OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    8h4yaef0gkmo.jpeg
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi everyone,
    All is well here- working on editing Blue and wanted to log my food for the day- working hard to get in enough protein which has never been my idea of fun, love my carbs- lol
    Anyway- tweaking away.
    Karla the shrimp look delish- can you share the recipe?
    Patti- please take it easy and let the knee rest
    Bert I too find your selflessness humbling- the world needs more of you and Mike's - my nutritionist has been covered by insurance
    Janet- so glad you're feeling a bit better. I miss chatting with you

Making a roast chicken, green bean and quinoa for dinner- Rick is getting pasta.
    I'll also put up a salad- need to fill the plate with half veggies
    I found cottage cheese to be higher in protein and this week I'm going to make tuna and bring it to work as a snack- we shall see.

Anyway- back to editing- see you again soon
    Find
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    a8531xw6w25d.jpeg

Page one of ingredients for Baked Shrimp with Orange Dipping Sauce
  • KarlaLM58
    3yqpdoblclqj.jpeg

Page 2 of ingredients, next instructions
  • KarlaLM58
    csl0itl28kyb.jpeg

And the full instructions..

I used smaller shrimp as I find them tastier than the jumbo. I didn’t put the red pepper flakes in the coconut Panko mixture.

These were so very, very good hot right out of the oven and dipped in that marmalade sweet chili sauce. You won’t regret making this!

Karla

We will be making this again Glenn said!
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. It's another busy day. I'm working on the dresses from 10-12, meeting the kids for lunch and then watching them so Greg can attend a visitation for a girl who was in a car wreck over the weekend, home to straighten up the house, and then host my ladies circle tonight. Geez, I'm worn out just thinking about it. Driving to church yesterday was stressful as the roads had some ice on them. I took it very slow and was thankful there was no traffic (first service starts at 8:30) I came home from church and didn't do much, so that's why today will be busy. I also need to shop for a gift for our great-nephew's birthday.

I stepped on Molly's front paw yesterday. I feel horrible! She's walking better this morning, but is still limping a little. I hope she'll be ok.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    good day all, tried to post yesterday but my ipad kept shutting down. Really need to upgrade, it is version 2 and I can no longer upgrade a lot of my apps because the operating system doesn't work with newer versions of my apps. I really miss my laptop so I might forgo a new tablet for a new laptop for now. The bathroom remodel is top priority for our money. I was hoping to get the backer boards and supplies to put it up, plus pick out tile yesterday but Edd was not feeling well so we just stayed home and chilled. The bathroom is all shades of grey and I am trying to decide what color to paint the walls and ceiling. white is not an option, lol.
    Made broccoli cheese balls in my airfryer, so good and only 1 point each. I ate several and called it dinner, lol. It was a very easy and basic recipe, I think it would adapt to lots of different flavor combos. Will share recipe if anyone is interested.

Bert, I know you feel bad about stepping on Molly, but they forgive easily. You wore me out too with your list.

It is snowing so I think I will stay in and start gathering my supplies for my weekend scrapbooking retreat.

today's motivational grin:
    Do not reward yourself with food, you are not a dog.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Weird - had a longish post that’s not here. Operator error, I’m sure. Patti, please share the recipe. Karla, the shrimp recipe looks great - will try it here sometime. Cindy, happy tweaking! Beet, what joy to see your student’s performance and hear how you affected her life. You’ve affected so many young lives! Diane, hope your adventures continue to feed your eyes, mind, and soul.

Said no to dinner yesterday. We had omelette midday and all I needed was a snack, while James made himself a big plate of nachos and at two cans of soup! Enjoyed Saturday’s dinner and concert too. A good friend is coming to town tomorrow for business so I’ll pick her up at the airport and we’ll have dinner. We always have a blast.

My crud is slowly dissipating. I have a routine primary care appointment tomorrow morning so will make a grocery list and run errands afterward.

Wishing all of you a happy, healthy week.
  • cindyr619
    Hi All,
    How the heck does anyone eat all the protein and stuff you're supposed to eat while tracking on MFP?
    I had to actually start with how many carbs I need to eat based on my calories and how the heck did I ever get enough nutrition? I must have eaten WAY to much non value added food to be so chubby.
    Anyway- as I struggle to eat enough protein and carb- of the whole food variety I am constantly amazed at how skewed my thinking is.
    What has the world of so-called experts taught us- no wonder there are so many people overweight and unhealthy- Thank heavens we are working to be our best selves yet.
    Rant over-
    Janet- hope you're 100% soon
    Patti- there are some amazing tablets that are also more like a computer- worth investigating.
    Karla- I'll be trying the shrimp- just for me- rick hates shrimp-
    Oh and Patti- please share the recipe and how would we make it without the air fryer.
    need to run but wanted to say HELLO.
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Baked broccoli cheese balls

