Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    MY OMG FOR THIS WEEK: NO EATING AFTER 8 PM AND NO PURCHASING ON-THE-GO SNACKS EXCEPT A PIECE OF FRUIT.

Patti, sending shopping karma your way!

Bert, love the photos. What a lovely family, and you look terrific too. Penny's first flowers -- what a special time, albeit brief.

Cindy, I will do the two-minute drill at least twice a day -- even living alone, it's not easy. Re WW: some of their changes mystify me -- how did the Light & Fit yogurt go up by 50%? And freeze-dried UNSWEETENED fruit has absurd numbers of points. There doesn't seem to be any factor-in for fiber anymore either. But I am tracking both here and there for now but will probably let my membership lapse after three months as qell.

Karla, hoping Glenn and Jason are both doing well and that your eye continues to cooperate.

MaryLynn, you are a ray of light! Wishing you a terrific week of YOU time.

My Warriors play tonight -- will run a few errands shortly. My cat sitter/friend can brng me home from my right cataract surgery -- turns out she's going to get hers out soon as well. Have found a local attorney through my subdivision's FB page, and he can update my will and all powers of attorney and healthcare directive. Haven't done this since I moved to KY -- my ex-boyfriend of 18 years is still in the will and my nieces have both changed their last names since it was done. Been meaning to get around to it -- something nobody wants to do but ...

Fighting hunger today more strongly than usual but trying to stay on plan.

Wishing you all a happy week.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Hello ladies! Hope all is going well for you today.

Brian should get his van tomorrow, we are hoping hoping hoping that it does happen. This has been an experiment in patience for him! They are so very unorganized. He went in this morning at the time they asked him to and he ended up sitting around waiting for 2 HOURS!!! Thankfully he is meeting a few of his clients today so that will be nice for him.

I have an interview/meeting with the WIC coordinator tomorrow. I am assuming all will go well and that I will be able to move forward from here. My classes officially started today but I am going to wait to check in until after the meeting tomorrow; I'd hate to have to pay for a week of classes if it doesn't work out for some reason.

I have been thinking of you and praying for you; just have been actually busy lately with this and that. Hoping Glenn is doing well, and that Patti finds a wonderful dress that you feel comfortable and confident in and that Janet's reunion goes very well and glad to hear Cindy and MaryLynn are doing well and loving the pics Bert posted.

Have a wonderful day
    Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Janet, I am relieved that your cat sitter/ friend is able to help you out for your surgery. Enjoy your basketball.

Jeanette, home tomorrow is more productive for Brian. Yeah on getting his company van too. So glad you are getting your practicum going this summer. I hope you will be doing something interesting and of value to you.

Trying very hard not to let depression set in. Dress shopping was a horrendous bust! So disgusted with. Us elf for gaining the weight. Those dressing room mirrors are brutally honest. They do nothing to make you feel good about yourself. I may just try to find a nice long, dressy top that I can wear over leggings and call it a day. If not, I have a dress I wore to a wedding 2 years ago. I will probable be in my seat at the table most of the reception anyway. I did see some really cute summer tops, but did not allow myself to try them on. I didn't want to be swayed from the task at hand. Wish now that I had so I could at least have something pretty and new to raise my spirits. I keep telling myself that I am so far removed from the happenings at the reception that it doesn't matter. But it does matter and I just keep seeing the vision of me in the dresses I tried on. I know how I got here but I know what I need to do to reverse my engines and get my momentum going in the negative direction. I have to keep reminding myself that it is never too late to start over, stop looking back and stop beating myself up for everything I have done to put myself at this weight!
    End of my self indulgent wallowing. Thanks for being here to listen, even when I am not at my cheeriest.
    On a positive note, I achieved more than 10K steps while shopping.
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Patti, sorry nothing perfect jumped off the rack. Please don't beat yourself up - you and all of us know how counterproductive that can be. Dress for you NOW, whether it's a dress or a top and pants/leggings and work toward future you. You'll look adorable no matter what you wear because your smile and spirit will be there.

Jeanette, keeping everything crossed for your practicum interview and for Brian to get the van. Sitting around had to be annoying but at least I presume he got paid for it. Once he starts meeting customers, the job will feel much more HIS, I'm sure.

