OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good morning. Still fighting this sinus infection - did a televisit with a nurse practitioner yesterday. She prescribed Rx flonase (and antibiotics, which I picked up but am not to take unless no big improvement in a few days. Nice to have them on hand though.). So head is in a fog.

I've been trying but am not tracking as closely as I should - promise you all that WILL happen as soon as my IQ gets back to triple digits. My aim for today is to get the energy to make myself a big salad later.

Got more pics from Oregon yesterday - I promise not to photobomb you but the wonder on Caleb's face here is worth a share. Hugs to all.

5v9bjh72bska.jpg
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon!
    I've arrived in Chicago for Penny's performance tonight. So excited to see her in the show.
  • bertevans
    Options
    Well I guess I hit the post reply!
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I've logged into WW-
    I have 30 daily and 48 weekly - but I do have the tracker set up to use my fitbit exercise first- maybe I should change that... Suzi- thoughts?
    Love to do screen shots daily- my cell 413-563-5386
    Janet- loved Caleb's face- he's like what the heck- I liked it better when she was in your tummy mommy.
    Too cute.
    OK- off to Rick's med appointment- we'll see how much fun this is...
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

Calories for me yesterday was 1116. My daily goal is 1200 or less. No exercisr yesterday. Ugghh.

Suzi- I'd like to trade trackers! Yesterday was my first tracking in far too long. Glenn had ice cream last night but I declined!! Yeaaa! But I was so tired I did not walk. Tonight we are eating out, over on the Causeway at Felix's. So yummy seafood.

Janet- Soon you will be mobile. April is upon us.

Cindy- I loved your blog. Stella!!!!!

My back has been killing me. Time for a massage.

Later my friends.

Karla

Ps- going to Panama City tomorrow to see my dad
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Cindy and Karla if you want to trade trackers. My cell is 405-641-6250. That reminds me, need to track my lunch!

Right now, I'm in the middle of moving my house plants outdoors for the season. LOVE this time of year!
  • smack59
    Options
    Today's report: ate 33 points worth, leaving 30 in my WPA. Exercise today was just steps 8,329 for 10 FP's earned giving me a total of 54 toward my weekly goal of 100. I'm going to need to get busy if I'm going to hit that goal!

Cindy and Karla - I sent you a text with my tracker screenshots.

Until tomorrow,
    Suzi
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Hi Ladies-
    Suzi I received your text and I'll update my tracker this AM so you'll see it soon-
    Med appointment was very good for me- I've pulled the curtain away from Rick's illness for his med therapist and she changed it- so pleased I was heard.
    He wasn't happy when we left but I remained firm - this is what happens in therapy the real kind- its hard and uncomfortable and just downright painful at times. Thursday after work won't be a picnic either and I've warned him. I'm going to be honest but kind. He said he understands and I reminded him there is no room for the silent treatment when we leave- he checks his anger at the door. I also told him I have made zero commitment to stay in this marriage as I will NOT live this way any longer.
    I was very happy with myself - after telling him i *kitten* footed around all of his issues for 3 years- that is over and the direct and kind Cindy is back. He said he understood.
    So we shall see...
    Need to run but wanted to share.
    tracker to follow.
    CIndy
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I had a wonderful evening with friends. This couple is the brother of my long time girlfriend, Sandy, that passed in 2010, my best friend for 38 years. The company made the meal, but the meal of out of this world. The service at this restaurant is divine, they were astounded. It is right on the water and we were there for the sunset. They have traveled the world and were awestruck.

Cindy- You rock and you are so correct in what you are doing. You are helping Rick in ways he may not understand now, but hopefully it will hit him one day. I could never get through to my first husband. It has been 17 years since I divorced him, he lives alone in the house we bought together, still bitter against me, our property division and all women for that fact. We went through therapy for over a year, medication therapy also. I know where you are sister. Keep in your mind what a wonderful man I have in Glenn.<<wink>> I sent you my tracker for the last two days.

I decided to wait until Monday to go see my dad. A couple of issues here and with the bone density test today it would cut into my time with him having to come back early Friday to pick JJ up.

I must exercise today after that scrumptious Shrimp and Crabmeat Au gratin casserole last night. opps!

Karla
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm heading home this morning. Penny wasn't happy when she had to go to school. She wanted to spend the day with me, but was sort of ok when I explained I had to go home today. Melts my heart. Dylan is old enough to understand. He was interred I. Going to school to trade his football cards! More later when I get home. Have a great day everyone!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hi, all.

Cindy, you are the very model of grace under pressure. Brava! Our hearts are with you; soon you will be able to breathe more easily in your own home. Tremendously sad but true.

Bert, how was the show? It's sweet that Penny wants every second she can with you. Safe travels.

Karla, hope your osteopenia is no worse. Your dad will be happy to see you whenever.

Suzi, how's the gardening coming? It gives me vicarious joy.

Patti and Diane, waving hello. Ditto Myra and MaryLynn.

Still fighting the sinus infection. The nurse practitioner I spoke with via television called this morning & said if things aren't improved tomorrow morning, I should start the antibiotics. I am draining more today but still have no energy - was utterly useless yesterday.

Please say a prayer for little Brady, my cleaner's baby grandson. He has RSV and they took him to the ER yesterday. Am a bit worried because she's supposed to come today and I haven't heard from her, no response from text. Thinking she may have been at her daughter's last night to help with the baby and is sound asleep. Just hope the little one is OK - my best friend's baby grandson just went through this.