Preheat oven or airfryer to 390degrees

2 cups firmly packed chopped cooked broccoli, well drained and cooled, you can add up to another 1/2 cup to make the balls a little larger
    2 eggs beaten
    1 cup panel
    1 cup shredded cheese of choice. This is your chance to be creative and add flavor. Use a combo of cheeses of you like. I used sharp cheddar and Parmesan. Next time I will use smokey Swiss and cheddar or pepper jack and cheddar for Edd.
    2 cloves garlic minced
    2 shallots or green onions thinly sliced
    Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and roll into 24 tightly packed balls, they will be a little larger than a tablespoon
    Place on parchment lined baking sheets
    Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and firm

Note: these are pretty bland so go nuts with seasoning, I added crushed red pepper and more garlic.
    Here are some variations: basil, oregano, Rosemary with mozzarella cheese,
    Chili powder, cumin and cheddar
    Montreal steak seasoning and provolone

You get the idea, share any variations you come up with
    1 point each

You can make and freeze before baking. I plan to have these on hand this summer to keep be away from the chips or other creamy, cheesy apps

Patti
  • cindyr619
    Morning All-
    Patti- what is "panel" in your recipe and can these be baked in the oven?

Well I've logged in for 15 days in a row- that is a streak for me- which means 15 days ago I got super serious about taking back my health.
    I'll admit I didn't exercise over the weekend- wasn't motivated it was really cold outside and just couldn't stand the idea of the family room and exercise bike. Last night Jasper had acupuncture so I have planned for 20 minutes of bike riding tonight- so I can read too.
    Pleasure with work.
    How is everyone doing?
    I'll be back later
    Cindy
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Greetings while I wait for routine blood draw (primary care twice-yearly visit). She’s not even going to check my a1c any more as it has been fine for over three years. Yay!

Patti, did autocorrect “correct” panko to panel? Puzzled for a couple of minutes on that. (When I typed “panko” just now, my autocorrect wanted to make it “lankier.” Sheesh.

Cindy, hooray for you - back in the groove. How’s Hasper progressing?

James had a spur-of-the-moment craving, so we went to a hibachi place last night. I ate a little rice, plus veggies and a lobster tail. Broth soup and small salad to start. Filling, healthy, & fun. Picking up a friend from WI at the airport later and we’ll have dinner before I take her to get hotel. We always laugh a lot.

Have a great day, everyone. Hugs.
  • luzingg
    Good morning, heading out shortly for some quick errands before I go to Mom's. Need to figure out what kind of workouts the girls and I can come up with. Not feeling terribly inspired but have to have a plan.

Cindy, panel is panko. And yes you can bake these in the oven. My airfryer oven is basically a tabletop convection oven.

Janet, have fun with your friend. The endorphins from gf time can heal and uplift like nothing else. Love spontaneous events of any kind. Your meal sounds well chosen.

Time to scoot
    Smile for the day:
    "The trouble with jogging is that by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back". Franklin Jones
  • KarlaLM58
    Hello all. Just finished cleaning my dads house. It was a breeze with the new kitchen and bathroom and Flores in the dining room! We went and picked out floors for the back bedroom that had caved in. I’m going to Lowe’s with my BFF I’m meeting for dinner and get the paint for the living room and hall. I just wish my mother was alive to see how beautiful it is all turning out.

Cindy- I am loving the healthy eating I am doing and recipes on ww. I hope to show a good result tomorrow night. I think I will as it has been a week and a half and I have been very good and blue dots for 14 days!

Janet- You are sounding like a strong woman these days. Good for you. Have fun tonight.

This area still looks really bad and FEMA is out of here for trash pickup as of March 11th and it is nowhere near picked up. Still in ruins around my dad’s neighborhood and all the communities surrounding. Two houses have been bulldozed and removed. My bff around the corner still has a tree on her house and she is living in Georgia. My junior high is not reopening because there are not enough students so many families have left the area. Sad.

Well I better go and get cleaned up for my dinner tonight.

Home tomorrow,

Patti- my dad has an eye injection in the morning but his sight is good. I wish I could say the same about his hearing! Lol.

Karla
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies.

Janet: Congratulations on your A1C! That's great that your doctor isn't concerned and that it has been steady for 3 years. Have fun with your friend.

Patti: Love your quote!

Karla: I'm sure your mother is with you and smiling at the rennovations. I feel my mom's presence everyday. Mike said he heard that some of the schools in Florida still aren't open and they elementaries and high schools are having to share time with buildings that can be utilized. It's very sad. I need to review WW recipes. I have several that I've marked, but I'm tending to eat the same things.

