Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. Water was delivered for our pool last night, so I'm going to try to get it ready for the weekend. I hope it won't be too cold for the little ones. I trimmed a bush outside our kitchen window yesterday....wow am I sore this morning! My wrist and shoulder are very tender. I have one more to go today. I count the activity as gardening, as that is all MFP has for that type of activity.

Have a great day everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Hello ladies,

It is overcast but only a bit of rain expected. Did not get good news at the dentist yesterday. Upper molar has to be pulled and I will need to go to oral surgeon for this. The last one they did under local took nearly an hour to extract. Roots are extremely long and curved. The tooth next to it has a cavity and am praying no root canal will be needed to fix it. Consult is 6/24, pray that the cavity does not progress too much.
    Mom's eyes are clear today and she can see much better. She has trouble with her eyes watering and then getting filmy so she can't see. We have thought it was allergies and she has been taking Clariten daily for a week now. If things don't improve she is going to find an opthamologist. Going to atart gathering all the stuff to take to the cabin. Edd thinks it will all fit in the car, I think it is going to take either 2 cars or a trailer. Will still need to hit the grocery once we get there and I take stock. I am so looking forward to this weekend. It is supposed to be in the 80's all weekend with scattered showers. Might even get the pontoon in the water with those temps. Party Saturday night with music, dancing and bonfire. Left the summer begin!!!!!!!!Patti
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi Ladies-
    Been a hectic morning but I am here- I did my three minutes instead of logging in-
    Janet so happy all is good with the eye.
    Patti- treasure each moment with your mom
    Myra- welcome back to the fold
    Karla- Glad you are taking such good care of Glenn
    Bert- above or inground pool- my last house had a lovely in ground but alas as a single parent needed something smaller and more cost effective- but how I miss it.
    Time with my GF the last two days has been a balm for me- I didn't realize until I saw her how much I miss her.
    need to run but hugs all the way around
    Cindy
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Patti, sounds like a fun weekend! Has your mom tried either allergy drops like Zaditor or moisture drops like Systane to clear it up? Poor lady -- nurse Patti can take excellent care of her though.

Karla -- what color did Glenn paint your cement pots? He must be feeling better. Cloudy and breezy here, maybe rain later.

Cindy, girlfriend time is essential to our sanity!

Nothing but good news at doc this morning. No problem driving there. 23 hours ouf surgery and I can already read part of the 20/20 line. Doc is pleased and says I can drive myself to the left-eye procedure since it'll be a local and I will be fine without the low-dose valium, especially now that I know what the procedure is like. The optician onsite popped right lens out of two pairs of glasses. Need the shield only for sleeping now and am to stay on the drop schedule (Karla, you can relate), take it fairly easy for a few days (no heavy lifting or bending with head below waist). Have a mild headache but going to take Advil and a nap now.

Back later -- hugs to everyone.
  • luzingg
    Cindy, our mental health is dependent on our GFs. So glad you have had time with yours.

Janet, what great news on your eye. Thank you for the info on the drops.mshe has tried several, need to check with her for the names of those she has tried.

Had a surprise visit from my daughter. She brought me some fresh, home grown tomatoes and then we just sat on the porch and chatted for hours. Learning more about how she was raised and her family. A very different childhood than I had or that I provided for my stepson. Always wonder what life would have been like if I had not given her up. Still know it w as the best decision for us both.

Patti
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Hi ladies,
    Sorry for the late check in. Just wanted to say things are going so well here - all round - and pleased that your lives are actively productive as well!
    Janet, pleased that your weekend get together went so well and that the surgery and check up were positive as well. Put on some nice music close those eyes and rest easy!
    Bert, the outdoor work with heavy cutting and hauling and clearing needs its own category!
    Patti, wonderful to hear about the wedding beauty and the humor too! I hear you on the dental issues as I too have a molar that needs attention.
    Karla, sounds like things are continuing to move forward for your outdoor areas. Great to read that Glenn seems to be much more mobile as he continues to recover. Nicely done!
    Cindy, so good to see you getting your few minutes a day just to meditate in silence. Pure joy!
    Myra, wonderful to see you once again! Take care and keep enjoying your outside time, girl.

To all the rest who check in from time to time to catch up, waving a big HELLO!

To the challenge for this week, there are so many good options, I haven't decided which two! I guess we've already added new exercises with the wood chopping, clearing and hauling recently. Swimming would be fun, but it's a little too brisk for that just yet. Drinking LOTS of water normally. Getting plenty of produce mixed in combinations most days.
    Where I likely need to be more attentive is socially, thus ... it seems that decision is made at last:
    Checking in daily to support and encourage others
    Contacting someone in our group with a personal message.
    Hugs to all and sleep tight!
    MaryLynn
  • cindyr619
    Good Morning All-
    My GF is going home today but time spent has to go home today :(
    Food has been going well but a hectic day on tap.
    Janet- so glad your vision is coming on strong- pretty sunglasses are just around the corner.
    Patti- I am thrilled you have a wonderful relationship with your daughter. I bet she has a lot of you in her.
    MaryLynn- Its great to see you check in- have a great day.
    Need to run just got a call GF is stuck with car issues- I'll be back later.
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today will be spent preparing for our Chicago family's arrival. They are bringing their dog, which I'm not happy about. They said their dog sitter was unavailable. I have to put up gates to separate our dog from their's. But, what do you do?

