OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. We had torrential rain/storms yesterday and last evening. Many areas are flooded. I'm driving to Indy to day for a visit......so hoping the roads will be clear. I'm glad that I'm leaving later this morning, so I'll be able to see the roads better. I have a guy coming to give an estimate to refinish our hardwood floors in the kitchen and hallway areas. He's been hard to reach.

Karla: I love Chico's but only shop the sale rack. Their prices are too high for me unless something is on sale. I got a top a few weeks ago as it was 30% off!

Waving hi to Cindy, Janet, Diane, and Patti. Have a great day, everyone! I'm happy to report that I lost .4 lb this week. I'll take it!

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    irk8vtu62it4.jpeg

I have two happy granddaughters and we are two happy grandparents that love doting on them.

Glenn received his clearance to start back at the shipyard in the test department. He will work Thursday and Friday this week and Friday only of next week. He has full benefits of his choosing with medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k and other. We have to sit and pick it out. I definitely want the vision and the dental is less than our current plan.

Cindy- Yes, fun replacing clothes.

Bert- Congrats on continued losses!! Brava’.

Off to shop on way home.

Karla
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Hello all. Sitting in a diesel repair place in Austin waiting on parts. They had Charly4 all day yesterday, never called until we called them at 4:00, and said they couldn’t detect a problem. So we spent the night on the street here, came back at 7 when they opened and showed them the problem. It is a split hose and some broken clamps, easy to replace but they need the parts. Don’t know when we will get back on the road but will sit here in the parking lot waiting. Next stop is Natchez MS bit probably won’t make it all the way there today.

Eating has not been good. I had a salad with fajita chicken for lunch yesterday, but dinner was a DQ blizzard!

Karla I was just tweaking you about being a sucker grandma - I hope you know that. Have fun replacing your wardrobe.

Bert congrats on the loss. Anything downward is good. Drive safely.

Cindy we all know you are working hard and under a lot of stress. Anytime you check in it is good to hear from you. At least you know what is happening with the job now.

Patti enjoy your travels! I don’t know when we will get to Florida. We have a number of stops along the way.

Janet have fun clearing out more stuff. I always feel such a sense of accomplishment, even if it is just one cupboard or a whole closet.
  • KarlaLM58
    Diane- I know you are kidding and love to pick on me! Lol. My grandkids and my husband are my world, as well as my son, Dad and brothers. I am blessed with some wonderful friends too. I love Natches, MS. Are you there for the Heritage? We went one year and toured the homes. Totally awesome and historical. Be sure and go to The Cockbof the Walk if you like fried catfish. The coleslaw is to die for and so is the cornbread. We will be leaving Friday evening for my dad’s house and then on to my niece’s house in Tampa for two nights before going further South to Englewood Beach, Florida through the 12th of April. Where are you going? This will be an adulting trip!! Lol

Karla
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm heading to Chicago today to visit my student as well as Dan, Annie, Dylan, and Penny. I'll return on Saturday for Cole's birthday party. I can't believe he's going to be 5! It's very chilly here, but at least the sun is out! That's a plus

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    Good evening. Repacking my bags as we will leave after I get done at the hairdresser tomorrow. Doing laundry and getting my beach towels ready to go!

Bert- I thought of you as I shopped in the Brighton store. I treated myself to a beautiful necklace, earrings and a bangle bracelet! That qualified me for the cutest umbrella. I love their jewelry.

Kevin took Glenn and I out for a nice dinner as today was his first payday! He established him a credit union account with checking and savings and a debit card. He said it sure felt great. His health has really improved and he is sleeping well.

My elder brother finally came and visited my father today. They have not seen each other since right after my mother passed in 2012. I’m so glad.

Well, I am beat so I better go lay down.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    TGIF! Lost a long post yesterday.

Bert- live that you get to combine neceork and grandkids. Everybody wins.

Karla, good news fron two of your brothers. Glad they are both being adults. Safe travels!

Cindy, what did they say about sweet Jasper? Does Fruffin freak out when you take his buddy to the vet for the day?

Waving hi to Diane & Patti.

Not much to report here - watching golf right now and may fall asleep. Hoping for a quiet weekend. Hugs to all.
  • KarlaLM58
    I am officially on vacation yet again!! Yeaa! This is an adult vacation. We are leaving this evening going to my dad’s in Panama City to shorten the trip, and see him of course. One night and most of Sunday with my niece Lainie in Tampa and then over to St Pete to visit Glenn’s cousin and a night on the beach there. Then it’s off to Englewood Beach on Monday through Thursday with some great friends. Can’t wait!!

I am off to the hairdresser now. I had gel nails done on my toes and fingernails yesterday in an awesome coral.

Bye for now,

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Good morning! Hope everyone had a fun weekend. Not much to report here - did stuff around the house, watched golf and hoops, eating up & down but definitely better than a few months ago. I'll take it. Busy week coming up too, but I wanted to begin it by saying hi to all of you lovely ladies.
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning Janet.

