OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Hello from waterlogged Dayton. seems like it has rained for ages. Yards and streets flooded. But it is the dreariness that wears me down. However, a good dose of girlfriends, IKEA shopping and lunch at Smokey Bones, followed up with a super fun TRX class turned on the sunshine in my soul.
    Now I am on to my Thursday nite shows and headed to my craft room to play with some new toys. If it stops raining I am going to do a little shopping, if it doesn't I will just stay home and start gathering stuff for vacation.....and more craft room time.

Diane, I have never been to Big Bend but it is on the list. Can't wait to see and hear all about it.

Bert, the kids will love the treats, no matter what you call them.

Cindy, glad you got away to see your Dad. Be safe. Love the skyline in Vermont pic, gorgeous.

Karla, I am sure you are having fun with Izzy as usual. I hope Glenn is better by now.

Janet, are you getting any rest? Stay in and stay dry.

Creativity awaits
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Good morning ladies and TGIF. One more day and this body will be heading to the beautiful beaches of Destin. I can't wait to see this resort. 17 swimming pools? One with a volcano in the middle? I can't wait to see this resort! Mostly I want to lay on the beach and get some sun on my legs and arms. My legs haven't been this slim in years! Still holding at 177. Yep, I checked this morning. LOL.

Patti - It rained like the dickins here yesterday also. Clearing today and the beaches are supposed to be awesome while we are in Destin with temps in the mid 70's. Perfect!!

Diane - Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. The fact that you are being mindful of your eating tells me you are doing well. I'm your activity is keeping your weight under wraps. Just enjoy yourself.

Bert - I know you are busy with this being Easter week. We are having Easter dinner at my house tomorrow since we are heading out Easter morning. There is a Sunrise service held outside near our home at 6:30 I may try o attend.

I have to scan and send some documents to Medicare before I head out.

Happy Easter to all however you enjoy it. We are having a lighted night egghunt here tomorrow evening after we eat. So fun.

Karla
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. This morning, I'm headed to Greg and Carrie's to color Easter Eggs with the kids. Coloring Easter Eggs was so fun when the boys were little, and now memories are being made with Jillian and Cole. I'll head to the gym at some point today. Did anyone get a notification from MFP about security?

Karla: Where in Destin is the new resort? We had such a great time when we were there a couple of years ago. I'd like to go again sometime.

Patti: Girlfriend time is a must! It finally stopped raining, so I'm hoping for a rain free day today. My joints are asking as well.

Waving hi to Diane, Janet, and Cindy.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Good morning, all.

Cindy, hope you and Em had a great visit with your dad. Vermont is so beautiful - I do miss New England.

Bert, any time I smell vinegar I think of dyeing Easter eggs. So much fun with the kids.

Patti, sounds like your mind is getting into adventure mode. Hope the prep goes smoothly.

Karla, how will you make time for 17 pools and a beach? You'll find a way, I'm sure. Have a great time.

Diane, Big Bend is a place I hope to see one day. With Charly, you have the freedom to explore.

My eating has been not awful this week - the pause button and the NO muscle are slowly regaining strength.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Easter weekend! Much love from rainy Kentucky (hey, it's really greening things up).
  • KarlaLM58
    Good afternoon friends. I am at a very busy nail salon having my tippy toes done and my manicure. This is my usual place but with the holiday it is swamped, good thing I arrived early! I’m getting the Secret Minerals from the Dead Seas Pedicure..

Bert- I have not been to this resort but it is in Miramar Beach at Sandestin. I am excited to see it. It has to be pretty large and on the water to offer kayaks, boogie boards, bicycles and 17 pools. Lol. I’m just taking the two granddaughters, Audrey and Izzy. Glenn has already told us we can’t go to the doll shop again. Lol.

Gotta run

Karla

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. It was a very rough night sleeping last night. I was awake from 2-5:30. Finally got back to sleep around 6 and slept until 8. The neighbor's dogs didn't help either, but that's not the reason I woke up. I doubt if I get a nap as the upstairs carpets are getting cleaned this afternoon, and then I'll watch the kids while Greg's dad takes him and Carrie out to dinner for their birthdays. Very typical of him..........better for me, though, as I get the best end of that deal. Spending money on an expensive dinner vs speding time with the kids......hmmmmm......no brainer in my book.

This morning is cantata rehearsal. I'm decorating Easter cookies this afternoon. Have a great day, everyone! At a stand still with the scales, but I'm still on plan.