Feeling very lazy right now ... will eat something easy but decent. Trying something new -- as usual, late breakfast, grazing in the afternoon to feel fullish at dinnertime. We shall see ...
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi Girls-
    As promised I am checking in again today. Had a great day food wise- so day one of a healthier me is under way.
    Patti- I hear you and completely understand where you are coming from. Together we will move forward to a slimmer more healthy version of us.
    Jeannette- I pray the WIC interview works out just as you hope.
    Janet- you had me chuckle as I looked up the end of my 3 month subscription to WW and put it on my calendar to cancel. At least until then I can see if anything changes. I was thinking about it and seems like it has gone more towards Atkins than well balanced multitude of healthy eating. Since proteins have dropped in points and fiber rich foods have gone up. Except for foods that are not clean at all. And I agree yogurt is SO high now.
    I'm taking control.
    OK- Need to fix my lunch today and record dinner.
    Until tomorrow
    Cindy
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Hi ladies,
    It's been a busy day out clearing and hauling forest debris and the arms and legs feel it now. Keep thinking I'd like to do some watercolor painting one or two days this week, but lacking the inspiration for subject matter. Of course, the natural world always beckons and perhaps something with trees and soft lighting; I've sure got enough beauty around here to use as source material.

Patti, well done on getting in 10K steps during your shopping today! Although my heart aches for you in your unproductive search for a special dress, you WILL be beautiful no matter what the outside wrapping looks like! Finding something suitable for a wedding is particularly challenging as so much just looks frumpy. For our son's wedding in Vegas several years ago, I ended up buying a prom dress that now hangs covered in the closet. Where can you wear something that lavish later on, I wonder?Have you thought about maybe renting one? I've done this more than once, although that is years ago and it worked out great for Christmas events, etc. I personally hate trying things on so I'm often stuck with what's in the closet already. Don't even me get started on shorts or swimwear! Your idea of a nice flowing top paired with leggings sounds pretty good to me too. Agree with Cindy, that we are all working towards a leaner and healthier body all in good time.

Cindy, congratulations on a wonderfully healthy and productive day! Just keep on moving forward towards those personal goals as you continue to create some awesome healthy habits. Speaking of habits, I love your idea of the 2 minute motionless moment and tried it earlier which sitting outside catching my breath. My breathing quickly slowed and I felt great and ready to rock and roll again out in the yard. Enjoy your evening with whatever plans are in store for you and Rick. Well done on taking control. I can always learn so much from your lead.

Janet, good luck for those Warriors tonight! I'm going to head down and watch some Blue Jays baseball shortly, although when I checked online they are currently losing badly! Were you able to find something to feed that hunger and keep it simple at the same time? I always reach for banana and peanut butter, it seems. Dinner for me will be a yam and some pork tenderloin, along with some red peppers; will be later than usual, as I've eaten lunch late too.
    Pleased that your cat sitter friend can give you the ride to the procedure; that saves one big headache. Kudos on getting started on revising your will and thanks for the reminder that we need to attend to that a well. Have a restful evening.

Bert, welcome home! Those images of family are so fantastic! What a joy to spend time and see those little ones activities firsthand! Wonderful that you were able to squeeze in so much in such a brief visit. The musical planned sounds like so much fun... though it's hard work to get everything organized and sort out scheduling and roles, etc. Myron was involved in some productions while he taught high school many years ago and still remembers each event with fondness.

Jeanette, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you await the news from your interview tomorrow on the practicum and also for Brian's work experience. Hoping that some of the disorganization settles down for him soon, as it must be just so frustrating at the moment for both of you! How are things going for your daughter these days? Will you still be watching the little ones this week as well, or does that kind of depend on the van becoming available through Brian's employer? Have a restful evening after that busy day you've already put in!

To everyone else, I'm thinking about each of you and hoping that you rest well tonight and catch you tomorrow!

Going to watch some sports and news and just veg out now. Didn't get such a great sleep last night (tough to do without Myron there to cuddle into) and likely it will be much better after lots of exercise outside today.

Hugs,
    MaryLynn
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Hello all. So sorry not checking in much. Life is full with postoperative husband and son's family life I am helping with. Of course there is work also I am struggling to keep up. The old adage " Calvin, take me away!!"

Tonight is my grandson's JJ's band concert at his school we will all attend, which will be uplifting for us all, but a long drive in which Glenn may not be able to endure. I took him to see his kids and grandkids Saturday and he has been sore since.

Patti- time is really passing since we were at our lowest weights my friend. I am at 194 right now and am at a stall. I am not taking the time to exercise, and I need to be. Both for mentally and physically, it is refreshing. My appetite has been low and I am thankful for that. It is a mind thing on controlling what goes in our mouth, that's for sure. You just have so many social functions it makes it so challenging for you dear. You keep trying.
    Cont,
  • KarlaLM58
    Cindy- You are so right about the two minutes. A therapist asked the same thing of a friend of mine, except it was five minutes, she said the same thing. It was the longest five minutes to sit there for herself, but she has made it a permanent part of her life. We must focus and care for ourselves too.

Janet- I am glad that your friend, that also helps with your cats, is picking you up after your first cataract. It is a medical must. I hope to have my shingle eye repaired like that in September.

