OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Karla - just realized I didn't answer your question. Yes, please! I'm in for sharing trackers and minimum8,000 steps per day.
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Our cantata went well. The service was different, and the congregation said they loved it. I have 3 visits this week and then I'm done traveling. My students' final projects are due at the end of the week, so we shall see who is dedicated to their courses and who is not. This has been a very frustrating semester with the exception of 5 of the 11 students.

Diane: I love the Hallelujah chorus. Our choir can't sing Handel's Hallelujah Chorus anymore, so when it is done, it's a more modern version which is fine. The cantata this year was a combination of a video, play, and music. It was great.

Patti: Sorry about the rude customers. I know it makes things unpleasant.

Suzi: I'm not proud of my WI either. I do well for breakfast and lunch, and that's pretty much it. I did do better with water intake, so that's a plus. It's back on track for me. I like BAM; however, I've done too much BAMMING! :o)

Karla: You Easter pics were great. We usually color eggs with Jillian and Cole, but it didn't work out this year. Between their schedule and ours, we couldn't get a time where we were both together. I did hard boil some eggs for them and at least got to see them finished.

Janet: Glad you got to see the giraffe birth.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Good morning, having my coffee and omelet and listening to the birds singing. Lovely way to start my day. On tap: grocery, Hime Depot for paint supplies, Sherwin Williams for paint and then painting. Yesterday I got all the walls sanded, 2 bedrooms painted and kitchen walls washed down. Did not get to visit with my daughter, she and her husband went mushroom hunting and then had dinner plans. We chatted a bit by text and will meet up another time. Had the nicest surprise after I got home last night. Some dear friends brought dinner for me and Edd. They posted their dinner fare on FB and I commented that we were all alone eating PB&J. Next thing I know they are on their way over with a lovely dinner. The sad thing is I truly had made no plans for dinner and was getting ready to make us a turkey sandwich.

Better get this day started. Much to do. My goal for this week is to plan my meals better and to drink 8 ounces of water before I put anything else in my mouth each morning. I have gotten out of that habit and it is such an easy thing to do.

Will stop by tonight
    Patti
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Good morning all. Such a lovely spring day, except it is raining! I got some weeding done before it started to rain, in the next area I need to spread mulch in. But my plan to finish the pile on the driveway today is thwarted, unless it stops later. I was also supposed to help my son tile his mudroom later today, and that probably won't happen either. We have to set the tile saw up outside.

Son and DIL had a doctor's appointment today - supposed to get the news on boy or girl! I am anxiously awaiting the call.

We had a lovely Easter yesterday. Our choir anthem sounded really good, I think. Bert, it isn't the whole Hallelujah chorus, just a part of it. (And not the super high bit!) Dinner was a nice relaxed time, company was good, dinner prep was not too over the top, and my strawberry tart was a big hit. (And none left over, thank goodness!)

• EniadS
    Patti, how nice of your friends to think of you like that! Sounds like you have a busy day and week ahead. I do like keeping busy because it keeps me away from the kitchen.

Bert, sounds like your group of students this term has been disappointing. I'm sure you'll be glad to have the frustration over with. Sounds like the cantata was a success.

Cindy, hope your Easter dinner went well and without too much awkwardness. Have either of you said anything to Rick's family yet?

Suzi, stay strong on your trip this week! You can do this girl!

Karla, glad you were at least able to see Izzy on Easter. She brings such joy to your life.

Janet, Carrie has been in a good bit of pain and lots of swelling this week too. Working those muscles that have been unused for three months is hard work! Ice, ice, ice.
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Hi, all - it's back-on-track Monday here. Had a lovely and to horrible for me dinner at my friend Meg's yesterday. We had a good visit but the drive home was something else - would've been better off piloting an ark. We got 2-4" of rain yesterday and while I love a good rainy day, Easter is just cruel timing.

Lots to do here - I have my first PT appointment tomorrow and lots of paperwork for the afternoon. Also need to try on a few things I ordered from J. Jill.

Suzi, got home in time for Thunder game. I hate it when two teams I like play each other. Have I mentioned that Steven Adams scares me? I had checked final score on Ws before I got home but will watch second half on DVR later. Draymond Green is my very favorite player and yesterday he was a human highlight reel. Great piece on him in today's Washington Post.