We had a wonderful visit with my niece and a great walk around St Pete. I got in over 10k steps. I also purchased some really cute clothes at Bealls yesterday. I had to return one shirt today. I just have to get used to the fact that I am firmly in a medium shirt now! It was so cute I was hoping it would work!! I bought Izzy-bug a Jo-Jo bag there too.

Glenn is being such a doting husband and is so happy. We are enjoying our adulting time together. Lol.

We are having breakfast at Bob Evans and then on the Englewood and our condo there. I just love my girlfriend’s daughter, Joanna, whom is also there. She looks just like her Mombwhen we lived together in college!! Lol. We will all have a great time. I have to remember though, “Beach hair don’t care!!” lol

Have a fabulous day and week if I don’t check back in a few days..

Karla
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. It's been very busy these past several days. I returned from Chicago on Saturday and then went to Cole's birthday party. Sunday was Jillian's soccer game in the 40 degree weather! The downstairs carpets were cleaned this morning and then my cleaning lady will come this afternoon. Tomorrow is another trip to Indy for a visit. There is light at the end of the tunnel student wise as my grades are due May 8. Then I'll be finished for the summer!

Bert
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Hi all, been trying to write this post all day. Trip has been nothing short of fantastic. Lots of laughter, good friendship and great food. Portion control has been my mantra. I am in sarasota now and charged with making dinner. Fresh, baked cod, home grown and canned green beans with a touch of leftover ham and cauluflower. Went to Ringling Bros museum but they have the mansion closed to tourist because they are filming Antique Road Show in a few days. We toured the gardens and art museum. Tomorrrow is painting lessons. Have taken a couple of bike rides but the heat and humidity are really high. Wed will be the best because we are meeting Diane and John for lunch in Venice. How lucky am I?
    We will be helping our friend close up and pack her place as she is heading back to KY on sunday. Her son will be here Friday to help and to drive home with her. Not sure when I will be able to post again but i carry you all with me wherever I go.
  • JP_in_KY
    Have fun, Patti and Diane!!!

Karla, glad you and Glenn are having a good time and have lots of loved ones around.

Bert, maybe we can choose a day later in May for lunch.

Motor on the fan for my (sealed) glass fireplace died - just makes a weird noise. Was fine when I turned it off last night. Oh well. Could be ever so much worse!
  • KarlaLM58
    edited April 2018
    Good evening ladies. Sitting listening to the rolling waves and visiting with wonderful friends. We grilled out this evening after a little shopping. Glenn is going charter fishing tomorrow and us ladies are going out for lunch.

Bert. I have missed you and knew you must have been really busy. It is in the upper 80’s here and gorgeous. The water is beautiful here but sand is not as white, however it is loaded with shells and shark teeth.

Janet - Sounds like you are back on house mode again. Our homes are our castles and represent us.

Speaking of that our addition is coming up. We are getting pictures from the builder.

I’m ready for bed, I’m getting a tan, I’m getting compliments on my weight loss too. Good times

Take care,

Karla
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi All-
    Just a quick breeze through, lots going on at the day job and working hard on the trilogy.I'm learning a lot from the new editor and crit partner. It humbles me to have found amazing people to support this journey.
    I hope all are well. It sounds like it.
    talk to you soon
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is a beautiful sunny day; however, the temps are chilly. I have a visit this morning and then will head to they gym. I haven't been there in a week as I've been traveling and visiting students. This is always a busy time as they are realizing that their coursework is due by the first of May. All of my evaluations are due as well.

I'm working on clean eating today. It hasn't been the best....I've stayed on points, but know I'm not eating enough vegetables. Today's breakfast was a hard boiled egg and apple = 0 points, so I'm off to a good start.

Bert
  • bertevans
    P.S. I'm having a Lipsense party. If anyone would be interested, I can add you to the group on Facebook. Definitely not a sales pitch just a way to include anyone who is interested.
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning Bert, we are going to have a beach day here and lovely sunny day in the low 80’s. We are grilling the catch from the charter fishing from yesterday too. Please put me down or link me in your Lipsense Facebook party. I have always wanted to try it!

We really did some power shopping yesterday and I bought some really cute things. Can you believe I had to get a size 10 in a skirt because the 12 was too big!!!!???? Yippeee

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Karla, congrats on the downsizing! Good thing you love to shop and this is the perfect time of year too.

Bert, chilly & sunny here too. But the next three days are warming still more. spring is finally in the air and the sound of lawnmowers is about in the land.

Diane and Patti, I know you'll have a blast.

Cindy, sounds like Lucinda is on fire right now. Yesssss!!

Had endocrinologist this morning - my tumor marker is appropriately low, which means next month's oncologist visit should be short & sweet. Nice to hear there seems to be no recurrence! Ran a few errands, now home to work on taxes and housework. James's truck was broken into at a golf course yesterday - they took his wallet, and you know what a hassle that is. I feel for him. He took my car to golf today since I'll be here anyway.
  • KarlaLM58
    Are Diane and apatyi meeting up?