Bert- what lovely pictures of a fine family. Izzy's recital is coming up too. We can't wait.

Mary Lynn- Appears you are enjoying your time and spending it well.

Jeanette- New jobs are always irratic in the beginning until we establish our routine. I'm sure Brian will get his Mojo. That video of your granddaughters on Facebook was just too adorable.

I better get cracking. Off to the podiatry office after a week off and he is panicking.

Karla
  • cindyr619
    HI Ladies-
    I did the two minutes again this morning once I sat at my desk- today I just kept telling my self to eat three meals, no candy and drink lots of water. Karla I laughed when you wrote 5 minutes. My therapist, yes I go to one, told me I need to work up to 10 minutes- we had a good chuckle. At least I am working on me now too- and not letting the other stuff that was pulling me underwater have that same old effect on me. Also Mary reminded me about others and their lives, I didn't create their situation, I can't control it and I can cure it. So anther things I'm working on. Letting others run their lives. I'll be supportive and help when I can but ultimately I am responsible for me and me alone. Hard lessons to get through my thick skull.
    I need to run but needed to check in here and record my food- I was slipping on that too. But again I can control what I put in my mouth, or not.
    Hugs all around
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. We had over 70 tryouts last night! I typed for over 2 hours for data base information! We also got to see the dance tryouts.....made me want to get in there and dance! Tonight is the 2nd night for tryouts. I'll be anxious to see how many turn out.

Patti: I have a couple of outfits that I'd be glad to send you if you're interested. One is light blue with a sequinned jacket and then I also have blace pilazzo (sp?) pants and black sequined sleeveless top with black sequinned jacket.

Have a great day everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    Quick stop, running a bit behind this morning. The blues make me want to just stay in bed, but that is not an option.

Bert, how sweet of you to offer, but I will work something out. The try outs sound like fun but a lot of work. Do you get some with no talent, like American Idol?

Karla, nice to see you, was beginning to worry and was about to send in the dogs to track you down. Is Glenn healing according to plan? I am sure he is anxious, as I am sure you are, for this to all be a memory. I do hope you are finding time just for you.

Cindy, I am so happy you are working on you. It takes a lot of incite to realize that you can only support the ones you love and that you are not responsible for their situations or their happiness. It is easier said than done, but in the long run so much healthier for everyone involved, especially you.

I am trying to put the dress shopping behind me. Plan to head out tomorrow to find a pretty top to wear with leggings. I will feel more comfortable that way. My smile is my best accessory and I plan to make sure that is what everyone notices, not my clothes. The room will be filled with family and love ones, I don't need to impress anyone, just need to be comfortable.
    Off to get cleaned up and go hang with Mom.
    Thank you all for being my biggest cheerleaders and always being here for me.

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning my friends. Sometimes this board feels like true confessions. Lol. Do any of you remember that magazine? I confess I read it as a teenager. Lol.

Patti - A nice colorful, flowing top over leggings with some cute sandals and your big happy smile is all you need. You are there for support and not as a beauty contestant or model dear. You are healthy and strong, and present. That is what is important.

Janet - I was wondering if all of your revisions were complete, but I see you have mentioned one more. How was your evening? We're you able to obtain some effective rest?

Last evening was the last episode with Tony DiNozzo, Michael Weatherly's character, on NCIS. One of my very favorite shows. Very fine acting and a precious episode. He is appearing in a spin-off series that is based on a Dr Phil type position of profiling criminals for the government. I'm not sure when it starts.

We really enjoyed JJ's band performance last night and he even received an award for his work throughput the school year on his percussion instruments. He did excellent on his playing last night. So proud!!

I am working from home today. I wish everyone a blessed and pleasant day. Do take that two minutes.

