OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Good evening dear friends. It has been so nice to have this time off. I am feeling so much better. The steroids, inhaler and Zpack are working. The cough is way down. Audrey and I had some personal time as Izzy went home for a while today. She is coming back shortly as we are making snowman and turkey cookies tonight. lol.

Glenn has really been busting his tootie on this house. It is looking like as a real show place. New mulch in all the flowerbeds, all the concrete is pressure washed and hedges and bushes all trimmed. I love this man. He is so different since retiring.

Diane - My great nephew, Blagg, had a head issue and had to wear one of those helmuts as a baby. He paid it no mind at all. It worried us all much worst than him. Little Elise will get through all with all the love and devotion that is devoured upon her. Did you make her the baby sacks yet? I know you have been extra busy. Did I tell you we are buying a pull behind camper in the coming year? Yes, going to look in January and make some trips with two other couples that share this love. I definitely want to go back to Colorado and Utah. I am on the cusp on going into the 180's! I am so happy. This system is really working for me. After being on it since September 26, it is quite a habit. I have let up and given myself some treats here and there now though. Have a great family day Thursday. How was your mother?

Tired lady here and the girls want to make sugar cookies, so I best go mix them up and put in the freeze to set. Fun times making memories!!

Karla

PS (oh, I decided to go with the Elf theme and got the elf legs with the spikes where the elf feet are hanging up in the air, so cute. I will take a picture and post when I am finished.)
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Karla yes I got the baby sleep sacks made - one more for them with doggies on it, and one for here with hedgehogs! So cute. I didn't have a pattern so figuring out how to lap the zipper to protect her body and neck was the tricky part. Will post a picture, but I haven't synced photos from my phone in a while so will have to post it from there. I am trying to find time to work on her Christmas stocking but it required concentration and blocks of time. Now I am going to take some fleece scraps and make some kimono style fleece sweaters to keep her warm without having to put anything more over her head.

Poor baby - the harness is like this:https://www.webmd.com/children/pavlik-harness .
    Changing her clothes is a major ordeal - luckily we had no total diaper blowouts today that required a total clothes change. She seems to enjoy stretching during diaper changes so I stretch them out some.
  • EniadS
    Here are some photos of the sleep sacks I made. They still work with the brace. They keep her warm while she sleeps and gives her the “boundaries” to stretch against while not being swaddled. (Which they can’t do because of her hips. )
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. I've been MIA for a few days as I went to Chicago for a college visit and also visited Dan, Annie, and the kids. I got home yesterday. I'm happy to report that, according to my scale yesterday afternoon, I lost 2 lbs! I'm so hoping this is a beginning of a downward spiral for me. I'm trying so hard on my portion controls and avoid snacking.

Yesterday was Penny's 6th birthday. I'm so glad I was there for her birthday breakfast. When she opened our present, it was a pair of boots and then I gave Dan a check to help pay for some dance lessons. This was Annie's suggestion. When Penny opened the bag, she said, "Grandma, is there anything else?" :D 6 year olds don't understand checks! :)

Today, I'm cooking the second turkey to take to Greg and Carrie's. They invited us to Thanksgiving dinner, but asked me to bring the turkey. Enough for 30 people (Carrie's family!) What we do for our kids.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • EniadS
    Dang the photos still didn’t get included. One more try then I give up.
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving Eve to everyone. I wish you all the happiest of times. I really miss our Patti posting here. Please come back to us Patti!!!

Diane - Oh how adorable the sacks are. You are one super seamtress. I love the hedgehogs!! Do you have a serger machine?

Bert - Congrats on your 2 pound loss!! I know you have worked very hard for it and are so deserving. That is wonderful. Sadly, no, children do not understand a check, large or small. I know how much I am funding on Izzy's dance, just her two recital costumes were $170.00. Ouch. Young parents can't afford such. I know what you mean about what we do for our kids, I put out quite a bit also.

I better get going. I have my niece and Braden coming and Izzy's mom for making goodies today.

Have a wonderful time with family and friends tomorrow and give thanks for all you have.

Karla

• KarlaLM58
    Good morning have Happy Thanksgiving Day. Glenn got up and helped me put the 21 pound turkey in the oven at 5:30a and went back to bed. I have been enjoying a quiet morning catching up on my recorded shows and eating my healthy breakfast. Now I am posting on my two weight loss sites for my support.

I'd like to thank you, one and all, for being for for me for all the years!! It has been quite a roller coaster ride. Losing weight and regaining it and now losing it again!! I appreciate your patience and support through it all. I really do!

Enjoy your day and be kind to yourself.

Count your blessings, name them, one by one...

Karla
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for this group. Your support is phenominal. Both turkeys are baked and sliced. They are ready to take to Greg and Carrie's this afternoon.

Karla: What weight loss sites are you on?

