OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Hi, all. PT kinda beat me up (for a good cause). Got taped with that athletic stuff, but blue argyle (!). Ran a couple of errands, now trying to chill and do laundry before straightening up for cleaner tomorrow. My week is scheduled fairly heavily but I hope to go visit my friend in SC soon - need a change of scene and I should be able to manage the drive now. I look pretty awkward with boot and cane, but so be it.

Ordered Chinese delivery last night but aside from spring roll, made decent choices - a dry-rubbed shrimp dish and a child-size portion of beef & broccoli (to reach minimum for delivery). So I have a few meals' worth already in the fridge. Tiredness is getting me so it might be time for a little nap. Hugs to all.
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Hi gang!

Accountability first: consumed 42 points yesterday (all those carbs for upset tummy were point heavy), so not a blue dot day. So far I have 2 out of 3 days this week. 30 WPA left for the week and on track so far today for a blue dot day today.

Janet - it's good to see you with your chin up and making the most of PT.

Whoops! News is on and basketball right after. More later.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Janet, it would be so nice for you to be able to visit your friend but I hope it is not too much for you. I know it would do your heart, mind and soul a world of good.

Suzi, great job.hope you are feeling better. Enjoy your games.

I had a great time with Mom. We both are enjoying Feud, so much more than we thought it would be. I was very worried about returning to the gym but I think it was a good move. I was very careful. No one legged moves, no twisting and stopped if it hurt, which only happened on one exercise. She gave me some alternate moves for the one leg squats and that worked out great. I don't hurt any worse than before I went to class. Lunch with the girls tomorrow so I need to go check the website for good choices.

I have tracked it all-food, water and exercise. I have to make this work.

Patti
  • smack59
    Patti - have you considered trying one of those portable TINS devices that you stick on your back to provide electronic stimulation? When I tweaked my back in January just before a work road trip it was an absolute lifesaver! The one I got was Alene Direct Therapy. I'll post a pic of the box after this post.
  • smack59
  • luzingg
    Suzi, I know about these but had really thought about it for my back. I will check it out after my lunch today. The good news is I am not any more sore than I was yesterday morning. So looks like the gym is not hurting it. Thanks for the info.

Lunch with the girls at a gourmet pizza place with the best salads. I am getting one called The Drunken Goat. Lots of greens, almonds, grilled chicken and goat cheese. I will save part of it (whatever I think I can eat in 15 minutes, lol) to take to work.

I think Karla gets home today. Can't wait to hear all about her trip. Hope she was pampered and fully relaxed.

Yesterday: blue dot for me. I think I like this way of tracking my success
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Good morning.

Suzi, thanks for the TENS idea - will ask my physical therapist if she thinks a cheap home one might help my back - I do get stim every other PT appointment.

Patti, that salad sounds delicious!

Cindy, do you and Rick have therapy this week? Thinking of you.

Bert, when will you have all your evaluations turned in so you can start summer vacation? Got the pool filled yet?

Karla, welcome back - hope you had a good (if brief) time every minute of your cruise!

Ate decently yesterday and off to an OK start today. I am re-resolving NOT to eat first thing - for rest of this week, nothing but black coffee & water before 11 and will move it back to noon in a couple of weeks. It has worked for me in the past, so ... My cleaner's car died (transmission croaked in a really un-fun spot for that to happen) so she'll check in later; I'm expecting her to reschedule.

My tomorrow is a cluster of appointments - endocrinologist first thing (get it OVER WITH!), then errands before noon PT and manicure late afternoon. Probably followed by a nap! Trying to figure out when to visit my SC buddy is tough - PT twice a week and other appointments all over the calendar - next month will bring visit to the radiologic oncologist, almost certainly followed by at least two weeks of low-iodine diet and followup scan. Traveling during low-iodine time is just not practical - can't really have anything prepared by anyone but me. So ... will figure something out.
  • smack59
    Mornin' y'all! Quick check-in for me. We just got home from yoga and I need to do some work today. Need to at least get last week's time and an expense report submitted.

Yesterday was a blue dot day and I hit my 10,000 step goal, too.

Later,
    Suzi
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    HI Ladies-
    I have 100 pages left to review before book 6 can go back to the proof reader- I never trust my self with commas-
    Rick and I go tomorrow night- 630- Janet thanks for thinking of me.
    I've officially registered for Romance on the Lake June 24 in Lake George and next May and August somewhere in Penn- new King of Prussia I think.
    Patti- glad the gym didn't bother your back- the portable TENS unit is a great idea
    Janet- You are getting antsy which is a very good sign- keep up the PT work and you'll be waltzing, that is if you want too.
    Suzi- good for you with the good day-
    I'm eating well but I'm so exhausted at night I can't remember to finish my tracker to send it to you- I'm such a slug.
    I'll get better at this.
    Karla- hope the trip was wonderful -
    Work has been busy too- oh jeez this post is all over the board. Like my brain.
    need to run
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    My salad was awesome with plenty left for dinner. Unfortunately I ate the 2 slices of pizza crust/bread but I tracked it and everything else, over by 111 calories but proud of myself for being honest with my tracker. Bought the Icy Hot version of the tens unit because it was cheaper and I am optimistic this is going to be a short lived injury. I would recommend the Aleve brand because it has a remote control. Mine has the controller on the pad itself. Tried it and I think it worked. Will report more tomorrow. Gotta go to work

Cindy, love Lake George, awesome place to visit and for a seminar/retreat.