Have a great day!
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    HI Ladies-
    It was a hectic weekend and I got some LR time- wrote a great chapter in book 7 and i got book six- new title Love in the Looking Glass just came back from the copy editor- so the work has real begun.
    Rick's family is in the dark about the situation by his choice- the girls and my mom know tho'
    Patti- I'll send you a pic of the coffee mug as soon as I have them. Thanks for your support with this adventure.
    Janet- PT sounds like a new adventure in your healing- so glad you're making such wonderful progress even though it's about to add to your pain level.- But this is good pain.
    Bert - I'm sure your church values all that you do.
    Karla- How was your family during the Easter holiday- I pray they drew strength knowing their sweet little girl is in heaven, smiling down.
    Suzi- BAM for sure- I need it today too. I ate way to many desserts and not enough good food to fill me up. LOL. I know that the good Lord has confidence in my strength but like you I wonder if he has a sense of humor too- there are some days I look up and say "Really?"
    Diane- How is Carrie doing- and the baby is...
    As you can tell it's taken me all day to get here and I'm ready to go home.
    Have a wonderful evening and see you all tomorrow.
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    edited April 2017
    Got it all done and had time to stop at Mom's and call in her refills to the dr office. I think she actually left 3 messages before I did, lol. She was convinced the call was cut off after the beep, not recording her message. I hope the nurses are kind. She has appointment next week but one of her BP meds runs out this Thursday. Her way of handling it was to just not take it. She is a stubborn woman. Back on track today. Luckily I never tire of a huge salad. Added a tiny bit of leftover ham, yum.

Cindy, I am so anxious for the next book. You are so welcome for the support. The best part is you are so talented that I would promote you even if I didn't know you. I hope you never doubt that. How did Meg's dinner go with our Mom?

Janet, sending you healing thoughts and strength for the start of PT. I am glad you had a lovely meal with your friend.

Bert, I bet you are glad you are done with this group.

My son and DIL are at Lake Havasu, so jealous!!! And here I am painting their rental property and babysitting their dogs.....where is the justice in that?

Chill time
    Patti
  • smack59
    Late check in for me but I wanted to get here to report my progress. On plan! No stupid eating and walked fast for about an hour before dinner. After getting back to the hotel, I worked on my "why". I had the notes I'd made back when we were doing "project me". I also found some old notes I'd made several years ago that have some suggestions that I'll share tomorrow for possible group,accountability we could use.

Later,
    Suzi
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is going to be gorgeous! I have a visit this morning and then will head to Greg's to watch Cole. He came home sick yesterday. They thought he had mono, but the tests came back negative. I'm happy about that. Mike is over there now so I could go to my visit.

Have to run. Have a great day, everyone! Breakfast is tracked!

Bert
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hello Ladies-
    A good food day for me yesterday but only 5k in steps. I know Suzi and Karla and hoping for 8k but just not in the cards this week. I'm really tired at the end of every day and I need to take care of the rest- my asthma is kicking in a bit- some kind of pollen I'm sure.
    Mom had a great time at Meg's and of course Meg cried when she left. I'm glad they were able to be together and now that its happened once I think Mom will go up again for a weekend or two. A double win for two loving women- Mom and Meg.
    I would like to talk about a group get together in the fall- if anyone's interested can you throw out some dates?
    Or text me if you'd like.
    Patti- I really do appreciate you- I got the book back from the editor and she is a romance editor and had lots of ways to improve the book- despite I know its the best I've written ;) I'm taking her input seriously. I made changes to the first chapter and sent it back to her for another review to make sure I understood her input. Well worth every penny.
    I'm supposed to do the cover shoot this week with Meg and Jim- Maybe Thursday- but hoping we have decent light- if not I need to find some canned lights to use.
    My question for the day- give one word that describes your WL journey and why. Let's try not to repeat each others words. I'm hoping it might give us all inspiration.

Ongoing- I've had ups and downs on this journey- literally. But I will persevere and not give up. I've been given a body that would last the most difficult times- if we lived 200 hundred years ago. But since we're in the 21st century I will stay the course and continue to work on being the best me I can.
    Have a great Tuesday.
    Cindy

• smack59
    Crap! MFP shut down and I lost a long post. Gotta dash.

Short AOTD - roller coaster. I'll explain later.

Suzi
  • luzingg
    Good morning ladies, sunny and beautiful here too. Going to Mom's shortly and am hoping the prescriptions got called in. Her Dr is a joy but her staff leaves much to be desired.

Cindy, with all the stress in your life, plus work and now allergy season I think you can give yourself a break on the step challenge. Sounds like you found a good editor and are not too proud to take advice. You just keep getting better with each book and I am always proud to tell my friends that I am friends with an author. I truly believe you are headed for a Hallmark movie of one of your books. As far as dates for fall. Best for me is the 4th weekend in September and the second and 4th weekends in October. I may have the third weekend in September open if we don't host the BMW rally this year. Let's make this happen this year.

Suzi, ^5 on sticking to your plan. Keep up the good work.

