Niha's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea, will give your muscles a much need recovery. :-)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    That's a good idea, will give your muscles a much need recovery. :-)

Yeah it did! Although i did take a walk with my little one. The weight has started to come off. The pain is better but still very much there. Hopefully it will be gone soon.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Hooray, that is great! Yeah, whenever I first get back into strength training, it usually takes my muscles several days to recover. lol I usually wait two days and if I'm sore I go at it. However, if it's pain like I've pulled a muscle or something? Nope, I wait until full recovery. That's different from sore and not something to push through.
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Week 12 results:

I finally started an exercise regime this week and worked out on all days except one. I gained quite a lot of water weight this week due to muscle soreness from my exercise routine. I still have a lot of muscle pain but its improving. Minimal loss this week but glad to at least maintain the weight.

Week.............. Weight..................................Loss........
    1....…..............94 kg/206.8 lbs.......... .......2.4 kg / 5.28 lbs
    2.......…............93.2 kg/205 lbs..................0.8 kg/ 1.8 lbs
    3.....….............91.6 kg/201.5 lbs.............. 1.6 kg/ 3.52 lbs
    4.............…..…91.2 kg/200.6 lbs............. 0.4 kg/ 0.9 lbs
    5....................90.6 kg/199.3 lbs............. 0.6 kg/ 1.32 lbs
    6....................89.7 kg/197.3 lbs...............0.9 kg/ 1.98 lbs
    7....................89.1 kg/196 lbs................... 0.6 kg/ 1.32 lbs
    8....................87.1 kg/191.6 lbs.............. 2 kg/ 4.4 lbs
    9……...............86.4 kg/190.1 lbs............... 0.7 kg/1.54 lbs 10…...............85.1kg/187.2 lbs............... 1.3 kg/2.86 lbs
    11..................84.7 kg/186.3 lbs.............. 0.4 kg/0.88 lbs
    12...................84.6 kg/186.1 lbs............. 0.1 kg/0.2 lbs

Total weight loss in 12 OMAD weeks: 11.8 kg/25.96lbs
    Total weight loss: 20.4 kg/44.88 lbs
    Goal weight range is 60 to 65 kg or 132 to 143 lbs
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You're losing every week and that's wonderful :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    You're doing fantastic!
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    My weight has been fluctuating between 84 and 85 kg since 2 weeks. I felt i needed to shake a few things up.. Included more carbs this weekend, bringing my daily net carb intake to somewhere between 70 to 100 gms. Guess I could call it a carb refeed weekend :smiley: Have been exercising regularly since last week. I still don't see any movement on the scale but I'm hoping i will by the end of this week. Going back to low carb from tomorrow. Hope things will start to move.
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I didn't realize you were stalled, I keep seeing "has lost" on my homepage in your feeds so I thought you were losing. lol Best to you on however you feel you need to shake things up and how to you choose to carry on afterwards.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Sandy, you are definitely not a weirdo. You are a great inspiration to me and others here who are following your progress and are being inspired by your awesome progress. It seems my weight is affected by carbs as well as those you mentioned. I am trying to do OMAD without any restrictions. To me I feel I am losing slowly, but I am losing so that is all that matters. After a little over 7 weeks in, I still feel the need to modify so that I can find what works. Everyone here seems to have their programs worked out and are steadily making progress and I feel that I am in my own little world trying to figure it all out.

Keep doing what you are doing, we are here for you.
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    (((Tracey))), thank you. I actually went and edited that part out, after I posted because I didn't want anyone to take it wrong or think I was being ugly and critical. Lol

I honestly do love this group and people in it and I cheer for everybody regardless of how they're tailoring to their needs... even if I feel like a weirdo. Hahaha We are all in our own world, I see no two OMADers doing anything the same exact way. Maybe that's what makes us special :)
  • mikseyniha
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @wsandy8512 @tlblanksfit thank you for your comments. Apparently MFP doesn't post anything for a weight gain. So you end up only seeing the losses.. I have been gaining and losing. Yesterday I reported a loss of 0.7 kg. Today I gained 0.6 kg :(
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Daily readings mean almost nothing! There is a lot of water noise in the data and there can be constipation noise also. Look at trends over multiple days. I guarantee that you did not lose or gain that much fat in consecutive days.
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    June goals results:
    Weight loss achieved: 3.8 kg/8.36 lbs. Almost made it to the goals.
    Did not quite abide by the carb limit, however, I did start exercising this month to break my plateau of 84-85 kg. I had 3 days of carb load(100gms) to shock my system and then went back to 50 gms of carb along with daily strength exercises plus HIIT. HIIT seems to work for me which I am going to continue doing.
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    I almost forgot! I am finally out of the obese category! New BMI 29.8. I am still overweight but I am glad to see this category after a year :smiley:
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great job - I can't wait to not be obese anymore!!!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Don't apologize for a long post there, Girly! Especially since you have such a great report. I can see this picture better than the one on your home page... the difference overall is awesome, but man oh man, your neck! Look at your neck! I bet your face, that apparently you're too shy to show us, looks way different too!
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Great job - I can't wait to not be obese anymore!!!

Thanks @minigrrll you will make it soon there. Keep up the good work :)
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Don't apologize for a long post there, Girly! Especially since you have such a great report. I can see this picture better than the one on your home page... the difference overall is awesome, but man oh man, your neck! Look at your neck! I bet your face, that apparently you're too shy to show us, looks way different too!

Thanks @wsandy8512 My face hasn't changed much. Its still chubby but my jawline has improved and looks much defined now. You could say I have lost the heavy chin and hence you can see my neck :tongue: My trouble areas are my hips and thighs. There's room for a lot of improvement there. I am working on it :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    We are our own worst critics when it comes to our faces and bodies. But, at the same time, I know where you are coming from. I think it's sweet when my husband, daughter and others say, "OMG, you're so thin!" I know, in reality, I look thin to them because I've lost a lot of weight so far, but I'm still obese. When you're obese, you do not look thin. I just say, "Thanks, yes, I have gotten thinner. Still have a long way to go though!" lol
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Awesome and what you're doing now is working very well for you, KUTGW!!! :)