OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, all is fine down here on the Gulf. Spring time is here and my Rose of Sharon bushes are budding out. I have three pots of Petunias of beautiful colors arounds my porches and two hanging plants too. I love dusty miller plants, which are white, as a filler plant, to pop out the other colorful plants. Izzy and I had fun Sunday and Monday and she is excited she is going to the beach with me the end of this month. My friend Tammy just adores her.

Patti - I hope you don't have car problems on your trip this year. You deserve some down time and fun the way you have been working and working out. One thing for sure, Edd really knows how to work on them and has great connections! Glenn is not one to work on vehicles.

Cindy- I am sure Rick's family knows you are a class act. Do you have a date on which you want this OMG reunion to transpire around your trip to Meg? I need as much notice as possible.

Suzi- I wish I was into the motor home trips. We looked into getting one, but them we fell into all this second membership of point and just do the resort thing. It looks so fun though, for you and the dogs.

My shows are going to start soon. Tuesday is my favorite night with This Is Us, the two NCIS shows and now The Voice.

Have a great evening.,

Karla
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Not as many steps as I'd hoped today, but we did a very strenuous hike of about an hour - not much net elevation change, but up and down and up and down working our way back and forth up and down a bluff. So steep it was near butt-sliding going down. The dogs were even hesitant at times. So, all in all a very good cardio workout for an hour.

We're changing parks tomorrow- on to Arkansas. While we're in NW AR, I have a work event tomorrow night and a meeting Thursday morning.

Cindy - how kind and classy of you (no surprise) to attend the 90th BD celebration.

Karla - it's not yet petunia season here, but I'll have them out as soon as I can!

Janet - the pups get along with each other very well - even in the close confines of Tulip. I think they help calm each other, as well as excite each other when there's something to bark at! We've invested in a water gun to work on the tandem-barking.

Patti - glad you've got one car back at least.

Later,
    Suzi
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm getting the upstairs carpets cleaned today and the downstairs tomorrow. They clean them for half price every 6 months. Then it's lunch with my retired teachers' group. I always have fun with them.

Patti: Sorry about your car troubles.

Karla: What did you think of This Is Us last night? I thought it was good, especially the funeral part, but am anxious for next week's finale. I love NCIS and The Voice, too.

Suzi: I'm glad you got a great cardio workout. I'm heading to the gym this morning for trainer tips for excercises for my knees and other arthritic joints!

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone-
    I was thinking early Fall for a trip to meg's and our group get together.
    It will give Janet a chance to fully recover, Karla enough time to plan and me to get my life together- :)
    Any thoughts on timing?
    I have a trip to the Cape from Sept 1-9 and yes I may be going solo with the pups- But it will be fine I've done it before.
    Dinner was fine- it was hard saying good bye to everyone, as this might be the last time I'm officially part of the family and when my SIL asked us for dinner on the 19th I carefully changed the subject as Rick wasn't helping me to get out of it gracefully.
    I brought home half my dinner and it will be lunch today and 3/4 of the slice a cake- it was bigger than the salad plate. But oh so good.
    Currently he is giving me the freezing silence- but I will cut that short tonight. if he can be civil get the hell out of my house and go rent a hotel room- he has a credit card.
    I'm done.
    Bert- enjoy your clean carpets.
    Karla- Izzy's costume was adorable. She's growing up so fast.
    Suzi- I laughed with the butt sliding comment- I might borrow that some day for a book- great visual.
    Patti- glad one car is good- the benz will be back in your driveway soon.
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning my wonderful group!

Bert- I poured a few tears when Randal's wife was upset about not being able to say goodbye, "he was my friend too" The funeral was precious. William made a huge impact on this family. I still hear his words and his song "Look Up not Down". This show is so meaningful.

Cindy- Ooh la la, love your grit. Rick better watch out. He is treading on shakey ground now. A woman can only take so much!! It is your house!! The nerve of his actions. The fall is fine for me with the exception of my anniversary time of September 17th week. We usually plan something, even if local. Soooo looking forward to this.

