so I don't know. Soak in bleach?

Suzi- We have a cold week down here too. Only a high of 60 today and later this week in the 30's. My grandmother always said there is always a frost before Easter.

Diane- I've had that sore throats after anesthesia also. I hope you are better by now.

Janet- I'm glad you are rotating you mail pickup to keep from harming yourself. How is the soreness? Inn so pleased you enjoyed some sleep.

Patti- How did your costume come out? I'm sure it was adorable, picture please!!

I just love the new throw pillows i bought from Home Goods. They look so lovely on my couch and love seat. The four large pillows are a soft corderoy in a yellow color. The colorful embroidered pillow had bright orange, yellow and greens on a cream background. This orange really brings out the poppy orange in the art work above my sofa.
    I'm sitting here enjoying looking at it all. Lol.

I'm working at the Podiatry office tomorrow and then off Tuesday. I think I'll get Izzy and us have a sewing day. She pulled out the patterns this weekend for the doll dresses. I'm finally caught up on chores around here to get to it.

Karla
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. This week is a busy one. I have visits everyday except for Thursday. I have a doctor's appointment in Indy, and I must say, I'm looking forward to going. Not to the doctor, but going shopping and lunch with my BFF.

Karla: Your pillows sound beautiful. Your game sounded like fun. You did a great job! I think I'm going to put my band in the dishwasher. If the stains come out, that's great. If not, I'll just pitch it. I have others.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies-
    We're getting ready for our blizzard- so today is extra hectic at work-
    I'll be back around lunch-
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Options
    Good morning everyone, got my Taco Belle apron done, now I need to decide what embellishments to add, if any. Still givin it some thought. I want it wearable throughout the part and afterwards. The elements have to be removable. Yesterday I was very busy at work and too tired to do anything last night so today will be packed. Grocery, laundry, finish costume, start cooking food for the party to freeze. Also hope to pick up my car today and return Mom's. The rest of the week will be busy as I start getting ready for ththe party on Sunday and leaving on vacation on Monday.

Karla, so happy your party was a success. We have played that game at parties before, such a fun way to get everyone involved and to honor birthday person.

Bert, sorry about the band, doubt it will whiten at this point. Enjoy your busy week.

Diane, how is the knee and the throat today?

Janet, any chance you got two good nights of sleep in a row. Hope you are not too sore today.

Cindy, hope you enjoyed your time in Loudon and found some peace in your heart too.

Better get this bus rolling if I am going to get my list done
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    OK, that does it. I have lost TWO long posts with personals. If this doesn't take, I give up.

YES - two nights of decent sleep here. Being extra careful getting around until new brake assembly arrives tomorrow. Going to leave mail in box until morning, when I have to go out to pick up groceries and two of my thyroid meds.

Patti, we must see Taco Belle!

Karla, I knew you'd throw just the perfect party for Glenn. Not everyone is a surprise-party person (I would be just and angry if anyone ever tried to pull that on me and have stood up for introverted friends before and headed off surprise parties "in their honor.").

Cindy, got your Loaves & Gallons? Hope your heat & power stay on and that you can work from home until it's safe again. We got ten minutes of already-melted flurries (a KY blizzard).

Bert, glad you have BFF time coming up - you really deserve it.

Suzi, eager for pics - sounds like a perfect last day of this trip.

Diane, is your throat better? How's Carrie doing?

OK - going to his "Post Reply" for the third time and cross fingers! Hugs to all.
  • luzingg
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Snowing here for past hour but too warm to stick. Unfortunately, when the sun sets and temps drop we can expect ice and idiots. So glad I don't work today or tomorrow. Roads will all be fine in time to go to Mom's and then the gym. Will take pics of the apron when it is done. Have decided to make "taco" pockets and a taco headband. Don't want to overdo it. When it becomes a Halloween costume I may go over the top with the taco theme. I have had a hugely productive day: 5 loads of laundry, grocery shopping, cooked ground beef and cleaned 2 rotisserie chickens, made taco seasoning for both. Sausage cooked and ready to become filling for jalapenos, 4 giant blocks of cheese shredded and bagged, and the kitchen all cleaned up. I think I deserve a break. Will need another shopping trip for fresh fruits and veggies for the nacho toppings, fresh salsa, tomatillo salsa, guacamole and stuffed jalapeños

Janet, you made me laugh with your KY blizzard.

Everyone in the path of the storm be safe and hope you don't have to leave your homes for any reason
    Patti