OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Hello all. Typing on my phone from the bumpy road through Nashville so please forgive any typos. Two road days in a row. Last night we spent near Bristol. The storm passed over us during the night. It has been raining off and on today but nothing bad. Home is having ice, sleet and tonight snow! Hope it isn’t too bad. Carrie will have to wait until it melts to get out.

Cindy we use the smaller size plates on the road but I don’t have them for my home set. My small plates there are just the size for a sandwich (maybe seven inches?) it does make a difference to see you have a full plate.

Karla good for you for recommitting to exercise! Yesterday I got about 4000 steps late when we park d on the far end of a parking lot from m the Walmart and I walk over, all around to find what I needed, and back!

Patti when are you going to be in Florida? We will be there probably mid April. Don’t know exactly where.

Janet you have done an amazing job of losing so much and keeping most of it off. I also don’t have an off button on some foods.

Bert you are so dedicated to your profession. I hope the students look back and realize how much you do for them.
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Diane- I will be in Tampa, Florida the 7 and 8th and then an hour and half South of there on Englewood Beach from the 9th through the12th. I’m looking so forward to this. We are driving, so will be heading up on that Thursday to get back to Alabama. Did I tell you we rented a beach house on Dauphin Island for a week in June? We are hoping all the kids and grandkids will come. Fun times on the beach and fishing and crabbing. Yes, I am back on the exercise grove to get this last 20 pounds off.

Janet - Do you remember the name of the BBQ place you spoke so highly of in New Orleans? I’m working on the intinery for our supper club group trip in May and would like to suggest it.

Back to work,

Karla
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Diane, glad you are not driving in the bad weather. We will be in Sarasota the April 8-14 or 15.

Karla, I know you are happy that you can still do that DVD. I always am amazed at what I can do at the ripe old age of 63 and hope that by keeping it up I will be even stronger when I hit 70.

Speaking of that need to get ready for TRX.
    Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. It snowed again last night! Happy Spring! :D Today includes a trip to the gym, grocery shopping, and picking up Jillian from school. I'm happy to do all three!

Janet: I've never had that one! I'll bet you were nervous. Overall, I'm proud of my students. They do a great job. They are just like the students I had when I taught, only older. There are overachievers, ones who do just to get by, and procrastinators. I definitely have a mix. I agree.....I have trouble with portion control, so add me as a club member!

Karla: Your DVD sounds like a hard one! I'm good to get in 45 min at the gym. That's a good workout time for me. Perhaps it is an hour, come to think of it, after I stretch. My knees have been bothering me (more than normal) for the last few days. I'm hoping it's the weather.

Patti: Hope you got to work and home safely last night.

Waving hi to Diane and Cindy. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Happy first full day of spring, where we have about 4" of snow, possibly a bit more later. It's gorgeous and I can stay in if I want. Roads look slushy but not too bad, but of course all the schools have a snow day.

Karla, it was Central City BBQ - http://centralcitybbq.com - a bit off the usual track but the food was great and not to expensive and the homey, casual atmosphere and friendly staff were a plus.

Bert, hope your knees are just reacting to weather.

Diane, glad you didn't get major storm disruption.

Waving to Patti and Cindy.

Yesterday was OK but not great - did well on portion control but we had a late snack. Today's a new day.
  • luzingg
    We only got 3 inches of very powdery snow, but it is cold. However, the roads are all clear. There were some slick spots this morning, but I stayed in. The girls and I decided to not do our usually Wednesday lunch because of the snow and cold. We will be meeting twice next week to make up for it. Monday is lunch with a dear friend who is still working, at a hospital that is being set to close the end of the year. Not just close but being torn down. This affects 3000+ employees and greatly affects the health care services of a large portion of our city. Huge controversy here, this is the hospital that bought out the Heart Hospital I worked at until retirement. At that time they built a huge multimillion dollar heart tower that was state of the art and an innovator in heart care and surgery. That is also being torn down, it is less than 10 years old. Sorry, I digress, but she has all the inside scoop to share with us. So it will be a lively lunch at our new favorite Asian cuisine restaurant. Hmmmmmm Pad Thai here I come!
    Then Thursday we are doing lunch and a trip to IKEA. Have a few things on my list. I love their linens and the prices can't be beat for the quality. We always find some neat stuff in the kitchen gadgets area.
    I work tonight so am glad the roads are clear and we are not expecting more snow, just cold! Last night we had a great class at the gym. 30 minutes spinning and 30 minutes of TRX. The spinning is challenging, which means I am not getting enough cardio and my endurance is not where it should be, so looking for ways to add that to my routine. Hope to get lots of walking and bike riding on my vacation to get my metabolism kicked up and then will add the new Thursday morning class that is Barre, Yoga, Pilates...not sure what that will be but it is described as a fast paced combination of mat and standing moves and lots of balancing because we are doing barre with a barre. Work in progress, always trying to find that perfect mix and of course, how to eat!

