Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Patti, hugs to your dear friend. Head-shaving is a big wake-up call to everyone, but it is another step on her way to health. Good luck in your hunt for the perfect top. You might try the Nordstrom Rack in your area -- might find nothing, or might find a bargain that makes you feel as special as you are.

MaryLynn, what a nice surprise to have Myron home earlier than expected! Congrats on the loss -- at 152 you're probably quite slim anyway (don't know your height) and the last 20 are a bear to lose (take it from me -- trying to re-lose about 15 here!)

My final plastic surgery tweak (followup to my thigh lift, to fix a couple of small things) has been postponed to late June and I'm fine with that because it lets me get both eyes de-cataracted first, and also (I hope) a visit to my dear friend in SC in a condition where a horseback ride won't be a concern. Targeting mid-June for that. I can use the hugs and great company, and the long drive each way has its own head-clearing benefits too.
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Does anyone know why MFP doesn't give calories for strength excersizing?
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited May 2016
    Bert, strength training is listed under cardio. I look under cardio for everything first, then check the other one if I don't find what I want.

Janet, I am so happy to hear you are setting a date to get to SC. Long overdue for you both. You are going to love the horseback rides even better now. Thank you for your good wishes on my hunt for a top. I checked Nordstrom rack first thin on Monday.....nothing even worth trying on.

Mary Lynn what a wonderful surprise to have Myron home early. Now nobody has to rush when you get to see your son. Big happy dance here for your continued success and your always positive attitude.

Cindy, are your two minutes helping you do you think?

Karla, I know you are so proud of JJ.

My GF showed up in a pretty red and white scarf, looking as beautiful and confident as ever. She was prepared for this, at least she seems to be. She said she looked worse before she got buzzed. In her words "I looked like a radiation victim after the apocalypse". She said the wig is uncomfortable right now. Evidently when your hair falls out like this it makes your scalp hurt. Sort of like when you have your hair in a ponytail all day and then take it down. Not painful, just uncomfortable. The other GF was an hour late because she was in PT longer than she planned, so we waited for her, chatting the entire time. Lunch was delish, grilled chicken with mushrooms, artichokes and sun dried tomatoes and a side of broccoli. Good news, after only 4 hours I found the top. Nearly settled for something that was just ok and not quite dressy enough but I made more lap through Macy's and found IT. It is a pretty shade of dark mint green, kind of "chiffony" with two overlapping layers in the front (kind of flowing) 3/4 length sleeves and a v slit in the front neckline. Not too long, which seemed to be the case with so many I tried on, and very comfy. Just needs a touch of jewelry to jazz it up. I have several pairs of leggings to choose from, input appreciated for which to wear. Plain leg, silver ankle zipper, 1 inch lace on the bottom or small amount of sequins mid calf to ankle on the outer side of each leg. What do you all think?

Patti
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hello Dear Friends-
    Patti I just read your post and I'm SO glad you GF is feeling good about herself and loved to hear she has a stunning scarf- when a dear friend went through the same thing she hated the wigs and just did the scarf thing until her hair came back. Said the wigs were always uncomfortable- You're a wonderful support for her. I'm a basic pant person so I vote for the silver ankle zip and silver jewelry- my 2 cents
    Janet- glad your cataracts are first and then the minor revision- We are getting back on track you and I with our eating.
    MaryLynn- think of the tortoise and the hare- this journey is just like the old fable. Keep up the great progress.
    Bert- good for you on strength training. I got the bar/band thing that Marie Osmond is selling on QVC and it does make my muscles tired. I need to do it consistently but it has great information right on the bar so I can't use the excuse I don't know what I'm doing for correct form. I've never shopped on QVC before just channel surfing and there it was.
    Karla- Glenn still progressing? When do you officially retire?

I did my two minutes again this morning and I do think it is helping me to center on me. I was brave and hopped on the scale and I'm seeing downward movement from Monday. Obviously not recording it but it gives me hope I'm doing the right things this time. In my two minutes I talk to myself about self love, eating 3 meals and taking care of me. I could have tried 3 minutes today as I was getting in some nice deep breathing.
    I'm off to Nashua NH on Saturday for a self editing class- a short 2 1/2 hour drive up and back. I'm really looking forward to it. Emily is finally reading the Last First Kiss and has enjoyed the story. Megan is still staying her favorite book out of the 4 is Lost and Found- my fav- the one I haven't written yet that will get people buying more books- LOL
    I may post on FB today if you have a Favorite Lucinda Race book- if you get a moment will you respond to the question? and then share it on your page?
    That would be so helpful.
    I am hoping to release the cover for Ready to Soar next week so stay tuned.
    Need to run but smiles for all.
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. It's a beautiful day today. My cleaning lady/friend is coming this morning. I always feel better after she comes. I helps me focus on what needs to be done around the house.

