Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Good morning, ladies!
    Happy anniversary to you and Mike, Bert! Such a wonderful milestone to celebrate the togetherness and obvious happiness you continue to find in one another every day!

Pleased to read how everyone is finding their groove and fitting in all those tasks that need attention, as well.

I have an NSV to share ... I now fit into my smallest jeans, even though I'm not at my "goal weight"! All this bush clearing is helping, no doubt as overall strength continues to climb and toning is making all the difference along with extra energy as a bonus. Enjoying this spring!

Thanks for sharing your images of together times with family, all!

Have an active and productive day all and smile your way through the quiet moments you find.
    Hugs,
    MaryLynn
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Good morning, had a horrible night. Woke up with the worst toothache, actually the first toothache I have ever had, so by default it makes it the worst, lol. I took an Aleve with no relief after 45 minutes I took an oxycodone that was left over from my oral surgery 2 years ago. Took another 30 minutes before the pain was gone and/or I fell asleep. I don't see the oral surgeon until the 24th and that is just for the eval.
    My GF is doing great. Only a small rash this time. She has had no problems with nausea at all. In fact she jokes she is the only person to ever gain weight on chemo. Next Monday we are going to see Alice thru the Looking Glass in 3D and have lunch.
    Mom was having a great day yesterday. She bought some new eye drops yesterday and there was an immediate clearing of her right eye, which is the only one she can really see out of because of the tumors in her left eye. She has been working on organizing her "junk" room and then she will start her spring cleaning. She just can't be still for long. Her biggest issue right now is that she is not eating enough. Nothing sounds good, she doesn't feel like cooking and mostly she just isn't hungry most of the time. She bought some power bars, the look on her face when she said she tried one was priceless. She does not like sweets so meal replacements or supplements like Ensure are out of the question. But she is aware that she needs to eat more and is making it a priority every day. She has noticed a decrease in energy and endurance, so that is getting her back on track. Now I have to tell her funny story. She takes Metamucil every morning. She keeps it in a pretty canister on top of her fridge. Yesterday she grabbed the canister and put her scoop of Metamucil in her glass of water. She noticed that it didn't seem to be dissolving as well as it usually does, but decided it was just a fluke or that it was old. She took a big swallow and realized immediately that it was breadcrumbs not Metamucil!!
    Need to get moving and get to the grocery. Then laundry and I have to get to the gym. I didn't go this morning because I was up so long with the stupid tooth and the pain pill knocked me out. Didn't even wake up until 10.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Patti, the breadcrumb-mucil made me laugh. Hope the tooth doesn't bother you too much -- that kind of wait is just wrong. Hugs.

Karla, Izzy is so cute -- and doesn't even know that "I Can Do That" is the title of a song from "A Chorus Line." She will love whatever bouquet you all chose.

MaryLynn, BRAVA!!!!!!!! Your hard work is paying off in a wonderful way.

Bert, glad you had a good anniversary. Enjoy Jillian's recital.

Cindy, glad you got your planting done.

My house is clean and my nails are blue for the Golden State Warriors. Laundry done, except for bed linens. While I was out we had a 1.5-3.5"/hour downpour. Glad I didn't have to commute.

Had my stuffed mushrooms again -- so tasty and filling for relatively few calories. There's room in my plan for a snack later if I want.

Put off the final DVD work -- my heart just wasn't in it.

