Niha's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    It is really hot over here in Spain there is a huge heat wave...maybe if this is your case too you could be retaining water to protect yourself from the heat?

Its quite pleasant here In Mumbai with the rains. Not sure if it's really water weight but I do hope so :)
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Don't focus on your daily weigh ins because they fluctuate too much, some people weigh every day and only log in their lowest weight for the week...Good luck :)

I really hope that's the case :)
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Week 15 results:
    I managed to lose the water weight. Minor loss this week but I am so glad to not see a gain. I had almost settled and accepted that I might have no loss or in fact have a gain this week. But thankfully the water weight decided to go off.

Its gonna be a long journey before I reach my final goal. Its better if I just take it one week at a time. Let's keep it going.

Week.............. Weight..................................Loss........
    1....…..............94 kg/206.8 lbs.......... .......2.4 kg / 5.28 lbs
    2.......…............93.2 kg/205 lbs..................0.8 kg/ 1.8 lbs
    3.....….............91.6 kg/201.5 lbs.............. 1.6 kg/ 3.52 lbs
    4.............…..…91.2 kg/200.6 lbs............. 0.4 kg/ 0.9 lbs
    5....................90.6 kg/199.3 lbs............. 0.6 kg/ 1.32 lbs
    6....................89.7 kg/197.3 lbs...............0.9 kg/ 1.98 lbs
    7....................89.1 kg/196 lbs................... 0.6 kg/ 1.32 lbs
    8....................87.1 kg/191.6 lbs.............. 2 kg/ 4.4 lbs
    9……...............86.4 kg/190.1 lbs............... 0.7 kg/1.54 lbs 10…...............85.1kg/187.2 lbs............... 1.3 kg/2.86 lbs
    11..................84.7 kg/186.3 lbs.............. 0.4 kg/0.88 lbs
    12...................84.6 kg/186.1 lbs............. 0.1 kg/0.2 lbs
    13...................82.7 kg/181.9 lbs............. 1.9 kg/4.18 lbs
    14....................81.6 kg/179.5 lbs.............1.1 kg/2.42 lbs
    15....................81.4 kg/179.1 lbs............ 0.2 kg/0.44 lbs

Total weight loss in 15 OMAD weeks: 15 kg/33 lbs
    Total weight loss: 23.6 kg/51.92 lbs
    Goal weight range is 60 to 65 kg or 132 to 143 lbs
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Hooray, Niha!!! Nice that the water weight dropped off of you. :-)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Niha!!! well done!!!! congratulations! I read somewhere else that a lady doing OMAD was also not dropping weight and suddenly out of the blue 5 lbs in a week!!! so there you go your body could be doing major fixings for you behind the scenes!!!!

xx
  • mikseyniha
    Options
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    33 pounds in 15 OMAD weeks is Awesome!!! :)
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Thanks Brenda :smiley:
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress. Well done.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It's all good, the trend you have is really nice.
    My weight was also not budging this week, must be something going around.
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • mikseyniha
    edited July 2017
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    It's all good, the trend you have is really nice.
    My weight was also not budging this week, must be something going around.

Hahaha yeah definitely something around :smiley:

• mikseyniha
    Options
    I am so bored eating chicken, fish and eggs. I am going to change my diet the coming week. Will still be doing OMAD but with just boiled veggies and fruits. I feel I need to detox my body of all the meat and oil/fat. I had a vegan meal today which was way to high in carbs. Starting with a fast tomorrow just to flush everything.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Best to you on your fast and new foods added to your diet. I would go bonkers eating just those things, myself. lol
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Good luck on going meatless and oil-free for a while!
    Unsolicited advice: you will want some fat if you do this long-term, so don't be afraid to slip in avocados and coconuts if you do. And if you're open to more non-veg/fruit foods, hemp and flax seeds are great sources of fat as well. I also swear by algae powders for a great balance of all the macros, and they are great in fruit smoothies in case you go that route.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Great idea Niha!... I tend to repeat meals if I found something that works for me but I agree it can get boring... I am not so much a "snob eater" but more of a pragmatic eater... so to repeat a meal that works for me does not bother me too much, at least for now LOL!
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your suggestions :)
    I must say I have already got bored with the fruits. Its not fulfilling like how we feel when we eat protien. Not sure how long I will do this. I caved in today and did not fast. Also added some whole wheat carbs to feel full. This is not good. Coz I feel I may not lose any weight with this diet. Even if I do, it may bounce back. Anyways, will do this just enough to 'want' to get back to low carb routine. I am not weighing since yesterday coz I know I may have gained some water weight. Don't want to be disappointed. :wink:
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    I must say I have already got bored with the fruits. Its not fulfilling like how we feel when we eat protien. Not sure how long I will do this. I caved in today and did not fast. Also added some whole wheat carbs to feel full. This is not good. Coz I feel I may not lose any weight with this diet. Even if I do, it may bounce back. Anyways, will do this just enough to 'want' to get back to low carb routine. I am not weighing since yesterday coz I know I may have gained some water weight. Don't want to be disappointed. :wink:

You are thinking too much about your foods. Eat and be done with it. Eat what you want on a given day. That are no "miracle foods." Your best bet is to be contended and happy with your choices, whatever they are. Trust me.
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Niha, what about adding protein and fats in with your fruits and whole grains? I understand a lot of people think low carb is key to weight loss, but it honestly isn't. Barring some unknown medical issues or allergies, why not shoot for a balanced diet? You could add healthy fats like nuts, seeds, avocados, etc., have fruit and whole grains, and feel completely satiated for a very long time. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Personally, I want to lose weight differently than in the past and that means no severe caloric or food restrictions, I want to eat and live now like I plan on eating, whether that's OMAD or another version of Intermittent Fasting with a larger window, etc., and living for the rest of my life. Some people have successfully transitioned to maintenance after losing weight eating low carb diets, but most of them, as with any other kind of dieting, end up regaining the weight and have to start the whole ugly process all over again.

Of course, the ultimate decision lies with you. If you feel low carb is the only way, and you think you'll be one of the few people who can transition to a higher carb diet afterwards and keep the weight off, then by all means, do it. :-) You have tons of support here, and I can't speak for everyone, but I adore the heck out of you and shall continue to cheer you on no matter how you approach YOUR weight loss. :-)
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    mikseyniha wrote: »

You are thinking too much about your foods. Eat and be done with it. Eat what you want on a given day. That are no "miracle foods." Your best bet is to be contended and happy with your choices, whatever they are. Trust me.

You've got me thinking Joe. You're right, I may be over thinking about food. And thats probably coz I am not satisfied with my meals. I will try to be realistic now onwards. The only thing I have noticed is that if I include anal adequate amount of carbs, which include whole wheat bread, veggies, salads and occasionally a bowl of rice with lentil, I tend to put on. That's the reason I try to control the carbs. I will surely try and keep it as close to a normal balanced meal so that its easier to maintain when I reach my goal.

Thanks for making me realize and think about the long term thing. :)