Hugs to all (from a distance - no one needs this sinus garbage!
  • smack59
    Options
    Hi gang! Very busy day here. Dave and I spent the morning working on one of the sailboats getting her ready to go in the water, if it ever rains! Right now the lake water level is so low, I'm not sure we could get her out of the harbor. I'm doing a little work now while Dave is napping and the dogs are outdoors barking. We have Thunder tickets tonight, so between that and this morning's chores at the boat club where pets are not allowed, poor Ellis will be spending quite a bit of time "in the box" (crate).

Janet - rest well my friend and get well soon. Prayers for Brady are a done deal. Do you have any new pix of Cady & Caleb?

Karla and Cindy - thanks so much for doing the tracker challenge and sharing with me. It helps me focus so much better!

Bert - safe travels! Hoping to see some pix from the show when you have a chance.
  • bertevans
    Options
  • bertevans
    Options
    Penny was Prince Baba of Ganush and Guard #3 in Aladdin, Jr. I'm so proud of her. She knew the songs and did most of the movements to perfection!

Bert
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm sorry I've been silent for so long. I'm just not in the swing of tracking and trying to lose weight, and somehow that translates to distance on my part. I've been tracking just my breakfast to keep my streak going, and have been reading but not participating in the discussion. Somehow I need to get my head back in the game. Maybe I need to go back to WW.

We've been spending time helping our son with his house again. With the baby due in September, he is motivated to FINISH the rest of the jobs. So John is working on building kitchen and mudroom cabinets. I helped paint their master bedroom and closet last weekend. (They have never finished and moved into the master.) This weekend we will tile the new mudroom floor if they decide on tile, and work on closet shelving and window trim in the master and the nursery.

Carrie is doing as well as can be expected. She is getting around more, still on crutches for the most part or the walker. Her next DR appointment isn't until April 11, which is when (hopefully) her doctor will tell her she can start putting weight on it. We figure it will be another 6-8 weeks after that before she can start driving again.

I like the idea of posting our calories at the end of the day. Maybe that will force me to track, and tracking will force me to think about what I am putting in my mouth.

Bert what a darling group of pictures! That is the kind of show Carrie teaches music for - youth theater productions. They are doing Shrek Jr. this spring - a cast of 16 kids ages 8-13. They also have a workshop for kids ages 5-8, who are doing Snow White.

And Janet, congrats on the new grand niece, and prayers and best wishes for the big brother and family. Another cutie! Prayers for Brady as well.

Cindy, you are standing up for you. Maybe it will force Rick to take a hard look at himself and maybe not, but at least you can say you are being true to yourself now.

Karla you are doing so well on your tracking. And you have such a fun sounding social life! How close is Glen to retirement now? Is he counting down the days yet?

Patti if you are reading your costume looked so cute, and it sounded like a fabulous party.

Suzi I didn't know you had boats too! You are the busy bee indeed!

All now. I will try to check in more regularly.

Diane
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm sorry I have such tragic news to report. My youngest brother's ex-wife was killed in a car accident at 3pm yesterday, and 30 minutes later 7 miles down the same road, her daughter, my great niece, 8 yo, was ran over and killed. The mother was on the way home and to the bus stop when she was hit head on. The child was left alone at the bus stop and tried to cross a major highway by herself. Just doesn't sound right that the bus just left her there, but evidently that was where she waited for her mother to pick her up and when she didn't come she tried to cross the street herself. Of course my brother is devastated. As is my whole family. Both were pronounced dead at each scene. Unbelievable.

I'm talk tomorrow.

Karla
  • smack59
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Oh my God, Karla! What horribly tragic news. I don't even know what to say...

My report for today. Used a total of 45 points for the day, which leaves me with 15 WPA remaining. If only I hadn't screwed up and ordered hash browns at breakfast instead of fruit like I normally do, that would have been 37 points used for the day and I'd have kept my blue dot streak going! Still all within plan though and that's what counts. Earned 15 FP's for my 13,237 steps and another 6 FP's for an hour of boat bottom scrubbing. That puts me at 75 FP's earned toward my weekly goal of 100.

I have work in AR tomorrow and will probably stay overnight and come home Friday. That will give me a good opportunity to walk at one of my very favorite places in NW AR - Crystal Bridges Art Museum in Bentonville. They have several miles of walking trails and the landscaping is gorgeous! There should be some spring flowers too.

Diane - please look for a WW meeting in your area. Since your time is now more flexible, you should be able to find a good meeting, with both a good group and good leader that is convenient for you. It truly makes all the difference in the world. If you'd like to join Cindy, Karla and me doing the daily tracker text swap, just jump right in.

Night all,
    Suzi
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Good Morning Girls-

Karla- there are no words that can express how I feel at the devastating loss for your family. My heart goes out to you all.

I'll stop back later.
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is Greg's 41st birthday. Where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday he was born. Now he's a father and has been teaching for 20 years.

Yesterday's calorie intake was 100 less than my daily intake. Only 5,483 steps yesterday as I was in the car traveling home from Chicago. We shall see what today brings.

Diane: I'm just like you. I track breakfast and lunch pretty well. I don't plan on rejoining WW, but I definitely need a kick start. I'm so happy for those who have lost, but am frustrated for myself. I'm focusing on exercise right now and trying to lower my cholesterol. Hang in there. It's a small world, Carrie teaching music for Children's Theater. I taught elementary music for 9 years before getting my own elementary classroom.

Karla: SO sorry to hear of your family's tragedy. My prayers are with you and your family.

I have a visit this afternoon. I'm not happy with my student's lesson plans as they aren't detailed enough. I'm also getting tired of asking for assignments. They are college students for crying out loud.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert

• EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Karla so sad. I am so sorry for your loss, for your brother. I can't believe your niece was left at the bus stop alone either. What a tragedy. The only thing I can think is at least your niece didn't know about her mother.