Bert, so sorry about Cole being sick, but how great that he has grandparents to care for him.

My word: schizophrenic! I have been everywhere on the spectrum with this journey. The only thing I never did was get to goal. I wish when I had hit the 60 pounds lost mark I would have called that a temporary goal and tried maintenance for a while. Instead I got tired of trying to lose and started heading the other direction. Have used every excuse in the book for my behaviors since then but all of them have just kept me from fully committing to get back on plan. This past weekend was a total disaster. Edd brought home pizza twice in 3 days......and I did not even try to resist or track, then Easter dinner from friends was laden with fat and cheese and ham! Also I bought a bag of individual ghiradelli dark chocolate squares to have one a day......they are gone and not one at a time! So once again I am in the zone and praying that this phase of my schizophrenic approach to weight loss lasts for weeks, not days.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    My word: ENDLESS. (Hey, it's more positive than "annoying")

Feeling drained tonight so will be brief. One good friend is being harassed by the guy who dumped her last fall. Another is in pain post-surgery and he's a guy, so ... high maintenance for a while longer. Wish i were closer so I could take better care of him than he is of himself. Not a lot of sleep last night but hope to reverse that tonight.

PT will be twice a week - pain for a good cause. Need to do a few exercises with it tonight too. She thinks I can regain a considerable amount of ankle flexibility. I hope I

Cindy, I hope to go to OR in September to visit my niece & her family but no idea when. It'll depend on their schedules. They get SO many family visitors but I have held off for a very long time because I don't want them to feel overwhelmed. Those of you who are close with your families - please treasure that for me. And I am, of course, ALL IN for a OMG gathering! We'll laugh until our faces hurt!
  • smack59
    So, roller coaster due to all the ups and downs, twists and turns, inability to see around the next corner that comes with weight loss and life.

I'm OK with my day today. Shouldn't have given in to that piece of cake, but happy with the rest of it, especially over 14,000 steps! Taking my walking gear with me again tomorrow and have already warned tomorrow's dinner date that I need to do my walking before supper.

Early to bed tonight because I have to be up early in he morning.

Suzi
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. I have a visit this morning and then it's a lunch date with my BFF. I'm looking forward to lunch!

QOD: Standstill

My eating was pretty good yesterday. I didn't get in my 10K steps today, but managed 6K. I'm with you, Patti, I get so frustrated trying to lose. I beat myself up over it. I want to get where I was 6 years ago. I know I'm not eating like I did back then, so it's my fault. I'll keep plunging ahead and try to better each day.

Have a great day,m everyone!

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited April 2017
    Good morning friends.

Suzi- We seem to be opposites. I am doing well the last two days with avoiding chips and cake but not getting in the big steps you are. I only got 4500 on Monday and 7000 yesterday. I did stop yesterday and took a 15 minute walk on my job, and then did some house walking to get to the 7000 yesterday. Getting up at 4am makes me tired in the early evening! I will try for two walks today! Thanks for the encouragement.

Janet- I know your friends appreciate your phone support. Such excellent news on your ankle!! This surgery, recovery and therapy will be well worth it in the long run it is sounding. I am so happy for you. Did you get your taxes sent off?

Cindy- I would love to get together in the fall. October would probably be the best month for me as September is when Glenn and I have our anniversary. I'm with Janet on the laughing and fun we are all we are going to have. Where is a central location?

Diane- Are you back on the mulch this week? You have such a lovely long drive and yard of bushes and flowers. What trips do John and you wish to plan this year?

Patti- Your time with your Mom always warms my heart. I can't wait for her to get her new glasses!

I am busy getting packed for the cruise! We leave this Saturday! I went and bought two new blouses yesterday with a nautical theme. So excited. I really need this! We have three other friends (couples) going with us, so lots of fun. We will be stopping in two ports in Mexico. It is a five day cruise. One night is the Meet The Captain, where you wear an evening gown. So fun.

I better get to work. I have an early seminar to go to.

Karla
  • EniadS
    Hello all. The baby is a girl! So excited. I think my son was privately hoping it would be a boy, though he didn't say so.

Yes, back on the mulch this week. I got the rest of the weeding done Monday then it rained, so didn't get to mulching until Tuesday. I almost finished it! I am visiting my mom today, so John will do the last few cartloads of mulch. He has helped a little bit but has been doing other things, so I spread most of the 30 yards alone. I am so sore!

Mom and I will go shopping for quilt fabric now we know about the baby. She made a bed quilt for each of her children, a bed quilt for each of her grandchildren, but just really isn't able to manage the large quilts anymore. So for her first great-grandchild she made a baby sized quilt, and wants to do the same for this one.

