OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Good morning, all.

Cindy, I've been to Huntington several times (for work, in the late '90s). I can easily get over there - will plop it onto my calendar!

Karla, sounds like they re giving you good recipes - bonus that Monica is going and Glenn is liking the low-carb meals.

Patti, I smile every Tuesday just knowing it's your mom's Patti Time!

Bert, have you recovered from your hectic week?

We saw "Blade Runner 2049" last night - visually incredible but about half an hour too long. I'll never complain about many closeups of Ryan Gosling, though - he carries the film in style. Cleaner will be here today. James is still sleeping - he walked 18 holes of golf yesterday and was really stiff and sore, especially in one hip, last night. Not sure what his plans are today, nor mine. Having coffee and contemplating.

Much love to all!
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Lunch with the girls, grocery and then work is my lineup for today. Day two tracked and on plan. I have already looked at the restaurant menu and made my choices.

Cindy, oops missed that you already said Huntington, Janet was more observant, lol. That would be an easy, peas drive for me. Will put it on the calendar. Would sure like to meet before then though. Won't be long and you will have both your girls in your arms.

Janet, Ryan Gosling......oh yeah! I love picturing you spending time with James. Will he be staying thru the holidays? That would be so nice.

Bert, how are things?

Karla, I bet your dad is already counting the hours until you arrive. Enjoy time in Destin with Glenn and the girls.

Gotta run
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Patti - This weekend is the adulating weekend with Kirk and Linda in Destin for the Beer Festival. I will withstand, stay within my carb level and Protein. It's about the locale and friends, not food and beer!! The following weekend is for Audrey and Izzy in Destin, but at a different Wyndam Resort. I know it's confusing.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning dear ladies.

Geez, I wish this back pain would just leave my body alone!! It woke me up before 5am twisting and turning trying to get comfortable. I finally got up and started my day. I'm excited though, I started packing last evening, putting my outfits together with shoes and jewelry. My clothes are already starting to fit soooo much better. isn't it funny how we gain weight and continue to wear the same clothes with them cutting into us? LOL.

Cindy- Glenn and I are planning our Northeastern trip next year. I'm not sure what part of the year it will be, but your beautiful State is on the agenda. We will be going to Pennsylvania, Maine and possibly into Canada while we are up there. I plan on meeting my longtime Weight Watcher friend Lisa in North Carolina, and Ellen in NYC on this trip also. Glenn is so okay with this. I am so excited for you and your daughters for this weekend.

Quotes for today:

"It's how you handle the mistakes that creates your success."

You stuck with your healthy eating plan all day—that is, until you came home after work and couldn't help but inhale a block of cheese while you made dinner. Instead of beating yourself up, look at this as a chance for improvement: Now that you know when you're most likely to give in to cravings, be prepared. Bring a healthy snack for the drive home, like these portable snacks packed with protein, so you don't hit the house starving.

"Before you eat, ask yourself, 'Am I hungry?' Unless a craving comes from hunger, eating won't satisfy it."

—Michelle May, MD, author of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat

Have a great day taking care of you, cause if you don't, who will?

Karla

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Mornding, Ladies. I will have to read all of your entries later. Today is my only day home and I'm preparing for our family vacation to Nashville, TN this weekend. Have a great day!

Breakfast is tracked. Eating not bad.

Bert
  • luzingg
    Very quick stop. Yesterday a bust. Edd had a bag of M&Ms sitting on the table that I mindlessly ate on two separate occasions. Let being tired take over my own good sense, didn't get off work until 1am! Now leaving to take mom to the eye Dr. Only got 5 hours of sleep and that was fitful because of my knee aching. I may need a nap today before I hit the gym, unless I get my second wind.

Karla, thanks for the inspiration. Don't know how you can choose from all those shoes and purses when putting your wardrobe together, LOL. And I know you have the same situation with clothes and jewelry! You will have a great weekend, looking and feeling good. That will keep your motivation going.

