Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    My mini goal..EXERCISE x3 this week.

Group goal- # 6 and #14.

Karla
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    A beautiful day here, especially since I am still smiling from the wedding. The ceremony was short and very beautiful. The btidesmaids dresses were simple and elegant and the bride was stunning. My grandson was so handsome and his gorgeous, brilliant blue eyes shone even brighter than usual because they were filled with love for his bride. We were treated like part of the wedding party, our food was served to us while everyone else had to go get theirs from the other room. The best part was being with all our family and friends. They did a great job with the seating chart and all the exes played well with each other. The only damper on the day was seeing Edd's daughter. She is obviously anorexic and with shocking red hair and overdone make up she looked like A cartoon. She stopped speaking to us about 6 years ago, reasons still unknown to this day. But I will not dwell on that. We have resolved ourselves to the situation. Now for a fun story. About a year ago I gave the kids an extremely tacky cake topper that I found at a yard sale. It was plastic and yellowed with age, with a few broken pieces. We had taken them out to dinner and I had it all wrapped in a beautiful box with tissue paper and a bow. We told them that it was a family heirloom, that it had been on my parents cake and it would mean the world to us if they could work it into their decor in some way. They oohed and awed and thanked us, but the looks on their faces showed what they really felt- confusion and a bit of shock. I had to explain to them that it was a joke, both were quite relieved. I then forgot all about the ugly thing. But they had not. It was on our table as part of the centerpiece!!!!! Everyone got a good laugh, and that is what life is all about. Now we have the tacky decoration again and will just wait for the next opportunity to give it back, perhaps at their first anniversary party....

Karla, thanks for all the thought you have put into getting us refocused on our journey. Hope you like the treadmill, I have never been able to stay on one for more than about 15 minutes and each one of those minutes is agony to me. I feel the same about stationary bikes and elipticals. I just get so bored and nothing I have tried distracts me. I wish I wasn't like that, would make working out easier, but alas, that is just how it is. If my feet are moving I need variety I guess.

Patti
  • luzingg
    Group challenge: #4&6
    Mini goal: TRACK, TRACK, TRACK
    Patti
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hello Ladies-
    Karla- I'm 6 and 15- still trying to do nice things for just me.
    Everyone sounds happy and moving in the right direction.
    Patti- I chuckled about the cake topper- too funny
    Yesterday was great- but I didn't use that for my blog today. Still processing. My blog ins't the best and I didn't really have something driving me today. But not everything I write will be profound- Rick wasn't happy as it was my ex I went to Boston with so maybe after his comments caused my cloud- not dwelling moving forward.
    I'm on track today with my food intake and staying put for the entire day- :)
    I'll be back in a bit- hope everyone has the Sunday they want and deserve.
    Until later
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    edited May 2016
    Patti- I remember you purchasing that old cake topper. Your nephew has your humor. That is what love is about, he honored you with throwback. Lol. We have long-standing jokes in our family. Sad about Ed's daughter, nothing you can do. When is your next event?

Cindy - So sorry about Rick, do not understand about ex going with you to seminar? I'm afraid few men would understand the two ex- spouses being together, but sometimes circumstances dictate.. Just last week Jason's father and I had to accompany him someplace for four hours. Glenn made a comment too, but he understood we both had to be there for support. I'm sure you had your reasons too.

Great weekend all around. Lots of Glenn time, Karla time, with having a manicure and pedicure and now Izzy time.

Oh , Patti, I'm the same about the treadmill, it's for Glenn, not me, I prefer outside or a DVD anytime.

Janet- are you back? Have a good time?

Karla
  • cindyr619
    Good Morning girls-
    Karla- my ex didn't go with me to the seminar- :) Long before we were divorced we went to Boston for the july 4th fireworks- I mentioned in my blog post this week about the fireworks but no mention of the ex husband. When Rick asked me when I went to them I said when I was married to Joe- he got mad and went to camp for the afternoon while I puttered at home.
    It is very sad actually- we BOTH have a past.... and we got divorced for a reason.
    I'm not one to hold a grudge and I actually talk to my ex and am friendly. I don't have a reason not to be nice.
    On plan for today- used my time to 3 minutes of just me.
    Have to run but I'll be back around lunch time.
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning ladies and Welcome to our new FOCUSED week.