Auditions are over, and now they have the hard decision to cast people. There were 100 people who auditioned and only 40 will be cast. I'm so glad I don't have to do that. I'll print tickets next week. They go on sale June 12.

Cindy: I watch QVC frequently. I love Denim & Co for capri pants and also have several tops. They have items you don't see in stores.

Patti: Congrats on finding a top. My vote is lace. :)

Have a great day!

Bert
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Good morning ladies! Hope you are all having a good week. I had intended on doing personals today but it is another busy day and I am still getting used to the new rhythm of my life. You are all important to me and I am thinking about you and praying for you.

Brian got to bring the work van home yesterday, what a relief to be back to two vehicles! The WIC interview went well and the director made it clear we are only waiting for the contract to be finished up. My final classes started this week so I am working on those and then will add the work experience once the contract is finalized. I'm hoping my body will keep up with whatever it is they want me to do; I already spent the day yesterday in bed because the busyness of the weekend/week caught up to me.

Take care, beautiful ladies
    Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette
  • JP_in_KY
    Hi, all.

Jeanette, sounds like things are really looking up for you and Brian in terms of work and transportation. Brava for listening to your body and resting yesterday. I was pretty much a slug on Tuesday because my body demanded it.

Patti, the top sounds beautiful and perfect for a wedding or a summer party. From your description, I'd let the top be the star and go with the simpler leggings with zipper detail and Cindy's suggestion of silver jewlery. Pics please!

Cindy, I am bad and haven't done a formal two minutes yet -- which is, of ccourse, a sign that I REALLY need to do it!

Bert, casting is such a tough enterprise -- some dreams will be fulfilled and others dashed. Bet the show will be great fun.

Well, I had a McD's cone today. And some pretzels. Oh well -- still very close to my target with a careful dinner. House cleaner was here today and she is a joy. And my delightful new-dad lawn guy mowed and put the latch and knob on my new screen door. Now I can have the door to my deck open as weather permits, without the cats getting out (they're indoor critters). It was the perfect day for it and I'm glad I made the investment. The cats don't know what to make of it yet but the birdsong was clear and full. And on my way home from manicure I saw a redwing blackbird in flight -- only the second time I've seen one here in KY.

Need to figure out my outfit for Saturday night. It's casual and I'm probably the only one who cares what I'm wearing. Contemplating either black or white pants with a silky pink bold-outline floral print with 3/4 bell sleeves and a high cutout in the back (well above the bra line -- not daring at all, just interesting). It's dumb to care this much but having not seen these people in decades ... and feeling nervous but ar better about myself than I did then, it means something to me. There are still a couple of tunics in contention as well. Might be a bit cool yet for white pants. HELP!!!! Wish you were all here so I could get in-person advice! Accessories will be simple and I chose a nail polish that will work with any option.

Back to paying attention to the game and living for closeups of the gorgeous Kevin Love. (I may be old but I'm not dead yet!)
  • luzingg
    Thanks girls for the input
    I was leaning toward the zipper detail myself. Had already planned on the silver jewelry because I think it would look best with the color of the top. The best part is it was on sale for under $25 and that is all I spent for a new outfit for the wedding. Found out that the kids don't need any help with the set up. That will all be handled by the venue. So I have all day to get beautiful, and it might take that long too.
    Back in the AM
    Patti
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Ladies,
    It sure sounds good out there in your lives! Glad to read about the happenings for you all. Have a restful night. Today was a full rest day for both of us to "catch up". See you tomorrow.
    Hugs,
    MaryLynn
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Janet- I know you will look very classing what you choose to put together. Relax and have a good time. Always fun to see how people have held up. I have my 40th reunion in two months and it is really heating up in interest. We always have fun and Panama City Beach the venue location with dancing out on the deck at sunset, what an awesome scene that will be. We will be reliving the scene from Mama Mia where they dance on the docks. Fun!!

Patti- your outfit sounds perfect for you and possible to use again. I love the sassy pants. Is your daughter going with you?

Mary Lynn - I'm sure Myron and you had a nice reunion. Enjoy your time with your son this weekend.

Cindy- good for you on your me time. I'm not there yet.

Please pray for my son today. I love him so.