Later
    Patti
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Hello all. On the road home from our camping trip. First day was great. We got in a five mile hike before the rain started. It then rained solid for the next 48 plus hours. We went to Charlottesville one day and took a historic tour of the UVA campus, designed by Thomas Jefferson. The second rainy day we sat and read books. Today was gorgeous and sunny and we did an extremely strenuous hike, more than we bargained for. 10.8 miles, about 2000 feet of elevation change, and we couldn't even make good time on the way down because we crossed a talus field for about 2 miles of the down!

We had arranged for rides for Carrie to and from PT today, and when we said we couldn't hike till today she found a ride TO work but we thought we would be off the trail at least two hours earlier than we were and would be home in time to get her FROM work. Just texted her to try to find a ride or take a cab and we will pay. I feel so bad for stranding her like that.

Eating was not so good. Especially stuck in the camper all day yesterday. Today I burned enough calories to eat anything I want!

I do like the idea of accountability and getting back to our roots. I will start tomorrow and will report whether I tracked everything and how I did relative to my calorie goal. I do allow myself 1450 a day not the 1200 MFP wants me to have.

Hope this long post from my phone and on the road goes through. Will stop now and work on personals tomorrow.
  • smack59
    edited April 2017
    Janet - cindy was exactly right - if you're getting antsy, that's a good sign! I'm so proud of you for doing your PT and sticking with it. It's certainly not for sissies! The TENS would probably help your back, or at least, it won't hurt anything to try, but you're doing the right thing to ask about it first.

Cindy - all that matters is that you're eating well. Track when you can. I'll be here when you're ready. Right now, I'm doing good at holding myself accountable to the group.

Patti - glad you got the unit and it feels like it's working. I actually wore mine for 2 straight days during a conference I was facilitating and with the remote control, nobody knew I was wearing it except my boss who'd given me a ride to go buy it! If you had pizza and we're only over by 111 calories, that's a win!

Diane - your hiking trip sounds like ours was back in March. We even woke up one morning to sleet on the ground! It's good y'all were able to get away for a few days anyway and give Carrie a break from too much parental oversight!

Later,
    Suzi
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Use are back
  • luzingg
    Welcome back Karla.

Diane, hope all went well getting Carrie home from work. I am sure she understood. Your trip had it's good moments and you certainly earned your food.

Suzi, thanks for the tip on TENS, don't know why I didn't think of it myself, lol. It has really helped. Woke up with just a minor amount of soreness today.

I got 15K steps yesterday and succumbed to some Dove dark chocolate that was in the break room, ugh. Decided to not try going to the gym this morning, since it is a circuit class with lots of weights, running, squats and lunges. Will go tonight to TRX and tomorrow to Zumba/Pilates. Going with Edd to see a surgeon for his huge umbilical hernia. I have been pushing him for a while to get this taken care of. I got him a referral to the surgeon who did my GFs lumpectomy. He was so gracious and kind to us when we were there with her husband. My gf raved about him too, so that makes me feel very comfortable with him.

Have a great day one and all.
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    We had a fabulous time!!! So much fun we are all planning our next cruise together!! Everyone got along great and it was the relaxation we all needed. The water in Mexico was unbelievably beautiful. So turquoise blue. The ships service was impeccable and the comedians were a hoot. I had over 13k steps most everyday. I have a tan!!

Anyway, I am glad you all missed me, as I have thought of you all too.

Suzi- I will be back to tracking tomorrow and sending it to you. Plus I see we will report here.

Cindy- good news on the book. I've missed you dear.

Janet - So sorry for your pain.

Patti- Thanks for missing me and sorry for your continued pain with your back!!

Diane- Glad you got away.

I just had the best time! It was so awesome.

Karla
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    So, report for yesterday. I ate 1850 calories, which is over my allotted 1450, but MFP says I burned about 3000, so I am calling that a blue dot day. However, mentally looking back at the last four days, and looking at my tracker for a week before that, I think I am not getting enough fruits and vegetables. I miss the GHG in the WW tracker. So that is my OMG for the next week - five servings of fruit and vegetable daily. To that end, I am sitting here right now with a big salad for lunch, with some lean chicken breast and half an avocado along with about 2 cups of veggies. I even read the dressing bottles and chose the lowest calorie one! I have planned and tracked dinner, and I have about 350 calories left for a snack - which will contain either an apple or a banana to get my second fruit of the day.