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    Bert - I had bonded with another group from WW back in 2011 when I bonded with Janet and Patti. They moved over to a private page group on Facebook and we post everyday with a Today's Topic. There are about 9-12 ladies daily that post. A variety of ages and backgrounds from all over the country. Again, I am the only country mouse. LOL. Happy Turkey Day to you. Congrats again on that great loss.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    A quick stop to wish you all a joyous Thanksgiving from RI.
  • KarlaLM58
    What a wonderful meal and fellowship we had today. My wish is that all of you enjoyed the same.

Janet- what a lovely view. Thanks for stopping by.

We have little Braden while the parents are shopping

Karla
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm NOT a Black Friday shopper. I like to shop when there is not much of a crowd. I actually prefer online shopping as I can get many things quicly. I use Amazon and Kohl's a lot during this time of year.

Yesterday's eating was NOT good yesterday at Greg and Carrie's. There weren't many healthy options, so today will definitely back on track. I plan to straighten up the house today and get the worship service ready.

Have a great day everyone!

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning and happy Friday.

I, too indulged in a great Thanksgiving. My nutritionist advised me to let up and enjoy the day and I did that.just I had a little of most things, but not over the top. We had all the traditional casseroles, Sweet Potato, Corn, Green bean and a big pan of corn bread dressing. The 21 pound turkey came out very moist and Glenn and I made a great team. We quickly made up to-go dishes for everyone, we had 10 people for the meal, and everyone raved over the food. My nephew brought his chicken dip and the green bean casserole and my daughter in law brought the sweet potato casserole and a great spice ring cake. We had a spiral ham also. We are driving over to Panama City today to visit my dad and brother and taking our leftovers with us. I am back on track today with my egg white omelet.

Bert -

• KarlaLM58
    Opps, it posted before I was finished..

Bert - Very few options are healthy for Thanksgiving. I could have made a salad and fruit tray and didn't even think of it myself!! But it's all good. We are back at it today.

I'm doing my laundry and we have to run to Lowe's for a Fire Pit that is on sale for our party, it's only $29. Hopefully, they won't be very crowded.

Have a great day everyone and fun filled weekend. Remember that Saturday is Small Business shopping day and honor those businesses.

Karla
  • EniadS
    Hello all. We had a wonderful thanksgiving with our friends who are like family. Elise made the 4th generation there celebrating. Like the rest of you I overindulged. But I limited it to small amounts of everything and only one plate. Elise was quite fussy so I ate quickly then took her so my DIL could eat. I had one small sliver of pie for dessert. My downfall is the wine that goes along!

Today I did a very limited amount of shopping then we drive out to the blue ridge mountains in Virginia. My cousin has rented a lodge run by the Appalachian Trail club for a family gathering tomorrow. So we brought Charly4 and went hiking this afternoon. Feels good to get on the trail again - I miss it after just three weeks home!

Sounds like everyone had a good thanksgiving. I tried a new way of making the sweet potatoes this year that was roasted then tossed with spiced pecans. I think it is a keeper! And dairy free for DIL and much lower calorie and fat!

Diane
  • KarlaLM58
    Oh Diane, that sounds yummy on the sweet potatoes!! I saw the pictures of your gathering and your hiking. So nice. Sounds like you were very mindful and enjoyed you day, and that is just what we are supposed to do!

Almost to my brother's. We are going out for some seafood tonight. My stomach is grumbling!

Karla
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. Breakfast is tracked. GNC shake and Greek Yogurt. I'm planning a walk today when it warms up. I need to get to the gym, too. All of the Christmas decorations are up. The older I get, the less I put up; however, the mantle, tree, and outside lights look good.

Diane: The sweet potatoes sound delicious. How did you fix them? What spices were on the pecans? I might try them for Christmas.

Karla: I love seafood, especially lobster. However, lobster tastes much better in melted butter! :o

Greg says Jillian has 20 items on her Christmas list. I'm going to cyber shop today and Monday.

Have a great day, everyone! Waving hi to Patti, Janet, and Cindy.

My goal for today is portion control!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Hi, all - Sounds as if everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Me too!

Got home late last night after a terrific trip. I let myself completely off the hook on Thursday, without guilt. Back on it today. There were 18 at dinner, ranging from 3 to five days shy of 90. Lively, lovely group of people who all consider everyone there to be family, regardless of biological connection. So many hugs and laughs. It was just a blast.

Today, laundry! And starting cybershopping too - Bert, I'm like you. Will make a couple of forays into stores but prefer to shop online when I can. Need to find out what my nieces and best friends want so I can make it so. There will be more than a few gift cards this year, so tweens can pick something out and so my nieces and their husbands can buy or do something they prefer, and lots of little things. Need to find out what I can get Caeb & Cady = they get so many clothes & toys from grandparents.

• bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. Not too much to report this morning, just checking in. Eating was pretty good yesterday. I started cybershopping yesterday. I always get the kids pajamas as one of their gifts. Jilliann and Cole made a Christmas list. I have a few things I've already purchased. I have no clue what to get Penny and Dylan. I do like to look in the stores, but don't want to handle the crowds at this time of year. I think I'll go during the week to look around. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning Bert and Janet.

Janet- So glad you got home safe and had a great time.

Bert- Amazon is my friend.

Karla