Have a good day, everyone!

Bert
  • cindyr619
    Hi All,
    I rode the e-bike last night, as much as I didn't want to. So 30 mins is logged
    Still tracking all foods-
    Janet- you're my inspiration that A1C can change- thank you. One day or pound at a time
    Bert- glad you're going to check out some new recipes- I think we all get in a rut with food prep
    Karla- You're mom is very proud of you and your commitment to your family
    Patti- I laughed at the jogging comment
    Diane- if you're lurking I'm hoping your reveling in your trip
    Need to run- I'll be back
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Amazing how a change in the weather changed my whole day. Snowed overnight and the roads were dicey this morning so decided to forgo my WW meeting. I did peek at my scale and it shows a nice loss. I really needed to see that so I will stay on track this weekend. Next, girls lunch cancelled today for various reasons which worked out great for me because my grandson stopped by with sweet Leo. He made it all worthwhile.
    Mom thought she was getting her eye injection yesterday. So when I got there with her groceries and lunch she was dressed and waiting. She was so disappointed that it was next week. Her eye is not getting better but I think she is adapting pretty well for now. Still hopeful there will be improvement,,however slight, with our visit next week.
    I got the menu for the weekend. Pasta bar and salad Friday night. Baked potato bar Saturday lunch, baked chicken with mashed potatoes, green beans and salad Saturday night and salad and baked potato bar Sunday. I will take my own salad dressing, creamer and nut thins for munching. Plan to skip the pasta and make a big salad with the grilled chicken and veggies. The biggest challenge is the snack table. 150+ people and all are supposed to bring something to add to the table.

Cindy, you are really doing well. I bet it feels good to make you a priority again.

Bert, I do find that I am more likely to stay on plan if I try new recipes on a regular basis. I still tend to eat a lot of the same meals. Somehow there is comfort in having go-to meals but heck, who needs comfort. Living adventurously is more appealing, to me anyway. I am going to try and make the broccoli cheese balls using Carbquik instead of panko.

Karla, so hard to see your family home and neighbor in such disarray. I think FEMA is just another poorly run government agency, where money and efforts never seem to meet the needs of those who need it most.

Hi to Janet and Diane.

Wise words:
    "Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can". Arthur Ashe

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Hi ladies- I was amprehensive on how I would do my first time weighing in evening from weighing at the morning meeting, so I figured I’d stay the same, plus I am stopped up from traveling, sorry! I had to tak a laxative when I got home. But anywayyyy, I lost 1.6!!!! I just love this meeting and these ladies. I got two stickers tonight. I was so surprised at this loss. I talked with Claire and Kim there tonight. Claire is a big omelette eater too and told me she puts refried beans in hers. lol. This week was on movement. There’s one lay in there that’s up to 71 pounds off. It’s soooo motivating.

Patti- so sorry the weather prevented you from attending your meeting, but just think what a huge loss it will be next week.

Cindy- the leader said small bursts of energy are recommended forms of movement. As opposed to the hours at the gym and spin class, although nothing wrong with those if you are into that, but short periods of walking or other bike riding. Or weights are just as effective. I’m going to start with 25 minutes of walking in the morning starting tomorrow and work up from there.

I shared my coconut shrimp and orange dipping sauce recipe tonight too at the meeting.

I’m tired so I’m going to lay down, but I flying on cloud nine.

Karla
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. I take Molly to the spa today. She loves to go. I have an appointment with one of the veterinarians first as I've noticed her drinking more water than usual. They are going to try to get a urine sample and test it; however, she had senior bloodwork a few months ago and everything is fine. We shall see.

We are ready for the dress sale. Today some ladies are cleaning and steaming a few dresses to help them show better. I hope we have a good turnout for all the work we put into it.

Greg sent me a video of Jillian's school project. They are doing a project based on a book the class is reading. The focus is on running for an office. Jillian wants to be the class president, so her slogan is "Feel like a billion, vote for Jillian!" That was Dan's input. She was so cute in the video.

Patti and Karla: Congrats on your losses.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • cindyr619
    Hi All,
    I weighed in today and drum roll I loss of 0.2 :)
    I'll take it- much better than the other direction. This will def be a marathon for me
    I need to start moving like walking- it is a much better fat burner so I really need good weather.
    Karla- congrats on your loss
    Patti- you have a great plan - keep up the good work
    Bert- Have a great dress sale
    Janet- how are you today?
    Diane- where in the world are you ? I'll be Elise is missing you...

Off again
    Cindy