Bert, my daughter is going to Nashville with is weekend to start her birthday month celebration with her bestie, who also has an October birthday. Wish I could go with them. I love Nashville.

I have a dilemma, we are going to the cabin this weekend and the neighbor's will be there too. They invited us for his "world famous" chili Saturday night. It is probably the worst chili I have ever eaten my plus I don't like chili. Edd loves chili but can't stand his. How do I get out of it gracefully, cannot use diet as an excuse.

Oops, went to long, mom awaits
    Later
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Patti, that is a dilemma. Could you claim other plans, let Edd have chili and join them for great company & conversation after dinner? No other great ideas ... as if that one were great, eh? Your work hours are a killer lately - how are your feet holding out?

Bert, what all are you planning to do in Nashville? Next year I hope to do more short trips if I can budget for hotels. But first, MUST finish getting stuff cleared out.

Karla, sorry your back is acting up so badly - no fun at al. You will look adorable all da - and wen y0u're driving, you can take everything you want and not worry. Bonus!

Cindy, I put next November on my calendar. Still hoping to get east before then. You must be getting excited for the weekend - both the writers' conference but especially time with your girls.

Did better yesterday on eating. few burning household tasks await, then errands, manicure & an early dinner with an out-of-town friend (probably some kind of Asian food). Have a great day, everyone!
  • KarlaLM58
    I'm so glad Glenn is doing this healthy eating plan with me. He is also cooking it which is of much help. He is actually making the shrimp stir fry while we are in Destin for our friends that will be there. He asked to do that!! He is so proud of it. He is really trimming the weight down as he has been very active outside with cleaning out and yard work. He sweats a lot. I'm am staying true to my plan as I cannot add activity until I can have this back seen about. I am happy to report my ankle and foot seem much better. I have good shoes, and several of them, for the trip. We have another couple driving over and my brother too. Everyone loves Destin and a festival to boot!!

Patti- Yep my quote was just for you it appears!! I have had my SF candies in the fridge drawer but my clinic said they were really too high in carbs, so I haven't touched them. I haven't caved to anything yet. I was starving when I arrived home last night, but I patiently made me a low carb burrito!!

Bert - You will have fun. Glad you eating is good.

I am back to work for a short while and then I am home to finish packing and hit the road for Panama City.

Karla
  • luzingg
    Hi again, mom had a tough time today with a bit more pain and decreased vision with the shot this time. But it was a full exam day and that means more dilation and more drops than usual. She decided to put in her super thick and soothing drops and take a nap. I will give her a call in the am before we leave and my sis will be there tomorrow. So the plan is to return in 7 weeks and then every 2 months for the shots as maintenance. She is good with the plan. The new Kuru shoes are the best I have tried so far. Will always have some degree of foot pain but much more manageable. They always hurt when I get out of bed but after walking a bit they are fine. I told the store manager I would have move available hours by the 1st of Nov but do not want to work closing all the time. She asked if I would be interested in some early morning hours for stocking and I told her that would work great for me. At least then you just do your 5 hours and leave.

Janet, thanks for your input. Edd hates the chili as much as I do. I contacted our friends who live up the road (17 miles) to arrange a dinner date or to just go hang at their place Saturday night. She is not working this weekend so it is perfect. We have actually been wanting to go to a local restaurant we all like, so we have our excuse. I don't like being rude to the neighbors, they are good friends, but I don't like wasting calories on terrible food. Not being a snob, just a realist, lol. Enjoy your dinner with your friend. Does James come along? I would imagine you both need some time apart since you are both used to living on your own terms and schedules. .

Looking forward to TRX. She is always finding new moves to challenge us, never a boring moment. Plus I truly enjoy the ladies and her husband in the class.