Suzi. Yes, your comments are precious and hilarious.

I am off to work and then to get my hairdo.

Take care,
    Karla
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Good morning, lots to do today. Need to run Edd over to the garage so he can pick up his truck. Then I need to hit Kohl's to use my 30% off coupon before it expires. Need some t shirts, undies and hopefully a new pair of gym shoes. Then hair appointment. This growing out stuff is awful. Will need to shorten the back so the front can catch up. Then need to get to work early so I can buy my fabric and want to shop the clearance just to see my f there is something there I NEED. Then work 5-10.

Cindy, be strong and stick with your guns. You absolutely do not deserve to be treated like this in your own home. I am free the last 2 weekends of Sept or the 2nd weekend of October. Fall in Ohio is very pretty, probably not as gorgeous as the Berkshires but splendid in it's own way.

Karla, love Tuesday tv too but have never watched This is Us, was hoping to catch it on Netflix in the future so hope I forget the spoilers, lol. Sure wish we had a DVR but we cannot unless we switch to Spectrum, which I am seriously thinking of doing if they give me a good price and they are available at the cabin. We have stuck with Directv since their inception because we could take the service with us when we traveled. The cabin is in such a rural area that we are very limited on service. Verizon only for cell only. There is currently only 1 wi fi provider and they are very slow and very expensive. I personally could do without cell, Internet and tv service but Edd just insists.

Suzi, such a visual of you and the dogs on a ridge. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Janet, hope you did not get any drunk calls last night and got some rest.

Diane, how did the PT go with Carrie. When will you start your volunteer training?

Bert, enjoy your girls lunch. I am so blessed to have kept my nurse friends after retirement, I know you feel the same about your group.

Mary Lynn and Myra, miss your wisdom and smiles. Hope all is well.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good morning. Haven't watched "This Is Us" yet - later today for sure. Love that show. Karla, not too much of a spoiler, but ... (Believe it or not, I've never seen NCIS. What's with Mark Harmon's haircut though?)

Cindy, how bittersweet. Hope Rick will start acting like an adult more consistently ... There's a chance I will get to go to OR to see my niece & her family (Jellybean is due the 16th!) but that won't be more than a week or so.

Patti, glad Edd will get the truck. Hope Kohl's has great sales.

Sunny here, going to hit the 60s today and maybe warmer tomorrow. Might open the door to the deck - very glad I had that screen door put in last year. But (crossing my fingers) we might get some snow on Saturday. We have not had ANY sort of a winter. Grrrrrr. Just a taste of winter sure would be nice.

Sheets are in dryer, flannel sheet blanket in the washer; my cleaner will make the bed up - it's SO awkward from the scooter. Scratch that - she's sick. Well, I'll wrestle the sheets on my own - one top corner is inaccessible for me on scooter so will crawl across the bed to get that one.

Seeing surgeon tomorrow and will go with a kelly green cast for St. Patrick's Day (also Mom's birthday). Hoping to get a few things done today anyway. Later!
  • smack59
    Options
    Hi gang! We've arrived at our next spot, Prairie Creek campground on Beaver Lake, just outside Rogers, AR. We'll be here 2 nights. Dinky is quickly adapting to Tulip riding and has been quite a good boy. We may teach this old dog a new trick to be a good traveler after all.

Cindy - so sorry you have to endure such awkwardness as last night. Your story reminds me of my first divorce when I thought I was going to have to call the sheriff to have the ex forcibly removed from the house. He refused to tell his parents - and his Mom was babysitting for me! I wound up telling her we were getting a divorce one morning when dropping Jeana off because I needed to know whether she would continue to keep her or if I would need to find another babysitter. She actually said, "Of course, I'll still keep Jeana. I don't care what he did, you're still my family!" Borrow any comment you want.

Janet - I never thought about how awkward it would be to try to make a bed while on a knee scooter! You must be discovering new things like that every day! Bless your heart, my dear friend. With every story you tell us, my respect for your independence grows.