Have a lovely evening, all.
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    HI Ladies-
    Patti - I chuckled about your mom's breadcrumbs. Just too funny. Rick's mom is also not hungry or eating properly and I think she's lost 40 pounds since Christmas- mind you she wasnt a large woman to begin with. She's 89 and getting frail. I think she is giving up.....
    Janet- do you make the stuffed mushrooms or purchase them. I just love them too
    Bert- I didn't know you had a dancer in your family too :) enjoy the recital.
    MaryLynn- ^5 on the NSV-
    I just read an article this AM about losing weight - basically says we all underestimate how much we eat and how much we move and that bottom line we sit too darn much. I hit all those points. Sigh.
    I brought Eggs for breakfast today trying to mix up my eating but honestly still under a lot of stress and just can't really focus on me and get the scale moving. I have one good week and then back in the stress stew. I see my therapist again today so that does help.
    We are going to camp tonight for the weekend. But it is calling for rain which is never as much fun- no fires or lost of walks.
    Everyone enjoy your day and I'll try to check in over the weekend it will depend on the wireless at camp.
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is errand day. I had my mother's ring resized and rodium sp?) plated so it looks like white gold. I'm anxious to get it. When the kids bought it for me, it was too small and in yellow gold. I haven't worn it in years, and thought I need to do something. I also has another stone put in my grandmother's necklace they got me 4 years ago, as Cole wasn't born at that time.

The pool man is coming today to look at what is causing our pool to be so cloudy. I'm thinking the filter needs new sand; however, he just put in new sand last year. The pool shop said to put in clarifier everyday, but when I try to rinse the filter after vacuuming on waste, the water is only coming out as a trickle.

I need to eat healthy today, as yesterday wasn't the greatest. Have a great day, everyone.

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    Good morning!

Cindy, right now you have a lot going on == just being conscious about making better choices when you can is enough. Please don't beat yourself up or try to be superwoman. I do sometimes make stuffed mushrooms but often buy them at Walmart (spinach/artichoke/cheese) or Kroger (warning you against the pizza-flavored ones, which were inedibly awful). A package of four has only 220 calories. Add a salad and protein and you have a nice meal.

Bert, your post made me wonder what happened to Mom's mother's ring -- I have her others (she was a ring aficionada and passed that along to me -- I used to help Dad pick them out. And as I go through things, I am setting several things aside to give to my nieces soon -- will let them go through and decide who wants what, if I ever get them alone together! Hoping to build that in -- drinks or brunch or whatever,for just the three -- of us at Christmas.

My Warriors blue nail polish worked its magic last night. Of course now I have to watch all the Finals games from my Lucky Spot -- sitting on my bed. Eating was OK but I succumbed to pecans late. Need to put a bag of shrimp into the freezer to thaw for tonight -- TGIF shrimp cocktail.

OK -- must head out for errands. Wishing everyone a lovely day, regardless of the weather!
  • luzingg
    Up and at em! Leaving shortly for the cabin. Edd may come down later if parts for the truck don't come in today. He is going to some motorcycle races on Sunday with our son so he will have to come back home Saturday night if he does come down. It is supposed to rain off and on all weekend. Actually that would suit me fine because I need to clean my cabin. Will check in if I can but try to stay off the computer when I am there.

Enjoy your weekend
    Patti
  • xjsjaguar
    Happy Friday, my friends!
    Getting ready to head back outside and just wanted to say HI to everyone. Great humor from your Mom, Patti. I once mixed up cinnamon and cayenne in a rice pudding recipe, when I was trying to impress Myron by cooking in his kitchen (early dating days). There simply was NOT enough sugar to add to it to offset, but boy did we get some great laughs from that mix up! We have been enjoying our outdoor camping style in the lower yard area, by making up meals to cook over the fire. Even bought a new frying pan and Myron has rigged up a grill system that works over the fire. Toast over wood fire tastes pretty good! Eggs with ash not so much!
    Slowly we are running out of clearing to tackle in the yard and have expanded to include some of the neighboring acreages on either side of our property. There is enough kindling for a month already and the branches for chopping and sawing are stacked for the campfire. We are hoping that the drought of last year holds off so that we can continue to enjoy our time out by the fire. Yesterday, Myron set up a post to put a solar light on so that we can see in the dusk or dark, so now we need to find something suitable to install on top of that post. With clouds threatening already and rain predicted, it is time to get back out there and move the body through raking, cutting and clearing. Hiking up and down the hills on the yard is good cardio and we are getting so much accomplished in a fun together fashion. Enjoy your day, all!
    Hugs,
    MaryLynn

PS: GO Warriors!
  • JP_in_KY
    Good morning! Deliberately slow start here, planning to stay in because storms are on the way. Want to get a few things done before second cataract surgery Tuesday morning. Have called Costco about cost of having no-Rx lenses put into my favorite sunglasses frames (bought there) and will probably do that -- still have my annual Costco rebate certificate.