Patti
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi everyone-
    Quick stop as a busy day- getting ready for this weekend.
    Meg lands at 9:30 PM so wicked excited.
    Karla- MA isn't a big state- so we'll be sure to catch up just let me know when.
    Patti I do hope we can all meet at some point we need to start thinking about it, seriously.
    Janet- How was the Asian food- did James go too?
    Bert- Glad to hear from you too.
    Need to run but wish me luck for the weekend- read the blog if you want an update :)
    have a great weekend
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Good afternoon ladies! It's going to be an exciting family fun weekend, but hot! We are still in the 90's and mid 70's at night!! Ugghh,

Patti- So sorry about your mom, but, I am glad they have put her on the maintenance schedule. It has kept my father's one eye with vision. As you may remember, my father has been blind in his right eye since he was 19. Given that, they didn't want to take any chances with his single vision source. I'm glad your sister will be with Her tomorrow and you are only two hours away. I've not heard of those shoes, but am glad you have found something that has helped. My podiatrist and most all neuropathy physicians recommend New Balance. I had a pair of pink and brown NB and lost them on one of our trips. I used to love Reebok, and have five pairs now, but need something more supportive with my foot and back issues. I have some Nikes on right now.

Cindy- You sound so tickled and happy. I love it!! I also want an OMG gathering. Maybe after we have all met individually it will be arranged.

We are on the road to Panama City. We are going to rearrange my mothers bedroom and dust and vacuum it good. I brought my rainbow vac again. Lol. Dad said he is keeping the house and kitchen clean, but... lol

I hope everyone thinks of what they put in their mouth this weekend and try and do the best they can. It's a real challenge for me here coming up. I will persevere!!

Karla

• luzingg
    Was on the verge of skipping the gym, but took a 30 minute nap, something I never do, and it was so worth it. Called mom before class just to make sure she was ok. Not her best day but I think the allergens in the air made things worse today. She is completely blind in the right eye also and that is why the Dr wants to do maintenance therapy going forward. Her vision was actually improved since last visit. 20/60 to 20/50....we will take it! We are going out to dinner Friday night with the neighbor's, Saturday with our friends so this is a no cooking weekend with lots of work to clean and close the cabin. Called HL and made sure they had my name and pulled my application. She said she was going to step up the interviewing in the next few days and was pulling apps of those who called in. So keep your fingers crossed for me please. If I am going to work like a dog I would like to get paid a bit more and not have to drive so far. Not too much to ask. Will miss the friends I have made but really need a better job.

Happy weekend
    Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm off again to Nashville....looking forward to getting away and being with the family. I'll catch up with all of you at some point. The last two weeks have been horrendous!

Bert
  • luzingg
    Off to the gym. 30 minute circuit class followed by 50 minutes of Pilates. Then pack and go. Wishing all a wonderful weekend. Enjoy where the wind takes you.

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Good afternoon. Hanging tough on my eating. No slips for this girl!! Egg white omelet this morning and while my dad and Glenn had big ole buns with BBQ pork sandwiches, I had BBQ chicken with no bun!!

Glenn and I cleaned and rearranged my Mithers room a difference way and it looks so elegant. My grandmother's antique bedroom suite is so beautiful. Queen Anne style. Beautiful wood.

I took dad to his dermatology appointment. He had a small place burned off his ear. He finally has an appointment to have his hearing loss analyzed for hearing aids!! He can't hear crap! The nurse asked him if he had some of the oily ointment left and he replied " I already have an appointment " lol.

We are on the road to Destin, it is beautiful, sunny and geez, 95 degrees!! Going over the Hathaway Bridge now.

We have two of the couples coming that went on the cruise with us. Fun times again.

Patti- I hope you are counting your carbs and caring for your body. You can do it. Get it in your mindset.

Bert- I also hope you are able to keep your protein up while you are in Nashville. We will always have this occasions and holidays to deal with and still have to take care of ourselves.

Janet- what are James and yourself up to this weekend? Does he do any man chores around the house for you?

Glenn is really showing his weight loss!! I am so proud of him! He had been eating light with me and eating fruit for his snacks. He also has been doing a lot of outside manual labor, sweating profusely!