Karla
  • cindyr619
    Hello All-
    Did my two minutes of absolute quiet time today and just told myself to take care of me-
    I had the best food day in well I don't know how long- discovered I didn't die from hunger. :)
    I too watched NCIS and loved how they wrapped up Tony- is the spin off about him still being Tony with his daughter and SR? That would be cool. Love his character.
    Patti- I'm glad you have found what works for you- Lovely top and leggings are perfect. I wish I could get away with that but I am heavy all over including my legs- I'm well balanced so to speak.
    Karla- you need 2 minutes with no typing, phones, TV, music, just to close your eyes and breath- LOL talking to us doesn't count.
    Janet - How are you doing on your plan?
    Bert- you're busy as usual have fun.
    Jeannette- How was the interview and how is Brian doing this week?
    MaryLynn- sprawl in the bed and enjoy the space- revel in it- then when dear Myron is home you can snuggle again.
    Need to run but I'll see you all soon
    Cindy
  • cindyr619
    Hello All-
    Did my two minutes of absolute quiet time today and just told myself to take care of me-
    I had the best food day in well I don't know how long- discovered I didn't die from hunger. :)
    I too watched NCIS and loved how they wrapped up Tony- is the spin off about him still being Tony with his daughter and SR? That would be cool. Love his character.
    Patti- I'm glad you have found what works for you- Lovely top and leggings are perfect. I wish I could get away with that but I am heavy all over including my legs- I'm well balanced so to speak.
    Karla- you need 2 minutes with no typing, phones, TV, music, just to close your eyes and breath- LOL talking to us doesn't count.
    MaryLynn- sprawl in the bed and enjoy the space- revel in it- then when dear Myron is home you can snuggle again.
    Cindy
  • cindyr619
    Hello All-
    Cindy
  • cindyr619
    Hello All-
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies.....a bright sunny morning is outlived. It's turned cloudy within the hour, so I will probably go to the gym today. I haven't been there for a while, but have definitely been getting steps/exercise in.

Patti: Yes, we do have people who don't sing or dance well. I didn't hear any of the singing this year, but I did see some of the dancing. I told the choreographer that I might show up for dancing practice (just for the exercise).

Have a great day!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    Good morning. Had a decent eating day, despite constant hunger. Relearning the word "no" and the phrase "not now." How do I convince myself that yes, it's not fair that I don't get to eat like everybody else, and yes, I will never be able to eat like everybody else, so just accept it and stop fighting. Just eat less! That's how simple it ... isn't. Am doing better than I was but still a struggle!

Cindy, so glad you are refocusing on YOU and success is on the horizon.

Bert, "Hairspray" is a fun show and will be great for the kids in the congregation. As a kid, I would've tried out for Tracy, had the show been around, except that I can't dance to save my life! It's fun that you have such a grat turnout for auditions.

Patti, you'll be fine. My only worry is that you're beating yourself up again and we all know that's not very productive.

Karla, how fun to see JJ play and receive his award! Hope work won't be overly taxung today. How is Glenn feeling?

Jeanette, how did the meeting at WIC go?

MaryLynn, please take some time for you. Be the artist you are for a bit, and eat fish while Myron's away. You have such bounty right offshore -- when I'm on the west coast I try to have fresh fish or seafood at least twice a day. We have a good local fishmonger but they are expensive.

Going to have yogurt and banana for breakfast now and try to pace myself on eating throughout the day. Warriors game tonight and in between I hope to get laundry and some other household tasks done.

Weird May here (I know Patti will agree). A warm, dry winter, then it hit 90 mid-April and now it's cold and has rained nearly every day this month. The green eerywhere is lush, but had to get a fairly wrm jacket out to run errands yesterday. No complaints, as I prefer cool weather to heat, but it's just odd to be using the fireplace daily in the latter half of May!

Wishing everyone a happy and productive day.

• xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Good morning, ladies!
    The sun is still visible through the forming clouds as the day begins for me here on the west coast. With rain in the forecast, hope to get outside and tidy things up a bit from my logging activities yesterday. The arms are still feeling the effects of sawing and chopping through some huge logs that blocked a new forest pathway I'm creating. I'd like to use some of the gorgeous red cedar chunks on the pathways, but it will need some pulverizing with a sledge hammer before raking it out!

Good news is that Myron finished his project with his brother in record time and is enroute home today, expected later this afternoon! Looking forward to having him home safe and sound once again! Slept soundly for 7 hours, so I guess I'd better get active this morning now that breakfast has fueled my little furnace.

More good news is that the body is slowly continuing to release more fat - down .2 lbs this morning, so sitting at 152 now. With an average loss of just 2 lbs. per month I'm not breaking any records here, but I do feel healthy and strong. My stated goal is 130, which I was at in July 2014 and would love to return to, God willing. So the slow steady pace, which is a sustainable one without strict deprivations, work for me well enough. While I'd love to speed it up at times, I'm pleased that at my age I am able to be this active, not be gaining weight and discovering that I can now wear a few more favorite outfits.

Glad to be here with you all and hoping you have a wonderful Wednesday that includes some special quiet moments just reflecting and discovering all the things in life you're grateful for.

Hugs,
    MaryLynn
  • luzingg
    Long post gone with the wind or possibly an errant finger on the keyboard. Oh well, will do personals later.
    My GF had her head shaved yesterday. This just got real. We are meeting at Longhorn for lunch today. Bruce Jenner take note, this is what true bravery looks like. Lots of stops today: post office, Bob Evans for Edds favorite salad drrssing, Fresh Thyme for produce, Walmart and shopping for that wedding top.
    I wish you all joy for this day and all the days that follow.
    Patti