Cindy- I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought it was this past weekend you went. Men are curious creatures for sure.

I updated our goal board as below. Please let me know if you wan yours updated this evening. Summer is upon us:

Karlalm58 - Karla - AL(gulf coast)- Exercise x3 this week.
    Luzingg - Patti - OH - TRACK TRACK TRACK
    Jp_in_Ky - Janet - KY - Fully back on track-Track it all, no cheating
    Cindy619 - Cindy - MA - FOCUS ON ME
    Smack59 - Suzi - OK - TRACK IT ALL!
    bertevans - Bert - IN - drink water and get 10K steps each day.
    Eniads- Diane - MD - TRACK EVERYTHING I PUT IN MY MOUTH.
    68Myra - Myra - NC - Stop and Think
    Xjsjaguar - MaryLynn - VI, BC - -INCREASE DAILY PROTEIN. 90 MIN. ACTIVITIES/DAY
    LivLovLrn - Jeanette - OR- EAT 4 VEGGIES A DAY
    Java_Mom115 - Beth - MI -80 OZ WATER DAILY, 6 WORKOUTS, TRACK EVERYTHING
    JudyAnnsews - Judy, MI -Keep on keeping on

Remember to choose your two group goals. This will be fun.

I have to get cracking. Have a great day.

Karla
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is going to be a fabulous day. I heading outside to work outside for a while and then will start to get the house ready for my Chicago family. We are trying to get our pool ready for the kids to swim in, but I'm afraid the water will be too cool. We shall see.

Patti: The cake topper story is hilarious! Our Chicago son and daughter-in-law had a similar problem when they go married abou 10 years ago. Our family's table was the "buffer table" as Annie's mother's family and father's family don't get along. So we sat inbetween them and my ex and his wife sat with us. I get along with him really well (now and with the help of Mike :) ) Her step-mother's family was also in the mix. It was somewhat stressful for Annie as she is a peacemaker, like me. I just decided that life is too short to bother with differences.

Janet: Hope you had a fun time at your class get together.

My mini goals for this week:
    1. Drink 64 ounces of water everyday.
    9. Eat five vegetables and fruits in combination everyday this week

Have a great day everyone!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Good morning! Busy day on tap before tomorrow morning's cataract surgery on my right eye (which will be my distance eye).

Trip was short and tiring but fun. My friend Marilyn and I both agreed to go because the other was going, and our friend Brenda (from back in the day) was there too and the three of us had a great catch-up. Got lots of hugs and it was weird how happy the head cheerleader was to see me. She wasn't the nicest to me back then but, bygones. Got lots of hugs and several people didn't recognize me -- hey, it's been over 40 years and we've all changed. Got some time with my best friend too, but about 15 hours of the 28 were spent in car or on pit stops so after errands today, I'll burrow into laundry and housework.

Last week was spotty food wise for me so KEEP MY GOAL THE SAME, PLEASE, and I will do better this week. I am pretty OK with my body right now and though it would be nice to release a few pounds I am turning my focus to QUALITY of choices and not going to become scale-obsessed. If I maintain where I am, I can live with it. But NO MORE gains. Maybe if I take scale pressure off I can focus on my actual behavior and not beating myself up. I have re-lost a few pounds so there's that.

Back later if I can -- if not, I'll check in tomorrow after I'm home.
  • luzingg
    Good Monday morning all. Great day to refocus our efforts on ourselves. The sun is shining, no rain expected and I starts my day with 3 minutes of quiet time (that's how long it takes to heat my coffee, lol)! 3 minutes of deep breathing and positive statements on how I see myself navigating this week. Tracked my breakfast and now I am headed to the grocery, well right after I find a new recipe to try this week. Restocking the cabin is a challenge when I can't remember what I still have there. I will pick up the basics and hopefully won't need to go to the grocery after I get there.