My WL journey could be called a mountain hike. Sort of like Suzi's roller coaster, but I didn't want to repeat. Struggling up the hills, then the easy slide back down into the valley, with another mountain to climb. I'm with Patti - I lost 60 pounds but didn't call that "goal," plateaued there for a long time and got frustrated, then gradually put almost 40 of it back on. I know I'm not as diligent as I was when I was losing well. My new goal is to get back to that point because I was truly quite comfortable at that weight - felt good, able to do things I wanted to do. I don't think I will ever get to what WW wants to be my goal.

• EniadS
    Karla, sounds like a cruise with so many of your friends will be a fun time! I wish I could avoid the sweets and chips - they are definitely my downfall. Keeping busy is the only way for me to avoid them, sine I have no willpower at all these days.

Suzi, one day at a time! Yay for yesterday's wins, and your plans to make today equally successful.

Bert, my in-laws were the wonderful, nearby grandparents that you and Mike seem to be. It was such peace of mind to know that if one of the kids got sick, the grandparents were almost always available, and only a few minutes away. That is what I want to do and be!

Janet, the PT will indeed be painful. Carrie comes home from hers aching, and ices twice more those days, and at least once every other day after her home exercising. If you don't have some reusable ice packs, invest in them now.

Janet, I have a serious question for you. You talk about being lonely where you live now, and that most of your relationships are with people who don't live nearby. Have you considered moving, now that you are no longer tied to a location by employment? I know if it weren't for the fact that our son lives near here, we would be moving to somewhere else for our retirement years!

Cindy, your editor sounds like a she has distinct ideas about your books. Do you agree with the changes she is suggesting? If so, she sounds like a gem.

Patti, have a good day with your mom. I wish mine lived a little closer to me, but after your experience of having your mom in Texas I know I am blessed as it is. (She is a little more than an hour away, as long as I time it around the DC rush hour traffic!)

I love this talk of an OMG reunion, but not sure if I will be able to participate. Our plan was to hit the road in February. Now we are planning for late June, maybe. We will have to come back home for a wedding in August, for the baby's arrival in September, and then will want to be on the road again through to Thanksgiving, probably on the west coast. So I'm not sure I will be able to do something like a weekend somewhere. You guys plan without me, and if I can make it I will.

Later - need to get on the road to mom's since the worst of the traffic should be done now.

Diane
  • luzingg
    Good morning all my lovely friends. We all seem to have similar explanations for our WL journey. Nice to know I am not alone but sure wish our collective consciousness could get us beyond all these stand stills, peaks and valleys, rollercoasters, ongoing, and endless schizophrenia!

Now for today's chuckle. The number Mom had been leaving messages for prescription refills was a trucking company. The VM just says you have reached the mailbox for......a bunch of letters that we both thought were an acronym for the clinic. They kindly called back yesterday, apologized for being closed on Monday, and told her she had the wrong number. OMG! We laughed until we cried. She has the best sense of humor.
    Last night at TRX I hurt my back.....during th warm up! It was more of a spasm than an injury, but it put me on the floor. I was standing on my left leg, bent at the waist with right leg straight back and parallel to the floor, hands out to my sides. Sort of a one legged airplane. A move I do every time I do TRX. All of a sudden the spasm hit and down I went. I could not stand, sit or lie down without pain. One of the ladies in my class is a licensed massage therapist and immediately started working on me and got the spasm to quit. I was in too much pain to finish class and was really bummed. The therapist and trainer had me sit in a hot tub for 15 then ice for 15 for 3 rounds. No further spasms and it is just sore today. Guess it pays to listen to the professionals. Going to finally go see Beauty and the Beast with my GFs. They have both seen it but are looking forward to seeing it a gain. Then lunch, hopefully at Red Robin, since that is the menu I have checked out, lol.

Janet, hope you got some much needed sleep. You are such a good friend. I bet your niece is anxiously awaiting your visit.

Suzi, you are rocking it. Give yourself a hug and pat on the back. Looking forward to what you have dug up for challenges for us.

Diane, we will understand if you are not able to make our gathering. You have postponed your travels and I know you must be chomping at the bit to be on the road.

Bert, enjoy your BFF time. I think every minute we spend with our BFFs lengthens our life.

Cindy, is today your dad's Dr visit? Hope they find a way to make him more comfortable. Will your step sister keep you informed?

Karla, you are going to have so much fun. And I know how much you love dressing up, so the Captain's dinner should be special.

On the OMG gathering, I think we need to defer to Cindy for choice of location since she is the only full time employee in the group. Starting to sound like October would be best. 3rd weekend is Yayas at the cabin, so all the rest are free for me.

Time to get my Disney on
    Patti