We are going to a Farmer's Market in the morning and Glenn is making shrimp stir fry for the couple that is staying Sunday.

Okay, enough chatter, time to enjoy this awesome beach scenery.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Hi -

Cindy, picturing the hugs and giggles. I know you'll be beaming all weekend.

Karla, have tons of fun. Glad your dad is getting his hearing checked - my dad got hearing aids but would never wear them, which did make for some interesting conversational turns.

Patti, smart girl avoiding the bad chili for time with god friends. Hope your mom's eye is feeling better today. Fingers crossed for HL to come though with better house and higher pay.

Bert, can't wait to hear about your Nashville adventure.

Dinner was great fun - girl talk & Thai food. James would've been bored to tears. He fixed himself frozen pizza and ate the rest of the leftover salad from the night before.

I went to the symphony today (Beethoven's 7th and a great conductor talk beforehand). The performance was incredible and I met a couple more of the musicians and the conductor afterward (Louisville Orchestra just put out a CD and I bought it, even though I have already downloaded the music - wanted Teddy Abrams' autograph - our 30-year-old genius conductor & composer).

Yes, James does wonderful stuff around the house - simple for him because he's very handy. No weekend plans yet - watching sports, maybe getting out for a walk. My back has done something bad this week and I just had a horrid twinge so am going to take it easy this evening.

Love to all - have a great weekend and let's all make a few choices we're proud of.
  • KarlaLM58
    Good afternoon. So glad everyone is doing what gives them joy. Glenn and I have gone to two Farmer's Markets this morning, so fun. My younger brother , Keith, is coming from Panama City today to go to the Festival with us. Plus two of the couples from the cruise from Mobile. Fun times.

Janet- Glenn and I have got to get back to the Mobile Dymphony. Scott Peck is our conductor and he is awesome. I love the Beethoven in Bluejeans in November. Bama plays Arkansas tonight.

Beautiful weather, windy and not so hot!

Karla

• luzingg
    Hi ladies, home from the cabin. Got things done and Edd will be going back to pick up all the stuff I collected to bring home. It was raining and we don't have a cover for the truck bed. He and the neighbor were planning a trip there anyway and he will do the winterizing too. It was a wonderful weekend. Local herb festival were I picked up two cute pictures for the bathroom at the cabin and a 2 foot wooden Christmas penguin for my DIL for Christmas. Will admit that my eating was awful. Diner food on Friday, fresh from the oven Amish soft pretzel dipped in butter at the festival and a piece of homemade carrot cake that I was "forced" into eating. Dinner out with friend was so good, petite filet cooked to perfection and stuffed mushrooms......oh my. After dinner most of the residents of the road were on our deck and a lively night it was.

Janet, your weekend sounds like just the ticket for you. I don't take Edd to my girl meals for the same reason.

Karla, glad your weekend is going so well.

Cindy, can't wait to here about your time with the girls and the book event.

Time to chill. Having fun is hard work
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Good afternoon. It has not been easy staying tough on my food choice. I know it will pay off in the long run. It's especially hard when you are the only one holding back. Glenn is eating badly and drinking alcohol. Linda is drinking heavily and passing desserts around. I know I can't expect others to "diet" on vacation, it just has been eye opening how much sugar, alcohol, and carbs, people are willing to put in their bodies. I guess until the Good Lord slaps them in the face with a medical condition that forces them to acknowledge it, then they will do something. I know my back and feet problems helped me get motivated. No, the weight didn't cause it, but it doesn't help it either. I am getting more active with 8k steps yesterday and over 7300 so far today. Back has been good, but left ankle, so-so.

Sorry for the rant.

Patti- Not sure how you will stay on program with your lifestyle, but you did do it before and you can do it again. It does take some sacrifices. Great sounding weekend.

Back later.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    A quick good morning. Had a pretty good food day yesterday. Going for two in a row - we'll see what the day brings.Just wanted to say hi.