Patti - have fun shopping. Glad you're back to being a two car family, even though your baby is still in the shop.

Bert - enjoy your gym time. Good idea to get a trainer to help you with modifications.

Karla - have a good day.

Later, Suzi
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. My training session was great yesterday. I've told her my concerns about my back and knee, so she is developing exercises I don't normally do. I've written them down so I can remember when I do them on my own. Greg and came over for dinner last night whilte Carrie took Jillian to dance and gymnastics. It was fun having them over. Cole loved being center of attention and not have to compete with Jillian for Grandma and Grandpa's attention. Today I'm traveling for my first visit with one of my field students. It will be a long day, but the weather is supposed to be great. Need to run. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    hi Ladies-
    I'm still in silent ville but that's ok the 17th is one week away and then watch out- Hell is about to rise up. :)
    I'm trying to keep my sense of humor and who I really am, a kind and loving person but he is trying my patience so I know one he has his bonus money, which is what he said he's waiting for, the gloves come off-he's scared of any sort of legal authority so he'll leave. I'm not worried about that. But come on - let's be a two year old and pout.
    Tomorrow is an LR day and Saturday is my writers meeting - there is an author, Marie Force, speaking tonight to up and comers but its 2 1/2 hours away and I just can't get there this time. Her next speaking engagement is in Ireland, yes- I said Ireland so I'll miss that one too.
    Bert- so glad you had nice family time and enjoy today.
    Suzi- Glad the trip is going well and pups are enjoying the ride. Have fun.
    Janet- how was the bed making?
    Patti- I'm sure you had a hectic day yesterday- when do you take off to Florida? I'm sorry I've lost track.
    Diane- how's Carrie doing?
    Karla- what are your average temps these days - and were you always from the South?
    MaryLynn if you're peeking in- Hello
    Need to run but see you all later.
    Cindy
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    A quick hello - must leave for doc in a minute. Gorgeous day for an outing and maneuvering scooter in & out of car a couple of times will be my workout, both physically & mentally. It will be 72 today. Saturday's high - 35. Oh, my sinuses ...

Cindy, the toddler will be out soon. I never really got bonuses, except once - from a company I had already left, so it was a huge surprise.

Later!
  • luzingg
    Options
    Our theme seems to be "Push through, push past and move forward". So many of us are facing challenges, all on different levels, but we all seem to be persevering and finding ways to cope and move forward. So proud of all of us and lucky to have you all here every day to share and commiserate with as needed.

Cindy, his bad behavior now will make you miss him less when he is gone, I know you love him but you love what you had not the way it is now. I see you getting stronger all the time. I hope you see it too.

Janet, you will be lovely sporting the green. Hope all goes well with your Dr and your errands today.

Bert, so glad you got the personal trainer to get you stronger. Hope your field visit goes well.

Suzi, guess you should have taken Dinky with you sooner. So happy he is adapting.

Karla, what's coming up this weekend with your clan. You always have such inter sting things going on.

My push through was forcing myself to the gym. Had no good excuses other than being a bit tired so I went. It was a great, intense workout and the time just flew by. Hoping to get good news on my car today, fingers crossed. Great bargains yesterday with all my coupons and the sale, 5 workout tees, 6 pair nice undies, 2 semi dressy tops all for $75 and $10 in Kohl's cash to spend next week. Hair feels so much better with the new cut. Looks like I am going to have to start going lighter as my gray is very resistant to the dye. We have to change formulas and/or brands every few years b cause of this. If I looked as good as Bert does with light hair I would so let it grow out but I have the wrong coloring. Would ideally love to be a redhead but my gray will not hold the red, it just falls right out and at times turns my roots bright pink, boohoo. Still loving my job but these 20 somethings do get on my nerves, lol. They have the most inane conversations and need constant direction and supervision. Love it when I get to work with the ladies closer to my age.