Bert
  • luzingg
    Good morning ladies, the sun is shining and I am getting ready to go visit Mom and bring her Kroger order. Then a quick trip to Walmart to pick up a few things for our trip. I am getting excited for two weeks that will be filled with fun shared with some awesome friends, some beautiful vintage BMWs and a bit of beach time. No fancy pools or volcanos though, lol. Our friend in Sarasota no doubt has a million things planned for us to do and see, as she never sits still for very long. She has promised me another watercolor lesson and I am really looking forward to that. Planning to get at least an hour of bike riding in every day and hopefully one good long ride, while in Sarasota. They have wonderful bike paths there.

Bert, you are spot on with what is important. Time with family is more precious than gold. I spent a lot of time with my grandkids as they grew up and now that they are adults they want to spend time with me. I am definitely the winner there and so are you. I love hearing the kids say "Grandma, remember that time we........." Those words are music to my soul.

Waving hi to the rest of the crew. Enjoy you day
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Good afternoon ladies and Happy Easter weekend.

Bert - I know you are deep in the holiday pleasures with your local grands and enthralled with your church activities. I will let you know how this resort plays out. As you can tell I am anxious to experience it with my granddaughters.

Patti - Had I ever mentioned to you my first medical job was at Sarasota Memorial Hospital in 1976? Yes, that started my medical reimbursement career. I know you didn’t mean that as a “barb” about the fancy pools and volcanos. My grandchildren are my heart and they will love it all. It claims to be a very family oriented resort. Glenn and I invested in the Wyndham ownership program so we could share it with our family. That’s why we can stay at these wonderful places now without a nightly fee. We bought into over ten years ago and paid off the mortgage. Then we purchased that additional mortgage for a song from a coworker of his. I love the opportunities it affords us. One of the biggest expenses of any vacation is the condo or hotel fees. We traveled for three weeks straight last year for Glenn’s retirement trip on Wyndham.

We had some disturbing news a little while ago. Glenn’s middle son’s first wife has passed away. She had a known heart condition. She is the mother of his oldest two boys. So sad.

Happy holiday to you all,

Karla

• JP_in_KY
    Karla, so sorry for the loss. Hope Glenn and his son and the boys will find peace soon. Hope it won't interfere with your trip. May the weather be perfect! Remember the sunscreen.

Bert, the cantata will be lovely - hope you got some rets today after that restless night. Middle age is a bear sometimes! You definitely win on time with the kids. Enjoy every second! My brother and sister-in-law are in OR to spend Easter with Caleb and Cady. They've put up some adorable photos.

Patti, I can practically hear you whooping with joy as you get onto the road. Today's mom time will be extra precious to last for a bit.

Things are OK here. James is spending the weekend at his girlfriend's so I'm taking advantage of solo time to go through some things. Took eight small bags of stuff to Goodwill today. Much more to do but any start is a good thing.

Waving an Easter hello to Cindy and Diane. Much love to you all.
  • luzingg
    May the blessings of Easter touch you all today.
    I had a lovely visit with Mom, got my last minute items from the store, have most of my clothes and personal items packed and Edd has all the camping gear in the car already. Just need to finish the laundry and then everything will be put in the car today. We will drop Frankie off at our son's on our way out of town. Then we will make a brief stop at Edd's brothers place in KY to drop off some stuff and then we will be free as birds heading south.
    Will check in when I can but looking forward to some disconnected time so no worries if you don't hear from me.

Hugs to all
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    whqn1yo2i8nc.jpg

Good afternoon. We finally got over to the condo. Totally awesome.

Bert - This is right across the street from the Bay Club at San Destin. It is that huge grouping of tall hotels and condos including the Hilton. So right past the Silver Sands Outlets.

Patti- So Edd and you are camping yourselves down to Florida and Mississippi and back via motorcycle. What wonderful weather for it. Enjoy.

The girls are having a ball. It’s what warms my heart. Izzy has missed the last two vacations due to flu and strep throat. She is on cloud nine now.

We are on the 10th floor and are headed to the beach for a couple hours before dinner. They gave us a listing of activities at the resorts and of course there is a Luau and also a doll show and a sand castle building event the girls have circled. Life is good.

I hope you all have enjoyed great family time, self time, fur baby time or pleasure of your choice this weekend.

Karla
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Happy Easter to all! We are finally where we have some cell service. I spent a couple hours uploading pictures, editing them and getting some FB posts up. We had a terrific time. I haven’t tracked anything, because no service! But I’ve not been indulging too much,and I’ve been getting tons of exercise.