Karla
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    HI Girls-
    It's finally Friday and I am so looking forward to my seminar tomorrow. The moderator is an editor from Carina Press- part of Harlequin.
    Janet- I vote white pants- the top sounds lovely- sandals weather permitting and be you- full of grace and confidence- I'm on your shoulder if you need me :)
    Patti- enjoy the wedding and you'll look more than beautiful- radiant!
    Karla- prayers for your son.....
    MaryLynn- hope you're rested and ready for the weekend. Have fun.
    I did my two minutes this morning and will up it to 3 next- it is getting easier to just relax for that short time. Please try it you'll be shocked at the experience. And then over joyed that you got that very brief snippet of time.
    Em has taken over my dining room with her sewing projects. She lives in a small but beautiful apartment and Jim's office is pretty much taken over. He has a catering company- check out his website- www.heirloomfire.com so she needs space too.
    They'll buy a house next year so until them Suzi seamstress needs space- but it's all good and she is having a blast.
    I am doing well on my eating and didn't scale hop today but I will tomorrow- trying to do it ever few days and I want to check before I drive for extended time as I won't be drinking as much water as usual.
    I'm feeling better about me- in case you haven't noticed :) I will lose this weight and take care of Cindy- aka Lucinda.
    Until later
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. I love reading everyone's posts. Tonight is a Murder Mystery Dinner Theater. I'm attending with church friends. My date is my best girlfriend as Mike didn't show interest. A couple of people from church are in the production, so it should be a fun evening. Have a great day!

Bert
  • luzingg
    Happy Friday ladies,

Janet, no matter what you choose to wear you will be radiant! Just walk your confident walk, smile your confident smile and think your confident thoughts and know we are all there cheering you on while we hold you up.

Karla, prayers for Jason. My daughter is not invited to the wedding. My grandson and his fiancé just met her at Thanksgiving and have only seen her once since then. I will be attending her son's wedding in November, yes he is my grandson too. Still figuring out this new family dynamic and incorporating them into my life and family has been interesting in ways I had not ever imagined.

Mary Lynn, yeah for happy reunions!

Cindy, so proud of your continued focus on you, two minutes at a time is a great start. Enjoy your seminar. Another outing just for you. I had checked out Jim's website before and totally love his concept. So nice to see her so enthused over the sewing.

Bert, I love the Mystery Dinner Theater, haven't been to one in a while. Have a great time with your date!

Off to the gym in a few. Then a few errands, then not sure but it is supposed to rain this afternoon so maybe I will do something in my craft room. Have lots of new toys I haven't played with and need to make some wedding cards.
    See you all later
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Cindy, so glad you are getting back to Being Cindy (and Lucinda). Still vacillating on outfit but will figure that our after errands. Nice that you get extra Em time (despite the chaos). Jim's website is an absolute knockout! Wow -- the sound, the photos the menus. Now I'm hungry -- and too far away. I lost a pound over the last two weeks, which isn't great but not awful given my BIG slips the weekend of my Aunt Pat's memorial. We can do this!

Karla, praying for Jason for sure. Thought of you yesterday when I realized that for a couple of weeks I will have TWO concurrent eye drop schedules -- multiple drops in each eye. If I stick to a strict schedule, I'll be using drops at 6, 7, noon, 3, 6, 11 and midnight! Glad to do that if necessary but will ask the doc what he suggests. Have booked a car to the facility, so transport is all set up.

MaryLynn, glad the two of you took a rest day -- Myron from his travels and you from your outdoor beautification.

Bert, have fun at the event -- girlfriend time and a mystery, with friends in the cast. It can't get much better than that. Some things just aren't couples events and you'll have more fun with a girlfriend than with Mike going along without real interest.

Patti, the ourfit sounds perfect -- nice that you can enjoy being a guest and not having to work on setup too. More energy for dancing!

Jeanette, any news from you? What a busy week. Hope you get some time with Alanna and Avery too.

I'm off to run a few errands, then need to figure out what I'll wear tomorrow (knowing me, I'll probably take a couple of options and make a last-minute call -- at the moment I'm leaning toward a maxidress as it may be more appropriate for the weather there. (Cindy, no sandals, alas -- my feet won't tolerate them. I can't wear cute shoes of any kind, but I did find some Skechers that feel OK for when I just don't want to wear my brace.) Am getting excited about Tuesday's cataract removal #1. It's my distance eye.

Back later -- big hugs!
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Good night, ladies,
    Had another fun and active day outside clearing, chopping and even relocating some patio furniture to adorn some of the new forest space. Had to get a new chainsaw blade, as Myron wore one out on the huge logs that needed cutting. Enjoyed a restful evening and pretty ready for bed now, sow will do personals another time. Have a great sleep all!
    Hugs,
    MaryLynn
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning ladies. I know everyone is off enjoying their prospective engagements this weekend. Janet her reunion, Patti her grandma's wedding, Cindi her editing seminar, Bert her murder mystery dinner and Mary Lynn her son's visit with Myron. Jeanette I hope you received confirmation of your practicum and Brian is feeling more comfortable with the passing days at his new company.