Cindy, men are curious creatures, are they not? They usually hide their tender spots so well we are not prepared when we accidently bump into one of them. Hope his time away helped him recover the bruise. Loved your blog, as I always do. We love fireworks but have to be super cautious with the sparklers, so much wood in our homes and decks. Plus those pesky metal sticks seem to always burn a foot or hand along the way.

Bert, our family is a huge blend of cultures, ages and exes. I think we all decided long ago to just go with the flow. Except for Edd's daughter and his first wife (the mother of his children) we all get along well. There has never been any incidents or unpleasantries, we all love our kids, grandkids and great grandkids, they make it worth being kind to each other. I think as a result they are all kind and caring. They never have to worry about warring exes being in the same space. I described it as the Hatfields and McCoys call a truce whenever we are all together.

Janet, hope you have time to check in and tell us how your get together was. Keeping you in my prayers that all goes well tomorrow. My GF gets her second round of chemo tomorrow.

Waving to Jeanette and Mary Lynn.
    Myra, hope you find your way back to us. Miss your smile.

Patti
  • cindyr619
    Hi Ladies-
    It's a raining day here today.
    Janet- the surgery will be behind you shortly and then a brand new way of looking at the world. Glad the weekend went so well. Thinking of you. I'm glad you changing focus to high quality choices and less on the actual scale.
    Patti- sending your GF a hug for round 2. And men certainly are curious.
    I missed my 3 minutes this AM - I just realized. I will fit it in shortly.
    I had a really good day yesterday- not perfect. A mini pack of M n M's found there way into my mouth in a moment of extreme stress. Sigh but today will be better.
    Need to run-
    CIndy
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is another beautiful day. I'll trim another bush today and then will work on getting Power Point ready for church.

Janet: I'm glad you had a nice visit. I'm like you in the respect I wasn't treated very well by the "in crowd". However, they were pretty nice at my 45th. I doubt that I'll return, but am happy to have made friendships with a few on Facebook. Most of the girls I ran around with weren't there and unfortunately some have passed away.

Patti: I'm with you in calling truces. We did that a long time ago because, like you, we all love our children and grandchildren.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    Prayers and healing thoughts for Janet. I know she will do well and am so glad her cat sitter will be there for her.

Cindy, only one mini pack of M&Ms and then you owned it and stopped. That is progress.

Bert, I am with you and Janet on not being very well treated in the bit of high school that I attended. In many ways going to night school because of my pregnancy was a blessing. I was accepted and treated as an adult. I grew up too fast but I think I was more mature to begin with. I did miss out on dances, proms, games and such but I don't seem to have turned out any the worse for it. And in the long run, I now have a daughter to show for it.

Off to the dentist then lunch with my Mom and my Sis. Going to our favorite Mexican place. Mom and I both love their tortilla chips and will probably bring home a bag. I found a recipe for a mexican dip made with butternut squash I want to try out this weekend and the chips will go perfectly with it.
    Happy to say I met all my goals for yesterday. Now on to day 2. I am trying to adopt Janet's attitude and not scale obsess, just make healthy choices. Actually I have not been on the scale in a month and do not plan to get on until I feel my better in my clothes. Just don't need that kind of negativity in my life. Looking forward to TRX tonight, too.
    So far it looks like the weekend weather is going to cooperate for a fun gathering. I have about 10-12 people coming to camp out, so praying for little to no rain. Better get going or I will be late.
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning ladies. It is another sunny and beautiful day here on the Gulf of Mexico. I did not sleep well, so I have just awoken. This morning I will accomplish my first exercise routine for the week. The podiatrist has a hospital surgery today, so I am home working today. Glenn and I have quite a nice routine going. He works laying on the living room couch with his two tables set up, and I in my office. We have a healthy breakfast every morning. Ten months until his retirement, the countdown is on. I'm going to paint a couple flower pots this morning before I get started inside. The cool temps of low 60's in the morning are awesome. The birds chirping and the aroma of the tropical plumbers plants just really take me away. We have our first family bbq planned for June 18th, a Father's Day gathering for Glenn. When just our children and grandchildren attend it is 19 people. Lol.