Stay safe and warm, Karla you got a leg up on us with the warm part, lol!

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    I lost 1.6 pounds for this two weeks. It’s slow but sure now.

Patti - It was 44 degrees down here this morning, but warmed up to 71. I wish we had an IKEA store.

They started the slab work today.

Karla
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. It's supposed to be a nice day today, so I'm happy for that. Today will be spent decluttering the house, especially in my office area. I need to shred paper today as it's mounding up. Then I'll work on the church service and also finish up the cantata. I definitely will be eating better today. I need to focus better. I haven't lost any more weight for a couple of weeks.

Karla: Congratulations on your loss. You are doing an amazing job!

Patti: It's said to see buildings torn down or left empty. We are losing so many stores here. I'm so hoping new businesses will develop to utlilize the empty buildings.

Waving hi to Diane, Janet, and Cindy.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert

• luzingg
    It is a beautiful day in my neighborhood. Sun is shining, crisp and cold outside and I am meeting Janet for lunch today! It has been far too long between lunches. I got let off work early as we were super slow and I was home by 9pm. Now I am off until Sunday. Tomorrow is my GFs birthday and we are meeting for lunch. Our friend who lives near my cabin will be joining us. We will be celebrating the birthday, plus the end of her sling time from her rotator cuff reconstruction. And to top it off the friend from the cabin is celebrating the sale of her house here in town. With all the upcoming lunches I am feeling so blessed to have such wonderful women in my life.

Karla, congrats on another loss. Slow and steady wins the race. Are you still on track with your 30 day DVD challenge?

Bert, I am struggling to stay on plan. Thought paying for WW would be an incentive. As long as we never give up we will get there. I got my shredding done when I got my taxes together. Enjoy your sunshine and find some time for you.

Missing Diane already but guess she is in Texas by now.

Waving hi to Cindy and hoping there is a light in your tunnel, not just at the end of it.

Patti
  • bertevans
    Patti and Janet: I would love to meet both of you for lunch sometime. Where do you meet?

Patti: what are you struggling with on WW? I like the idea is points. I track both on WW and MFP. I like to see the nutritional value on MFP. I admit I’m at a standstill, but am determined to stay on plan. I need to lose 15 more pounds.
  • luzingg
    Bert, I am not struggling with the plan, i am struggling with me, lol. I do not use my pause or stop buttons often enough.
    Janet and I usually meet somewhere between Florence, KY and northern Cincinnati. I think I could talk Janet into a road trip to meet you sometime. I am not exactly sure where you live, just have a vague idea.
    I got lost on the way to lunch, dang google maps and giving me not only the wrong address but bad directions. Made it safe but late. Lunch was delicious and a smilefest. My only regret is the time flies and it seems like forever between lunch dates.
    Got home and my grandson and his sweet baby were here. Ariel is 6 months and a cutie. She loves Frankie and is a bit leary of Edd, smart girl, lol.
    Trx cancelled because trainer is sick so i have some extra time on my hands....Kohls 30% off coupon starts today. Guess where I am headed?
  • KarlaLM58
    Hello pals.

Patti, yep, have dvds four days in a row! Day five today!! It was a late one last night, but I didn’t let myself down. I see now why we stuck with that four mile dvd. The music is awesome and it passes so fast! I love the stretch bands in mike four and I get over 12 k miles on that day. Not sure which dvd I will chose tonight. I’m glad you met Janet.

Bert- It is not easy losing weight. I have been very diligent and hungry many times. But I am determined.

Challenge yourselves ladies. Give yourself a personal goal and stick with it. No matter what.

Karla
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Dang I typed up a long post with personals and everything, then hit done instead of post. I hate that!

You will have to check my FB page for updates on our travels. I’m not going to retype them here. Today was quite stressful with the broken slide out.

My eating has been fair. I’m trying to balance enjoying the trip with eating as healthy as possible. I’m tracking (mostly), not drinking adult beverages every night like I did last trip, and definitely not snacking as much, at least not so far. The bbq place Suzi recommended here in Hot Springs was terrific, and I ate what the server recommended. A big plate of bbq beef, slaw and baked beans. The slaw was terrific, with just a lite tangy dressings. The beans were ordinary, so I only had about two bites. And the beef was out of this world good and I ate every bite. But I only stole one of John’s fries :). And we had a very lite snack for dinner, so it mostly is within plan.

Karla, congrats on the loss, and I’m sure you’ll be dropping more with your exercise ramping up. Is Glenn going back to work full time.

Patti, love the pic of your great grand with Edd!

Janet and Patti I’m jealous!

Bert no way would I be tracking on both. I think I am coming to like WW tracking better just because I don’t even put in zero point foods so it is easier. The only thing I don’t like is the recipe builder.
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm taking Molly to the groomer today. Then, I'll straighten up the house. House cleaner is supposed to come this afternoon, and then it's off to church to get things ready for the play this weekend. Today is Greg's birthday. I'm so proud of him and his accomplishments!

