OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Quick hello and I am off to visit my son and family. Glenn just left to play in a golf tournament with his eldest son. I'm not sleeping hardly at all. Feel awful today but am getting things done.

Patti- Men don't like to admit having accidents or injuries. I'm glad he is somewhat oay. I do not like motorcycles. I have a friend that lost her husband to one, but a friend of mine's best friend is in the hospital right now from a motorcyclr accident. Multiple surgeries required to fix his foot and leg now. I did one perm one time and never again. It took it three years to leave my hair. It was way too curly and I spend more time trying to fix it than before.

Diane - I have windshield coverage on my Allstate policy that is $150 for a new windshield and the rock marks are fixed free. We are on the interstate a lot and get them frequently. I'm glad Carrie is out and about. I know you will love being on the road with John, just he and you. I feel like I don't get enough time with my husband. We are heading out for a couple weeks in late August and I look forward to it.

Bert - I feel your pain! I agree it Is the food choices we are making and or the combination of bad foods. I never eat over 1200 calories a day and still don't lose. I feel your pain!!!

Janet - I have a beautiful coral color on my toes, I keep clear polish on my fingernails.

I better get going,

Later,
    Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Hello, all.

Patti, what IS it with men and illness/injuries? Edd's married to a NURSE, for pity's sake. Silly guy - hope he heals quickly.

Bert, hope you are feeling much better soon. Stay on it with your doc - that has to be miserable.

Karla, I know you'll have fun with the family. I've told my manicurist I *might* get a pedi thus summer. My feet are just horribly hideous and touchy & I haven't been able to wear sandals in years but maybe occasionally in an ugly-but-supportive style next year.

Diane, you are a marvel of motion & multitasking, getting ready for a big trip and a small granddaughter. Something put a spiderweb crack in my windshield when my car was less than a month old. State laws on glass coverage vary - I was lucky to get my replacement done at my home and cost to me was minimal.

Suzi & Cindy, hope you're each having a great weekend - going to try to be productive here today. Hugs to all!
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Late quick check in - just staying really busy! Down 0.8 today at WW. 3 blue dot days in a row and 5 of last 7.

Those of you struggling with the scale - I URGE YOU to find a WW meeting that works for you! Even if you've had a bad experience in the past, find a different meeting with a different leader and different group. Not all are created equal. The program has changed and maybe even the personnel at your local WW center have changed. I tried for several years to do this myself online and it doesn't work for me! Maybe you need new input and more support than you're currently receiving by trying to do it by yourself.

Stepping off soapbox and going to bed.

Later,
    Suzi
  • KarlaLM58
    Suzi- I think I will try it again. Maybe Jodi will join with me? The leader here owns both locations and she rushes the meetings because she if rushing back and forth. But like you said, things may have changed. Thanks for the kick in the pants. Having to go weigh in someplace is a big motivator. There are also other weight loss places too. I've joined them all at one time or another!!

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers here and in heaven! I'm going next week to see mine!!

Glenn and I have had the best weekend. We checked out two more venues and today we have been lounging in bed watching Netflix. We really needed this!!

Karla
  • smack59
    Dadblamit! Another poofed post!

Karla - I'll post a screenshot I took of the WW Find a Meeting page showing Mobile and surrounding area. The thing you have to remember is you might not find a good fit the very first try. A really good meeting - meaning one with a good leader and a good, talkative, welcoming group - is worth a bit of a drive or getting up early on a Saturday for. I was very lucky when I first joined in 2007 and hit the jackpot with all 4, location, time, leader and group and still felt a bit awkward the first couple times I went just because I joined by myself and didn't know anyone else there. By the 3rd meeting, I was hooked. I kept attending that meeting even after my office moved across town because it was such a good one. I kept occasionally trying other meetings closer to home and even though my BFF joined and I attended a meeting with her in Midwest City where I live, it just wasn't the one for me. Eventually, I found my "Tribe" as we call the one I now attend and it's a perfect fit in every way. There's one out there for you, just keep trying them on until you find your Tribe.

Bert - I don't know exactly where you live, but if you'll post your zip code, I'll look up meetings in your area for you. Did you say a while back that you'd had a bad experience? Was that at a meeting or were you doing it online? In the "world according to Suzi" opinion, and based on several different research studies, those who attend meetings have a much higher degree of success.

I need to get up and get busy. I've got a long list of things I need to get done today so I can leave town early in the morning for what is likely my last bit of part-time employment. Full-time retirement coming soon.

Karla - I'll text the screenshot to you instead of posting here.
  • JP_in_KY
    edited June 2017
    Happy Father's Day to your husbands, fathers of your grandchildren and of course our own fathers, here or passed.

Diane, happy anniversary!

Suzi, I'm sure you have mixed feelings about the final assignment, but you, Dave, Tulip & the pups will have greater freedom.