Time to be productive
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Patti- this weekend is Glenn's 60th birthday bash. I have his oldest friends from the shipyard coming. So fun. I will have three grandkids underfoot, couldn't be helped, but they will be fine. May take them to Rock Dog movie on Saturday.

Cindy- We are pretty much staying in the low to mid 70's now. My new canopy cover came in yesterday. My Petunias are growing too. Love the springtime.

Janet. It's to hot down here for a screen door.

I didn't mean to br a spoiler.

Patti- don't you have On-demand with your Directv? That's what I have and you can watch This Is Us that way.

Bert- Have you found any Brighton flip flops yet? They come in their own carry bag.

Diane- where are you woman???

I better run..

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Suzi & Bert, did those awful winds get to Tulip and your home? Several friends in MI and OH still have no power - one friend had to move her family to her in-laws - she and their four-year-old boy both got stomach flu while the power was out, which was enough to send them packing. Barfing by candlelight ...

Just got home. Doc says he is very happy with healing so far. Hardware is fusing into the bone really well. Got my kelly green cast for St. Pat's Day/Mom's birthday. Seeing him again April 10 and maybe some walking after that, depending on what another month of rest brings it. Making sure to get lots of calcium and protein - can't hurt.

Made a lottery stop, just because, got pain pill script filled & hit ATM. So scooter was in & out of car three times - weight training with a large, awkward object in tight spaces.

Lots of basketball this weekend to help me pass the time. Life is good!

• smack59
    Options
    We haven't had any severe winds. Just normal March in OK stuff 30 gusting to 40+ isn't unusual for us this time of year.

Today we did a long walk in the campground this morning, then pulled up stakes and Dave hauled me into town for a meeting my boss's boss called while she could catch me here in person. After lunch and a nap, we went hiking in the nearby state park. Now relaxing and waiting for the deer to come out. Our campsite is next to an open field and when I got "home" last night, there were about 30 deer grazing in the field.

Janet - sounds like you're really doing well at getting around on your scooter. That weight training will be good for you!

Karla - holy cow! Party planning with 3 little kids underfoot! You're a brave woman...

Patti - good luck on your car today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Cindy - breathe in, breathe out. Enjoy your LR day tomorrow
  • luzingg
    Options
    Karla, I know Glenn is going to love all the work you put into his party. I love surprise parties! I have the basic plan with Directtv, you have to have the correct box for on demand and it doesn't come with our plan. Cannot upgrade unless we do some major, costly tree trimming.

Janet, yeah on a good report and all your exercise today.

Suzi, your trip sounds perfect. I need me some commune with nature time. It has been far too long.

No word on the car, hopefully tomorrow and hopefully not bad news. Edd put a battery in the Buick today so I at least have a car to drive. TRX was great. We always leave the gym as a group, chattering like magpies. They are awesome women. Dinner was cod with lime, garlic pepper, salad and garlic rice with quinoa. Now I need to design an Easter card for Saturday's card class and gather some supplies to loan to one of my workout buddies for wedding invites she is making. The fun never ends!

Until tomorrow
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Sorry for the radio silence- it has just been a busy week and I haven't been feeling all that well. A headache that has gone on for two days now. We have gotten some more yard work done the last two days in the nice weather. My knee has been giving me enough pain that today I made an appointment for next week that will probably lead to an orthopedic consult.

Thanks all for asking about Carrie. She had her first PT session and said he also basically gave her a strengthening routine. She said tonight that some of the exercises are impossible to do on her bed and she can't get up and down off the floor to do them.

Janet glad to hear the doctor report and that your hardware is fusing well. Sounds like you are tracking together again. Her next appointment is April 11 to see if she can start putting weight on it. But we think we are
    Going to try to get a CT scan of her knee because it still hurts too much to kneel on it, even on her bed.

Cindy I hear the frustration in your "voice." You are doing the right thing for you. Just keep that in your head.

