OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    good morning, slept poorly for some reason but have much to do today. Lunch, hospital visit, pick up fish and flowers for Mom, make her a card and then dinner at the Eagles with Edd. would love to find time to paint the desk Edd bought so will try to squeeze that in before dinner if possible.

Diane. you never cease to amaze me. I think I am busy until I read your posts. how sweet of your sis to host a thank you party. I bet it will be nice just to visit and not work at her house. I love the UP...in summer, lol. If you go by Tahquamenom Falls it is worth a stop. They are west of Sault Ste Marie on Rte 123. There is a state park there too. We camped a lot in Michigan and Wisconsin growing up and I think it is some of the most beautiful country.

Bert, enjoy Penney's game and the nice weather.

Hope all is well with Cindy, Janet and Paula. I think Karla is in Natchez with her group vacation so I bet she is having fun and praying that Kerry is doing better with treatment. My sister called me last night and sounded great so I am encouraged with her progress.

love to all
    Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies! Happy Mother's Day! I'm subbing for first service as our pianist has the flu......I'll be back later. Have a great day!

• bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Yesterday was a nice day. Greg and Carrie hosted a family get together. I brought au gratin potatoes per Greg's request. I ended up making two pans as I had only one prepared when Greg told me there were several more of Carrie's family attending. I'm glad I had the ingredients!

I'm going to the gym today as I haven't been there in quite a while. My grades have been entered! I'll have one student this summer, but it will be a good one. I'll travel to the Evansville area and will also get a hotel. She's taking two courses, so I'll cover both courses when I travel.

Have a great day everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Hmmmm thought I posted yesterday, guess not. Had a lovely day with Mom. Baked cod, fresh sweet corn and authentic Danish Kringle for dessert. My sis is doing so much better. I think they will let her go soon, she sounds great on the phone and they have not had to put her on BiPap at night so she may not qualify for a C Pap at home. There may be some outpatient testing that needs to be done for that.
    Lots to do this week. I am going to make a padded liner for Leo's new Keenz wagon. The kids are going to FL for Memorial Day weekend and would like it before then. I want to make some mini meat loafs for Mom and Edd, hopefully today. Need to start gathering restocking supplies for the cabin.

Bert, I miss the gym but am planning on returning next week for some new classes that are starting. Hope it doesn't cripple me, lol. Love the pics of flowers and card. Only one student for the summer shouldn't be too bad.

Hope our missing ladies return. Really miss our usual chatter here.

Patti
  • Paulabobadilla
    Paulabobadilla Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Busy weekend. Still working on house and finally decided on what flooring I want downstairs. We are doing carpet in bedrooms and staircase.

My daughter was pretty sick for a couple of days so I had the baby quite a bit. He is teething so been a bit fussy but overall he's a happy baby.

Waving hi to all!
    Paula
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hello, all. I'm back from a relatively quick trip to SC to attend James's son's graduation from law school - definitely a momentous occasion. He's a smart, kind young guy with a wicked sense of humor. It was a good time - some nice meals (and I didn't overindulge, except for some one-the-road snacks). We went to a big college bar the night before graduation and what a delightful zoo it was. I pretty much sat and watched the scene, though we did play a little pool. Hadn't had a cue in my hands for at least ten years but it was fun. So there's lots of laundry to do today.

Mother's Day was great for you, Bert - because you earned it. I thought of each of you on Sunday - you are each a terrific mom! I got a card yesterday from my elder niece (Anne, the one in Michigan), thanking me for being there in ways her mom couldn't. My sister-in-law can be prickly - especially with Anne - and because I had a similar experience growing up, have tried to be a safe ear for both her and Julie). I cried when I read the card. Anne will be getting engaged soon, I think (ring has been ordered) but no wedding date or plans have been communicated, Hoping it won't be a big blowout this time - is that wrong?

My eating is becoming more conscious again - far from perfect, but slowly improving. Am wrestling with a few minor medical things - my rheumatoid arthritis has been flaring a bit and we're going to switch one of my meds to a weekly shot instead of pills and maybe monkey with the doses again. Doc is reluctant to put me on infusions because my history of thyroid cancer is a confounding factor (my annual visit to the oncologist is Thursday).

OK, lots to do here so I'll go for now. Big hugs for everyone!
  • luzingg
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! My favorite day of the week. Got meatloaf made after I got home from work last night and a pot of chicken enchilada soup. That will give mom a few meals for her freezer. We will have some of the soup for lunch today. It is nearly zero points.

Paula, sorry to hear Kati has been sick, how lucky she is to have you to help care for the baby. Can't wait to see some pics of your remodel.

Janet, your trip sounds like a whirlwind of fun. So glad you and James could celebrate his son's graduation. I love the thought of you playing pool. I have tried but am awful at it. Does his son already have some job offers? I hope the injections will be short term and that adjustments to your other meds will get your RA under better control. Welcome home and prayers for good news from your oncologist.

Hi to Diane, Cindy, Bert and Karla.
    Patti
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Just checking in for social reasons, since I am NOT doing well on my eating. My scale shows me up A LOT in the last few weeks. Guess I'm just not mentally ready for this right now.