As for me, everything went well for my son yesterday, but also times drags on. I spent four hours getting viruses removed from my new laptop again. I have McAfee on it, but it does not keep them off. I just ordered the HP Smart Friend monthly service family plan that will cover all my computers, tablets and phones and keep them optimized and they cleaned 64 threats off it last night. Geez.

My twin grandsons, Kyle and Jody are coming over this morning to do more yard work for the money we have donated towards their band camp for this summer, so I am baking some peanut butter cookies for them. They made the comment last time that they sure missed my cookies. Lol.

Glenn and I have finally purchased a Nordic Track treadmill. It will arrive this afternoon. My home is really coming together. Life moves on.

I can't wait to hear from you all to hear how all the festivities transpired. I do want to get focused on our group, topics and my exercise now.

Cease the day!

Karls
  • JP_in_KY
    Karla, have fun with the boys -- just watching them will be entertaining, and of course they knew they could get you to back them cookies!

Time to pack, shower and get out of here by 10 at the latest -- will put makeup on at my friend's house. This isn't a reunion, just a "gathering" of maybe 30 class members and many will bring spouses. My class was nearly 700 -- there should be a reunion in two years. This will be a good warmup, since only one other attendee is someone I've seen (aside from Facebook) since then. Not going to worry too much about tracking but will try to make decent choices.

Home tomorrow so I can do things Monday before the Tuesday cataract surgery.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

p.s. -- MaryLynn, I'm starting to think of you and Myron as my lumberjack friends! You're creating an outdoor paradise in an area that's pretty much paradise in any condition. So happy for you.
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. The mystery dinner was fun; however, the dinner was horrible! It was catered by a local restaurant where we have eaten many times. It was supposed to be chicken cordon bleu, but was terrible! The waitresses were not good either. We enjoyed the show, but that's it. Oh well, it was a fundraiser for the back pack program for the school corporation. I'm glad much money was raised for the program and we got to see our Dinner Theater family in a different performance.

Janet: Enjoy your gathering. I attended my class reunion a few years ago and had an ok time. Since I moved away right after graduation, I don't have many connections just like you mentioned. I'm not sure I'll go to any more. I did, however, reunite with my best friend in HS, so that was successful.

I'm working in my "office/craft room/catch all room" today. It's sprinkling, so I'll have to do yardwork another day. Have a great day.

Bert
  • luzingg
    Good morning one and all, it's overcast and dreary but that won't affect the festivities. Indoor wedding and reception between two beautiful people is all that is needed to put sunshine in our hearts. So looking forward to seeing these two become one. They are such a loving couple and I think they have the makings for a long and happy married life as man and wife.

Karla, I agree that it is time to get this board and ourselves back to focusing on healthy eating habits and exercise, for those that are able.

Janet, I know you will have a good time with your group of school chums. I think this informal meeting is so much better than a reunion. Since I went to night school I have never had to endure the scrutiny of a class reunion. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Bert, sorry about the food and service but sounds like you made the best of by enjoying the company and the show.

Cindy, enjoy your seminar.

Jeanette, any word on the practicum?

Mary Lynn, I think Janet has the same image that I do of you and Myron. Have a great time with your son.

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning group. As we start this week let us continue to reflect on our individual goals that many of you are already working, establish and state yours if you haven't, if you desire. I will update the weekly goals tonight and Monday evening. I propose the following group challenge:

Group challenge for week of May 22nd:

Pick two of the following and complete this week.

1. Drink 64 ounces of water everyday. ( if you are already doing this, don't choose)
    2. Contact another board member and share how you are doing. This can be by text, message on this site, email or phone call.
    3. Add a new fruit to your food group.
    4. Try a new recipe.
    5. Add an extra exercise routine.
    6. Spend two minutes of quiet time with yourself.
    7. Check in with this board everyday for support.
    8. Invite a friend to join this board.
    9. Eat five vegetables and fruits in combination everyday this week.
    10. Get two or three servings of dairy products everyday this week.
    11. Research your daily protein target and strive to achieve it.
    12. Weather permitting, get outside and enjoy the season.
    13. Go swimming. Inside or out.
    14. Go for a walk, inside or out.
    15. Pick a book or movie, just for you, and enjoy.

Glenn is studying his manual on his treadmill. This thing is HUGE, but then my husband is a big man and we needed a sturdy one. I am anxious to hear from Patti and Janet on how their events went, as well as Mary Lynn. Bert, sorry about the food at yours. I am off to the grocery store and to pick up more mulch.

I hope you all will embrace the group challenge. Please list your mini goal for me.

Karla