OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm up early this morning as I have a two visits today. I was afraid if I went back to bed (6:00) I wouldn't be up in time to get ready for my first visit. I've been battling morning sinus issues. I'm not stopped up but wake up with a big headache and then my eyes run constantly for a couple of hours. It definitely sounds like an allergy of some kind.

Tonight is Cole's first t-ball game. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate.....it's supposed to get up to 60 today.

My eating has been ok; however, I need to concentrate more on vegetables and water intake. I' think I'll walk in the neighborhood when I get home this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone!

Bert

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Bert, the morning sinus stuff sounds way too familiar. It's the weather that's making them kicking, but the return of spring exacts that price. Finger crossed for t-ball - SO cute to watch.

Good morning to all - went golfing with James yesterday (I drive the cart and sometimes tend/pull the flagstick for him. It's really fun. It looked nicer than it was - extremely windy, so I had my down jacket and gloves on the whole time (too windy for a hat - guess I need a visor or something that secures itself better. We repeated the steak dinner form the other night, at his request, but my stomach was being weird so I ate little and have luscious leftovers.

Today, fireplace repair and housecleaning. Better get dressed and ready. Wishing you all a day with at least one unexpected moment of laughter.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Bert, have you ever tried Flonase or anything like it for your seasonal allergy symptoms? I swear by those inhaled steroids. My Mom has been having your same symptoms and it has taken me forever to get her to try them. Now she is symptom free and so happy. Edd has been on one type or another since they were prescription only, over 15 years, with no side affects and nearly complete relief of his symptoms. Before he started using the inhaled steroids he could barely go outside without being completely miserable. We never opened our windows, went from a/c to heat year round. If you ask him it has been a miracle. Just some thoughts in case you haven't tried them. The trick is to use them every day that it is not freezing outside.

Janet, I love the thought of you in your down coat and gloves out on the golf course with James, what fun. That was my big smile for the day.

I have spent hours on the phone and computer the last 2 days trying to cancel my direct TV and upgrade my cellphone plan to unlimited. Only thing that I have accomplished is the phone upgrade. I have tried to give feedback to AT&T about their awful customer service and their nearly unusable phone menu and website. They have said they would send me a feedback form via email 3 times and have received nothing so far. All this effort to save $90 a month, lol. We realized we rarely watch anything other than local tv, and the Firestick has everything we need and more. Will love getting rid of all the boxes and cables that go with the service too. Time to get ready for lunch, hair and shopping. The packing should go quickly, Frankie will be so happy that she gets to go with us on this trip.

Thinking of those not able to check in and hope you are having fun.
    Patti
  • luzingg
    Wow this day went fast. Lunch, hair, Costco, Meijers, camper packed, clothes and ditty bags ready to throw in tomorrow. Leaving at 5am I think. So happy with my hair. Short with perfect layers for that tosseled look. Changing from sleek and smooth products to texture and hold products. Perfect convertible hair, just tuck behind the ears and rake out a shape with my fingers when I get out of the car or off the boat. Can you tell I really like it, lol? I won't be back until next Sunday night or Monday morning.
    Wishing you all love and laughter
    Patti
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm heading to the gym today and then to Sam's for fruit for my party on Saturday. Last night's t-ball game was so cold! It was very windy and I felt sorry for the kids. I was in my winter coat with a hat and still was cold. I understand that it's difficult to reschedule games, but come on! Think about the players. The kids didn't mind though. They were excited. Cole did pretty well. Greg is doing a nice job helping the kids to understand how to field rather than the whole team going after the ball when it's it. Although it was cold, it was fun to watch.

Another store is closing in our mall. I think the mall will end up being an indoor walking space for us old folk! There are several empty places in the mall already.

Patti: Yes, I use Flonase. I haven't been congested, so I don't think to use it. I take Claritin in the morning and Flonase at night. I'm going back to that regimen.

Janet: I love to drive the cart. Mike and I will probably do just that when it warms up.

Waving hi to Karla, Cindy, and Diane.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is going to be a beautiful sunny day! It's supposed to be in the 50's, so I believe a walk in the neighborhood will be in my plan this aafternoon. My house cleaner is coming today. I will dust the furniture, and she will do the mopping and vacuuming and bathrooms. I only have her for 2 hours like I did my other cleaner.

My eating has been pretty good. I'm trying to limit my carb intake which is always a challenge. WW points are always higher if I eat more protein.

Tonight Mike and I are going to a Simon and Garfunkel tribute concert. It should be fun.