I have a small steak for later -- rarely eat red meat but have been craving it -- my body must want iron.

Just wanted to say hello to all. Big hugs!

• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Good morning all. Very busy weekend with all the grandkids and Izzy's big recital is today. I am just about to the word out stage with them as Izzy is a ball of energy when her idol Audrey is around, our 10yo granddaughter. Lol. I picked up Izzy's bouquet yesterday and it was gorgeous. I will post picture after this post.

Janet- How was your steak? I made spaghetti and had a stuffed smoked chicken from the meat market with veggies last night.

I guess everyone is busy with summer fun and activities. Have a blessed day. I have Sinus drainage cough going on, yuck.

I ready to clear the house and get back to quiet.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
  • KarlaLM58
    vc80y163dhgq.jpeg
    Here is a close up of the bow with the ballet slippers on them. Precious.
  • xjsjaguar
    Good morning, ladies!
    Wonderful flower bouquet for your little dancer, Karla! Precious pink ribbon indeed!! Hope your head clears up soon to enable you to just enjoy the event and your day.

So nice to have a variety of foods to enjoy, Janet. Listening to what your body needs is wise and sometimes just a small portion of what we are craving is enough. Unless it's dark chocolate, of course! Stay safe and protected during that predicted sever weather there!

Our days are so wonderfully long and bright at this time of year ... thankful to live where we do! Enjoyed some campfire time again yesterday with a beef and onion fajita for lunch, prepared over the open cook fire. Yummy!

Waving HI to all of you and trusting that you can find ways to enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Hugs,
    MaryLynn
  • JP_in_KY
    Karla, such a pretty bouquet. Didn't know florists had ballet slipper ribbon. Have fun == Izzy will love showing off for everyone, including Audrey!

The steak was not very good. Oh well --- had a salad and some quinoa pilaf too. Hit CVS this morning -- needed zyrtec, given the forecast. Should be able to use screen door a lot this week.

Have a good day, everyone!
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Good morning my friends! It's the long lost Okie checking in again at last.

Karla - holy cow! Izzy's bouquet must be as big as she is! Absolutely GORGEOUS flowers! Have fun at the recital.

Patti - enjoy your time at the cabin. We're headed to the lake tomorrow morning. Dave was there most of last week fishing with the guys in the rain. Our weathers due to clear up and warm up, so we're going back for some sunshine.

Cindy - it sounds like you're just as buried as ever.... Enjoy your time at camp and get some rest and renewal.

Janet - cataract surgery, huh? Dang girl! When Dave had his a couple years ago, it also vastly improved his vision which has been a real game-changer for him. His vision was -20 something and the best they'd been able to correct it with either glasses or contacts was about 20-40. He now sees 20-20 in one and 20-15 in the other for distance, but needs readers.

Mary Lynn - I'm a somewhat reluctant Warriers fan, but after beating my Thunder, they deserve to put a bow on a historic season. There's no shame in playing the best team in NBA history to a 7-game slugfest. We shoulda taken 'em in game 6 when we had our chance. Sounds like y'all have been working as hard in your yard as we have.

We've been moving dirt to level the damage from last spring's heavy rain run-off after so many years of drought and have laid some sod and done quite a lot of Bermuda grass sprigging. Built a new flower bed around the mail box and just finished planting it last week. The garden is coming on well - sweet peas and lettuce will probably play out this week; spinach and radishes are done; we're eating onions, green beans and peas, lettuce and spinach. The tomato plants are all putting on lots of green tomatoes and the okra is up and starting to grow. I'm pretty pleased with the way most of my porch pots and flowers are looking. My next project - that I'll start in a little while after breakfast, is moving some day lilies and putting them around an old play house we use for storage until someday wen there's grandbabies to play in it!