I have a repairman coming this afternoon for my dryer. It's only three years old. There's something wrong with the timer.

Patti: Enjoy your weekend....it sounds like fun.

Janet: Congratulations on your success.

Cindy: Hope the car issues aren't major.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    Good morning. Sleep was spotty and I KNOW it's important for me to spend the day vegging in order to heal properly. Glad I forced myself to get out yesterday, so I can stay in all day today. Trying not to feel guilt if I don't do much of anything bu hae a quiet day with little but rest and cat-spoiling on the agenda. I have lots of stuff on my DVR and also hope to get a nap in somwhere.

Cindy, sorry for your friend's car issues but it may give you more time together and certainly something to laugh together about later.

Karla, when does Glenn have to start commuting again?

Bert, keeping the dogs separate won't be fun - hope the rest of the weekend will be sheer fun though.

MaryLynn, enjoy all the light you get up there this time of year.

Jeanette, what's up in your world?

Myra and others, waving hello.

Going to get off the computer in a few and rest my eyes and brain. Hugs to all.
  • luzingg
    Morning all.
    Mary Lynn, I so enjoy when you have time to spread your sunshine and support here. You never mentioned your visit with your son or is that this weekend.

Cindy, bummer about your GFs car issues. So glad you had this time with her. Are you going to the camp this weekend?

Bert, sorry about the dog issues but I am sure having the family there will overshadow any problems.

Karla, have you been able to get back to your exercise this week? Sounds like you and Glenn have worked out a good routine. Soon you will have a whole new routine when he retires.

Off to the gym, then laundry, grocery and back to the gym for my evening class. Bot sure when we are leaving for the cabin. Maybe tonight so I would have all day tomorrow to get the cabin opened and shelves restocked.
    I will be off the grid for the weekend. We have limited wifi access and but mostly I will be busy reconnecting with family, friends and nature
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Good morning all. So sweet to see so many checked in before me, as this girl slept in! Yesterday was a long day with my training on my new auditing job with the Mississippi company. This is a sweet, interesting and well paid position that I will do strictlybfrom home any time chose. Perfect timing as I have finished the eye clinic training. All but one small session. I will be the owner's internal auditor on her clinical trials. Very interesting work, very detailed, and I have my nice office with my new smart tv on the wall I can watch/ listen to anything while I work. My plan is to drop down to only one day a week on site at the podiatry office. He is just so addicted to me! Lol.

Patti- I love reading about your time with your daughter. When will she go to your cabin for the first time? It is such a big part of your life.

Janet- Down time is part of healing for sure. Glenn is not good with it and is starting to do minor chores. He painted my cement planters an off white cream color, they are gorgeous. They were my mother's. Rest, spoil the cats and binge watch.

Cindy - Girlfriend time is essential to our sanity for sure. It's Thelma and Louise!

Mary Lynn- I tried to have a variety of choices so everyone could have two good choices.

I miss Jeanette too. Hope all is going well.

I best get going.

Karla
  • luzingg
    Karla, the new job sounds like a nice change. Will you be able to retire when Glenn does? Not sure when Susie will be coming to the cabin but she definitely wants too. My grandson has a pop up camper and wants to come down too. Really looking forward to sharing it all with them.

Janet, do relax, clean out your DVR, so important for your eye to heal properly. Your sweet fur babies will certainly not complain.
    Patti
  • xjsjaguar
    Checking in - albeit kinda late - and will comment more on personals tomorrow. Busy day!!
    Rest well all!
    Hugs,
    MaryLynn

PS: Our visit on Sunday with our son Shea and his wife Andie (and her folks) went very well and we even stayed on for a smoked turkey dinner. They are now they are at a music festival in California. Doggies were pretty anxious to get outside once we arrived home later than usual.
  • cindyr619
    Hi Girls-
    everyone sounds happy and ready to head into the long weekend-
    Karla- retirement is right around the corner for you- so nice
    Patti- Is Susie coming this weekend or just at some point soon?
    Janet- Please rest your eyes............. hugs
    MaryLynn - good thing there were no puddles. What kind of dogs do you have?
    Bert- sometimes gates are ok esp when you get to see your kids.

