OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi All- quick stop for the moment- have read all and will be back.
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    It's going to be a busy week as I get ready for the first big weekend at the cabin. Expecting 15-20. Everyone brings their own drinks and lots of food, but I always prepare to feed them all just in case. I usually end up with enough meet to last 1/2 the summer, lol. Still have time with mom on Tuesday and the gym. Going to a local "hippy" town Wednesday with the girls for shopping and lunch then work. Thursday I am getting up early to have breakfast with my daughter across town, followed by Costco shopping and the gym. Hope to go to my gym class Friday morning then we will pack and head to the cabin. I think Edd wants to leave Thursday night. So we may drive separately. Time will tell. So with this is. Ind here is a quote for today.

You should be a priority. Not an option, a last resort or back up plan.

PRIORITIZE YOU
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Good afternoon. I have been working from home today and just stopped for a bite to eat. I am really hungry today and trying to fight it off!!

Patti and Diane- My shutters need to be repainted on my home. They are not wood. Appear to be a vinyl plastic of some sort. The original green is very weather faded. What type paint do I use? Do I just paint over the current faded green? I was thinking of going with black since that looks nice, but my door is the green. The door is wood and doesn't appear to need painting. What to do?

I am down 1.1 pounds. I felt it has been creeping down. We just had two meals yesterday since a late breakfast and late lunch. It was a fun weekend with JJ and Izzy. We went and picked up Junior Friday night, which is JJ's cousin. They got to swim in Saturday between the mild rain.

Patti- You sound very happy. Your life is very full of family and friend, work and play.

I better get back to work so I can clean out one closet today too.

Karla

• luzingg
    Work just flew. We were so busy,hardly time to think. Things are getting ugly. They have hired some new employees with no experience into full time positions, turning down some part time internal candidates. The air is humming with discontent. I just nod and smile and agree or sympathize as the moment requires. Not getting involved but hope the new folks are workers not shirkers.

Karla, the best way to paint is to take them down and spray paint them if you can. Quick and you get better coverage. I think black would be fine
    Congrats on your loss.

Lots to do, check back later
    Patti
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Hi gang! We've spent the bulk of our time the last 4 days at the ballpark watching the OU Sooner softball team play their way out of the losers bracket. They're the defending national champions and lost the first game of the regionals. Today they beat Tulsa for the second time to win the region. They play in Auburn next weekend in the super regionals for a spot in the women's college World Series.

Up until today, we had managed to eat at home and I had a couple days of blue dots on Saturday and Sunday. No blue dot today. We had pizza for lunch at my very favorite local pizza joint on Campus Corner. 24 points and worth every single bite!

We went to the Y this morning and after yoga I finally tried the aqua HIIT (high intensity interval training) class. Loved it and WOW what a workout! I was absolute jello when I crawled out of the pool. That one is a keeper. Now I need to schedule weight training in somewhere else. I want to be more deliberate with weight training as I believe it will not only get me more toned looking as I lose weight, it will also help me keep the weight off once I get back to goal weight.

Patti - I wish my family would come to the lake with us the way your family enjoys your cabin. After the big fiasco last week, I've vowed that I'm through planning and inviting them. They're welcome anytime they want to come, but I'm done reunion planning.

Karla - I think black shutters would look good with a green door.

Waving hello to everyone else. Janet travel safe.

Suzi
  • KarlaLM58
    Good evening. Looking at locations for our OMG retreat. Wyndham released their new site today and so far I like the new search. Are any of the below an option?

Wisconsin Dell's, WI
    Shawnee-on-DelawAre, PA
    New Bern,North Carolina
    Branson, Missouri
    Galena, IL
    Williamsburg, VA
    Chicago, IL
    Newport, RI
    Lake Lure, NC
    Sapphire, NC
    Sevierville, TN

All of the above have openings for October 12 through 15, with two bedroom deluxe. Multiple locations in some of these

Cindy- Let me know if any of these are doable for you. How was your weekend?

Suzi- I hear you on organizing people. Glenn's family has had a routine of yearly switching of family strains that take the year and it works well. We even did our turn from down here for a reunion held in Nebraska and it went smoothly with over 85 folks there. It's a dying tradition though. Sad to say.

Patti- Thanks for the painting advise. It's what Glenn said, and I definitely want to paint them off the house. I know you will have fun this weekend.

I'm tired, so better hush and rest.

Karla

• luzingg
    Karla, was Shawnee on Delaware the only PA town that has openings. Anything near Philly? All the others that you named would be too far for Cindy, closet being Williamsburg at 9 hours away for her and 10-12 hours for the rest of us.

• EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Good evening all. Today has been busy getting things ready for us to be gone the rest of the week. I don't know how much I will check in - I may just track enough to keep my streak alive lol.

Suzi, it is exciting to watch the local teams do well. The NCAA Lacrosse semifinals will feature four Maryland teams (two mens, two womens) out of the eight teams. And none of the MD teams are playing each other in the semis, so if all four win both finals could be all MD teams! Lacrosse is a huge sport here in the schools and club teams. My son played for years, including JV his sophomore year in high school and then he couldn't make the (very competitive) team after that.

Karla I agree that spraying the shutters off the house would work the best. I don't think the door and shutters need to match - in fact I think it looks nice to have the door be a different spot of color.

Patti just keep above the fray at work. Hopefully the new hires will be hard workers.

Waving hi to everyone else - as I said I probably will not be able to check in much for the next week.

Diane
  • KarlaLM58
    Hello all. Rainy days down here and flooding. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice.

Patti- I usually need to plan 9-12 months in advance to get prime locations, so yes, these are the only ones with that weekend available.

Diane- I know you are excited about your trip.

I'll be back later.

Karla
  • cindyr619
    Hi Ladies-
    Topic OMG weekend- Since I will be driving after work I would prefer to not drive over 5 hours- but I can be flexible if need be. Although Newport RI is on the list and its one of my favorite spots so Karla if you ever head up there let me know. It's a 3 hour drive from home. I can goggle the one location in PA and see what it says for a drive- I always that PA was a small state but it does have some LONG roads.
    Be back in a bit.
  • cindyr619
    I just check Shawnee on Delaware would work for my drive- what about everyone else?
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Afternoon, Ladies. We had a great time this weekend. It rained on Saturday, so we didn't get to see Dylan's soccer game, but we did everything else. Yesterday, Mike and I took the EL (the first time by ourselves) and visited Wrigley Field. It was so much fun. Not much of a crowd while we were there which was great! I got 13K+ steps in yesterday!

Karla: I know mine is carbs too, although, it's just frustrating to try so hard and get no results.

Patti: I hate carrying purses. I would rather have the tiniest of purses just like you.

Have a good evening, everyone!

Bert
    vvluyk1u86b4.jpg
    gu9oslaav3g4.jpg
    nt47qarpeeji.jpg

• bertevans
    uypcbeguzuqk.jpg
    jxsvkjx4f605.jpg
    559mjqy687x2.jpg
  • luzingg
    Bert, great pics. Your grands are just too cute and so are you and Mike.

Shawnee on Delaware would be about 9 hours for me if I pick up Meg on the way and about 11 hours for Janet. What do you all say? I can do it.
  • cindyr619
    Good Morning Ladies!
    Bert- those pictures made me grin and your daughter- priceless. Thanks for sharing.
    I missed blue dots after breakfast- in a moment of weakness I grabbed a Hershey choc and soft caramel and ended up eating 3 more- the co-worker was going to get MORE out of me and I begged for mercy- obviously they were overly delicious. Today I'll try to be stronger.
    Patti and Janet- I need to get the shipping rate to ship your mug and tumbler- we'll get the pictures up on the website soon too- just a lot going on finalizing the new book- I'm still waiting for the final cover files from Myrna, my artist friend.

Did anyone see the newsletter yesterday? Thoughts? Honesty is good please.
    Janet did the visit go wonderful? Missed seeing you here.
    Need to run- big waves to all
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night. I love being with the kids in Chicago, but like to be home as well. Today will be spent around the house getting things ready for Dan, Annie, Dylan, and Penny to arrive on Friday.

Have a good day, everyone!

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    Hello everyone. Midweek and all is well here it appears. I am at work , so will make this a quickie.

Glenn is wanting us to take a trip in August or September now. This won't affect me coming, I have already told him about our OMG retreat. I am looking at airline tickets now and trying to determine where to fly into.

Cindy - Put me in for a mug!! Can't ever have to many. I am good on tumblers if you are talking the kind you travel with. Wyndham gives them to me all the time. I'm getting so excited here. :Look for my text.

Karla

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Hi, all - Too zapped for personals, except - yes, I could do PA - probably about 12 hours, factoring in a couple of quick stops. And Bert - loved the pics. What a fun trip!

Got home yesterday - drove all the way in the rain but no big delays and manageable traffic, so a good day. The cats were very glad to see me (& vice versa). My trip was just what I needed - a break from self-imposed gotta-dos and household tasks. The drive each was was, as usual, precious time to just BE. Had PT and got the house cleaned today. Very tired and going to bed early (was up at 5:30 for 7 AM PT).

Not a blue dot day yesterday or today but am all right with that. My friend said he was craving a Cheesecake Factory Chinese Chicken Salad. So I went to the supermarket Monday and got what I needed to create a simulation, within limitations of available ingredients. It wasn't bad and a nice way to thank my host for taking such good care of me. So much laughter, the blast of watching NBA Playoff games with him, lots of music, great conversation and also plenty of lovely quiet time, which we both treasure. And it was just happymaking to meet his son, who's just great.

So tired - time to shower and get into my pjs!
  • smack59
    OMG
  • smack59
    Crap! Nearly the whole post poofed. That makes two in a row and I'm too tired to do it again.