I've not really been on my WW game since we got home from AZ in March. I've been in a "semi" phase of my "semi-retirement" and been working and traveling every week throughout April and May. I have a few tasks to do later next week, but will be back to retirement for a while, I think. My biggest struggle is when traveling by myself and this time was no different. I'm up about 7 pounds from my low, but determined to get that back off and head on down..... My WW leader asked us yesterday to name one enjoyable thing we were going to do for ourselves this week and I said check in here. CHECK! You guys keep me focused and on my game. I'll miss a couple days this week while we're at the lake with no wifi and no cell service, but I'll be back by Thursday for sure. Feel free to text me and give me a good swift kick in the pants if I'm not!

Thanks,
    Suzi
  • luzingg
    Hey ya'll!!!!

Just got home from the cabin. A rather quiet weekend for us. Friday my son and daughter joined us on the deck for some much needed family time. They left early Saturday morning as my DIL had to be at the Strawberry festival in town to pass out free samples of Dannon yogurt. Edd left early in the afternoon.,he was on the bike and was trying to avoid the storms. He road in the rain but missed the heavy stuff. Our son was racing in Indiana early today and Edd went with him. Our son took 1st place in his class and 4th overall. It was nice to have some alone time, sitting on my porch and watching it rain. Had dinner with the neighbors......worst hamburger I have had in a long time, but good corn. So did very well with my eating all weekend. Tomorrow I am going to the movies and then lunch at Steak and Shake (will make up for the bad burger)

Karla,,the flowers are beautiful, I agree with Suzi, they look bigger than her, lol. I know the recital will be a blast.

Suzi, so nice to see you again. Sounds like you have been super busy and productive. With all the storms I have been worried about you but know you are ok when I see your posts on FB.

Janet, sorry about your steak. I would be so upset if I had been craving one and then it wasn't as tasty as expected. Did you get some bad storms?

Cindy, hope,your time at camp was peaceful and restorative.

Mary Lynn, your home sounds like paradise, especially the outdoor spaces. Nothing beats food cooked over an open fire. I can just see you and Myron enjoying the fruits of your labor.

Myra,,hope you are lurking and will stop by again soon. We miss you.

Enough from me for now,,
    Patti
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Patti - we had a storm shelter put in a couple months ago, so I'm much calmer now when it storms knowing that I have my hidey hole in the garage waiting for me. It's all stocked, too - the family pictures, batteries, light, weather radio, bottled water, snacks and whiskey! Trust me folks, if your house gets blown down, you're gonna need whiskey. Been there, done that....
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi Ladies-
    Its a Monday morning for sure- my half and half was spoiled so coffee had to wait until I got to the office. Not as good as my home brew- but will suffice.
    I have an intern starting today and not really ready for her but she'll never know it. I have her for 8 weeks.
    Weekend was pretty good we got home early yesterday as the rain came in hard- no fun at camp with two pups and a hubby with no access to outside.
    Did a few small things to get things ready for mom to come and changed my handbag to my "summer" one.
    Heard from the girls- supposedly the cover will be LIVE this week- for Ready to Soar.
    Exciting.
    Food is OK- had lots of fruit over the weekend and veggies.
    Janet- is someone driving you to surgery.

Need to run but a big hello to all
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Evening everyone,

Janet,sending you hugs and prayers for your surgery tomorrow. I know you will do great. Just wish you didn't have to do it alone.

Cindy, loved your blog this week. I am trying to remember to do my 3 minutes, not always successful.

Suzi, have fun at the lake.

Well the movie was a 2 tissue tear jerker. We saw "You Before Me" my girlfriend had read the book and warned me it was sad, but I was not prepared, LOL. Lunch at Steak and Shake and then I hit a shop that some girls have been telling me about to find an outfit for an outdoor wedding we have to go to in 2 weeks. It is a pretty sleeveless black and white paisley type print. Long enough to wear with leggings. My go to pants for dressing up a bit these days. I am going to wear my Capri length ones. Gotta run, just found out that Rizzoli and Isles starts tonight and I don't have a DVR.

Patti
  • xjsjaguar