We will be at camp this weekend and Rick has next week off- I'm hoping he tackles some our list for the house. Mom comes in 4 weeks for most of the summer.
    I struggled yesterday with food- had a lunch meeting and it was horrible options- did my best. The good news camp + walking means a better me.
    Need to get busy with the day job- If you dont' see me much over the weekend means camp is having issues with Wi-Fi
    Enjoy all!
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies......my Chicago family will be here today. I'll tolerate the gates so we can have family time. I've been to the store, filled the fridge, and have toys and games ready. I don't think the pool will be ready though. It's still very cloudy and quite chilly. I'll work on it this morning. Have a great day and fabulous weekend.

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning ladies and TGIF our holiday weekend. Please take time to reflect on our fallen soldiers today that gave their all, and their families.

Bert - my brother in N Alabama, whom is not a dog person, always hated it when we all brought our dogs. Lol. But loved that we came. He is a cat person. Have you heard of the Pie Face game? We purchased it and will be playing that with dizzy and JJ. Have fun.

Mary Lynn- Glad you had a good visit. Still waiting on my pictures. Grin.

Cindy- You are holding yourself accountable and that is the main thing. Activity at the camp is a good thing. Is Rick over is brooding?

I am off to the podiatry for just a few hours after I drop the pups at the groomers. Then home to work on my new auditing. Life is so good. Glenn and I really have a good groove going. We will do well when he is home all the time.

I am not fitting in my exercise and I need to turn that bus around today!!

Karla
  • xjsjaguar
    Good morning and welcome to the weekend, ladies!
    With all the comments on planning and preparations for weekend togetherness, the energy levels rise to the occasion with the resulting active lifestyle replacing periodic "exercise" times. It seems to me that this is the perspective that I needed to embrace. I am blessed to be able to move this body in new ways that challenge the growth of muscle, endurance and big smiles.

Karla - Your new groove sounds perfect for the two of you! Finding ways to be together is so much fun and I'm pleased that the fresh opportunities to work from home will allow more of that in the near future for Glenn and yourself. We are definitely "dog folks", with two furry companions that remind us that simple pleasures keep life balanced and interesting as well. Have a wonderful weekend as you continue to connect with those you love as you discover new activities and games that keep you on the move.

Bert - Getting ready for company can be such an exciting and pleasantly exhausting effort! With activities planned that warm everyone up, perhaps a cooler pool will be a welcome relief regardless of it's clarity. I recall the first long weekend of opening our friends pool and cleaning out debris, trying to adjust those pesky ph levels, etc. It was COLD at first, but you could just manage to get it done and then bring in the toys and splash around to your hearts content. Enjoy your time with family and friends and hope the dog issue doesn't result in any feisty encounters or too much stress!

Cindy - It sure sounds like a weekend at camp is just the ticket for Rick and yourself! Enjoy the time together as you both discover new ways to connect through activities that you both love. Just being out in nature is so rewarding in and of itself and refreshing in ways that heal the soul at it's core!

Janet - As you continue to heal, I hope that you can get outside and enjoy some warmer and drier temperatures as well. When you are confined in any way, for a period of time it is so nice to be able to get active again with what you truly enjoy in life. Wishing you a wonderful time with whatever you choose to do this weekend!

Patti - The weekend camping experience with family at the cabin promises some fun and relaxing combined with the closeness and humor that inevitably results when those who know one another so well can be in a different environment. With campfires and food eaten outside the possibilities for activities are indeed endless. Hoping you enjoy it all and looking forward to hearing the stories that you tell so well!

Myra - Great to hear from you and pleased that things in your life are providing you with what you need most. Enjoy the weekend with family! Wonderful opportunities to be active and connect in new and interesting ways.

Hugs to Jeanette, if you are checking in. Waves to all the rest, wherever you are!

MaryLynn

• JP_in_KY
    Hello to all. Got out for a bit this morning and am now set to stay in as much of the weekend as I choose. Picked up a salad at Panera on my way home. Thinking a nap might be in order again, and perhaps doing some things around here later before I watch the Cavs tonight.

Cindy, glad camp season is upon you -- always seems restorative.

Karla, Glenn's retirement countdown makes me smile too. Hope they give him a grand sendoff!

Patti, I know your time at the cabin will be heaven on earth.

MaryLynn, enjoy your outdoor time. Glad your visit with Shea was fun.

Bert, hope the dogs settle down so you can truly enjoy the family time.

I'll swing back later to see what's up with everyone. Imagining it'll be quiet here this weekend, but I'll be thinking of you all daily!
  • KarlaLM58
    Good day here. Pups look great with their summer cuts, accomplished much and reorganized podiatry employees. Home with my Glenn and having a cup of tea. Appears we are all enjoying our prospective family outings, camps, pets and food ideas.

I will do my two to three minutes now...

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    At the hairdresser, life is good. Hope yours is too. Jason is having a shrimp and crawfish boil tomorrow for Memorial Day. Fun times. Grandkids fun today. But first beauty time.

Take time to enjoy nature today. God gave us this for a reason.

Peace be with you.

Karla