Cindy- You are aware of your day and that is what control is all about. We are not perfect. A snack size bag is tolerable. You are such a special person. What has Em made so far on her sewing? It is almost a dying art, sewing. That is what I was told by my son in law, to be, when I gave him his Ole Miss throw for Christmas. It meant so much more to him, because I made it.

Janet- Thoughts and prayers to you this morning my dear. I am anxious to hear the details as I hope to be there by September. I know my case will be more complicated as yours, with my shingles involvement, but still the same basic cataract removal. Let me know when you can how you are. I concur that you have arrived on your body size and quality and stablizing is where you are. I have full confidence in you too.

Bert- I do as you do. A project at a time in my yard.

I better go as I am getting a later start.

TT: Do you keep your health/life in the forefront of your mind when making choices in your life? Today, think about what is good for just you both mentally and physically and honor yourself. Name something today or tomorrow you have honored yourself with. After all, we are worth it!

Karla
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    good morning ladies.

firstly, i feel so relieved that I'm still on the OMG roster! so, thanks for the faith!

a friend i met on another thread reached out to me via mail which made me realize how much i need to get back in the right head space. I haven't logged into MFP since the last time i checked in here.... and i can't even remember when that was anymore. not acceptable.

strawberries are still producing, but not gangbusters anymore, and i'm near ready to rip half the plants out.

I'm overwhelmed with the posts i missed..... so, for now.... i'll just start "over".

TT: i have not been keeping my health in the forefront of my mind lately, but i shall do so today. I walked six miles today with a friend. i have blisters, but it was worth it. I know i'll eat some pizza tonight at one kid's end of soccer season party, so I will eat a light and healthy lunch!

myra
  • KarlaLM58
    Myra- You are a special part of our team. We welcome you back always my dear.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    Janet is home safe and sound and laying down for a nap. fyi.

Karla
  • luzingg
    Myra, glad to see you back. You have been missed. Don't worry about catching up, just jump back in.

Karla, thanks for the update on Janet.

Nice lunch with mom and sis. Mom's eyes were really bothering her and she was having a hard time seeing. I hate seeing her struggle so much, I did a little shopping for her and then we sat out on her porch for a bit. I cherish every. I ute I have with her. Edd is off to KY to help a friend work on a bike and won't be home until late tonight. My eating today has been off but not overboard. TRX was great and I feel like I am actually getting stronger. The trainer and all the other folks in the class are constantly pushing me and each other to work harder and go the extra mile in class. My WOB Tracy has been missing in action for several weeks. I have texted her and she is well but I miss her. Hopefully she will return soon.
    Now to watch the final episode of the Voice. With the addition of Miley Cyrus next season I will no longer be watching, I find her too irritating to,watch and I think she will ruin the dynamics of the show
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Myra, great to see your smile back with us!

Cindy, you slipped but didn't cave completely. Brava.

Patti, I don't watch The Voice but Miley (like Bieber) drives me away from anything she touches.

Right cataract surgery went well. Might even be able to drive myself to the next one if I forego the 2 mg of valium. It was fascinating and bizarre. Doc said I did great and I see him in the morning. I have a clear shield over my eye and have a four-week drop regimen (every six hours for the first week). Got a little nap this afternoon and am tired and have a tiny headache this evening but absolutely nothing I would call pain. If my glasses are on, I can see only with left eye and if they are off, only with right (am very nearsighted with lots of astigmatism).

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. I have done well in both quantity and quality of food today. Yay!

See you tomorrow. Hugs to everyone.
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning group.

Patti- Glad about your lunch with your mom and sis, but so sorry about her eyes. Has she found a good ophthalmologist since she's been there? Is it macular degeneration?

Janet- Good news on your eye and eating.

I must say my landscaping has never looked so great. Glenn spray painted my cement pots and they look awesome.

I best get going advice have to take Glenn to the doctor before I go to the podiatry office for a little while.

Have a great and productive and honor yourself again today.

Karla