Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Hello ladies! It is a beautiful day here, sunny and in the 70's. I talked Andrea into meeting me with the girls and we walked over to the city
    park (I live in a small town so pretty much everything is no more than "a few blocks away"). Got my 10 minutes of sunshine for Vitamin D
    and only my lower calves (soleus) cramped up when walking...that is progress!

Janet - you are a strong woman who has learned a lot through the troubles. I know the low iodine isn't easy but I also believe you can do it!
    I always tell myself I can do anything if I can see the light at the end of the tunnel; thankfully you have a set amount of time to do this
    diet and not "until further notice"

Karla - thanks for the beautiful pic of the flowers :smile: Good thinking to get as much as possible out of the way before your trip so you
    don't have to think about it while away. I hope your time with family will go wonderfully well!

Cindy - sorry to hear about the uncomfortable time you will have to spend around the ex; though Will (my daughter's now ex-husband)
    is not unkind to your face he does do everything he can to make life harder for Andrea. The divorce is only just finalized and she already
    had to file papers because he is going against their agreement. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and can avoid her most, if not all, of
    time you have to be in the same area she is.

MaryLynn - you are so poetic! I love reading your posts and encouragements...thank you

Myra - waving right back at ya! Hope the trip went well and that you are feeling at peace where you are.

Well, I am going to try to fold the mountain that has developed in my bedroom so hubby doesn't have to dig for socks and underwear
    every morning.

Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette
  • KarlaLM58
    Above is a wet pot of my Amaryllis' out by my pool. We have had drenching rains today.

Good news on the Chris front. He and Brittany just stopped by. They are renting a house from a friend of his from HS's grandparents. They live right next door, it's cheap and needs a lot of cleaning, but it's a start for them. They have been scrubbing it for days they said. They came and took showers and I gave them a car full of sheets, towels, more of their own stuff and pots and pans. They are coming back Sunday for the bed, mattresses and frame, plus the old tv and stand. This was a wake up call for them and now they are searching for jobs more seriously and he is looking into college. YEAAAAA.

Suzi- so great to see you post!! loved all the pics on Facebook!!

Janet- How long will you be on the low iodine diet plan? Sounds like a good way to get back into some good eating.

Myra-Good to see you drop by, obviously we forgot you were off on vacation! Be careful coming back dear.

Tired here and had to get the ointment going when I returned. Busy weekend planned with movies tonight with JJ , ship christening in the morning with Izzy and Glenn and the Dark Side of the Moon Symphony orchestra tomorrow evening, with dinner beforehand. FUN.

Glenn is on his way home now. He better be kissing my bootie tonight as he was mean to me last night. I don't take any crappola from him and he knows it.

Karla
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies! I have been gone for awhile. I visited grandchildren in Chicago the first of the week. I had a great time, as always. Then yesterday, I drove again to visit a student teacher. Much time was spent in the car this week. This morning is a lovely sunny morning; chilly, but sunny. I'll take it. Have a great day everyone.

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Bert, so good to see you -- I know every moment with the grandkids is a moment of joy. Car time can be restorative too.

Had a pretty good day yesterday -- will cook chicken today so I'll have protein. I am used to just adding some mustard or a dash of hot sauce to things at will, but they contain salt and there's no way to know whether it's iodized. But Karla is right -- I am refinding my fruit/veggie mojo because I have to, which is good news. So, as with many blessings, it's a decidedly mixed one but I'm doing my best to think positively.

Started watching "Mozart in the Jungle" on Amazon -- a comedy/drama about the classical music scene in NY. Enjoying it thoroughly -- watched the whole first season yesterday and after morning errands will probably watch most of season 2 today. Working on sorting and organizing papers for my taxes, though I'm still waiting for a couple of things in the mail. May need to file an extension but hope not.

Yep, it's exciting here in Kentucky. Time to head out so I can be productive later today (and naps are a type of producticity, right?). Have a scintillating Saturday, everyone.
  • KarlaLM58
    Morning ladies. Beautiful sunny here too.

Janet- I loved Mozart in the Jungle. Glad to know there is a season 2. I'm watching season 2 of Bosch now.

Heading to the christening if the Henry Morgan with Glenn and Izzy. Didn't make it to the movies last night. Too stormy. Going to try today or tomorrow.

Bert- great to see you.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Quick check in before I get gussied up- just wanted to say Hello to all.
    Karla- loved the picture and don't take any prisoners either - good for Chris
    Janet naps are good
    Jeanette- so people just don't get the golden rule
    Bert- good to see you
    Need to run- enjoy the day
  • KarlaLM58
    Glenn and Izzy coloring. It was all about PaPa last night,!!!

Karla
  • Java_Mom115
    Java_Mom115 Posts: 43 Member
    Hello!!! Guess what?!? I survived my long, stressful week (months!!!), and the accreditation process, which was a resounding success! Our site visitors were very impressed with our progam, and called our staff "engaged, trained, and talented" Go Blue!