I am not, by nature, a "joiner" because group activities have always proven frustrating (I was the kid in school who ended up doing all the work but tried to share credit). I will consider trying WW meetings though every instinct I have tells me to run the other way - need to think about it, at least. Past meeting experiences were uniformly awful - degrading and I did not learn much beyond what was in the materials. "Motivational" stuff completely boomerangs here - I know I'm a weirdo but am intensely private about stuff. (Do meetings emphasize exercise? If so, that's my walk-out point, if I make it that far, and I would TRY to refrain from telling them to stuff it, then scream my bloody lungs out in the car!)

Not much to report - going to the theatre this evening. Have been having digestive issues for a couple of days but hoping to quell things before I go.

Here's to a brand-new week and a renewed commitment as meteorological summer arrives.
  • smack59
    Janet - no. Meetings do not emphasize exercise. The topic might be exercise related twice a year or so. The program now focuses much more on the whole person and identifying and dealing with what you are feeling. Kinda from a "it's what's going on in your head" aspect, being kinder and gentler with yourself, etc. They no longer even call it "weigh in", it's check in and although you step on the scales for measurement purposes, it's kept private. Losses are still celebrated at 5# incriments, but they don't even tell you how much your weight has changed while you're at the scale - unless you ask.

If you try a meeting and there's anyone treating you in a way that makes you uncomfortable, try a different meeting. As warm a person as you are, there is a group for you out there somewhere. The Tribe has people like me who speak up and talk all the time, telling all to anyone who will listen, but there are just as many who rarely, if ever, speak up but are there every week with a huge grin on their face.

I wish you lived close to me so I could take you to a good meeting.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Back from the cabin. Despite Edd's injuries we had a great time. Our friend and her grandkids came for the day on Saturday. Had so much fun taking them on the boat to the island and they went crazy on the rope swing. Then Edd let them drive the boat. I have baby birds nesting on my porch rafters and they really enjoyed seeing them poke their little heads up and cry for food. Then we joined our son and his crew for a fun filled taco bar dinner. Today we all went to the island for a couple of hours before the storms rolled in. Once the boat was safely out of the water we all enjoyed taco leftovers. It rained most of the way home and now we are chilling. Edd has appointments for eye exam, then surgeon and finally the dentist. Nothing like taking care of all his needs in one day. Of them all, he needs eye glasses the most. My friend turned me on to eye buy.com. Since his Medicare plans only pays for the exam and $100 for frames we started looking for more cost effective options. The eye place on his plan told him his glasses would be about $800! Eyebuy.com will be less than $100 for bifocals. Haven't priced the photogray, have to wait for his prescription. I think he may go with prescription sunglasses, all for under $200. Hard to go wrong. They have a 14 day free return policy with full replacement if you don't like the glasses. You can also upload a picture and see what you will look like in the frames before you buy.

Ok, extremely tired. Will check back tomorrow

Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. The tile floor is getting laid today! It's bright and sunny this morning! Breakfast is tracked. I'm trying to stay more focused today on eating choices.

Patti: Thanks for the tips. I have to have my coffee in the morning, but everything else I can do. So sorry about Edd. Hope he's doing better.

Suzi: I did very well with WW for a while. I lost 50 pounds, but now have gained 1/2 of it back due to multiple things. I didn't enjoy the meetings as I found several to be superficial. I know my problem is being more strict with what I'm eating. I know WW is not a diet, but a life change. However, the WW message boards is where I found all of you wonderful ladies! I, myself, need to be more disciplined and focus on my goals.

We had a nice Father's Day celebration at Greg and Carrie's. The main conversation was, as always, Greg talking to his dad and step-mom about their upcoming "family trip" to Florida. Oh well, it was a nice time anyway. I'm glad that they have the annual trip as that's the only time his dad is around the kids for a long period of time and he only lives a few miles away! Dan goes, too, with Dylan and Penny. This will be the second year that Annie won't be attending. It's nice to say,that's their problem!

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited June 2017
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY! Hope you had a lovely birthday weekend. Are you all ready for next weekend. I bet the dress looks fab on you. I have to report that all the printing came off my cup.

Totally ashamed that I forgot my lunch with Janet today. I am such a jerk and pray she forgives me.

So upset with myself so am signing off
    Patti
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    HI Ladies-
    I'm ready for Saturday and the dress looks nice- so I'll take if.
    Patti- thank you for the bday wishes-
    I'm waiting on replacment mugs and when they'll do I'll send you and Janet one - I think karla's mug is still ok- at least they're replacing them free of charge. I have a few more to replace as well.

The book is LIVE today - so excited. If you decide to purchase and read please post a review and share on your social media of choice....
    My intern started today for the next 8 weeks so its been a hectic morning- off to a lunch meeting to introduce him around- but I'll be back for personals in a bit.
    Cindy
  • JP_in_KY
    Happy birthday, Cindy!