Patti: I have trouble with the pause/stop buttons too. It's a constant battle with me. I live in Terre Haute, IN which is on the western side of IN. I'm not familiar with the Cincinnati area but can definitely drive there.

Our local mall is in trouble. Toys R Us and Macy's is closing. There are also many stores that have pulled out. I know that online shopping is a problem for malls. I'm guilty of contributing to that problem. Online shopping is much easier.

Karla: It definitely is hard to lose weight. Also maintaining is difficult. I'm determined, too. It's just takes so long.

Diane: I didn't think about not tracking 0 points. It makes sense.

Have a great day, everyone! Waving to Janet and Cindy.

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning ladies. The exercising is already paying off in many ways, but first is on the scale for me as I am a visual person. Back down in he 178 range again at last. Yes!!! Onward down I go. I have to get Izzy up for school,, so back later. I am off today and will be laying out in the sun today.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Good morning, all.

Bert, we'll figure it out. Didn't realize you were in Terre Haute - I have a Terre Haute story when we meet - it was a very happy, fun thing. Maybe I could pick Patti up and we can meet somewhere between her and you - what a joy that would be!

Patti, yesterday was just what I needed! Nothing like laughing with a good friend, showing family pics, and generally having fun with a good salad in front of us. We WILL not wait so long again.

Karla, you are ON this. Congrats on the loss and on getting back to your exercise routine. Enjoy your day off.

Diane, you're doing well. Sounds like you're striking a good balance. Good BBQ is protein with extra taste, and light cole slaw is yummy and healthy. Enjoy every mile of your trip.

Cindy, thinking this might be an LR day - hope so. How badly did the storm hit you this time? Bostn-area friends have posted some gorgeous pics (looked at from safe distances).

Busy weekend ahead so have a good one, all!
  • JP_in_KY
    Oh, wait - might've been Ft Wayne. But I have been to TerreHaute back in the day for collegiate speech & debate nationals. Olden days!
  • luzingg
    What a glorious day this has been. Did my 2 morning classes at the gym. Then quick shower and off to lunch for my GFs birthday. Yummy chicken salad with cranberries and goat cheese. I never tire of salads when someone else makes them, lol. Then hit up Kohls and picked up 3 tees, 1 sleeveless, dressy top and a bra. All for less than $40. I am going to hit up another kohls tomorrow since my 30%off coupon is good until the 31st. The tees are by Tek Gear and will be good for the gym and casual wear. Had a nice chat with Mom. She has been suffering with seasonal allergies and I finally convinced her to try Flonase and it worked like a charm. She is a stubborn one.

Bert and Janet, I did a little research and it looks like Shelbyville is approx 100 miles for each of us. Janet, it would way out of your way to pick me up but thanks for the offer. I am up for it if both of you are. No rush, give it some thought and we can talk about it.

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Good evening ladies.

Day 6 of my DVD personal challenge completed with the 2 mile Sculpt your Arms dvd. It has been rough, and I have been bone tired a couple times, but I trudged through and did them through the week. It was 10p the last two nights before I finished, but today being off I completed this 40 minute one before 5p.

Kevin and I went to a few yard sales this morning and I purchased some darling tops for a dollar a piece, like brand new. He bought a couple great frying pans. He is so excited about starting work on Monday!! He got the clearance yesterday.

The slab had been poured and finished!! It looks fantastic. We also had some more concrete added on the opposite side of the pool, and the driveway extended to the end of the fenceline. It was very, very expensive, as concrete work is, but looks wonderful. Next will be the framework going up. The lumber yard said it would be next week before hey would deliver the wood.

A fun day planned for tomorrow!! Ocean Springs, MS is having a Art and Plant Festival in their cute little downtown area and three couple and my brother are going over in the morning. It is only 45 minutes from my house. It is going to be a beautiful day. It is like a mini NewOrleans, with shops and food establishments and outside cafes and brew houses. We will have a blast.

I will chat with you fine ladies tomorrow.

Karla

• bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. Last night's attendance wasn't too bad although attendance wasn't as high as previous shows. Tonight will be better as dinner is being served. We will be working in the kitchen most of the day. It will be a long day/evening, but the fellowship is good.

Janet: I'd be glad to meet up with you and Patti. Perhaps early summer would work.

Patti: I used to live in Shelbyville! We moved there after I graduated from high school. My dad owned a pharmacy there. I know there is an Applebee's and a Denny's on the Shelbyville/Rushville exit. That would be awesome!

Karla: Mike was general manager for a local concrete company, and yes, it's very expensive. We had a new driveway poured last fall. Still recovering. Are you buildingn something on the slab?

Waving hi to Cindy and Diane. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert