OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. It will be a beautiful day to travel. It's bright and sunny and temperatures will be good as well.

Yesterday's funeral service was nice. He had sung in the choir for 75 years and was a wonderful, loving, and caring man.

Patti: My friend had the very same heart attack last summer. She's functioning at 25% and was a "closet smoker". We all knew, though. She wore the life vest too for awhile. It's very hard to see friends and family suffer. I'll add him to my prayers.

Waving hi to Janet, Diane, Karla, and Cindy. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    First off congrats to Karla! I got a message from MFP that you have logged in every day for a year! That shows consistency and dedication, and it is showing in your wonderful losses the last six months.

Bert it sounds like your friend had a long and fulfilling life. I hope the funeral was a celebration of his life. And I agree with Patti, you should take measurements. I bet your hard work is showing up there. Safe travels.

Patti I started with WW after watching my dear MIL pass away from heart failure. So maybe this will be the kick you need to get dedicated again. I’m sorry for your friend. My MIL lived for years with about 25% heart function, but she quit smoking, lost 100 pounds, and ate a very healthy diet.

Janet I hope you are just having quiet me days for a few.

Waving to Cindy.
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    We are on the last week of our trip and heading towards home. I posted a bunch of stuff on FB on the TravelswithCharly4 page so won’t repeat it here. Today we are headed to NC and staying overnight with my DILs mother and granny. I like her dad who lives near us but her mother not so much. But we are passing nearby so it would be rude not to stop. We are stopping at a revolutionary war battlefield first that is sort of on the way so we don’t get there too early in the day.

I’ve been trying to exercise my pause button more. We have gotten lots of walking almost every day this week so that is a positive.

Back soon. I think I’ll start having mor reliable cell service.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Bert, enjoy your drive and time with family and friends this weekend. I admit I am so jealous about Wicked, lol.

Diane, enjoyed all the picks and have added several locations to check out "one of these days". You and John could be tour guides. Between the pics and your descriptions you could draw anyone to anywhere. Won't be long and you will be holding your sweet Alise in your arms again.

I am super sore from Tuesday's TRX class. We did lots of squats on the TRX and using the 45 pound bar. Feeling the 3 weeks off intensely in my thighs. Hope walking around our little hippy town with Suzie will work the last of the stiff and sore out of them. Especially since we may be repeating that class tonight. Tonight I need to work on my card class for Saturday. They gave me the day off, since I wasn't coming in anyway it seemed like the best thing to do. I didnt want to leave them short handed, they had plenty of time to fill my shift.

Patti

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    TGIF, friends! Been a busy week but wanted to stop by and wish everyone a terrific weekend.

Been staying very busy. Just home from a symphony concert and a delightful lunch & learn session afterward; the speaker was the orchestra's principal trombone, and she is delightful. Tonight, weather permitting, we're going to the balloon glow (part of the Kentucky Derby Festival, which is two weeks of all sorts of stuff). The big balloon race is tomorrow morning but I doubt I'll be in town for the 7 AM start, but seeing the balloons lit at night should be just unearthly.

Have had a faulty Pause button some days this week but staying pretty good on portion control. The lunch today had lots of healthy options but I caved to a truffle for dessert. Oh well - may not get dinner tonight and will compensate somehow.

Big hugs to everyone - personals when I have time.
  • luzingg
    Nice post this morning went down the drain with that heinous DONE button it has been a glorious 2 days. Suzie and I are finding our rhythm with each other. While I am silly, she has a very dry sense of humor so I have trouble reading her sometimes but we are working it out. I got my ears pierced. Actually got the second holes redone by a very nice gentleman in the nicest little jewelry shop. All jewelry hand made by him and other local artists. Living a little close to the vest right now but will buy some earring on my next trip there. My GFs and I go there every few months.
    We did repeat the TRX class with bar weights but happy to say I was not as stiff and sore. This morning I went to Pilates and that worked out the rest of the pain. Worked from 2-7 and now getting ready for tomorrow. Card class cancelled, not enough coming to make it worth my while, will do next month. Best part is I got out of work! So my GFs and I are going to the tent sale, then lunch. Edd and I are headed to the cabin after that. I. Really NEED to see my friend and see for myself how he is doing. I don't mind confessing here how scared I am for him and his gf.

Janet, what fun! My pause button is working over time and not always successfully but we won't give up, not today.

Diane hope your trip is fun to the last.

Hi all
    Patti
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. I had fun yesterday with Greg. We rode the Metra into downtown Chicago and met Dan for lunch. Then we walked around and did tourist things. I got 17,000 steps in yesterday. Dylan has a soccer game this morning, and then I'll think about heading home. Have a good day everyone!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    Good morning, gang.

Bert, I love downtown Chicago - the museums, shops, cool yet inexpensive places to eat, and of course the people-watching.

Patti, I knew you'd get past the re-entry stiffness quickly. SO happy you will be able to see your friend - please let us know how he seems to be doing.

Weird but fun evening here. Traffic trying to get into the grounds for the balloon glow was extreme and James suggested we bail, so we drove downtown and had a bite to eat at a funky place where we were the oldest people there, but so what - even found a parking space right across the street. House-made thin-crust margherita pizza (I had two xmll slices but without the thick end of the crust, and we split a small caesar salad, so not really a bad choice. We came home and watched basketball and gave up for the night after 2. Ramping up slowly here but I have at least gotten the dishwasher going.

The sun's out here and it's just gorgeous. It was too windy for the Great Balloon Race (which happens often) so they won't be drifting near the house about now. No idea what the day will bring but I have plenty to do.

Hi to Diane, Cindy and Karla - wishing y'all a most excellent Saturday!
  • bertevans
    Just a quick check in as I'm getting ready for church and then off to Indy to see Wicked! Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    Bert, I love Wicked. Enjoy every second!
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    36gr2ktcobwx.jpeg

Bert,
    Here is the Plumeria Lipsense color and glossy gloss. A little more red than I thought, but I like it. Off to the crawfish boil at my son’s house.

My supper club was a big hit. Everyone loved the taco bar.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Karla, great color on you. Looks to me like a vibrant hot pink. Enjoy the party!
  • KarlaLM58
    edited April 2018

Lipsense still holding up at the crawfish boil
  • KarlaLM58
    kfiwsdu9vcmy.jpeg
    Here is above pic
  • luzingg
    Back after a pretty quick trip to the cabin. Our furnace broke but we had a couple of electric heaters so should be fine, especially since the waterbed is heated. Part should be available tomorrow, if not at least it is warming up this week. Very nice dinner at a local favorite restaurant near the cabin with our neighbors. Today was spent with my friend and his gf. Feel much better now, still worried but at least I gave him some info and I think he benefited from it. Planning to go back next weekend.

Karla, that is a gorgeous color on you. Can really see the weight loss in these pics. Can't believe how big JJ is getting.
    More tomorrow
  • bertevans
    Good morning, Ladies. It's another busy day today. The rummage sale set up is today at church, and I also need to return the rental car from my Chicago visit. Today is to be gorgeous, so I'm planning to walk outside today and do my computer work (evaluations/grade assignments) this evening.

Wicked was awesome! (as I knew it would be). The sets were amazing and so was the cast! I had a fabulous time with my BFF's

Karla: I like the plumeria on you... I love the Lipsense.....it does stay on all day.

Patti: Hope you hyad a good time at the cabin even though your furnace broke.

Waving hi to Janet, Cindy, and Diane.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • bertevans
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi Girls-
    I've tried to log in a few times and couldn't find the box to type a message- I had to join the group. very odd indeed.
    Sorry I've been TOTALLY MIA- working hard on the new book every spare chance I get. My pause button is working but the deadline of August is looming. So I'm working my butt off.
    I did some free weights this morning- one step for me and changed up my breakfast- been starving all day but I'll survive.
    Everyone sounds happy and healthy here for that I could my blessings. But I feel out of the loop.
    Need to run but really wanted to check in- keep smiling and remember to pause.
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Cindy, you are always a part of this group. I love hearing that you are writing. As long as you are taking time to do what you need to do to be you, I am happy. Life will slow down a bit once August comes and goes. Thanks for letting us know you are ok.

Cooked up a mess of ribs, some of my best work, lol. Taking some to Mom's for lunch tomorrow and will gave them for dinner tomorrow after the gym. But for now I am whooped and going to bed

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning and welcome to Tuesday.

Quick stop by myself as it is May 1st and I am off to the Saraland clinic to close it's books before I head to the Podiatry office. Short week this week as the Podiatrist is in Destin Thursday and Friday at a convention. Yeaaaa!! My niece and great nephew are coming over Thursday so we are hanging out by the pool.

Cindy - So fabulous to see you stop by, but totally understand your schedule.

Patti - Yes, my JJ is totally growing up. He will be 15 in September and towers over me now. He is, and always will be, my heart. He was a little boy when you visited here. Thank you for your compliments on my facial weight loss. I appreciate it. I'm glad you and Suzie had a good visit. I would love to visit that little town some day, as I love the 70's!

Bert - I do love the Lipsense too!! It did last all day yesterday with me just reapplying the glossy gloss after lunch. Thank you for turning me on to it.

I'm off to do a couple business things here before I head out.

Have a great day,

Karla