Patti, you were never NOT forgiven. It's a nice day to drive. Except that I just came to a dead stop and it's there miles to the next exit, where I will find a back way home. And of course I could stand to make a pitstop, when there's no place to stop. Murphy's Law.

Bert, sorry all that trip talk went on around you and Mike – you think that would be something they could discuss amongst themselves at another time. Still, I'm glad you had a good day anyway.
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Janet: my sentiments exactly; however, I'm used to it.
  • KarlaLM58
    Hi ladies. Glenn and I continued to have the most wonderful weekend in such a long time. We purchased a new grill and a three person swing on a frame with canopy. The pool area is really looking great. Or will be once we get these two items out together and put out.

Patti- Sorry for you mixup on meeting Janet. Was it too late to go when you realized?

Janet- Sorry you got out and driving and then the no pit stop available when you got the news to turnaround.

Bert- I'm going to try meetings again. I'm just getting nowhere. I need more accountability

I'm at work but got lunch dates the next two days.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    I'm home. The call from Patti came when I was already in Cincinnati - but I got back on the road and was stuck on the highway for over an hour! But i made it to a gas station with a clean restroom and was shaky form hunger so I got the really heathy breakfast of a Diet Coke & a donut. So be it, & I'm not going to feel guilty because circumstances meant I needed to eat something right then.

Patti, hope you are relaxing - I'll see the new perm soon!

Karla, your backyard oasis is your bliss - enjoy it as much as you want!

Bert, I understand. At the rare family occasion I'm actually at, all kinds of conversations exclude me for various reasons, and I'm used to it as well.

Diane, how are your trip preparations coming? How did Carrie do at the music festival - and afterward? I know I feel it when I've been doing extra walking.

Thinking about a quick nap here.
  • KarlaLM58
    Poor Janet!!
  • JP_in_KY
    Don't worry, I'm fine!
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Hello all. A day of getting some stuff around here done and checked off the list! I finished my mobile and another of the car seat blankets, this one for my DIL's best friend who is due three weeks later. I had also finished some little monster baby booties a few days ago. So all my gifts are done and I will wrap them before we leave. I am flying back just the day before the baby shower, so I don't want to have to worry about finding wrapping at the last minute! John got some of the remaining chores done on the RV, so he is feeling a little less stressed.

Carrie got home from the music festival today, hot, swollen and tired, but had a LOT of fun. She got an ADA pass, and that gave her access to seating at each of the five stages that was up above the crowd on the lawn, access to the VIP seating as well, and golf cart rides between stages. They wouldn't take her back and forth to their campsite, so she still was walking a lot on uneven ground. One friend got a pass to go with her, but when all five of them were seeing the same artist they would either sit right below her viewpoint in the ADA seating or she would join them on the lawn. SHe took one crutch and would use that for support or to walk at the end of the day. Her friend who was NOT riding with her had a fitbit and was walking 10 plus miles a day. Carrie figured she probably did almost half that. Her ankle is twice the size of her good one, so she has been soaking and icing all afternoon. (Not much ice available at the festival.) Her knee is also REALLY sore - I'm sure because the knee was taking the uneven ground to compensate for her ankle which can't. She starts work tomorrow with a four hour shift - I hope she can take it.

Eating is so-so. I'm not really tracking, just trying to make good choices. I know I do better when I track, but I also know that I am not likely to do so on the road. Meals are going very well - it's just that darn snack monster I need to tame.

I will post some pictures of my crafty creations.
  • EniadS
    edited June 2017
    Patti and Janet, what a disappointment for you both! I'm sure you felt terrible. I have to write everything down in multiple places or I forget to go somewhere or do something.

Janet, don't feel bad for eating what you had to eat when you needed it! Carrie is sore today, and I hope some of the swelling goes down tomorrow. A night in AC should help, as will icing and elevating.

Cindy, I saw the announcement about the latest book on FB. Hope it sells gangbusters! Are you ready for the weekend?

Bert, how does the floor look?

Karla, you back yard sounds so lush and welcoming! Now if it weren't for the heat and humidity down there...lol. We have been having a horrible heat wave here, with humidity.

Suzi, one of the chores John did today was put in a cellular booster for the RV. It wasn't cheap, but he said it brought his service in the driveway rom one bar (ATT is terrible here!) to five bars! I know you have said you have trouble getting cell service some places you go - you might consider it.
  • EniadS
    Going to try posting pictures from
    My phone because I couldn't
    Make it work on the apple desktop.

Here are the booties and the car seat blanket. I took a picture of the blanket opened out so you can see the slits for the straps and buckles :
    hj66q0ojbse9.jpg
    p1fkd4q1da5j.jpg
    i6geowfmjnfq.jpg