Now I'm heading out to cut the grass - with two days of heavy rain plus the spring growth, it is very tall! That will help me get my steps and activity for the day.

Back later for personals - welcome back Karla!
  • smack59
    Welcome back Karla! Glad you had such a good time on your cruise.

Report from yesterday: used 27 of 30 points so that's good for another blue dot day. For the second night in a row I needed a glass of milk at bedtime to get my points high enough for a blue dot. That was a first! I have 30 WPA left in the bank and may need some today. I'm volunteering with a group from the bank counting money at the OKC Arts Festival. They have the most fabulous and fabulously not WW-friendly food! My plan is to try and pick out one or two things and not over-indulge. We'll see how it goes.

I'm feeling very in control right now and can feel the positive energy we've built together. One thing that I think is really helping me is journaling at the end of each day. I do an assessment of how the day went, how I felt, what challenges I faced, what adjustments I want to make for the next day, etc. Most days it's a short paragraph; others it's a full page or more. I also note my exercise completed that day and I list all my "credits" for the day - good decisions, actions toward my OMG and long-term goals, checking in here and with the WW Facebook groups,etc. I feel laser-focused right now and I think that's the difference.

Off for my volunteer assignment.

Later,
    Suzi
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    hi Girls-
    I tracked the 4 Oreos I had yesterday- don't know how the "popped" into my mouth. That bag has been in the cabinet for months- but I guess that's why I have it there. I'm one of those people that will binge bad if the food isn't where I can see it. BAM
    I was under calories for yesterday and I tracked it all- go figure.
    Just figured up todays and have to adjust dinner to a salad with protein only. It's ok tho' I have been salad out for a few days now.
    Karla- SO glad you had fun. Welcome back.
    Suzi- Another blue dot day- WOW
    Diane- sorry about the rain but camping is still fun.
    Janet- where are you?
    Patti- glad you're feeling a little better.
    The event is a book fair with only romance authors- so I have a table to see books. My plan is to get Love in the Looking Glass up for pre-order mid May with the release planned for June 19- the day I turn 55.
    That will put books in my hand for the June 24th event.
    Now its back to writing the first draft of book 7- I have about 20k more words before I can start editing. Also I got the logo's back for the coffee mug- they're perfect. I just need to print them and try them on the samples before pulling the trigger for ordering.
    Sorry I must bore you with all the author talk.
    next week- I'm going to start walking again- Starting Saturday... the weather has finally turned nice.
    Need to run- Happy our family is back together again.
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Karla, sounds like the perfect vacation

Suzi, yeah on the blue dot again and the laser focus. Hope it helps carry you past the tempting foods today.

Cindy, we are not bored with author talk. Love hearing the progress you are making and knowing I will soon be reading your next book! Really excited about the coffee mug.

Diane, good focus. I do fine with veggies but not so good with fruit. Guess it is because I am not a sweets lover.

Got lots of little cleaning chores done this morning. Then had to deal with some problems mom was having with getting her prescriptions filled. Dr visit went well and Edd will be having his hernia repair May the 10th, outpatient but not laparoscopic because it is too big. He will have to wear a binder for 3 months and no lifting over 20 pounds for 6 weeks. All doable. Can't believe the difference the TENS made. No pain at all since I got out of bed. Will still be cautious in class tonight.

Janet, I hope PT was not too brutal and that you were able to get your errands done and are now resting.

Food tracked so far, but not sure what is for dinner. Waiting to see if Edd will be home. But I have options

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    edited April 2017
    Hi, all and welcome back, Karla!!! Glad the trip was all you hoped it would be.

Very tired but another productive day - was gone from 8:15-4:45, except for a quick zip home to put groceries away. Bloodwork looked fine at endocrinologist - next month we see what oncologist has to say. PT was good but she told me I am probably pushing myself too much using the foot, but I have run no unnecessary errands - just gotta do certain things. Promised her I'd stay down more between now and next appointment on Tuesday. Got groceries today -- lots of fruits & veggies, some reasonably healthy spicy black bean hummus and fresh house-made salsa. And I have pale aqua fingernails.

Diane, I'm getting back to thinking about the GHGs again too.

Suzi, please bottle your focus and share with the class!

Cindy, love the "author talk."

Patti, poor Edd - he will not like having to wear the binder during the summer but glad he's getting it fixed, especially because I'd imagine the bike might be rough on him.

OK, going to try on a couple of tops I ordered which arrived today, then watch hoops in my bedroom with feet up. Had an awful stress nightmare this morning that has stuck with me so may take an Advil PM to make sure I get better sleep tonight.

Hugs to all - wishing you all a great weekend and Karla, hope you get your landlubber legs back quickly! You both look wonderful in the photo.