Bert
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. The concert was ok; not the best singers, but we enjoyed the songs. That's what it was all about anyway. Today is going to be another nice day. I walked yesterday and got over 13K steps in!

One of our church members passed away last night. He just turned 97. He sang in the church choir for over 70 years. He had many health issues over the past few years, so now he's at peace.

Bert
  • bertevans
    I had cookies made for my party today. We had a good time. Also had plates a napkins for the occasion.

6iuyuimaaitf.jpeg

• JP_in_KY
    Bert, that all looks beautiful - perfect napkins for the party. Bet it was fun.

Went to dinner and Pops concert with a friend last night - had scallops over couscous & asparagus - the sauce around edge of plate was a shrimp bisque sauce. Yum! The concert was a tribute to the music of Michael Jackson & the singer was really good - down to the dance moves and soaring falsetto. We had a blast.

Good weather today, got errands done, ordered staples fill-in to be picked up at Walmart tomorrow morning, watching basketball now. Eating has been medium but have been having more fruits, veggies & water and keeping portions modest. Found a cute stretch denim jacket at Target at a good price, plus an extra 10% off - perfect for many occasions this time of year.
  • luzingg
    HI girls, just got back from MS. It was supposed to start raining about 4am and not stop until Tuesday there, so I convinced Edd that it would be so much nicer to pack it all up and d I've home on dry roads for a change. Plus the ladies I hang with there were also leaving early because of the weather too. The temps were perfect during the day but it was so cold each night.meven had to put Frankie in a sleeping bag to keep her from shivering. The days were spent chatting about anything and everything with some very smart and funny ladies. We had a bonfire last night with some very excellent sipping bourbon being shared in plastic shot glasses. Friends, camping, bonfires and bourbon......perfect mix!
    Tomorrow I am dedicating my day to be crafty. I want to work on my watercoloring while my lessons are fresh in my mind. Thanks for oohing and aahing at my recent attempts. It is something I think I am going to love once I get more practice.

Janet, I love MJs music and his moves too. Wonderful to hear that the performer did him justice. We don't get performances like that around here. Love the denim jacket, an accessory that never seems to go out of style.

Bert, I am trying to get on the WW wagon with you. You are inspiring me. I admit I have been "last suppering" this weekend! Not over eating, but indulging is a couple of things I really love and can only get at this rally. Ribeye steak sandwich and baked potato salad (made with potatoes that were cooked on a smoker grill) from a local smoke shack. Had some homemade garlic peanuts. The lady shaves whole cloves of garlic in raw Spanish peanuts then cooks in oil, stirring frequently until the garlic slivers are crispy. Salt, cool and pour into mason jars. So addicting and felt relieved when she took the jar with her. I bet Cole loved having you there as did Greg. Out of everything we do for our grandkids they remember the times we spent with them. Since all mine are grown I can tell you how much it warms my heart when they recall stories of the things we did together. Cherish every minute.

Diane, hope you are continuing to enjoy your sight-seeing vacation.

Cindy, I keep praying for some peace in your life and that you LR times give you some relief of your stress.

Karla, how is the addition coming. I know you are in your element with the design and decoration phase to come. Do you have a completion date? Bet Glenn is excited for his man cave, what man wouldn't be?

I have been pecking away at the post for over an hour as I have unpacked and done some odd jobs. Times to get in my warm bed
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Good morning ladies. Whewwww, I got over 13k steps yesterday between the neighborhood yard sales and cleaning house!! We have the supper club at our house this Saturday. I'm keeping it easy and doing a taco bar. My BFF, Monica, is making her famous Flan for dessert for me. I am also serving Margaritas and Dos Eqos beers. I'm making the seven layer bean dip and the crockpot will have the rotel dip in it. I will have my Ole' Extreme Wellness wraps for me to make me a burrito and have a little of the bean dip. I'm determined to get my vacation fluff off!!

Bert - I have my check ready for the mail to Nicole for my products from your party. I'm so excited. I did miss the mailman, so it will go out Monday. Your napkins were adorable. I wish I could have been there. The eye shadows are very interesting. Mary Kay used to have some eye shadows that you put on after mixing with water that stayed on all day. YEARS ago.

Patti- We are thinking the inside will be complete sometime in late June. Glenn and his buddies will do the sheet rock, electricity, plumbing and flooring. It is coming out like a cottage with a high roof and beautiful across the front porch. I can't wait to have the white full swing on the one end with beautiful throw pillows on it. We are going to have a big Open House pool party for family and friends when it is ready. I think that was good thinking on going back early before the storm/rain hit. Those peanuts sound yummy.

Janet - Oh I would have loved that concert and the dinner!!

I have been washing down my outside patio sets and washing the throw pillows. It started raining before I could get my bedding plants in, so I will do that later Right now I am working on my sewing room. I just told Kevin and Glenn that I no longer need a home office. My family practice client just sold his practice and I will no longer be working for him as of July 1st. I only went there once day a month anyway. I don't really need to make it a bedroom as we now have a chair and a half in there that pulls out to a single bed, and with the cottage/man cave in the back with another bedroom, we are a four bedroom home now. LOL.

I am back to work, but wanted to stop in. Waving hello to Diane and Cindy.

Karla

• JP_in_KY
    Good morning - rainy Monday here, a good day to catch up on dumb stuff and maybe watch a movie, have a nap. (Possibly all of the above!) The weather has my sinuses so full (Bert, that makes two of us!) that I had to sit on the edge of the bed for a minute before I felt safe to stand up. Have medicated and will keep warm liquids going, take at least one hot shower to keep stuff moving in my head - except my sluggish brain. The rain is making everything so wonderfully green. I have a dandelion epidemic in my front yard but my lawn guy is paying for extra treatment.

Things are good here. Have been using my Pause button more often - not often enough, but enough to make some difference & I'm stocked with healthy foods. Having James here means having different stuff in the house, so I try to pay attention and restock basics before we run out.

Karla, your addition sounds gorgeous - how lucky you are to have Glenn and his buddies to do some of the stuff that would be costly. Even better, the pride of saying "I helped build that" is incalculable. I have friends in MA who fell in love with a house just after they got married and bought it. It wasn't until after closing, when they took her mother to see it, that they learned that my friend's father had built that house! Your party sounds like it'll be great fun.

Patti, glad you got Edd motivated to drive on drier roads. Sound like fun, even for a brief trip. You and I share the love of the road - I have friends who think anything more than an hour is a LONG drive.

Bert, how may visits do you have this week? Hoping you get at least one more Chicago trip so you can see the kids.

Diane, thinking of you, John & Charly4. Soon you'll be holding Elise - bet you'll feel the difference in her size, and I imagine she will bubble over with joy to see you two.

Cindy, how are things in LR world? Wishing you creative juices galore.

Big hugs to all as we being a new week.
  • luzingg
    Today is a new beginning. I have been playing far too long and am recommitting to me and will allow WW to guide my choices. Heading out to get groceries. My fridge is seriously empty so I can fill it with WW friendly choices. Edd need to loose too, so not getting any junk for him. I have lots of lean protein in the freezer, just need lots of veggies and some fruit. One of my very best friends had a heart attack yesterday. Total surprise, he is only 53. He had total blockage of the main coronary artery, Commonly known as the widow maker. A wake up call for me. He is a smoker but otherwise extremely healthy. Very active, thin, eats well and leads a pretty stress free life. Can't fight genetics. So I need to control the things I can and make better choices in my eating. My pause button is going to start getting a workout! I never got my craft on, beyond surfing Pinterest, lol, but I did get a lot of other things done around the house, so not a total schlub. I am back to work tonight, it will be a shock to my feet and knees!

Janet, your rain is headed our way. Sorry it is giving you such fits. I am lucky to not suffer in that way. Enjoy your lazy day.

Hi to the rest of the gang
    Patti
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Hello all from the road in rainy coastal Georgia. Last night it intermittently rained and poured! Luckily today was just intended to be a road day anyway. I’m not driving but poor John is fighting the heavy downpours mixed with just steady rain.

Universal Studios was okay but not my favorite. All the rides are thrill rides and mostly just too intense for me. I did enjoy the Harry Potter themed areas. Yesterday we spent visiting Cumberland Island on the border of Florida and Georgia. Very interesting place. Quite dense with palmettos and live oaks. I said at one point I felt like I was walking through Lothlorien. We walked over nine miles yesterday! Eleven miles one day at Universal and 7.5 the other day there. Of course eating at universal was terrible. Trying to do better, but at least I am walking some of it off.

Tomorrow we will visit Charleston and Fort Sumpter. We ar trying to get home May 2 or 3.
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Patti hope work is kind to you tonight and not crazy. It seems like there is always a sale going on. I have had fri nds with health problems too that give me that jolt of a wake up.

Janet enjoy your quiet day. Yes I can’t wait to see my little angel again. That’s why I want to get home Wednesday, so I can have her for the day Thursday since I told my sister I would help Friday through Sunday!

Karla your place will be wonderful. Has Glenn started back working yet? How will he balance that with finishing the man cave?

Bert I’m betting you are off on a visit already today. Drive safe, and hope this student makes you proud.

Waving to Cindy.

Thanks to all of you for keeping me in your thoughts even when I don’t get her often.
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. I have the day "off" :D I've spent the morning completing evaluations and reviewing assignments. I just can't believe some students. After I graded their "final copies", they didn't like their score and wanted to redo! I told them nicely just ot move on! If I dwelled on lessons I taught and test scores that didn't turn out the way I wanted, that's all I would have done! You have to view the big picture. Ok, I'm done standing on my soapbox!

I'm heading to the gym today. Tomorrow is the funeral for one of our church members and then a visit in the afteroon. I head to Chicago on Thursday, return on Saturday, and go to Indy with my BFFs to see Wicked . I know I'll get exercise in Chicago as well walking around the neighborhood. We are also planning to take the EL into Wrigley. It should be fun.

• luzingg
    Bert, that is why you were an excellent teacher and now a great mentor, you see the big picture. I wish al your students would get that from you and take it with them as they enter into their careers. I love Wicked and would love to see it again some day. Your weekend sounds like so much fun.

I had a blue dot day yesterday., I am going to bring that strategy back. Heck I am going to bring out any of the old tricks that worked, lol. Work was not bad. I think the rain kept the crowds away. Plus, business slows down this time of year. Going back to 2 days a week after this one. I may have to call off on Saturday if they don't give me the day off. I have my card group and it is all planned with lots of fun stuff so I am not cancelling on them. Going to Mom's and then the gym, followed by a big salad with chicken. I will probably have a salad from Wendy's for lunch too if Mom wants a burger. I gained 3 pounds in three weeks, and am hopeful it will come off as quickly as I put it on. A girl can dream!

Back later tonight if I can. Wishing you all a day filled with whatever makes you smile
    Patti
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is the funeral for one of our long time member/choir members. We are also providing the family with a dinner after the service. The choir is also singing. I'm sure it will be a nice service. He was a wonderful man, so kind and loving. His wife died of Alzheimers a few years ago.

I have a visit this afternoon and then will head to Chicago for another visit and spend time with Dan, Annie, Dylan, and Penny.

Eating has been pretty good. It's not showing up on the scale as I can't seem to move past the 8 lbs I lost, but I'm determined to stay on plan. I just want it to move a little to help my motivation. My workout yesterday was good though.

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Good morning ladies.

Bert- Have a great trip. Nicole should have my payment tomorrow. I’m excited to get my products. I’ve also found a distributor selling out her stock for $12.50 each! So I’m getting a couple more colors! Have a great visit in Chicago.

Eating and steps have been great. My housekeeper Tammy was stunned in my appearance yesterday. My home looks so good! I have decluttered room by room.

Have a great day.

Karla
  • luzingg
    Good morning, I did pretty well yesterday until late in the evening. I know it was pure anxiety fueling my need to stuff food in my mouth. My very dear friend, the one who lives near my cabin, had a heart attack on Sunday. 100% blockage of the main coronary artery, commonly known as the "Widowmaker". They did a stent but he still had a lot of damage. His heart is currently functioning at 35% but hopefully that will improve. He is having serious arrhythmias and will be going home with a life vest, basically an external defibrillator. He is only 53 and I confess I am very scared and worried for him and his GF, who is one of my best friends. If you don't mind could you all please add him to your prayer list. He is very active and healthy. His biggest vice is smoking and I pray this will be the end of that. They are fortunate that the next door neighbor is a nurse. She also teaches CPR and will be giving me gf a crash course. They are within shouting distance of each other.
    Next up is lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, I love their Skinnylicious Asian Chicken salad for 10 points. It is large enough that I will split it and eat the other half for dinner. Tomorrow my daughter and I are going to a local "hippy" town. It is just 30 minutes from us. All shops have local goods. No made out of the country stuff. Wonderful little restaurants, too. It is like a step back in time to the '60s. There is a shop that pierces ears for $8 including the stud! I am going to have my second holes redone. Now that my hair is short again I like to wear earrings more.

Bert, have a great weekend! Keep doing what you are doing and the scales will move. You should take your measurements, I bet you are losing inches since you are working out more,

Karla, decluttering is it's own reward sometimes. Glad the compliments keep coming. Having your hard work noticed is a great motivator.

Waving to Cindy, Diane and Janet.
    Patti