We had a pretty nice Mother's Day. Rossanne's mom and granny came - they live in NC but were in town for the weekend. Also her dad, and my sister, and of course Brad and Rossanne and Elise and Carrie. I did the cooking, but the meal seemed to be a big hit. R's mom and granny talk non-stop, but I was able to separate off with my sister for a bit. Brad wasn't feeling well, and was happy to be able to get outside with the men while they were grilling the meat. Elise was so happy and had warmed up to R's mom and granny over the previous two days, so I think they were more relaxed about it. (They haven't seen her since her birthday back in September!)

We had Elise for the day yesterday for my regular grandma day, and to take her to her PT. She was happy all day. Now we will have her again tomorrow because she was sick today :(. I will need to do a little juggling - Carrie and I are both supposed to get our hair cut (same stylist, 25 minutes away.) So I will drive her car over, she will put Elise in and come for her appointment in my car, and we will trade there. John is already tied up all day tomorrow. My appointment is just a cut, but Carrie's is a color so will take more time. We had plans to do some other stuff tomorrow afternoon, but that will have to wait.

Janet, sounds like a fun trip! Carrie wants to be the aunt you seem to be - a safe haven for your niece. Sounds like she recognizes and appreciates that about you! Hope the medical stuff is resolved effectively and quickly.

Paula, isn't it wonderful to be able to spend one-on-one time with the baby? Hard work too, of course.

Patti, so glad your sister is improving! Has she been released? Enjoy your sewing. I do enjoy being able to make useful things.

Bert your flowers looked lovely, and the cards too.

Waving to Cindy and Karla.

Diane

• Paulabobadilla
    Options
    bapge2lt0z4o.jpg

Before bathroom pic #1
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    #2m1piwmcnu7s8.jpg
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    vay0hgudxdcl.jpg

After we gutted it #1
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    4mgn4z9306bx.jpg

Have tub tore out now but haven't gotten a pic yet
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    om2bsf37x9ap.jpg

One end of kitchen before
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    dvnt1d80lueb.jpg

Other end of kitchen before
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Good evening,

So there are some before and during pics. Like I said there is a ton of work!!! Bathroom is completely gutted, kitchen is almost gutted and new floor and joists laid. My husband has to run the plumbing then we'll get electric and water on in the house and start putting kitchen and bathroom together. The rest of the house is mainly flooring and paint, well we need new windows but I'll definitely take pictures of the after product especially once we are moved in and have it decorated.
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm hopefully going to working in my flower beds again today if the weather will cooperate. I planted flowers in my front beds yesterday and wanted to plant the others; however, my knees and hands said no! :smile:

Janet: I'm glad you got to attend James' son's graduation. It's a special time. I had a bone density test yesterday and they asked if I had been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I happily said now......I hope they get your medication figured out so you can get relief.

Paula: Wow, the kitchen and bathroom are definitely gutted! Good luck with the rennovations. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Patti: It's so special that you can spend time with your mom.

Diane: Your juggling act sounds like what I'm doing today. I'm picking up Jillian and Cole from school today. Then I'll take Jillian directly to the hairdresser to get her hair styled for her dance pictures. Carrie is meeting me at the salon, and then our church community meal is tonight.

Waving hi to Karla and Cindy. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all. Snack monster got me yesterday. Grrrrr.

Paula, that's a lot of work! Wonder what possessed the old owners to randomly paint two cabinet doors yellow. Demolition is a lot of work! Bet it will be lovely when you are through and can relax in your new home. How is your mom?

Bert, hope you don't get RA. I'm due for all the fun stuff - bone density, mammogram, and colonoscopy this year.

Patti, hope your sister continues to improve as rapidly as she has so far. What a scare for everyone - guessing your mom doesn't know. It's hard not to divulge but you know what is best for your mom.

Karla, saw that you're home now. How was your trip, and how is Kerry doing? Is he good about doing his breathing treatments?

Cindy, how is sweet Jasper doing?

Not much new here - did laundry yesterday and have plenty on my plate for today - all little stuff, but you know how that stuff is. Have a great day, everyone.

• bertevans
    Options
    Janet, I just had the bone density as well as the mammogram. I won’t need a colonoscopy until I’m 72, but I’ve heard you don’t need one if you’re past 70. When it gets to that point, I’ll inquire. I just got another flower garden weeded, planted, and Preened. Now I’m resting my back!
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hello All- Yes I'm still here- I'm cancer free- biopsy came back clear. Thank you God!
    Still have many balls in the air but moving them as best I can. Pushing hard for author stuff- Was rejected by Carina- which I'm fine with as I discussed my books with a few other publishers and they tell me I write women's fiction with romance as I have big themes- lots of real life stuff. Hence the rejection. Working towards publishing myself so covers etc.

I'd like to humble ask- if you have read any of my books and liked them can you post reviews. Well any review is good- I'm looking for numbers. Also I published the 7 books as a series and have zero reviews there- so.... could you post the you've read them all and think... whatever you think. Its a numbers game with Amazon- I'm paying for an ad but since my reviews are low it doesn't get as much exposure but no pressure. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

I need to refocus on eating and exercise- the rain is relentless here but tomorrow will be nice.

Patti- I'll be in Cincinnati June 7-8 and the book event on Friday and Saturday afternoons are free to the public. I'm a signing author on Friday but a wandering author on Saturday. Hope you can swing thru for a hug or two.

No time for personals need to get to work but I promise to be more consistent with posting
    Waving to ALL.
    Cindy