Now that the big work stress is dwindling, I should be able to participate more :)

I'll go back and read through what I've missed!

Beth
  • Java_Mom115
    Java_Mom115 Posts: 43 Member
    As usual, I've missed a lot! I have loved all the pictures that you all have shared! I can't seem to upload pics from my phone but the best part about my Easter was my grandma coming down from 5hrs away, so I was able to spend time with her. We're very close and I've missed her. I last saw her when we vacationed with her last August, a month after my grandpa died.

MaryLynn, you are very sweet! I have been doing my best to find some balance, but I'm hoping now that the work stress will die down I'll be able to focus on me a little more :)

Karla, so sorry to hear about your ongoing eye troubles.

Janet, as usual, I'm late to say so but I'm sorry you've been struggling lately. I hope you find strength in knowing you have friendships and people who very much care!

I know I didn't include all of the personals but I am about to start some massive spring cleaning. I'm hoping to go through my husband's t-shirts before he wakes up (he works midnights) ;) he won't even miss any of them if they're gone.....hahaha. Have a great day and happy April!
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Good morning ladies,
    So good to hear that things are going well for so many of you! We've been focusing on gardening around here (mostly pulling weeds!) and have some tomato plants put in their deer protected beds now. Planted a few daffodils and scattered wild flower seeds in their beds. The fruit trees and shrubs are progressing nicely and the sun continues to bring out new leaves. With all the gardening, the legs, arms and feet were tired from the intense stretching and thus no hikes for the last two days. Hopefully today will provide that chance once again! Glad to see Bert back safe and sound and to read that Beth and her team accomplished their hard-earned goals! Happy that Janet is finding her inner produce queen and the silver lining to that low-iodine regime, too. Enjoy your christening experience, Karla and family. Glad that you are able to adjust your work programs to accommodate more "down time" for your precious vision. Hope that Jeanette gets the right practicum fit and that the best solution for your parents and yourselves housing soon becomes unanimous. It was wonderful to hear from Suzie and you seem pretty busy with projects ahead. Exciting times for so many, including you Patti, with your travels and times together with friends and family. Get home safe please, because we miss you! Keep that smiling face and attitude Cindy and enjoy the get together. Have a fantastic weekend all!
    Hugs
    MaryLynn
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Love the photos Karla... keep em coming! Myra, hope your trip was enjoyable and uneventful.
    MaryLynn
  • JP_in_KY
    Beth, great to see you. The feeling when all your hard work pays off is wonderful -- but then the TIRED hits. Were you able to spirit the shirts out before he woke up?

Karla, hoping to see pics of the christening -- Izzy will never forget that, especially knowing PaPa had a big part in making that happen.

Cindy, thinking of you, triumphing over the heinous ex.

MaryLynn, the light up there makes for a wonderful growing season. Enjoy each phse of the growing. My tiny dogwood tree is blossoming -- it's very young but the third tree tried in that spot, and it's taking.

Ran a few errands here, now home and about to plow into something with Mozart. Too windy do be out for long, but pretty to watch from inside.

• judyannsews
    judyannsews Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hello everyone. I am sitting here on this snowy day and decided to read through all the old posts since February. It was so sweet of you all to be concerned about me. I was carrying two big boxes in the basement and tripped over something. I launched across the room and crashed into the corner of the freezer with my shoulder. I broke the ball off my humerus and shattered the bones and ruined my rotator cuff. They did a complete reverse shoulder replacement. I fell four weeks ago yesterday. I am doing ok..still have pain and can't do much but it is getting better.
    I have gained back what I lost again and my fat clothes are all tight..and BP is going up. I am desperately in need of losing weight!

Judy
  • JP_in_KY
    Judy, sorry the pain is continuing - what an awful injury but glad they could reconstruct. How is your range of motion? Has PT begun? You've had a lot going on lately - been seeing it on FB. Please don't beat yourself up - small steps for a restart. We're here for support!
  • bertevans
    Question: when you enter an exercise and MFP wants you to download the underarmour app, has anyone done that?
  • bertevans
    The weather has turned windy and very cold!
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Judy, so sorry to hear about your injury. That was quite a tumble!

Janet, good for you for finding your inner veggie mojo. I'm trying to focus of fruits and veggies to keep my mind off sugar!

Bert, you must be doing well post-surgery. It seems like every time I pick up my phone I have a message to congratulate you for activity. Yay you!

Karla, are you still house walking? I've been doing well on my steps with all the chores we've been doing.

Mary Lynn, I just love reading your posts.

Beth, congratulations. I'm so behind, I'm not sure what you've earned accreditation for, but go you!

Right now I may just throw up. My Sooners are getting ABSOLUTELY CREAMED in the Final Four. They don't even look like the same team that's been playing all season. Maybe I'll have another glass of wine instead......
  • judyannsews
    judyannsews Posts: 23 Member
    Susie, sorry about your Sooners.
    I went for my PT evaluation and now waiting for insurance approval. I have no range of motion right now. The first six weeks of PT will just be passive..they will do all the moving for me.