Looks like Patti, Cindy and Karla are off on trips. Have a blast! And Janet is getting some well deserved me time, and Bert is having fun with family. More personals tomorrow maybe. We should have service most of the time now. Tomorrow we are headed for Austin then San Antonio and the Alamo on Tuesday.
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Just one photo my DIL sent me. IMG_2031.JPG
  • JP_in_KY
    Good morning. Quiet Easter here, which was pleasant. Got pics from Oregon of Cady & Caleb - way cute.

Diane, if you want unusual toys for Elise, friends own the Toy Joy store in Austin. Weird and wonderful stuff. Enjoy this part of your trip.

Karla, hope the weather is as pretty as it looks in that photo. Dip your toes in for all of us. I know the girls are having a blast.

Patti, hope Edd gets his must-dos out of the way efficiently so you can leave at a decent (low-traffic) hour.

Cindy, how was your dad? Had to be fun with Emily along!

Bert, can you relax a bit this week with church Easter stuff over? I bet the kids had a great Easter with you and Mike to dote on them.

My eating was not great but not horrible over the weekend. I bought James some Easter candy but none for myself. Did cave to Belvita biscuits while running errands but it could've been worse. Trying to get plenty of fiber and am doing really well at turning to a no-calorie beverage when my tummy rumbles. Don't know about the scale and don't care. Got some stuff dropped off to donate after morning blood draw for endocrinologist. Will finish laundry while James is golfing and tonight my Michigan Wolverines play for the national championship. Villanove is probably the better team but you never know - that's why they actually play the game!
  • KarlaLM58
    Diane- Nice to hear from you every time you can. Yes, I am on the first beach trip now in Destin, then two days home and off again. My next trip will include visiting relatives the first two days in Tampa and St Pete and then on to Englewood Beach for three nights meeting up with 10-12 friends from the 1970’s!! Too fun! We will have a blast. We all went on a seven day cruise in 2011. I love San Antonio. Enjoy!!

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    My legs are definitely thinner, two more pounds and I hit 175!!!!!
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi All-
    I know its been a while, again.
    Dad is good and time spent with Em, priceless.
    Did I say my company was sold to Plaskolite based in Columbus, not sure what that will mean but I'll be busy for the next few months.
    Pouring every spare moment into the trilogy to send to Wild Rose Press-
    Quick personals-
    Karla have a great time on vacation and congrats on the scale downward spiral
    Diane- enjoy travels and remember frozen is good too if you can't get fresh veggies
    Bert- I can't wait to see the new movie I can Only Imagine- have fun with the kids
    Janet- your house has to be empty by now.. ;) saying no and pause are powerful indeed. I'm glad James has found love. Do you think he'll stay in the area now?
    Patti- sorry I missed your departure- i hope you have a great time.
    I miss talking to you daily but I hope you can understand- delivering 3- 70k+ books in 6 months is VERY agressive.... time to straighten my cape and be wonder woman
    Hugs to all- you mean the world to me.
    Cindy
  • JP_in_KY
    Cindy, so good to see you! Hang in there - we treasure it when you are able to make time to check in. Write away!

Karla, looks like you are all having fun. Did the girls like the band?

Patti and Diane, hope travels are bringing joy.

Bert, hope you have the sun we’re getting right now but won’t get the storm we’re to get tomorrow.

Did OK yesterday but can do better. A new day and pushing liquids here.

Well, my team list but they were outmatched. Fun anyway - only two teams get to play for the title, so no shame in a loss.
  • KarlaLM58
    Good afternoon. The fun continues. The girls had fun at the doll contest and got medals for their participation. Priceless memories indeed.

Cindy- We all know we are on your mind when you are unable to post. Yes, I have had to replace my entire wardrobe. Even shoes. I am tracking along this’s vacation and eating light but no dvds. Prayers for your future.

We are dropping Glenn/Papa off at the resort and the girls and I are hitting the Commons shopping stores. Brighton, Chico’s and Francesco’s here I come! Plus shops for the girls.

As Izzy says “we don’t like Papa to go shopping with us”. Lol.

Karla
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi Girls-
    Its another dreary day here but it is giving moisture for the bulbs waiting to pop up when the sun does start to shine. Jasper goes back to Tufts on Friday so will miss most of my LR day but he's worth it.
    I do have time over the weekend to work - so that's a good thing.
    Karla- I'm sure its a hardship to replace your entire wardrobe- LOL have fun with the girls.
    Janet- there's always next year with College hoops-
    Diane and Patti- have a blast....
    Bert- big plans for the day?
    Changing my plate size is helping I think. I find myself more empty in the morning and I've also scaled back at lunch, breakfast remains the same unless I just have time for a yogurt.
    I'm making it happen but when the weather starts to cooperate I'll be able to walk more.
    Gotta run- hugs all the way around.
    Cindy