Sorry no more personals tonight. Going to make an early night in hopes of sleeping the headache away.
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Yesterday was a long day. Traveling 2 1/2 hours to visit a student and then choir practice last night. It was a beautiful day though. I went to sleep at 9:00! My student cancelled for today as she has the stomach flu. I feel sorry for her, but am so glad I don't have to travel early this morning. Oh, my sore legs! My trainer challenged me on Wednesday. I'm glad though. It will give me a new perspective on different exercises rather than the same routine I do.

My brother had a good report from his oncologist. His cancer numbers are still down, so the doctor decided to hold off from the maintenance chemo pill for another month. His weight is low, but at least he didn't lose any more since his last visit.

Cindy: I'm so glad you are getting out of your relationship. That type of relationship drains a person. A new door will open for you.

Janet: I hear you on the sinus comment. My sinuses are still acting up from last week. Yesterday was gorgeous and now the high for today is to be in the 40's.

Patti: I love your quote: "Push through, push past and move forward" That's going to be a new motto for me. My sore leg muscles are definitely my push through!

Karla: I may have to check out the Brighton flip flops. I love Brighton. Their stuff is very pricey, so I don't have much, but love what I have and wear it often.

Janet: Yuck, stomach flu with no power! I'd definitely pack, too. We survived the damaging winds. I'm so happy for your healing process.

Diane: I hope your headache goes away and you get answers for your knee.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good Friday morning and TGIF!!! I am so very excited to be preparing my home for Glenn"s celebration. I went to Home Goods yesterday and purchased four gorgeous gold throw pillows for the couches with an eye-popping, vibrant pillow for the middle of the large couch. It is from India and very intracant in design. I always change up my throw pillows for the spring, then go down for the Fall. Lol. I have some Kohl"s bucks to spend today and will go there today for a new pair of swim trunks for Glenn.

Suzi- As it turns out I will only have my 14yo grandson at the time of the party. Izzy will be staying with her girlfriend after church. My other granddaughter rescheduled. Sounds like your trip is going great.

Patti- I remember about your tree issue. Maybe it won't be long before the show hits Netflix. Do you or your mom have Amazon? I believe it is on there for $1.99 an episode.

Janet- You are one cool lady sporting a St Party's Day cast!!

Diane- So very sorry to hear of your headaches. I hope you were able to get some rest and rid your body of them. Maybe it was pollen from working outdoors? We are covered in it down here.

Cindy- I hope Lucinda has taken over your body and mind and you have escaped to Loudan! A loving and safe place.

I don't know about my shows here lately, but I have been crying on almost every one of them!! Just watched Chicago Med and at least it was tears of joy. The show Nashville has been really tearful for three weeks now. Glenn told me last night I really needed to pick some comedies. Lol

I better get going, here is my list of chores for the day:

Finish planting the bedding plants and water others
    Bathe Millie
    Mow the front yard ( yes the grass is already growing and green down here)
    Pay some bills
    Go to Kohl's
    Go pick JJ up
    Go pick Izzy up
    Grocery shop

Karla

• luzingg
    Options
    Beautiful, sunny but cold day here. Almost Janet weather, just no snow, lol. Lots to do today before I go to work at 5. Gym, grocery, finish card prep and get my stuff together for tomorrow's card class. Tomorrow we will probably go to lunch after the class. Then I need to start making my Taco Belle costume. I am working the cash register tonight, totally out of my comfort zone but it must be done. Luckily the girl I am working with is super sweet and a joy to work with. I know she will be kind if I need help. I am off tomorrow, yeah!

Diane, I agree the pollen may be the culprit for your headache. Is it possible to put a covered piece of plywood on top of the bed for Carrie to do her exercises? Hope you don't have anything serious going on in your knee.

Bert, 2 1/2 hours one way, you are a better woman than me. Glad to hear your brother is at least maintaining for now.

Karla, I know you are in your glory planning this party. We do not have Amazon, nor does Mom and this is not a show she would watch. No worries if I don't see it, I feel like I already watch too much tv. Mom and I have been making sure we have something light or funny to watch after Nashville, we are sobbing messes by the end of it. We are saving Feud for when all our shows are done for the season.

Off I go