Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Happy Saturday, my friends!
    With some much needed light rain falling, I'm sitting with my coffee and water watching the trees outside covered in moisture. Looks like we will need some rain gear to get outside and enjoy nature firsthand today. It's still early and I love the peacefulness of this time of day, before activities begin in earnest. Our little forest trails are looking gorgeous, with some of the red cedar chips from ancient logs now pulverized to cover much of the ground around the ferns, cedars, fir and maple trees. The combination has kept us active for nearly a month now and we've even enjoyed some campfire times complete with hot dogs roasted over the fire. We are truly blessed! Myron has crafted a wood storage area to keep the split wood dry and we have HUGE piles of leaves in several areas on the property. Additionally, there is enough small branches and twigs for kindling that ought to last well into the fall. Hoping that the weather conditions contribute to safe conditions for campfires and that the dryness of last summer is avoided. The tomatoes and carrots are coming along nicely, as are the wildflowers in the garden patches. The dogs dug up some bulbs, so now that area has been fenced for protection. Fruit trees are growing despite being ravaged by local deer and hopefully the few in the fenced area will actually produce something later in the season. The blueberries and raspberries seem to be looking healthy and hopefully with the right conditions will bear fruit. When we see mangoes in the store we remember fondly the abundance of local mangoes in Mexico and the taste of fresh tropical papaya and pineapple. We have a fondness for guava too and found some juice that we are trying out...not the same, but makes for a refreshing change from the usual water. Pretty quiet weekend here and enjoying our together time fully.
    Hugs to you all,
    MaryLynn
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi Ladies-
    Its hotter the heck outside and I was grading, very slowly, for about two hours. Didn't get as much done as I had hoped. Rick and I are going to camp later today. He went to a car race with his son so my opportunity to get the tomatoes in and flowers in containers. I enjoyed the solitude of puttering around my yard and now I need a shower and shampoo, then maybe a little lunch.
    I hope you are all enjoying this weekend and taking a moment to remember those who have fallen in protecting our shores and rights as American citizens.I probably won't be around until Monday.
    Have a fun and safe weekend.
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Cindy- Absolutely sounds like my kind of puttering day with plants and solitude.

I'm looking forward to time over at Jason's today. We are then stopping over at some friend's new new home. Life is good. I kept Glenn out too long yesterday, as his internal wound is stillbdraining, and bit drained more. This concerns me. I hope you all are enjoying your planned or unplanned time.

Mary Lyn- your words are awesomely spoken as usual andbi adore reading them. Your property sounds awesome.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    gja9m4xzgaiq.jpeg
    My Izzy having fun.
  • KarlaLM58
    kw2gv99pkx7s.jpeg
    My fish is Hawaiian Plumeria
  • KarlaLM58
    7o8mwlfolc5v.jpeg
    That was supposed to be fushias on the earlier one, of course this is my miniature yellow plumeria.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    the plumeria are gorgeous! and so is Izzy!
    we had fun by the pool yesterday here as well.
    today, it is rainy, so the kids want to go to an indoor trampoline place. I'm not thrilled, but if we escape without injury, i'll be pleased ;)
    MaryLyn, your property sounds like a retreat :) a retreat for those not working on it, hehe. :)
    Hope everyone enjoys their day. I overate at breakfast, so I'll have to be especially mindful for the rest of today.

Myra
  • KarlaLM58
    wcylmr3vix32.jpeg
    My son's kick butt pool.. Spicy food today
  • KarlaLM58
    jns8rua2voqz.jpeg
    His hot tub
  • KarlaLM58
    Myra- they have a trampoline place here too and my grandson wants to go.

Back later.

Karls
  • KarlaLM58
    2hdsrxoyv19y.jpeg
    Crawfish, Southern style. I don't eat them. But love the veggies.
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Karla, love the pics.

Cindy, glad you had solo gardening time. Hope camp is fun.

Started organizing DVDs but popped a mograine and had to plop -- back at it now, while watching "Grace & Frankie" until Game of Thrones comes on.

Movie recommendation: "Brooklyn." A simple, quiet movie with an understated, compelling performance by Siaorse Ronan. Sweet and moving story, beautifully shot too.

Just wanted to say hello!
  • KarlaLM58
    Please post in all caps if you have a new weekly goal.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    Happy Memorial Day!! Please take a moment to praise our fallen soldiers that gave their all for our freedom.

Pick one for your group goal this week if you dare:

1. Drink 16 ounces of water first thing every morning before anything else.
    2. Walk one mile.
    3. Mail a card or note to a friend snail mail, just a note of friendship.
    4. Eat a new fruit this week.
    5. Try an egg white omelet with your choice of fresh veggies.
    6. Eat a slice of whole grain or wheat bread with one tbsp of peanut butter and half a banana sliced on it. The bread is toasted.
    7. Eat a greek yogurt with one tablespoon of chopped walnuts in it. Great omega 3.
    8. Meditate for three minutes three times this week.
    9. Complete strength training with hand weights two times this week.
    10. Talk to yourself in a positive way twice, with how proud you are on taking care of yourself. A must!

I am off to exercise as I did not achieve my group goal last week. I am a work in progress and will strive to do better. It is just so good for us. Mentally and physically.

My group pick: #1
    Mini goal- GET OVER 10k STEPS DAILY

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Karla, keep my goal the same -- and I will also do the water first thing -- always get at least 8 oz but will do 16 again -- good idea.

Ran a few errands early -- gonna be beastly hot & humid here. Did my annual Memorial Day visit to the "Horrible Massacre" site which memorializes 22 African-American Civil War soldiers. I salute and thank each one individually.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM9ZJN_Horrible_Massacre_African_American_Cemetery_Simpsonville_Kentucky

Above all, I think about my Uncle Archie, Mom's older brother, who died in WWII -- in a supposedly safe area. All I know of him is from pictures and stories, yet I miss him greatly.

Have a good and meaningful day. This isn't 4th of July or Veterans' Day. Remember those who gave the last full measure of devotion.
  • KarlaLM58
    Janet- I meant to mention your drive by of the Horrible Massacre of the 22 former black soldiers by my Confederate gorillas. It was uncalled for cruelty for sure during a bitter war. I'm so glad they are honored by a marker and those 23 crossed. Thank you for sharing that link.

Jason brought Izzy and JJ over and now we are running to get JJ's cousin to spend the night with us. Fun times as we will finally play the Pie Face game with the whip cream. Lol.

I did complete the 20 minute upper body strength training and have 5700 steps so far.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    ziff6tz4s0wd.jpeg
    My new offset umbrella for over the jacizxi
  • KarlaLM58
    The was jacuzzi.. Lol
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Happy Memorial Day. My dad and my uncle served in WWII and I have been thinking about them. Our weekend was a good one. We had lots of family time and made due with the dog issues. We put gates up to separate them. It got tedious trying to get around, but I'd rather have that than not having my family here. We made it, and they returned safely. I spent most of the day cleaning the house and putting away things. All is good.

Bert
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Good morning ladies, it is very early here as I struggle with another night of insomnia. Sorry for disappearing, it really is about frustration with my body and its refusal to do anything but stay right where it is. Just needed the break from MFP and all it represents. The one thing that draws me back this soon (meaning sooner than I would have checked in) is you all. I do miss hearing about what you are doing and all. I read most of the posts I missed and am glad to hear mostly good news of what is going on :smile:
    Not sure I'll check in right away again, but will be thinking of you all and praying for you health and happiness.

Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette